Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 04:42:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game  (Read 9751 times)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Accrington Stanley game
« Reply #90 on December 09, 2023, 06:56:09 pm by GazLaz »
Thought we defended crosses very well today.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on December 09, 2023, 07:24:12 pm by ncRover »

Seems that Olowu has been improving from what I have watched / listened to.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 07:42:07 pm by ncRover »

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on December 09, 2023, 07:25:09 pm by ncRover »
https://www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/league-two/standings/#/UV5YQmcc/form/overall/15

This form table is for after the MK Dons game.

Only issue for me now is the balance in midfield and their ability to control a game with Westbrooke out.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on December 09, 2023, 07:43:58 pm by roversdude »
Don’t know who the knb head who was trying to have a go at people for sitting down and not getting behind the team, then proceeded to slag Jones off for not catching the ball and then ripped into Sterry for putting the ball out. Same numpty was asked to stop swearing and said something like women and kids shouldn’t be at football

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on December 09, 2023, 07:53:21 pm by Campsall rover »
That was a proper Tom Anderson game today. MoM for me.
Agree no question imo.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on December 09, 2023, 08:07:44 pm by Campsall rover »

Seems that Olowu has been improving from what I have watched / listened to.
Well he seriously worries me with the number of times he turns back to his own goal and plays the ball short or gives Louie Jones a ball he can’t control.
Personally he just needs to concentrate on what he should be doing and that is basic defending.
Tom Anderson showed the way today in that dept.
The conditions were not conducive to trying to play pretty football in front of your own penalty area.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on December 09, 2023, 08:11:45 pm by bpoolrover »
What surprised me today, there was a howling gale and the keepers didnt have a save to make! Back in the day you would shoot from miles out

Plumbster

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on December 09, 2023, 08:14:51 pm by Plumbster »
Just got home and still not dry- didn’t realise there would be no roof or concourse haha. Pleased with that point, there was a great block early in second half- Bailey I think?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on December 09, 2023, 08:19:46 pm by Pancho Regan »
That was a battling performance to earn a point in atrocious conditions.
We had several ‘mesters ’ on the pitch, which was absolutely essential and such a contrast to last season.

Take a bow Tom Anderson, Owen Bailey and Joe Ironside. They worked their socks off today and gave everything for the cause.

A well-deserved point. It would have been cruel to have lost that game and we nearly won it when we hit the bar, but to be fair that would have been harsh on Stanley.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2023, 08:28:03 pm by Pancho Regan »

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #100 on December 09, 2023, 09:23:10 pm by Draytonian III »
That was a battling performance to earn a point in atrocious conditions.
We had several ‘mesters ’ on the pitch, which was absolutely essential and such a contrast to last season.

Take a bow Tom Anderson, Owen Bailey and Joe Ironside. They worked their socks off today and gave everything for the cause.

A well-deserved point. It would have been cruel to have lost that game and we nearly won it when we hit the bar, but to be fair that would have been harsh on Stanley.

Well said that man , I thought exactly the same.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on December 09, 2023, 10:37:54 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Perhaps the decision to turn them around wasn't the best today. It was always going to get harder as the game went on with the wind howling at the away end more and more.

I also thought Accrington were dreadful too.

We battled well I thought and credit is due on that front in the conditions today. Jones will never get an easier game in conditions like today so fair play.

I won't miss going back there again in December

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on December 10, 2023, 12:01:44 am by ForsolongaRover »
Ppg over the season is now 1.2. An improvement on the first quarter season. But If it stays the same that’s 55 points come season end.

If you look at the progress since game 7 the trend is nearer 60 points by the end. If McC can increase the rate of improvement we could just threaten 7th. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on December 10, 2023, 02:18:35 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Ppg over the season is now 1.2. An improvement on the first quarter season. But If it stays the same that’s 55 points come season end.

If you look at the progress since game 7 the trend is nearer 60 points by the end. If McC can increase the rate of improvement we could just threaten 7th. 

We really aren't making the top 7.

To have any chance at all, we'd need 70 points.

To get 70 points from here we need:

P26 W13 D7 L6

We haven't looked remotely in that sort of form for any significant period. And even if we DID hit that form, that's likely to leave us 4-6 points shy of 7th place.

