Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 07:44:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Labour U Turns Part 164  (Read 35379 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Labour U Turns Part 164
« Reply #690 on June 15, 2024, 10:16:29 pm by Sprotyrover »
I guess all those making an issue of the imminent demise of fee paying schools will be lining up for their slice of humble pie?

''Number of private school pupils rises despite claims families priced out by Labour’s VAT plan''

https://www.theguardian.com/education/article/2024/jun/15/number-of-private-school-pupils-rises-despite-claims-families-priced-out-by-labours-vat-plan
Good Grief! What a load of lefty propaganda! So in January 2024 the numbers were up by 1500 on the Numbers in January 2023, so why does the article quote a figure of an increase of 20,000 since 2020 an unusual time when we were in lock down, were we involved in a general election in January? What is the relevance! There isn’t any?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #691 on June 16, 2024, 07:07:21 am by SydneyRover »
You need to show the figures and where you got them from sprot.

''An Institute for Fiscal Studies report published last year suggested that the number of pupils leaving the private sector to attend state schools in response to VAT on fees would be “small”. Michael Pyke, from the Campaign for State Education, said: “According to the IFS, since 2010, private school fees have increased by 50% in real terms but this has not led to any reduction in pupil numbers. And since 2010, the gap in funding between private and state schools has increased to more than 90%''

the lefty IFS spotty?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 07:16:54 am by SydneyRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #692 on June 16, 2024, 11:44:09 am by Sprotyrover »

''An Institute for Fiscal Studies report published last year suggested that the number of pupils leaving the private sector to attend state schools in response to VAT on fees would be “small”. Michael Pyke, from the Campaign for State Education, said: “According to the IFS, since 2010, private school fees have increased by 50% in real terms but this has not led to any reduction in pupil numbers. And since 2010, the gap in funding between private and state schools has increased to more than 90%''

the lefty IFS spotty?
I posted the reference to my figures you idiot, it was in the Guardian article you posted but clearly did not read! And show your source for the last load of the crap you have churned out but not evidenced?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 12:27:32 pm by Sprotyrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #693 on June 16, 2024, 06:31:25 pm by SydneyRover »

the lefty IFS spotty?
I posted the reference to my figures you idiot, it was in the Guardian article you posted but clearly did not read! And show your source for the last load of the crap you have churned out but not evidenced?

I guess the only thing missing was proof that a proposed VAT on private school fees is causing closure of fee paying school and a downturn in registrations.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #694 on June 16, 2024, 10:36:47 pm by Sprotyrover »

the lefty IFS spotty?

I guess the only thing missing was proof that a proposed VAT on private school fees is causing closure of fee paying school and a downturn in registrations.
Well we will have to wait and see won’t we , you posting irrelevant stuff isn’t helpful, best stick to rummaging through Skips!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #695 on June 27, 2024, 12:10:42 am by albie »
Keith comes out in favour of FPTP to ITV:
https://youtu.be/K4O4XmI6tIk?t=70

Bit of a swivel from what he liked to say previously;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1806003321473282055/pu/vid/avc1/1280x720/CScaVl6Nf7qc2_2z.mp4?tag=12

Trustworthy, that lad!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #696 on June 27, 2024, 12:22:07 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah cos that would be really sensible wouldn't it? Saying, a week out from an election,  "Yeah, we'll institute a massive constitutional upheaval that no more than a couple of three political obsessives in a thousand are even talking about."

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #697 on June 27, 2024, 12:27:31 am by albie »
No, the issue is keeping to the policy objective that you previously supported.

Instead, we have a chameleon who changes stripe according to his mood, and does not think telling the truth, or principles, matter at all.
No moral compass, that is the measure of the man.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #698 on June 27, 2024, 12:39:47 am by BillyStubbsTears »
And yet Albie, as I say, his Government will do more for the poor of this country than a thousand Corbyns will ever do.

Just remember that while you keep yourself warm in your consistent principles, ok?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #699 on June 27, 2024, 04:32:55 pm by Sprotyrover »
And yet Albie, as I say, his Government will do more for the poor of this country than a thousand Corbyns will ever do.

Just remember that while you keep yourself warm in your consistent principles, ok?
His Goverment will do more for the Poor Illegal Asylum seekers who will pour into this country!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 05:22:20 pm by Sprotyrover »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #700 on June 27, 2024, 05:51:43 pm by danumdon »
It seems some people are quite happy to forgo all the lessons and advice they may have been given in life and are quite prepared to do "whatever's required" to get where they want.

