Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:19:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jeremy Hunt says Britain should be the most prosperous country in the world  (Read 5965 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
You knew the point I was making. It was a valid point. I've explained what furloughing means. I've conceded that the government had to change the title for the self-employed because you can't furlough yourself, I suppose.

but, well done! You managed to redirect the thread while not even providing an opinion about the subject!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
Filo and NNK. A member of my family claimed £27000 in furlough whilst self-employed. That's a fact.

BB is right on this. You're both wrong.

My post was in relation to all BB's posts on this thread.  However, in the instance you've just posted on, you're wrong as well as BB.

What your family member claimed was a Grant from the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme - nothing at all to do with Furlough!  The scheme also provided for the self employed to continue to work whilst they waited for the grant to be approved.

Just saying.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer i gave in post 76.

You do seem to struggle with reality BB.  For the record.... There were two schemes in operation during the pandemic....

1. The Job Retention Scheme which was the one normally referred to by the term 'furlough'. This was aimed at companies to enable them to, as its name suggests, retain employees on the payroll; with the Government paying a percentage of each employees salary to the employer. It was the responsibility of the employer to make up the remainder of each employee's wages and pay them accordingly.

2. The Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.  This came later and was aimed specifically, as its name suggests, at the self employed, to enable them to remain in business; and was in the form of a grant based on a percentage of the businesses past tax returns/profits with a fixed cap. This was never known as furlough and was managed completely separate of it.

Kato,
Every bit of what you have said above has been said before on this thread, some of it by me! I actually conceded that the correct title of the cash handed out to the self-employed may not officially have been called "furlough", but that doesn't by any means mean that the argument is lost. The point is, according to HMRC nearly 9% of the money handed out was fraudulently claimed or otherwise wrongly paid out in 2020.

That figure is not exclusive to the self-employed, but Filo's obsession with the word "furlough" made it seem like it was.

Filo chose a technicality involving one word as a distraction to divert the whole point of the argument, in the hope that people like you would follow that diversion.

You seem to be suffering from selective memory BB as it was yourself who brought up furlough….

By October/November 2020 many (not just a few headbangers) were sick to death of lockdowns and were going through the motions of safe distancing etc. Some people never even adhered to the first lockdown and worked through it; some even claimed furlough while still working.

People were becoming more non-conforming, putting the government under more pressure while deciding whether to put the country back into lockdown, which would have been an unpopular decision for many and possibly ignored enough to make a lockdown pointless.

.... And that was even without considering the lives versus livelihoods equation.

FILO simply, and correctly, put you straight on the matter; after which all you have done is obfuscate instead of admitting you were wrong.  The Tories have an expression for people like you…. Useful Idiots.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
OK, Explain what I said was wrong.

Start with my last post to keep it topical, and then perhaps start at the very beginning of the thread and tell me if you think BST's responses were actual responses to what I said.

Then perhaps you can tell me if YOUR responses were actual responses to what I said.

As for the Tory jibes, It's not the Tories I'm supporting here, I'm showing my objection, and often disgust at the likes of BST and his handful of followers.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
So. Did you report that crook you know BB?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
I can understand some people being suckered in to support Tory plans and promises, but defending what they've done by pretending they've been unlucky? A bit like the drunk driver blaming the brick wall for not getting out of the way.
No comprendo
Really? Watch out for those brick walls sneaking up on you.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Like I said earlier, Yeah, but they told me I was wrong because nobody self-employed received 'furlough' money.

Do you think they were right?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I can understand some people being suckered in to support Tory plans and promises, but defending what they've done by pretending they've been unlucky? A bit like the drunk driver blaming the brick wall for not getting out of the way.
No comprendo
No, you No comprendo!

I don't support Tory plans and promises, and would only vote Tory if Labour was the only alternative.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Like I said earlier, Yeah, but they told me I was wrong because nobody self-employed received 'furlough' money.

Do you think they were right?

So you didn't then. You're a weird one, not being able to admit the bleeding obvious.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
So what's the obvious, Oh great one?