It MIGHT happen. But it is really, really unlikely. Once in 30 years for any specific team from this sort of position.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on December 10, 2023, 08:42:01 am by Campsall rover »

P26 W13 D7 L6

We haven't looked remotely in that sort of form for any significant period. And even if we DID hit that form,  :)that's likely to leave us 4-6 points shy of 7th place.

It MIGHT happen. But it is really, really unlikely. Once in 30 years for any specific team from this sort of position.
Bristol Rovers in 2021/22 did it. Not only did they do it they finished 3rd on last day.
Yes we won’t get top 3 not this season, the gap makes it almost impossible and is larger than the one Bristol Rovers had to bridge but 7th place is still doable.
Odds are against it but 7th place is very much up for grabs.

I am not sure if Barrow or Crewe will last the pace. We will have to see but I think one or both of them will have a much less profitable 2nd half of the season. Accrington, Morecambe and Crawley I expect to finish below 12th possibly all below 15th. Again we will see. I am possibly completely wrong but that’s the beauty of football. The unpredictability of it.   :)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 08:50:11 am by Campsall rover »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on December 10, 2023, 08:43:26 am by Chris Black come back »
Making top half and maybe making top 10 is a good season for us this year.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on December 10, 2023, 08:53:37 am by Campsall rover »
Top 10 will be progress CBcb and to be honest I won’t be desperately disappointed if we do not make the play offs.
All I am saying is we still need to have a go this season and if we fall short as we probably will then so be it.
Next season though I am hopeful that GM will be able to add the 3 players that will make us top 3 contenders.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on December 10, 2023, 09:13:30 am by Lesonthewest »

This. There's no way we will threaten top 7 with our defencive frailties & injuries to key players. Top 10 would be a good season, & continue to build in the summer.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on December 10, 2023, 09:29:13 am by adamtherover »

P26 W13 D7 L6

We haven't looked remotely in that sort of form for any significant period. And even if we DID hit that form, that's likely to leave us 4-6 points shy of 7th place.

we are 7 PTS off 7th place with 78 PTS to play for, I found it incredible that this hasn't happened in 30 years?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on December 10, 2023, 09:53:55 am by Campsall rover »

P26 W13 D7 L6

we are 7 PTS off 7th place with 78 PTS to play for, I found it incredible that this hasn't happened in 30 years?
It has Adam.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on December 10, 2023, 10:43:10 am by dickos1 »

P26 W13 D7 L6

You say we haven’t looked remotely like that form at any point this season.
But disregarding the first 7 games we’ve got 22 points from 13 games.
A small upturn in form from our last 13 games would see us comfortably reach 70 points

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on December 10, 2023, 12:11:49 pm by glosterred »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on December 10, 2023, 12:32:09 pm by graingrover »
There have been very positive changes  in DRFC fundamental management over the last five months and following what McCann and his entourage are saying and doing between match days I am confident.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on December 10, 2023, 01:26:47 pm by donnievic »
What surprised me today, there was a howling gale and the keepers didnt have a save to make! Back in the day you would shoot from miles out
that was my take aswell we never even had a go from anywhere 1st half although thought we would pass it around better 2nd half which we didn’t ether at most parts,2nd half thought we would be really tested with shots and crosses which apart from one early cross and only the free kick they had was any real shot of note for them,only other thing I didn’t understand was switching molyneux to the left after their left back/wing back was booked as Nixon was never gonna beat him with pace.all in all though definitely a hard well earned point even if it wasn’t the best of games

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on December 10, 2023, 01:28:23 pm by donnievic »
Perhaps the decision to turn them around wasn't the best today. It was always going to get harder as the game went on with the wind howling at the away end more and more.

We battled well I thought and credit is due on that front in the conditions today. Jones will never get an easier game in conditions like today so fair play.

I don’t think we did turn them around I think they picked ends

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on December 10, 2023, 01:50:31 pm by ForsolongaRover »

The local radio commentators said they usually start kicking the other way.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on December 10, 2023, 02:33:00 pm by donnievic »

The local radio commentators said they usually start kicking the other way.
yeah they probably do most week,but seeing a we had the kick in 1st half,I reckon they won the toss

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on December 10, 2023, 04:24:31 pm by roversdude »
Big Tom seemed surprised we were changing ends

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on December 10, 2023, 04:34:20 pm by Chris Black come back »
Either that or because we hadn’t conceded away from home.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012