Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:58:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Starmer  (Read 10750 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Starmer
« Reply #180 on June 22, 2024, 03:44:02 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Thanks for the link, a good simple read. I hadn't clocked that Labour Together investment in Starmer had been done illegally.

So much is going to arise as vast amounts of public money, and policy twists cause fortunes to end up in the pockets of the mega rich over the next 5 years. The further cementing of the establishment will also happen.

Clearly the Israeli interference in UK politics, faux anti semitism, was a win win with it serving the Zionists, but more so being a very effective gas chamber eliminating the prominent left. Sick analogy perhaps, but then UK and Israeli Zionists have been shamelessly playing those exact same cards. I'm making a point.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on June 22, 2024, 05:20:01 pm by tyke1962 »
Matt Kennard on the disgrace that leads the Labour Party;
https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/1643306744565620768/vid/1080x1080/MWmb4aCduTkhYnyI.mp4?tag=16

Ask a straight question, but get no answer;
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1803468922202533888/pu/vid/avc1/1280x720/uQx6ipFrtmMXk7oF.mp4?tag=12
So that is a "no" then?

So ignore the bit when corbyn led labour to a second defeat, this one being the worst in how many decades??? and then Starmer was elected leader, you need to get some new friends Albie or stop believing everything they throw into your inbox or you'll be labelled as daft as they are.

And yet Keith will be elected with a thumping majority with less votes than Corbyn managed in the 2019 catastrophe .

You need to stop hiding behind the electoral system we have to endure and knock that chip off your shoulder .

Besides all that shouldn't you be supporting The Dems ?

but you said around 18months ago that you were voting labour, no?

So I ask again why aren't you supporting the Lib Dems ?

Reopening Brexit debate would bring ‘turmoil’, says Keir Starmer https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/22/brexit-keir-starmer-eu?CMP=share_btn_url

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 22, 2024, 07:07:43 pm by SydneyRover »
because I support labour and not chaos tyke

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on June 22, 2024, 08:14:17 pm by tyke1962 »

So let me get this right , you spend the last 8 years on here pointing out and in your opinion the damage caused by leaving the EU on almost a weekly basis but support a party that won't make any headway what so ever in to at least rejoining the single market when there is a party in this GE to support who will .

So presumably that must mean that a Labour government in your opinion can bring economic prosperity back to the UK despite it not rejoining at least the single market .

Life outside the EU isn't that big a deal then ?

You've made this more or less your top topic for the last 8 years and yet here you are with an opportunity to support a party that best meets your needs you instead support one that doesn't on the biggest issue you have .

I wouldn't be doing too much more belly aching about the 2016 referendum result post GE if I was you .

I really wanted Richard Wood to win player of the year but I voted for George Miller instead .

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 22, 2024, 09:01:02 pm by Not Now Kato »
albie,

Problem is, the other parties are not offering anything really credible. Aspirational, yes, credible. no. Labour appear to be offering a little more of the same with a few sweeteners and likely less corruption.  This latter certainly in the short term, hopefully longer.

The real solution would be proportional representation, but Labour won't promote that and the Tories appear to be standing on the brink of annihilation and won't be strong enough, even with support from the other parties, to make a serious push for it.

So we're sadly down to choosing the least worst option.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 22, 2024, 09:28:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ alive Tyke, it was 8 years ago.

You won remember? You and Farage and Johnson won.

When are you going to move on?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 22, 2024, 10:06:44 pm by drfchound »

So let me get this right , you spend the last 8 years on here pointing out and in your opinion the damage caused by leaving the EU on almost a weekly basis but support a party that won't make any headway what so ever in to at least rejoining the single market when there is a party in this GE to support who will .

So presumably that must mean that a Labour government in your opinion can bring economic prosperity back to the UK despite it not rejoining at least the single market .

You've made this more or less your top topic for the last 8 years and yet here you are with an opportunity to support a party that best meets your needs you instead support one that doesn't on the biggest issue you have .

I wouldn't be doing too much more belly aching about the 2016 referendum result post GE if I was you .

I really wanted Richard Wood to win player of the year but I voted for George Miller instead .

Really good post tyke.
Surely he has to accept that slap in the face.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on June 22, 2024, 10:18:59 pm by tyke1962 »

Difference is of course I knew leave had won at about 4 am on the 24th of June 2016 .

It's taken 8 years and a false prophet about to be elected as PM for reality to hit home with yourself .

As they say better late than never .

I'm beginning to wonder if you see the Labour Party as a cult rather than a political party Billy .

