Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 03:03:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Matthew Craig  (Read 8672 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Matthew Craig
« on January 09, 2024, 05:07:13 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Now confirmed on loan

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
Re: Matthew Craig
« Reply #1 on January 09, 2024, 05:15:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Welcome Matthew.

Full of nervous excitement. He deffo listened in his media training!

He's got a good pair of strapping thighs!!

If he's anywhere near as good as Ryan Mason who gave him his PL debut, then he'll be sound.  Much needed midfield option.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 09, 2024, 05:16:24 pm by Michael Shaw »
Posted my first Win in ages on PvO.  There's confidence.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 09, 2024, 05:18:12 pm by ncRover »
Hopefully Jordan Houghton 2.0

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 09, 2024, 05:18:19 pm by Filo »
Before anyone posts negative stuff, lets give the lad a chance eh?

Batleyred

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 09, 2024, 05:43:07 pm by Batleyred »
GM said he's similar to Herbie Kane. Big boots to fill

RugbyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 09, 2024, 05:58:01 pm by RugbyRover »
Nice to see that McCann has put his stamp on the recruitment process........."do you have a girlfriend?" indeed  :laugh:

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 09, 2024, 05:59:04 pm by Jonathan »
Hopefully he does really well over the coming months and hopefully we have a succession plan in place ready for when he goes back to Spurs at the end of the season.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 09, 2024, 06:38:53 pm by Upton Rover »
I do welcome him, and for the club and the lad I hope he does well. I’m not negative over this, however I would have welcomed an experienced player with bigger open arms, as I think that’s what we are crying out for.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 09, 2024, 06:46:12 pm by dickos1 »
We’ve plenty of experience in wood, biggins, Rowe, Ironside, Anderson, molyneux, etc etc

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 09, 2024, 06:49:13 pm by In the box »
We let him go …

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 09, 2024, 06:54:05 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I do welcome him, and for the club and the lad I hope he does well. I’m not negative over this, however I would have welcomed an experienced player with bigger open arms, as I think that’s what we are crying out for.

Why would bigger open arms be any use to a footballer, experienced or not?...

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 09, 2024, 07:03:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
He’s got all the right attributes to thrive - big lad, physical, wants to work hard. He’ll stand out in our midfield, as there’s nobody near his size! That’s 3 players signed and I, for one, know nothing about him. All 3 look ok, on paper, but we all need to judge after they’ve all played a few games. Fingers are crossed.

The last piece in our January window appears to be another forward player! Personally, I would have preferred a new No1 keeper, but GM knows best.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 09, 2024, 07:42:00 pm by Ian Nimmo »
This would appear to be a very good loan deal, so thanks to all who have made this happen. We are very lucky to have this young player who by all accounts is very close to the first team squad. So seems similar to the Jacob Ramsey situation. it’s clear we will be paying a fair amount of cash for this loan, thus a clear indication that Terry is funding this as per his statements made last night. Can’t help thinking that Ryan must also have been a key to making this happen, he has always commented how much he valued his time with us.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on January 09, 2024, 07:52:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We let him go …

He was on loan wasn't he? Plus, wasn't there an issue with an injury and he had to go back?

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on January 09, 2024, 07:57:00 pm by Scooter »
Nice to see that McCann has put his stamp on the recruitment process........."do you have a girlfriend?" indeed  :laugh:

That question is probably more important than you realise. It’s about perceived professionalism and maturity. The view would be that if he has a girlfriend he is less likely to go out on benders with his mates and potentially getting into trouble
Some clubs encourage players to form relationships and have families young to help them become ‘sensible’ and ‘mature’

Anyway - welcome Matt!

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 09, 2024, 08:00:26 pm by ncRover »
We let him go …

He was on loan wasn't he? Plus, wasn't there an issue with an injury and he had to go back?