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
Soggy biscuit and tea time in Bentley again.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Yeah but they're nowt like they the ones you have soaked in your leaders' (Billy Stubbs) Tears.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 02:51:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
No comprendo
No, you No comprendo!

I don't support Tory plans and promises, and would only vote Tory if Labour was the only alternative.

Ah, I was originally talking in general, not aiming at you

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
So what's the obvious, Oh great one?

It's really embarrassing to have to explain this to you, but most exchanges with you end up here eventually.

Your contact, you say, fiddled the system. So presumably there was a system to be fiddled.

In that case, you either reported him and that was registered by the authorities. Because if they said there wasn't a system to be fiddled, why the f**k did you raise the issue?

Or you didn't report him. In which case why not admit that you tacitly condoned his fiddling?

And of course I know the answer. Because you always fire off more b*llocks when the logic of you previous b*llocks pins you in a corner.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Considering it's nowt to do with you whether I reported it or not, I responded with the flippant answer that your question deserved.

Now, either stop boring the arse off me or toddle off, there's a good chap.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
I'm just trying to gauge your standards BB. Once again, you've lived updown to them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 05:34:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
My standards, as you well know, are very low.

Why do you think I give you the time of day?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
I think Bentley & Billy are having us all on and are in fact the same person. I’ve never seen them in a room together. Does make me wonder…

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
I think Bentley & Billy are having us all on and are in fact the same person. I’ve never seen them in a room together. Does make me wonder…
How dare you. I take great offence at that remark.

I am not remotely like BST (thank f**k).

tommy toes

• Forum Member
Can't be the same person as they'd take it in turns, one of them to have all the evidence based facts and reasoned argument, and the other just bluff and bluster.
BST always seems to have the former.
Not fair is it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
It can be quite confusing if you are reading johnson's answers form the inquiry and also bb's comments on here

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
One of them is an absolute tool.
The other is an ex PM.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Hey Billy! Look at the quality of the followers you attract!

Why don't you break away from this 4th division off-topic football forum and show your political greatness in the real world? What with the courage of Nelson Mandela, the heart of Mahatma Gandhi, the charity of Mother Theresa and the brains of Jeremy Corbyn Keir Starmer, you'll be PM before Donny Rovers return to the Championship.

tommy toes

• Forum Member

Why don't you break away from this 4th division off-topic football forum and show your political greatness in the real world? What with the courage of Nelson Mandela, the heart of Mahatma Gandhi, the charity of Mother Theresa and the brains of Jeremy Corbyn Keir Starmer, you'll be PM before Donny Rovers return to the Championship.

QED

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

QED
WALOB

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
''#10 culture led to better decisions'' serious question bb (snigger) are you writing the lines for him?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
''#10 culture led to better decisions'' serious question bb (snigger) are you writing the lines for him?
I suspect this is being treated a bit more seriously than a schoolboy incident, Sydnaye, but if Boris is given lines he can write them his bloody self. 

ravenrover

• VSC Member
Did I miss it yesterday was there any questioning about keeping the borders open?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Didn't read anything about that, must be on today RR, it's another huge point.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

Start with my last post to keep it topical, and then perhaps start at the very beginning of the thread and tell me if you think BST's responses were actual responses to what I said.

Then perhaps you can tell me if YOUR responses were actual responses to what I said.

As for the Tory jibes, It's not the Tories I'm supporting here, I'm showing my objection, and often disgust at the likes of BST and his handful of followers.

Maybe if you re-read this thread from the beginning you’d see where what you’ve said was wrong as it’s been pointed out to you clearly and with facts. Of course, if you fail to see that then you’re a lost cause and no one should take your posts seriously, (actually, I’m not sure many do anyway ).

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member

Maybe if you re-read this thread from the beginning you’d see where what you’ve said was wrong as it’s been pointed out to you clearly and with facts. Of course, if you fail to see that then you’re a lost cause and no one should take your posts seriously, (actually, I’m not sure many do anyway ).
YOU told me I was wrong. Now, I want you to tell me where I was wrong.

Start at the opening post, which as explained was a proper account of what Jeremy Hunt actually said and not the twisted version that Wilts Rover said. Then read BST's response.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012