Is there anything you and Syd once believed in you wouldn't throw on a bonfire just to see a man with a red rosette standing outside 10 Downing Street on July 5th ? .

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 22, 2024, 10:23:06 pm by TonySoprano »
Does anyone really want that incompetent  plum  starmer being PM ? really ?

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on June 22, 2024, 10:32:26 pm by albie »
NNK,

Settling for the least worst option is a recipe for continued failure.

The best offer is from the Greens, but clearly their aim is to increase the number of seats they gain in target constituencies.
Playing the long game, they are looking at 2029, after Keith and Co do next to nothing...then Reform on the right, and the Greens on the left will pick up disillusioned voters.
The biggest cohort will probably be "none of the above", as turnout falls to new lows.

I would be hesitant about the prospect of less corruption.
The whole point of private capital buying into Labour is to oil the wheels for influence, which tips over very easily into brown envelope incentives.

There is already news that a Labour frontbencher has been taking money from oil and gas interests;
https://www.desmog.com/2024/06/21/labour-decarbonisation-minister-sarah-jones-received-sponsorship-gas-hydrogen-industry-lobbyists-beyond-2050/
Small beer in this case, but a hint of the direction things might take.

Oil and Gas interests have been very active in courting Labour to shape their energy policy.
I could write about this at length, but for the moment watch Great British Energy as a method of transferring public monies to private interests along a PFI style  model (off balance sheet).

This is before they even get the keys, what it is going to be like when they have something to sell will be an eyeopener.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on June 22, 2024, 11:42:15 pm by Sprotyrover »

You BST have been ramming or well ‘feebly ‘ failing to ram , the anti Brexit message ,down our throats for the last 8 years, well at least now Labour will possibly win the election and we won’t have to put up with you ‘harping’ on about how we the good folks of South Yorkshire have been badly done to as we ain’t been getting our handout from the EU which was some 15% of what we were paying in!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on June 23, 2024, 06:22:07 am by SydneyRover »

Are you voting labour or have you lied or done a u-turn tyke? labour are not a single issue party you change your mind on issues half way through your comments.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on June 23, 2024, 10:57:48 am by BillyStubbsTears »

You BST have been ramming or well ‘feebly ‘ failing to ram , the anti Brexit message ,down our throats for the last 8 years, well at least now Labour will possibly win the election and we won’t have to put up with you ‘harping’ on about how we the good folks of South Yorkshire have been badly done to as we ain’t been getting our handout from the EU which was some 15% of what we were paying in!

Everybody out of the room. I think he's going to explode.

Sproty.
Forgive me for throwing an inconvenient fact into your rant, but do you actually know WHY South Yorkshire was going to be given money from the EU? Because, under the Government that you support, we have dropped to being one of the poorest regions in Europe. And now that the UK is no longer paying money to the EU, your logic suggests the Westminster ought to get pouring money into SY to repair the damage.

I'll wait for you to give me a list of what it is doing for us.

But you did take back control. So that's nice.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 23, 2024, 12:27:43 pm by Sprotyrover »

Everybody out of the room. I think he's going to explode.

Sproty.
Forgive me for throwing an inconvenient fact into your rant, but do you actually know WHY South Yorkshire was going to be given money from the EU? Because, under the Government that you support, we have dropped to being one of the poorest regions in Europe. And now that the UK is no longer paying money to the EU, your logic suggests the Westminster ought to get pouring money into SY to repair the damage.

I'll wait for you to give me a list of what it is doing for us.

But you did take back control. So that's nice.
I will avidly be waiting for Labour to pour in the money Billy avidly!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 23, 2024, 03:51:23 pm by SydneyRover »
silly sprot the balance of payments is up shitters ditcg and the economy is trashed, are you expecting father xmas or an election?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 23, 2024, 09:46:33 pm by Sprotyrover »
silly sprot the balance of payments is up shitters ditcg and the economy is trashed, are you expecting father xmas or an election?
They Labour will be starting where they left off back in 2010 then?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on June 23, 2024, 09:48:44 pm by SydneyRover »

History has never been your strong point aye?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on June 23, 2024, 10:14:48 pm by Sprotyrover »

History has never been your strong point aye?
Sorry, there is no money left in the Piggybank ,good luck!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on June 25, 2024, 06:08:16 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Bit like Gove really

How on earth is Billy Buoy going to survive without Gove

Billy has had a fixation with Gove's arse and his gait over the years 3 times in the past   I have pulled him up on this site when he has criticised his walk     ... what's wrong with a fixation you might say

anyhow maybe he can put it behind him and move on.

