Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:17:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour U Turns Part 164  (Read 32663 times)

albie

• Forum Member
Re: Labour U Turns Part 164
« Reply #630 on May 29, 2024, 12:47:05 pm by albie »
Syd,

Liars lie like a rug, you know that!

DA is not currently the Labour candidate for Hackney, despite the backing of the local party.
At this stage, the nomination will be set by the NEC, packed with Keith's placemen.
This decision will not be scrutinised or endorsed by Hackney CLP, so what is to stop Keith parachuting in some extreme centrist clone to a safe seat?

If Keith wanted to clear this up, he could have said DA will be Labour candidate, but he has not.
The man is a complete balloon, and is incapable of giving a straight answer to anything.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #631 on May 29, 2024, 12:48:55 pm by SydneyRover »
Have any untruth been told Albie?

Have you posted your party's policies yet?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #632 on May 29, 2024, 01:02:19 pm by drfchound »
Lunchtime news (in the UK) and DA still saying that she is barred from standing as a Labour MP.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #633 on May 29, 2024, 03:15:11 pm by SydneyRover »
Syd,

DA is not currently the Labour candidate for Hackney, despite the backing of the local party.
At this stage, the nomination will be set by the NEC, packed with Keith's placemen.
This decision will not be scrutinised or endorsed by Hackney CLP, so what is to stop Keith parachuting in some extreme centrist clone to a safe seat?

If Keith wanted to clear this up, he could have said DA will be Labour candidate, but he has not.
The man is a complete balloon, and is incapable of giving a straight answer to anything.

''Diane Abbott has said she is “delighted” to have had the Labour whip restored but is “very dismayed” about reports suggesting she has been barred from standing as a Labour candidate at the next general election.

But Sky News reports that Keir Starmer said this afternoon that “no decision has been taken to bar [Abbott] going forward”.

''Labour faces heavy pressure to allow the first Black woman elected to parliament to re-stand however in her Hackney North and Stoke Newington constituency, with a rally due to be held at Hackney Town Hall on Wednesday night.

The veteran MP said in a statement on X this morning: “Naturally I am delighted to have the Labour whip restored and to be a member of the [Parliamentary Labour Party]. Thank you to all those who supported me along the way.

I will be campaigning for a Labour victory. But I am very dismayed that numerous reports suggest I have been barred as a candidate.

https://labourlist.org/2024/05/diane-abbott-labour-whip-mp-general-election/

At least she knows how to campaign if you want the tories out, aye?

Any news on your policies yet Albie?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #634 on May 29, 2024, 05:28:46 pm by albie »
Syd,

We now know that the internal inquiry into the Diane Abbott case ended in December 2023.

Keith and other Labour MP's have repeatedly gone on air to say it was an ongoing process....it was not, this was a bare faced lie.
Starmer and Shadow Cabinet members repeated this deception last week.

Aside from the obvious untruth, the delay was to put pressure on Abbott.
It is a form of psy-ops, to isolate and intimidate and prepare the ground for a constructive dismissal.

So having alienated muslim voters, next in line are black and mixed ethnic voters, as well as many women.
His actions are partisan, as well as racist, asking different standards of people according to their party position.
We knew that after his "Zionist without qualification" declaration;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1795707315636649985/pu/vid/avc1/1280x716/OGsHV1NxWou8AOmr.mp4?tag=12

Michael Crick is reporting that "Hackney councillor & deputy mayor Anntoinette Bramble is the Starmerites' chosen candidate for Diane Abbott's seat."
They have until June 4 to make a final call.

Let's see if it is true!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 05:38:23 pm by albie »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #635 on May 29, 2024, 05:46:07 pm by SydneyRover »
C'mon Albie you're always shouting fire, fire, before the facts are out or misinterpreting something you haven't read properly, give it up man, you were wrong.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #636 on May 29, 2024, 05:51:58 pm by albie »
Even the Labour right can see what is going on, here is John Mcternan on Times Radio;
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1795517623548997632/vid/avc1/1280x720/42uy1kVyF2-Es1wF.mp4?tag=14

Wake up Syd, nobody is buying the spin from Starmer.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #637 on May 29, 2024, 05:53:44 pm by SydneyRover »
Even the Labour right can see what is going on, here is John Mcternan on Times Radio;
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1795517623548997632/vid/avc1/1280x720/42uy1kVyF2-Es1wF.mp4?tag=14

Can't open it where I am, Albie, how current is it?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #638 on May 29, 2024, 06:21:11 pm by scawsby steve »

Have you posted the Labour Party's policies yet?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #639 on May 29, 2024, 06:32:22 pm by SydneyRover »

Have you posted the Labour Party's policies yet?

Wakey, wakey, Steve, the tories have done a 20 page costing on them.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #640 on May 29, 2024, 07:44:15 pm by albie »
Diane Abbott confirms she cannot stand for Labour on Ch4 News, and says she will stand as an Independent.

Lloyd Russel Moyle not allowed to stand in Brighton Kemp town (sitting MP).
Other left candidates seem to be under threat from the Labour HQ.

It is all going to kick off!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #641 on May 29, 2024, 07:46:41 pm by albie »

Syd,

It is an mp4 file, so it will open in any country.
I just opened it in Oz using a VPN.

Stop talking nonsense.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #642 on May 29, 2024, 07:53:48 pm by Sprotyrover »

Syd,

Stop talking nonsense.
He’S talking gibberish not nonsense!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #643 on May 29, 2024, 07:54:45 pm by scawsby steve »
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #644 on May 29, 2024, 08:30:05 pm by SydneyRover »

Syd,

Stop talking nonsense.