Others place a bigger price on trust and integrity. when you have lost trust and integrity then all relationships will be forever tainted.

To complete the 180° that he's managed, Starmer will forever be tainted as a man lacking in trust integrity and principle.

It will be interesting to see how far that takes him, it will tell us a great deal about the thoughts and ideals of a lot of people.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #701 on June 27, 2024, 08:06:51 pm by albie »
Now then, Blubbery Stubbery,

Keith was in charge in 2022.
Labour Party conference voted overwhelming in 2022 to back proportional representation.

"Conference resolves that:
Labour must make a commitment to introduce Proportional Representation for general elections in the next manifesto."

So what is the point of Labour Conference, and what does it mean for internal democracy that the leader can over-rule members intentions on a whim?

Authoritarian and despotic, which is the best description?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #702 on June 27, 2024, 10:48:16 pm by SydneyRover »

Labour Party conference voted overwhelming in 2022 to back proportional representation.

Labour must make a commitment to introduce Proportional Representation for general elections in the next manifesto."

So what is the point of Labour Conference, and what does it mean for internal democracy that the leader can over-rule members intentions on a whim?

I suggest you stick with corbyn Albie as you def' have a few migivings about Starmer.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #703 on June 27, 2024, 10:49:39 pm by drfchound »

I suggest you stick with corbyn Albie as you def' have a few migivings about Starmer.

Corbyn isn’t Party leader though is he Syd.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #704 on June 28, 2024, 03:19:33 pm by albie »
Trickle down it used to be a "piss take".

Not any more....it's had a makeover as "wealth creation";
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1806601771378262016/pu/vid/avc1/720x720/uC_nUWlUGJ6tLJa4.mp4?tag=12

But for who Keith, for who?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #705 on June 28, 2024, 05:07:13 pm by drfchound »
Can’t wait for Syd to defend that.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #706 on June 28, 2024, 05:16:51 pm by danumdon »
When you look at that in isolation its quite staggering the lengths this fella will go to.

It'll soon be getting to the point where he's completed a full 360 and is revving to get back to where he originally started (even more disastrous policy)

Quite disturbing for our economic future when the next leader is such a flopper.

Some on here think you have to prostitute yourself to get to where you want to be, let me tell you, Starmer is going to be an absolute car crash, he's not only going to ruin our economy but spook the markets so badly he will make the Truss debacle look like a little tiff at the women's institute over cup cakes.

Who knows WTF this fella will take us, but it wont be good that's for certain.

I actually believe he doesn't have clue what he's doing, this makes him far more dangerous than the Tories who knew exactly what they were doing!

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #707 on June 29, 2024, 09:17:12 am by ravenrover »
I notice the teachers in private schools are much more compassionate and supportive.

In general it's a much nicer environment to learn in.

This 'nicer environment' can you expand on this, RD?

How can I expand on this? The teachers don't bully you. They don't write you off. They look to bring out the best in you.
Nothing to do with the fact that their parents are paying your wages?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #708 on June 29, 2024, 12:16:00 pm by Sprotyrover »
When you look at that in isolation its quite staggering the lengths this fella will go to.

It'll soon be getting to the point where he's completed a full 360 and is revving to get back to where he originally started (even more disastrous policy)

Quite disturbing for our economic future when the next leader is such a flopper.

Some on here think you have to prostitute yourself to get to where you want to be, let me tell you, Starmer is going to be an absolute car crash, he's not only going to ruin our economy but spook the markets so badly he will make the Truss debacle look like a little tiff at the women's institute over cup cakes.

I actually believe he doesn't have clue what he's doing, this makes him far more dangerous than the Tories who knew exactly what they were doing!
Me and mine reckon the Estate Tart is waiting to usurp Starmer and set up ‘British’s Workers Paradise!’

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #709 on June 29, 2024, 12:22:03 pm by SydneyRover »

Me and mine reckon the Estate Tart is waiting to usurp Starmer and set up ‘British’s Workers Paradise!’

You should leave your own family out of off-topic snotty

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #710 on June 29, 2024, 12:50:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

And when you are 100% wrong about this, you'll move on to the next loads of total cack, won't you?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #711 on June 29, 2024, 02:28:20 pm by MachoMadness »
I notice the teachers in private schools are much more compassionate and supportive.

