Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 06:30:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Anderson - Time nearly up?  (Read 6219 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Tom Anderson - Time nearly up?
« Reply #30 on February 06, 2024, 08:50:44 am by DearneValleyRover »
I thank Tom for his service and wish him well for the future but he shouldn’t have been given a new contract. I’m all for loyalty but not sentimentality

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 06, 2024, 10:17:56 am by selby »
 NcRover, I have done that on numerous occasions this season when I have seen the names of quite a few defenders and midfielders  announced before games, and not just Anderson.
  I agree about his contract, but that is the fault of the management  and he is entitled to see it out if he so wishes, and in the mean time it is the clubs remit to get the best possible results of his time at the club, whether coaching , playing, or other duties.
  I think from memory he is still the club captain, and was the PFU representative at the club and could still be in those positions, so could be an important character around the place other than playing.
  Surely if he does not move on, and has injuries that effect his game to a point where he cannot play insurance and other duties even scouting coaching etc if he wants to go down that route would be ways of the club getting something back for the expense. and not letting the situation just drift.

McCammon egg n chips

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on February 06, 2024, 12:39:18 pm by McCammon egg n chips »
Whoever gave him the contract last season wants dropping down the pecking order as well. Criminal decision.

Nothing to worry about, I'm sure whoever gave him the contract is "no longer at the club". Nothing to see here.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on February 06, 2024, 01:27:14 pm by GazLaz »
Whoever gave him the contract last season wants dropping down the pecking order as well. Criminal decision.

Nothing to worry about, I'm sure whoever gave him the contract is "no longer at the club". Nothing to see here.

Like the committee that agree on signing players. They sign the ok ones and the last manager signs the bad ones.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on February 13, 2024, 11:45:00 pm by tommy toes »
Humble pie anyone?

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on February 14, 2024, 12:06:06 am by roversdude »
Can’t argue he had a good game against a one dimensional team problem is when it’s not lumped up. Well done though Tom

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on February 14, 2024, 12:07:53 am by bpoolrover »
Humble pie anyone?
it will be humble pie from me if he continues that form as he was excellent today, but he has been very inconsistent

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on February 14, 2024, 12:09:23 am by mushRTID »
If you were a Salford fan you would be asking why they just kept lumping it up to our CBs and didn’t try anything else.

Taking nothing away from Tom though he was unbelievable. But they did play to his strengths.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 14, 2024, 08:54:05 am by idler »
I was worried all game that the ref might give a penalty against Tom for holding or a shirt pull. The ref seemed reluctant to give us much for a lot of the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 14, 2024, 09:05:45 am by drfchound »
I was worried all game that the ref might give a penalty against Tom for holding or a shirt pull. The ref seemed reluctant to give us much for a lot of the game.

Exactly my train of thought too idler.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 14, 2024, 09:17:47 am by idler »
That was only my fourth away game this season and I’ve only seen us lose once. Ironically at Bradford in the Bristol Street Motors cup.
Hopefully I will keep the run going when we play City in March.
It will give me bragging rights in the gym.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 14, 2024, 09:24:26 am by drfchound »
Can you come to Grimsby.
If you can get to my house you can jump in my car and travel the rest of the way with us.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 14, 2024, 09:54:31 am by idler »
Can you come to Grimsby.
If you can get to my house you can jump in my car and travel the rest of the way with us.
Thanks for the offer hound. I would really enjoy that but unfortunately my wife has a few health issues so I tend to go to home games when possible and occasional away ones. Adding the hour travel time each way to Donny and back plus the travel to Grimsby and game time makes it a long time to be away. She doesn’t complain but I have done Forest Green, Sutton and Salford this year so don’t like to push it. Happy to meet up for a pre match pint if you come over to Bradford for the City game.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 14, 2024, 09:59:17 am by Colin C No.3 »

My brother who was at the game texted me the exact same thought at half time Idler.

I watched on ifollow & to all you hardy souls who went I’m sorry you weren’t rewarded with a win….but we came mighty close!

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 14, 2024, 01:17:33 pm by idler »
I don’t know if it really showed on iFollow but Tom and Smith were at it all the time at set pieces. It was funny but worrying at the same time. An enjoyable evening though despite the weather.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 14, 2024, 01:35:09 pm by drfchound »
I saw it all on iFollow idler, it was very clear to see it going on.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 14, 2024, 02:12:02 pm by Nudga »
Humble pie anyone?

