Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 09:33:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour U Turns Part 164  (Read 32676 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Labour U Turns Part 164
« Reply #690 on June 15, 2024, 10:16:29 pm by Sprotyrover »
I guess all those making an issue of the imminent demise of fee paying schools will be lining up for their slice of humble pie?

''Number of private school pupils rises despite claims families priced out by Labour’s VAT plan''

https://www.theguardian.com/education/article/2024/jun/15/number-of-private-school-pupils-rises-despite-claims-families-priced-out-by-labours-vat-plan
Good Grief! What a load of lefty propaganda! So in January 2024 the numbers were up by 1500 on the Numbers in January 2023, so why does the article quote a figure of an increase of 20,000 since 2020 an unusual time when we were in lock down, were we involved in a general election in January? What is the relevance! There isn’t any?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #691 on June 16, 2024, 07:07:21 am by SydneyRover »
You need to show the figures and where you got them from sprot.

''An Institute for Fiscal Studies report published last year suggested that the number of pupils leaving the private sector to attend state schools in response to VAT on fees would be “small”. Michael Pyke, from the Campaign for State Education, said: “According to the IFS, since 2010, private school fees have increased by 50% in real terms but this has not led to any reduction in pupil numbers. And since 2010, the gap in funding between private and state schools has increased to more than 90%''

the lefty IFS spotty?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 07:16:54 am by SydneyRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #692 on June 16, 2024, 11:44:09 am by Sprotyrover »

''An Institute for Fiscal Studies report published last year suggested that the number of pupils leaving the private sector to attend state schools in response to VAT on fees would be “small”. Michael Pyke, from the Campaign for State Education, said: “According to the IFS, since 2010, private school fees have increased by 50% in real terms but this has not led to any reduction in pupil numbers. And since 2010, the gap in funding between private and state schools has increased to more than 90%''

the lefty IFS spotty?
I posted the reference to my figures you idiot, it was in the Guardian article you posted but clearly did not read! And show your source for the last load of the crap you have churned out but not evidenced?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 12:27:32 pm by Sprotyrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #693 on June 16, 2024, 06:31:25 pm by SydneyRover »

the lefty IFS spotty?
I posted the reference to my figures you idiot, it was in the Guardian article you posted but clearly did not read! And show your source for the last load of the crap you have churned out but not evidenced?

I guess the only thing missing was proof that a proposed VAT on private school fees is causing closure of fee paying school and a downturn in registrations.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #694 on June 16, 2024, 10:36:47 pm by Sprotyrover »

the lefty IFS spotty?

I guess the only thing missing was proof that a proposed VAT on private school fees is causing closure of fee paying school and a downturn in registrations.
Well we will have to wait and see won’t we , you posting irrelevant stuff isn’t helpful, best stick to rummaging through Skips!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012