Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 09:24:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: EFL statement - Transfer fee restriction  (Read 8914 times)

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
Re: EFL statement - Transfer fee restriction
« Reply #90 on February 01, 2024, 09:42:17 pm by Spilsby Red »
Well said BFYP

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on February 01, 2024, 09:58:05 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Aye surely Brighton would have been on the phone chasing payment before it got to this stage. Can’t be a simple admin error. that would have come to light fairly quickly.

Bigger problems is why are we paying money for Miller. Guy was here on work experience! Could only have been a couple hundred a week we were paying

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on February 01, 2024, 10:00:56 pm by Canadian Rover »
Aye surely Brighton would have been on the phone chasing payment before it got to this stage. Can’t be a simple admin error. that would have come to light fairly quickly.

Bigger problems is why are we paying money for Miller. Guy was here on work experience! Could only have been a couple hundred a week we were paying

I believe the amount owed/outstanding to Brighton was low 5 figure sum.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on February 01, 2024, 10:03:26 pm by Spilsby Red »
£199.99?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on February 01, 2024, 10:06:08 pm by TonySoprano »

3 invoices that rovers didn't pay on time , all from Brighton.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on February 01, 2024, 10:09:51 pm by DonnyOsmond »
On its own it's not a massive deal, however add in current feeling towards the board based on league position and the previous shambles such as Grigg, O'Brien, winding up petitions, etc it builds fans dismay.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on February 01, 2024, 10:13:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I was thinking Richards as forgot about Todd Miller...easy done.

The full transcript of the tribunal is a difficult read, and a bit ambiguous, as it suggests it's a first offence. Also says the rule had changed re loan fees however, it's obviously not good. In perspective though, think about the amount of transfer dealings, including loans over the years, for one reason or another which has not been confirmed by the club, other than the report in the DFP, one has gone under the radar.

I hope the club puts out a full statement, although unsurprisingly, the Kangaroo court has already delivered it's verdict. Yet another public stoning in the offing?

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on February 01, 2024, 10:21:10 pm by Spilsby Red »
People haven’t made their verdict. They have questioned what has happened and given there view.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on February 01, 2024, 10:23:39 pm by Pancho Regan »
Well said BFYP

I disagree. I don’t think it was at all well said by BFYP, especially the comment that he has no confidence that the current regime can turn things around.

I find the criticisms of the club on this thread quite breathtaking. It’s as if you are all waiting for an opportunity to jump in and slag off the club.
None of you know the details behind this issue and yet you act like baying hounds who can’t wait to dive in and throw criticism and insults at the people running the club.

Call yourselves supporters?! Shame on you.

Every company I’ve worked for has at some time paid invoices later than the due dates, for all sorts of reasons. And I’m not talking about “tin pot” companies. Have any of you ever missed paying your credit card bills on time, or are you all f**king perfect?

Some of the posts on this thread sound like the tantrums of toddlers. We don’t know the background to this issue so wind your necks in for f**ks sake.

And if the late payments were for the services of Todd f**king Miller, good on the club! Brighton sent us a pup and they should pay us compensation!

To all those ranting about how shit our club is, I say get a grip and be careful what you wish for.

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on February 01, 2024, 10:27:29 pm by lee.j09 »
Well said BFYP

I disagree. I don’t think it was at all well said by BFYP, especially the comment that he has no confidence that the current regime can turn things around.

I find the criticisms of the club on this thread quite breathtaking. It’s as if you are all waiting for an opportunity to jump in and slag off the club.
None of you know the details behind this issue and yet you act like baying hounds who can’t wait to dive in and throw criticism and insults at the people running the club.

Every company I’ve worked for has at some time paid invoices later than the due dates, for all sorts of reasons. And I’m not talking about “tin pot” companies. Have any of you ever missed paying your credit card bills on time, or are you all f**king perfect?

Some of the posts on this thread sound like the tantrums of toddlers. We don’t know the background to this issue so wind your necks in for f**ks sake.