After one decent game? He's been horrific for most of the season. He's going to have to be a consistent 7 or 8 every match until the end of the season for me.
Sentiment is one of the reasons we are where we are.
I'm hoping GM is going to be super ruthless in the summer.

Redroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on February 14, 2024, 02:47:43 pm by Redroy »
Humble pie anyone?

After one decent game? He's been horrific for most of the season. He's going to have to be a consistent 7 or 8 every match until the end of the season for me.
Sentiment is one of the reasons we are where we are.
I'm hoping GM is going to be super ruthless in the summer.

Yep - thanks Tom and well played last night. But not up to the required standard for a while now.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 14, 2024, 02:51:38 pm by Branton Rover »
Time up? Not on last nights showing he out muscled the biggest, meanest striker in the division. Tom was again a colossus, he rolled back the years and put in a vintage display.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 14, 2024, 03:04:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A fit Tom is a decent player at this standard. If he, or Wood, or both had been playing v Stockport then Madden wouldn't have had the freedom of the penalty area.

Plus, any centre half is going to feel more confident with a good keeper behind them.

As with a few, Tom will need to perform well for the remainder of the season to retain his place. That said, it may be necessary for McCann to jiggle his selections at CB, depending on how the opposition sets up.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on February 14, 2024, 04:05:09 pm by Goole Rover »
Time up? Not on last nights showing he out muscled the biggest, meanest striker in the division. Tom was again a colossus, he rolled back the years and put in a vintage display.
Great words BR.Tom has been great in his last two games. A lot of humble pie being swallowed at the moment.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on February 14, 2024, 04:13:38 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Great words BR.Tom has been great in his last two games. A lot of humble pie being swallowed at the moment.

Don’t hold your breath.

Plenty of protagonists on here.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 14, 2024, 04:34:10 pm by ncRover »
Last night was one of the very few times we’d get away with playing both Wood and Anderson.

If that Tranmere striker who easily outpaced Wood and hit the post had scored we’d be having a different discussion.

They were brilliant last night but I’d put Olowu back in for the weekend.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on February 14, 2024, 06:47:33 pm by Petche »
What's happened to McGrath?

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 14, 2024, 09:00:31 pm by Goole Rover »
Last night was one of the very few times we’d get away with playing both Wood and Anderson.

If that Tranmere striker who easily outpaced Wood and hit the post had scored we’d be having a different discussion.

They were brilliant last night but I’d put Olowu back in for the weekend.
Lack of pace have you forgotten 1966, if you’re too young ask the older guys. Wood is a good leader and knows the game as does Anderson. Tony Adams strolled around the park never broke into a sweat.

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 14, 2024, 09:06:10 pm by Dare to dream! »
I feel disconnected with Anderson after the whole Tranmere thing after the game.

Even after the Notts County game on Boxing Day where he was subbed at HT with Olowu - Olowu came out at FT to clap the fans with no site of Anderson.

He can go for me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on February 14, 2024, 09:24:17 pm by dickos1 »
I feel disconnected with Anderson after the whole Tranmere thing after the game.

Even after the Notts County game on Boxing Day where he was subbed at HT with Olowu - Olowu came out at FT to clap the fans with no site of Anderson.

He can go for me.

The Tranmere game, don’t be silly
If people are going to shout abuse at someone then they can’t cry about it if they get some back

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on February 14, 2024, 09:50:20 pm by Nudga »

He can go for me.

The Tranmere game, don’t be silly
If people are going to shout abuse at someone then they can’t cry about it if they get some back

Missed this, tranmere home or away? What happened?

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on February 14, 2024, 09:56:34 pm by graingrover »
I read that Grant explained to Tom that he had dropped down the pecking order BUT : if we renew neither Tom nor Woody in the summer then it is asking a lot of our Centre backs who are all youngsters  .

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 15, 2024, 07:56:55 am by ncRover »
I read that Grant explained to Tom that he had dropped down the pecking order BUT : if we renew neither Tom nor Woody in the summer then it is asking a lot of our Centre backs who are all youngsters  .

That’s where another more experienced centre half would be brought in.

Toms contract runs for another year but even if he stays he is very injury prone

TinyPortal © 2005-2012