In general it's a much nicer environment to learn in.

This 'nicer environment' can you expand on this, RD?

How can I expand on this? The teachers don't bully you. They don't write you off. They look to bring out the best in you.
Nothing to do with the fact that their parents are paying your wages?
Not to mention much smaller classes, full of kids who generally have better home lives, who aren't living in poverty, who turn up to school well fed and able to focus.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #712 on June 29, 2024, 05:07:32 pm by ravenrover »

Not a very nice term for her Sproty no matter your political leaning, however should Starmer not win his seat she will be the next occupant of No10 if Labour win

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #713 on June 29, 2024, 05:56:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You are repulsive.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #714 on June 29, 2024, 06:26:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

You are repulsive.

Billy did you have a BIDEN moment by not adding your last post to the one earlier - did it rally take you 6 minutes to decide the said poster was repulsive

thatt's 2 posts you could have done in a single post AND DONE YOUR BIT FOR THE PLANET  with a single post

funny things is your Avatar is also REPULSIVE

I saw her at the Labour hustings in Bristol. By far the best candidate over all, tho she was going for deputy at that point. It was too soon for her to be leader. It still is. She came across honest and personable.

My concern about her was after seeing her deal with the Palestinian who'd lost his family in Gaza in the meeting recently. Lost all respect for her. Don't know what's happening there bar poison from Starmer.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #715 on June 29, 2024, 07:32:32 pm by Sprotyrover »

You are repulsive.
I have an even lower opinion  of you!

« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 07:35:28 pm by Sprotyrover »

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #716 on June 29, 2024, 08:20:54 pm by ravenrover »
As my lovely old Mother in Law, genuinly she was, used to say about people saying things like Sproty the nearest thing she said to swearing...... Guttersnipe
Out of interest are youmarried or in a relationship Sproty where was you partner born?. Mine was from the Council estate in Carcroft and you wouldn't call her that terminology to my face

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #717 on June 29, 2024, 08:29:44 pm by Sprotyrover »
As my lovely old Mother in Law, genuinly she was, used to say about people saying things like Sproty the nearest thing she said to swearing...... Guttersnipe
Out of interest are youmarried or in a relationship Sproty where was you partner born?. Mine was from the Council estate in Carcroft and you wouldn't call her that terminology to my face
Was she pregnant at 16?
Did she have to drop out school due to being pregnant?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 08:44:14 pm by Sprotyrover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #718 on June 29, 2024, 08:49:16 pm by SydneyRover »
''Defamation law and social media posts
It is well established that statements made by someone on social media (whether on X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, TikTok, Instagram etc.) are subject to the same libel laws as statements published elsewhere. A claimant must show that the words complained of have been published by the defendant and that they are defamatory of the claimant within the meaning of Section 1(1) of the Defamation Act 2013 (discussed below). The application by the courts of defamation law to social media posts has evolved, however, into a distinct branch of defamation law. Its distinctive features are explained below''

https://www.birketts.co.uk/legal-update/defamation-law-and-social-media/#:~:text=Defamation%20law%20and%20social%20media%20posts&text=are%20subject%20to%20the%20same,Act%202013%20(discussed%20below).

crowd funding is the obvious answer to this

Corbyn got an apology and a tidy sum for an objectionable post to twitter
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 08:54:52 pm by SydneyRover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #719 on June 29, 2024, 09:04:11 pm by drfchound »
''Defamation law and social media posts
It is well established that statements made by someone on social media (whether on X (formerly Twitter), Facebook, TikTok, Instagram etc.) are subject to the same libel laws as statements published elsewhere. A claimant must show that the words complained of have been published by the defendant and that they are defamatory of the claimant within the meaning of Section 1(1) of the Defamation Act 2013 (discussed below). The application by the courts of defamation law to social media posts has evolved, however, into a distinct branch of defamation law. Its distinctive features are explained below''

https://www.birketts.co.uk/legal-update/defamation-law-and-social-media/#:~:text=Defamation%20law%20and%20social%20media%20posts&text=are%20subject%20to%20the%20same,Act%202013%20(discussed%20below).

crowd funding is the obvious answer to this

Corbyn got an apology and a tidy sum for an objectionable post to twitter

Mmm, Farage might have a claim or two against people on here then.
ps: I haven’t voted for him by the way, before anyone piles in.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012