And if the late payments were for the services of Todd f**king Miller, good on the club! Brighton sent us a pup and they should pay us compensation!

To all those ranting about how shit our club is, I say get a grip and be careful what you wish for.

How many football clubs have been given the same sanctions then?

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on February 01, 2024, 10:29:55 pm by Spilsby Red »
PR wash your mouth out. Have always supported the board etc and have even criticised some fellow supporters.
However, you to do not know the facts. Are you right or the people questioning. Your comment is no better than people asking what’s happened and worrying about our club

So maybe, you’ve careful what you put

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on February 01, 2024, 10:34:29 pm by knockers »
Pancho,
Look where we are in the league.
We are going backwards year on year.
Look at a local rival in Scunthorpe and tell me that you don’t believe we are going the same way?
What makes you think that we are going to stay up?
I see absolutely nothing to suggest that we will get another win all season.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on February 01, 2024, 10:36:52 pm by Nudga »
Well said BFYP

Pancho, with respect its not just about the Brighton f**k up, although this f**k up could have scuppered GM January transfer plans?
For me it's about the alarming decline of our club.
I've been a supporter of the current board and even had heated discussions with Rovers fans that I've done work for about it.
But I am now at the end of my patience with them after we've been led up the garden path about competitive budgets etc.
I understand that it's not our money to spend and I am grateful for TB for propping up the club for so long.
Owning a football club is more of a rich man's play thing or hobby, it's not like any other business so it's obviously gojng to cost a bit to get to the next level.
We are very close to going out of the football league again, and it's not just because of injuries this season , it's a culmination of running it on thin air for years and here we are.
Be careful what you wish for?

I wish that we don't go down this season.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #103 on February 01, 2024, 10:37:20 pm by Pancho Regan »
PR wash your mouth out. Have always supported the board etc and have even criticised some fellow supporters.
However, you to do not know the facts. Are you right or the people questioning. Your comment is no better than people asking what’s happened and worrying about our club

So maybe, you’ve careful what you put

Sorry, I don’t understand what you’ve written.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on February 01, 2024, 10:41:55 pm by drfc1951 »
Swindon have the same 3 way sanctions imposed in Autumn 2023 for late payments ,plus  a fine.
Maybe more will come to light

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #105 on February 01, 2024, 10:42:53 pm by Pancho Regan »
Well said BFYP

Pancho, with respect its not just about the Brighton f**k up, although this f**k up could have scuppered GM January transfer plans?
For me it's about the alarming decline of our club.
I've been a supporter of the current board and even had heated discussions with Rovers fans that I've done work for about it.
But I am now at the end of my patience with them after we've been led up the garden path about competitive budgets etc.
I understand that it's not our money to spend and I am grateful for TB for propping up the club for so long.
Owning a football club is more of a rich man's play thing or hobby, it's not like any other business so it's obviously gojng to cost a bit to get to the next level.
We are very close to going out of the football league again, and it's not just because of injuries this season , it's a culmination of running it on thin air for years and here we are.
Be careful what you wish for?

I wish that we don't go down this season.

Nudga, I have respect for you as a fan so I’m not going to contradict you or engage in a debate with what you’ve posted.
I’m just livid with some of the negative shit posted on this thread so I’m probably better to bow out and go to bed.

Of course I’m not happy with the position we are in, and for the first time in 50 years of supporting Rovers I left the ground after 55 minutes of the match against Stockport because I couldn’t bear any more.

But I have confidence in those running the club and we will recover from this position.

No issue with you Nudga.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on February 01, 2024, 10:46:25 pm by Canadian Rover »
Pancho, what gives you the confidence on those running the club? (I don't mean the coaching management team btw)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on February 01, 2024, 11:00:40 pm by Pancho Regan »
Pancho, what gives you the confidence on those running the club? (I don't mean the coaching management team btw)

Because Terry Bramhall truly cares about the Club. So much so that he has recently taken what must have been a very difficult decision in removing his long-time colleague and business partner, David Blunt, from the position of Chairman of the Club in order to take over the reigns himself.