Come on ITB, brush up on your knowledge

Yes he was on loan last time we were in league 2 from a top 6 London premier league club and was a defensive midfielder. And he was very good.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 09, 2024, 08:22:44 pm by roversdude »
On loan and his Mrs wanted to stay down south so don’t know how we let him go

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 09, 2024, 08:33:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
He’s got all the right attributes to thrive - big lad, physical, wants to work hard. He’ll stand out in our midfield, as there’s nobody near his size! That’s 3 players signed and I, for one, know nothing about him. All 3 look ok, on paper, but we all need to judge after they’ve all played a few games. Fingers are crossed.

The last piece in our January window appears to be another forward player! Personally, I would have preferred a new No1 keeper, but GM knows best.

Broadbent is a big lad. Just stands out jogging around though

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on January 09, 2024, 08:41:44 pm by normal rules »
Welcome lad. Good luck .

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 09, 2024, 10:08:12 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Midfielder is much needed, let's hope he's a good one.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 09, 2024, 10:26:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Oh yeah, that's right too. Well remembered. I also recall folk saying 'He's not the same player since he did his knee'

He got released by Chelsea and fair play to him. MK Dons took a chance on him. In the meantime, McCann that following season after Houghtons loan ended, we got to the play off semis with Herbie, Copps, Whiteman, Sheaf?? Rowe, operating in midfield. Deffo not a case of 'letting him go'.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 09, 2024, 11:11:52 pm by Jonathan »
If he’s anything like as good as Houghton then we ought to be delighted

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 09, 2024, 11:30:04 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

That question is probably more important than you realise. It’s about perceived professionalism and maturity. The view would be that if he has a girlfriend he is less likely to go out on benders with his mates and potentially getting into trouble
Some clubs encourage players to form relationships and have families young to help them become ‘sensible’ and ‘mature’

Anyway - welcome Matt!

Apparently they offered us Casanova   :evil:  but we decided he was too good on the balls and high risk

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/teams/under-21/players/dante-cassanova/

this one sounds like a "goodun"  he's an identical twin   both at Tottenham so we should have asked for a BOGOFF

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/july/craig-signs-new-contract/

"Craig was handed his Premier League debut on the final day of last season’s Premier League by Ryan Mason as he came on for the last 13 minutes of the club’s 4-1 win away at Elland Road.

https://www.tottenhamhotspurnews.com/youth/view-tottenham-push-to-future-continues-as-matthew-craig-commits-future-to-spurs/

"....   After coming onto the pitch, Craig won 100 per cent of his ground duels, made 11 touches, registered a successful passing accuracy of 83 per cent and made four tackles without being dribbled past once (SofaScore)."

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on January 09, 2024, 11:48:43 pm by drfchound »
Impressive, but they were only playing against Leeds.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 10, 2024, 01:20:20 am by Chris Black come back »

Oh yeah, that's right too. Well remembered. I also recall folk saying 'He's not the same player since he did his knee'

He got released by Chelsea and fair play to him. MK Dons took a chance on him. In the meantime, McCann that following season after Houghtons loan ended, we got to the play off semis with Herbie, Copps, Whiteman, Sheaf?? Rowe, operating in midfield. Deffo not a case of 'letting him go'.

Sheaf didn’t play for McCann. He was signed by Moore.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 10, 2024, 12:58:33 pm by Barmby Rover »
Good luck to the lad, I hope he is as good as Herbie Kane as GM seems to rate him, we need somebody like that in midfield.

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 10, 2024, 12:59:33 pm by In the box »
We let him go …

Didn’t he end up at Mk the following  season ? Phew !!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 10, 2024, 01:57:25 pm by idler »
We let him go …

Didn’t he end up at Mk the following  season ? Phew !!
It was discussed in depth at the time and it was common knowledge that he wouldn’t be signing for us whatever happened because his wife/partner didn’t want to move north. Or certainly not here.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 10, 2024, 03:37:09 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Sheaf didn’t play for McCann. He was signed by Moore.

Deal was agreed by McCann before he left tbf.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012