Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 08:59:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Hunt says Britain should be the most prosperous country in the world  (Read 5962 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
....Over the coming decades as he blames chaos from Brexit and Covid for bogging down Tory reforms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12822995/Jeremy-Hunt-says-Britain-prosperous-country-world.html
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 05:23:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
....Over the coming decades as he blames chaos from Brexit and Covid for bogging down Tory reforms

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12822995/Jeremy-Hunt-says-Britain-prosperous-country-world.html

So COVID only hit the UK?

And Brexit wasn't chucked on us by the Tory Govt, trying to manage it's own civil war over Europe?

We'll, glad that's sorted. Let's give them another go. What do you reckon, Tyke?

tyke1962

• Forum Member

He's actually right , the country is very prosperous , for the 1% .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
It's just a more accurate spin on Wilts' version of the same link!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
So COVID DID only hit the UK then BB?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

He's actually right , the country is very prosperous , for the 1% .
I'm absolutely certain that I'm not in the 1% that you talk of, and I'm not doing so bad.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
So COVID DID only hit the UK then BB?
What are you talking about, silly b*llocks?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
You flagged up COVID as having stopped us from becoming the most prosperous country in the world. I assumed you knew what you wer...ah damn. My mistake.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
No I didn't! Neither did Jeremy Hunt as far as I understood it, but then, you twist and turn everything to condemn your opposition because your precious Labour party is f**king rubbish and there's nothing good to say about it in any way of promoting it directly.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
No I didn't! Neither did Jeremy Hunt as far as I understood it, but then, you twist and turn everything to condemn your opposition because your precious Labour party is f**king rubbish and there's nothing good to say about it in any way of promoting it directly.

Oooh! That struck a nerve.

Hunt implied, and you backed him up, that a reason we hadn't been moving on our path to become the most prosperous country in the world is that COVID stopped us.

So, following that logic, either COVID must have been uniquely damaging to the UK. Or other countries aren't that bothered about becoming more prosperous.

Or...oh aye, or perhaps Hunt is talking absolute b*llocks and you're doing that thing you do of just uncritically parroting anything that comes out of the Tory party?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
No he didn't. and I haven't backed him up either. I copied and pasted the EXACT wording of the article, to correct the (rather pathetic) spin that Wilts put on the article.

Hunt said: "Britain can become one of the most prosperous countries in the world as it taps into the growth potential of AI and leaves behind the chaos of Brexit and Covid."

Your one-sided, bent and twisted interpretation of it is just plain bullshit.
(as usual). 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Hunt says that we've had problems due to "chopping and changing" in Govt due to Brexit and COVID.

Brexit was a self-inflicted wound by the Tory party, because they couldn't find any other way to resolve their perma-war over Europe.

Oddly, few other countries ended up with Govt "chopping and changing" because of COVID. Me, I thought the "chopping and changing" was due to the Tories being led first by a congenital liar, who lied once too often and got booted out, then by a seriously mentally ill replacement who managed to crash the economy in 6 weeks.

But I'm sure everything's fine now, after Sunak had a cosy chat with the world's most prominent drug addict and race-baiter over AI.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
We have had problems due to "chopping and changing" in Govt due to Brexit and COVID!

After all, only the UK had the combination of COVID AND Brexit to contend with.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
We have had problems due to "chopping and changing" in Govt due to Brexit and COVID!

After all, only the UK had the combination of COVID AND Brexit to contend with.

And a congenital liar and a mad woman as PM.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Oh, and the chopping and changing was caused by a shite opposition party that had nothing to offer other than being a hindrance to the government because they were f**king clueless in their own right.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
.... And still are.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Oh, and the chopping and changing was caused by a shite opposition party that had nothing to offer other than being a hindrance to the government because they were f**king clueless in their own right.

BB.

The Tories and their supporters had a majority in Parliament all the way through the Brexit issue. The reason everything went into lockdown was that the far right of the party, the people who you have never once criticised, decided that they were going to block anything but the hardest Brexit.

The Tory party deposed Johnson when his lying got too obvious to ignore anymore.

The Tory party overwhelmingly voted in a mad woman to replace him...

...then booted her out 6 weeks later.

You DO know all these things, because despite your best efforts to prove the contrary, I know you're not stupid. What I don't ever understand is the fragile ego that stops you from admitting you know them.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Jees, I hope they use that as the tory election slogan 'it was brexit and covid that done us'

vote tory

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
BST, the opposition used COVID to oppose the government in any way it could. Just because they were outnumbered doesn't mean they weren't allowed an opinion. The trouble with their opinion was it was mainly based on hindsight while the government had to rely on foresight.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
BB.

The Govt had a majority of 80 throughout the COVID crisis

I assume you DO understand how Government works in this country?

Run it by me how the Opposition were responsible for the COVID problems. I'm fascinated to hear this one.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
BST, the opposition used COVID to oppose the government in any way it could. Just because they were outnumbered doesn't mean they weren't allowed an opinion. The trouble with their opinion was it was mainly based on hindsight while the government had to rely on foresight.

I just want to quote this comment so it can't 'disappear'

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Where did I say the opposition was responsible for the Covid problems? The fact that they offered mainly hindrance with the occasional wisdom of hindsight just didn't help the problem which is not an accusation of them being responsible.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
BB.

Go on. Talk me through how the Opposition hindered the Johnson Government's handling of COVID. I'm all ears.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Where did I say the opposition was responsible for the Covid problems? The fact that they offered mainly hindrance with the occasional wisdom of hindsight just didn't help the problem which is not an accusation of them being responsible.

you're putting Paul Daniels to shame

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

BB.

Go on. Talk me through how the Opposition hindered the Johnson Government's handling of COVID. I'm all ears.
BST, use your ears to ask someone to find you the Youtube channel, and type in Captain Hindsight Starmer and Covid.

Meanwhile, if you can answer just one of my questions put to you on this thread I'll be ever so grateful.

drfchound

• Forum Member

You will have someone having a go at you Syd for not commenting on the subject matter.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member

BB.

BST, use your ears to ask someone to find you the Youtube channel, and type in Captain Hindsight Starmer and Covid.

Meanwhile, if you can answer just one of my questions put to you on this thread I'll be ever so grateful.

Oh no! BB has refused the fence. Just when he was charging down the home strait.

There was me thinking you must have a dossier full of examples of the Opposition hindering Johnson's handling of COVID, and that I must be misunderstanding how our Parliament works when the Govt has nearly twice as many MPs as the official.Opposition.

Instead you send me off to search for someone else's opinion. Amazing how shy you get in these circumstances.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

You will have someone having a go at you Syd for not commenting on the subject matter.
I bet BST gets a right confidence boost when he sees Sydnaye's posts of support!

I know I do!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

I bet BST gets a right confidence boost when he sees Sydnaye's posts of support!

I know I do!

You're doing a great imitation of a flounder atm bb

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
There's some great debating techniques going on from the Tories here.
Waving thier little wrinkled maggots about an phishing.
Phil Neal and Graham Taylor style.
What a pair of Kitsons they were.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012