Terry has too much dignity and humanity to sack Blunt and slag him off, but clearly he was not happy with the way the Club was going and he acted decisively.

Terry has said that he looks back with pride at the time we were in the Championship and he wants those times to return. I believe him.

Gavin Baldwin is an excellent CEO and would be coveted by many other clubs much higher in the football pyramid. The work he has done behind the scenes to improve the financial stability of the Club and to safeguard its future is exemplary. He also cares passionately about the Rovers, I can assure you of that.

We have had an awful three years or so, and I’m hurting just as much as any other fan.
But Terry and Gavin feel the same pain and they are desperate to turn things around. Do you think it was easy to sack the previous Manager and bring in McCann? Was that the act of a Board who don’t care or who are incompetent?

It’s time to do what fans should do. Take a deep breath, roll up our sleeves and get behind the team and the Club in its hour of need.

That what I’m trying to do.
Others can deal with the current situation as they see fit.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on February 01, 2024, 11:15:05 pm by Pancho Regan »
Pancho,
Look where we are in the league.
We are going backwards year on year.
Look at a local rival in Scunthorpe and tell me that you don’t believe we are going the same way?
What makes you think that we are going to stay up?
I see absolutely nothing to suggest that we will get another win all season.

I think we will stay up because I have belief in our Manager to get enough out of this squad to keep us up.

We are not Scunthorpe and I can tell you that I don’t believe we are going the same way.

I’ll have a £50 bet with you that we will get another win this season.
Are you up for that?

Does that answer all your questions?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on February 01, 2024, 11:35:13 pm by bpoolrover »
The annoying thing over the past 3 seasons are of course the performances, but the way the club has talked rubbish, silent majority who has done a great deal for supporters has pretty much being duped by the club into saying how good the budgets are ect. To keep the fans on board

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #110 on February 01, 2024, 11:46:46 pm by silent majority »
The annoying thing over the past 3 seasons are of course the performances, but the way the club has talked rubbish, silent majority who has done a great deal for supporters has pretty much being duped by the club into saying how good the budgets are ect. To keep the fans on board

That's just not correct. I haven't been duped at all. I gave you the correct position every time, its just that some seem not to be paying that much attention. They take something I said several seasons ago and applied it to every season since.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on February 01, 2024, 11:47:04 pm by Move DRFC »
Well I've seen some tripe written on this message board before but I can't believe what I'm seeing right now. It seems like any excuse to stick the boot in will suffice.

We were well aware that this was in the offing and the circumstances that led to it. It was a simple mistake, brought about by a change in the EFL ruling in the summer, compounded by a FD who was having a difficult patch.

It's no biggy, the CEO and TB were unaware that this was happening and the EFL, because it was more of a technical issue than anything else, were as lenient as they could be given the way the ruling was written.

I just can't believe what I'm seeing on this forum, mountains and molehills spring to mind!!

Ok it's not a humongous thing, but if it's stopped us from spending money in Jan (not that we would anyway), isn't that, you know, quite a big deal?

Anyway it's just another example of the blokes at the top not doing their job very well. It's poor running of the club (again).

We are 3rd bottom in the 4th division... all orchestrated by those at the top. Why do you and the so called Shadow Board keep defending the circus? I don't think we as a fanbase are doing enough tbf. I watched 10 mins of the MTO and its just drivel, no testing questions and just happy go lucky answers from TB telling everyone what they want to hear. We in some deeeeep shit.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on February 01, 2024, 11:52:04 pm by silent majority »

Because Terry Bramhall truly cares about the Club. So much so that he has recently taken what must have been a very difficult decision in removing his long-time colleague and business partner, David Blunt, from the position of Chairman of the Club in order to take over the reigns himself.

Terry has too much dignity and humanity to sack Blunt and slag him off, but clearly he was not happy with the way the Club was going and he acted decisively.

Terry has said that he looks back with pride at the time we were in the Championship and he wants those times to return. I believe him.