How current is it you didn't say, was it before or after Starmer spoke on the subject today?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #645 on May 29, 2024, 08:30:57 pm by SydneyRover »

I'm not in Oz

Syd,

Stop talking nonsense.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #646 on May 30, 2024, 10:28:34 am by albie »
There is a big difference between being eligible to stand, and the liklihood of being selected.

Keith has restored the whip to DA, which means she can in theory be reselected.
The decision will be made by the NEC, controlled by Starmer.
His failure to confirm that she will be the candidate, despite the support of the local party, strongly suggests she is part of the factional purge of left leaning MP's underway.

Trade Unions have written to Starmer setting out their view:
https://labouroutlook.org/2024/05/29/six-unions-call-on-starmer-to-let-diane-run-as-labour-candidate/

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #647 on May 30, 2024, 10:59:04 am by Sprotyrover »
There is a big difference between being eligible to stand, and the liklihood of being selected.

His failure to confirm that she will be the candidate, despite the support of the local party, strongly suggests she is part of the factional purge of left leaning MP's underway.

https://labouroutlook.org/2024/05/29/six-unions-call-on-starmer-to-let-diane-run-as-labour-candidate/
I think he is getting his Ducks in line and why shouldn’t he, I was fully expecting a large Labour majority followed by a Civil War in the party as the ultra Left emerged from the Shadows to seize power, Keir Starmer must have been thinking the same thing, so he is making sure he has middle
Of the road MP’s who will support him.Joe Stalin did something similar in 1939 when he purged his Army Generals!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #648 on May 30, 2024, 11:11:55 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I think he is getting his Ducks in line and why shouldn’t he, I was fully expecting a large Labour majority followed by a Civil War in the party as the ultra Left emerged from the Shadows to seize power, Keir Starmer must have been thinking the same thing, so he is making sure he has middle
Of the road MP’s who will support him.Joe Stalin did something similar in 1939 when he purged his Army Generals!

Christ up above.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #649 on May 30, 2024, 11:57:57 am by Sprotyrover »

Christ up above.
Yeah looks like they are having their own class war doesn’t it?
Looks like we going to see ‘BST Fascists’ Labour Party!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #650 on May 30, 2024, 12:54:26 pm by SydneyRover »
Syd,

Still standing by your liar claim, I'm still standing by mine, you're an arsonist.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #651 on May 30, 2024, 03:51:48 pm by albie »
Syd,

When in hole, stop digging!

Keith repeated the false claim that the disciplinary process was continuing last Friday;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1795564796856635393/pu/vid/avc1/480x480/eS36GHZGSSKcwlGh.mp4?tag=12

It was not...it had concluded in December.
This untruth was repeated by shadow cabinet members, and has been Starmer's stock answer throughout 2024.

The train has left the station, and you are not on it!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #652 on May 30, 2024, 03:54:56 pm by SydneyRover »
Syd,

Keith repeated the false claim that the disciplinary process was continuing last Friday;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1795564796856635393/pu/vid/avc1/480x480/eS36GHZGSSKcwlGh.mp4?tag=12

This untruth was repeated by shadow cabinet members, and has been Starmer's stock answer throughout 2024.

What I'm asking is, has DA been banned from standing, yes or no?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #653 on May 30, 2024, 03:59:10 pm by albie »
See post 646 above.
She is eligible, now the whip is restored, but has not been selected.

As it stands, DA is not the candidate.
That could change as a result of the trade union warning letter to Starmer, but he has not approved her candidacy.

Sorry you are having such a hard time understanding!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #654 on May 30, 2024, 04:22:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Syd,

What I'm asking is, has DA been banned from standing, yes or no?

It's not a question of if she's been barred or not. Some t**t in the Labour office briefed the Times that she had, thereby scuppering what appeared to be an agreement for her to step down and get the fulsome praise she deserves as a historic figure in our Parliament.

That was disgustingly disrespectful and it has to be called out. And it's a reflection of a head office that is out of control.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #655 on May 30, 2024, 04:25:02 pm by SydneyRover »
I read that, but it's also about caution and not rushing and shouting wolf or fire at every turn until the truth is out.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #656 on May 30, 2024, 09:10:03 pm by SydneyRover »
What is also interesting is that although Diane Abbott has been given a hard time by some in the labour party and plenty on here she still understands what is best for the country and is right behind  labour at the election.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #657 on May 30, 2024, 09:26:06 pm by drfchound »
Given her devotion to her Party it is even more despicable that she has been poorly treated by them.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #658 on May 31, 2024, 12:56:00 pm by albie »
For what its worth, I suspect Keith might do another U-turn and allow DA to stand.

He will want to keep union support (and money), so after getting his "last written warning" letter from TU leaders, it might lead to a climbdown.
If he does that, he will then freeze her out once the GE is out of the way.

Having stood in her way for months, he can present his change of heart as evidence of listening mode, for short term propaganda.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #659 on May 31, 2024, 02:47:34 pm by SydneyRover »
For what its worth, I suspect Keith might do another U-turn and allow DA to stand.

He will want to keep union support (and money), so after getting his "last written warning" letter from TU leaders, it might lead to a climbdown.
If he does that, he will then freeze her out once the GE is out of the way.

Having stood in her way for months, he can present his change of heart as evidence of listening mode, for short term propaganda.

You can point out where Starmer said she can't stand Albie, if he'd interfered with the NEC you'd be crying about that too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012