"in the alternative " Gove moved out of the family home quite a while ago "opportunity knocks"

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on June 25, 2024, 06:11:49 pm by SydneyRover »
Bit like Gove really

Billy has had a fixation with Gove's arse and his gait over the years 3 times in the past   I have pulled him up on this site when he has criticised his walk     ... what's wrong with a fixation you might say

"in the alternative " Gove moved out of the family home quite a while ago "opportunity knocks"

Not to mention the fixation you and others have with bst aye?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on June 25, 2024, 06:30:25 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Bit like Gove really

Not to mention the fixation you and others have with bst aye?

i invented the phrase "compulsive interneter "years ago - at least you "fast" from the site for your own "personal ramadan" from time to time

but it is unhealthy

another idea I had years ago was not "gamblers  anonymous"   but "football anonymous"  as you can see some things are unhealthy if done to the extreme  have a nice day Sid

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on June 25, 2024, 08:34:02 pm by drfchound »
Starmer has a “work clothing” benefactor.

Name of donor: Lord Waheed Ali.
Address of donor:  Private.
Amount of donation or nature and value value if donation in kind: Work clothing.
Value £16,200.
Date received:  17th April 2024.
Date accepted: 17th April 2024.
Donor status:  Individual.
Registered 24th April 2024.         Updated 24th May 2024.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on June 26, 2024, 12:19:00 am by albie »
Thin end of the wedge, because Keith likes to dip his finger in the corporate sponsorship pool.

Tuften St influencers are now jumping ship to Labour, the better to secure the prospects of their clients under Keith and Nanny Plum;
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/labour-right-wing-think-tanks-shape-policy-influence-keir-starmer-rachel-reeves-policy-exchange/

At least neo liberal continuity will be maintained.
Too much at risk from a Labour Party not kept on a short leash!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on June 26, 2024, 10:26:38 am by SydneyRover »
Thin end of the wedge, because Keith likes to dip his finger in the corporate sponsorship pool.

Tuften St influencers are now jumping ship to Labour, the better to secure the prospects of their clients under Keith and Nanny Plum;
https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/dark-money-investigations/labour-right-wing-think-tanks-shape-policy-influence-keir-starmer-rachel-reeves-policy-exchange/

You'll have to remind me Albie, which party has won government without donations and further how would any party win government by being the first and only party to refuse donations, in your own time of course.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 26, 2024, 02:25:38 pm by drfchound »

You'll have to remind me Albie, which party has won government without donations and further how would any party win government by being the first and only party to refuse donations, in your own time of course.

Syd, what would Starmers work clothing be apart from suits, shirts and ties?
He must have bought a hell of a lot of them for £16200.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on June 27, 2024, 07:42:06 pm by albie »
Bloomberg reporting on the Starmer plan to re-boot PFI, to get in the capital investment that could have been raised from wealth taxation and/or public borrowing;
https://archive.ph/jUJBR

Revisit the neoliberal failures from the past rather than finance investment outside the profit cycle of the mega-capital.
It will all end in tears!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on June 27, 2024, 08:39:41 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

How about one where the central office and higher echelons weren't acting against their party before and during an election? And one that wasn't powered by a lobby from another country that had the aim of destroying the leader and many many others that were seen as against their self interests?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:43:04 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on June 27, 2024, 09:28:14 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
In a recent Ipsos survey, Starmer's net satisfaction rating amongst voters is -19% which would be the worst score for a leader of the opposition entering Downing Street ever. Sunak is on -55%. At the same time before the 2017 election, Corbyn was on -11%.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on June 27, 2024, 10:20:57 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Bloomberg reporting on the Starmer plan to re-boot PFI, to get in the capital investment that could have been raised from wealth taxation and/or public borrowing;
https://archive.ph/jUJBR

Revisit the neoliberal failures from the past rather than finance investment outside the profit cycle of the mega-capital.
It will all end in tears!

Working with the private sector not against? Seems pretty sensible to me if they can get the balance right. I don't think they ever did before with how it was set up but there were still a lot of positives.

Of course it comes with a cost and has to return more than a bank would to the investors.  Will be interesting to see how they do it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 27, 2024, 11:16:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
They clearly didn't get the balance right last time, but with that experience there's no excuse for getting it wrong again.

There should be no ideological block to involving the private sector in providing infrastructure. As long as the price is right.

The point is that private financial companies the world over are awash with funds that we need to tap into one way or another.

Ideologically, I'd prefer Government to issue bonds that were bought by that finance, then use those funds for the investment spending. That's how Govt borrowing works. But at the end of the day, it's the same source of funding.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012