Gavin Baldwin is an excellent CEO and would be coveted by many other clubs much higher in the football pyramid. The work he has done behind the scenes to improve the financial stability of the Club and to safeguard its future is exemplary. He also cares passionately about the Rovers, I can assure you of that.

We have had an awful three years or so, and I’m hurting just as much as any other fan.
But Terry and Gavin feel the same pain and they are desperate to turn things around. Do you think it was easy to sack the previous Manager and bring in McCann? Was that the act of a Board who don’t care or who are incompetent?

It’s time to do what fans should do. Take a deep breath, roll up our sleeves and get behind the team and the Club in its hour of need.

Well said Pancho.

It was a relatively small mistake, made because of a change in how loan payments were to be invoiced and not picked up by the FD, the same one who sent an incorrect payment to HMRC which everybody seems to be beating the club up about as well.

I feel sorry for Richard the FD, he was a decent bloke but the job seemed to become too much for him. He's moved on now, away from football too I understand.

I doubt very much if we will ever have anything similar happening whilst TB is Chair, if anything he'll pay everything in advance!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on February 02, 2024, 12:04:53 am by bpoolrover »
You have been duped sm as you came on tbis forum many times backing the boards claims that we had a top 6 or 8 budget when clearly it was no where near!

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on February 02, 2024, 12:47:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
The judgement refers to clubs prior to the beefing up of the regulations 'playing the game' in other words, leaving payments as late as possible. We know clubs have been sanctioned (and some appear not) including EPL clubs who still owe installments on transfers. Sheff Utd being one reported recently and others.

You can see all the listed EFL clubs in breach of various regulations over the last few seasons, including some repeat offenders.

A couple of things strike me on this one.

1. Why this one? (assuming Todd Miller) when all other loans (which theres plenty in recent seasons) and transfer fees appear to have  been paid without problem.

2. Note the fine £2000 is 5% of the fee involved, so you can work out how much this fee or installment was for a 1?2 seasons loan.

Were Rovers expecting to receive a corrected invoice with a zero knocked off?

Still, it needs explaining to fans properly as it's understandable why concern is growing.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on February 02, 2024, 06:15:37 am by GazLaz »

Well said Pancho.

It was a relatively small mistake, made because of a change in how loan payments were to be invoiced and not picked up by the FD, the same one who sent an incorrect payment to HMRC which everybody seems to be beating the club up about as well.

I feel sorry for Richard the FD, he was a decent bloke but the job seemed to become too much for him. He's moved on now, away from football too I understand.

I doubt very much if we will ever have anything similar happening whilst TB is Chair, if anything he'll pay everything in advance!

Let’s blame Richard for issues with payments.

Let’s blame Jones for bad positioning from free kicks.

Let’s blame Coppinger for a poor crop of signings.

Let’s blame whoever for the issue with Goldman’s loan.

Let’s blame Grant for producing a horrible football team.

Let’s blame the physio for so many injuries.

At what point do we start looking at the people at the top? Is it possible that the hierarchy (however well intentioned and capable) have just gone past their sell by date? It’s quite possible to run out of ideas and become stale, whatever industry you are in.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on February 02, 2024, 07:11:28 am by roversdude »
I’m gobsmacked how many on here were saying we shouldn’t be “buying” players in January, we’ve still done some decent business.
Also goes to show that loans aren’t as cheap as people think
Seems there are the usual suspects lining up to kick the club for anything they can.
Mistakes were made but has it really impacted on what business we would have done  - personally I don’t think so

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on February 02, 2024, 07:12:57 am by roversdude »
If I had something in my life that fcked me off as much as Rovers seem to some people I’d look at changing it

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on February 02, 2024, 07:47:55 am by ncRover »
What % of loans at this level have a fee attached?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on February 02, 2024, 07:53:02 am by DonnyOsmond »

As the money man, and as someone who once resigned because of JR spending TBs money without him having a say on it, do you not think Blunt has been running the club over the last few years based on TBs instructions? So even though we have a new Chairman it'll likely be a continuation of the previous regime?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012