Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 01:31:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rats/Ship  (Read 3422 times)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Rats/Ship
« Reply #30 on February 07, 2024, 11:04:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
You support the insupportable? Really? Why?

How is, for example, questioning where the promised £350 Million a week to the NHS is supporting the unsupportable BB?
To use that slogan as a form of a Tory slur is a way of supporting the Labour Party indirectly because the Labour Party itself is showing no signs of offering anything different.

Showing disapproval of the opposition is the only way of showing approval to them.

To simplify it for you it is like a Scunthorpe United fan saying they support Scunny because Donny Rovers are shite!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 07, 2024, 11:28:57 am by SydneyRover »
Gosh and I thought the ₤350m was an incentive to vote for brexit, who knew aye?

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 07, 2024, 11:36:43 am by Not Now Kato »
You support the insupportable? Really? Why?

How is, for example, questioning where the promised £350 Million a week to the NHS is supporting the unsupportable BB?
To use that slogan as a form of a Tory slur is a way of supporting the Labour Party indirectly because the Labour Party itself is showing no signs of offering anything different.

Showing disapproval of the opposition is the only way of showing approval to them.

To simplify it for you it is like a Scunthorpe United fan saying they support Scunny because Donny Rovers are shite!

It isn't a slur, it's a question of fact that that is what was promised but not delivered.  Just as the non delivery of the 40 promised hospitals is a question of fact.  I could go on. So why do you defend those, and other, failures? Surely it is easier to accept truth than to deny it, it's also not the stupid option!

As for saying your arguments are like a Scunthorpe United fan saying they support Scunny because Donny Rovers are shite simply beggars belief!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on February 07, 2024, 12:43:20 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Aren't the Tories claiming that MORE than £350m is now being put into the NHS every week?

Is it also true that the author of that slogan, Dominic Cummings, has now left the Tory Party, and the Tory Party's new PM is trying to make the best of the situation, just like the Labour Party with Keir Starmer will do later on this year?

Is it also true that you will condemn Labour opponents who call Starmer, who campaigned to stay in the EU and once pushed for a second Brexit referendum, then used his first speech of 2023 to promise to “embrace” the Brexiteer message pushed by ex-Prime Minister Boris Johnson, for being a turncoat?

Regarding the promised hospitals, who's to say that the project wouldn't have been much further along had it not been for Johnson being dealt a blow after blow series of disasters of horric proportions during his Premiership?

Your post has just reiterated the accuracy of the analogy of a Scunthorpe United fan saying they support Scunny because Donny Rovers are shite.

Thanks for that!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 12:47:00 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on February 07, 2024, 01:42:40 pm by Not Now Kato »
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but Aren't the Tories claiming that MORE than £350m is now being put into the NHS every week?

Is it also true that the author of that slogan, Dominic Cummings, has now left the Tory Party, and the Tory Party's new PM is trying to make the best of the situation, just like the Labour Party with Keir Starmer will do later on this year?

Is it also true that you will condemn Labour opponents who call Starmer, who campaigned to stay in the EU and once pushed for a second Brexit referendum, then used his first speech of 2023 to promise to “embrace” the Brexiteer message pushed by ex-Prime Minister Boris Johnson, for being a turncoat?

Regarding the promised hospitals, who's to say that the project wouldn't have been much further along had it not been for Johnson being dealt a blow after blow series of disasters of horric proportions during his Premiership?

Your post has just reiterated the accuracy of the analogy of a Scunthorpe United fan saying they support Scunny because Donny Rovers are shite.

Thanks for that!

Ah the old 'alternative facts' BB. Come on, you're better than that.  I suppose you'll have alternative facts for the misuse of the Fast Lane and the acquisition of PPE through it that wasn't fit for purpose too.

As for Starmer, I've already written to my MP, Rosie Winterton, criticising amongst other things his stance of Gaza and what Israel is doing there and on the West Bank.

And, if Labour do form the next government I will be openly critical of anything they do which is shown to be patently wrong by the facts.  Pity you can't do the same with the Tories.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on February 07, 2024, 01:44:11 pm by drfchound »
BST.

If you're not happy discussing with me, then don't! I've never asked you to in the first place.

I don't support the Tories, I defend them. I defend them from your biased, one-sided ramblings to level the playing field.

The way I feel now is I can't wait until your glorious Labour Party gains power. It'll be wonderful witnessing you digging a hole so deep you'll end up bumping into your mate Sydney.

BB.

And that gets to the core of your problem.

You defend them BECAUSE THEY AREN'T LABOUR.

You are totally disinterested in facts or evidence or nuanced argument. You defend them simply because you despise the other side, although you don't seem to know WHY you despise the other side.

Assessment of policy failings, political philosophy, personal probity etc never crosses your mind. People you don't like don't like the Tories, so you have to defend them.

It would be pitiful. Except that people like you have a vote.

Billy, I think that BB probably defends the abuse that some Labour supporters throw at the government because those people don’t like Tory’s.
He probably knows that those same people despise the government because they are not Labour.
I really do hope that the inevitable Labour GE win that is being increasingly predicted by people on here (including me) happens because I am wanting to see if they make a better job of things.
If they don’t though then I doubt that they will receive the same level of abuse that is currently thrown at the current government.
There might be some light criticism but that will be with some level of excuses offered too.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on February 07, 2024, 01:57:52 pm by Not Now Kato »
 Hey BB, Sunak just joked in parliament about Starmer not knowing what a woman is with Brianna Ghey's mother in the gallery.  Come on, where's your alternative facts on this one?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-trans-joke-brianna-ghey-mum-b2492095.html

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on February 07, 2024, 02:49:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Here goes that Scunny fan again! Not like you to forward yet another Tory 'scandal' in support of your glorious Labour Party, is it NNK?

Yes, that was a mistake by Sunak, although you failed to mention that Sunak did address Mrs Ghey admirably and compassionately afterwards. But, not only was it a careless thing to say in Mrs Ghey's presence, but it was also poor tactically because it also gave Starmer a great opportunity to escape from answering allegations that he'd broken every single promise he was elected on.

Phew!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on February 07, 2024, 02:50:50 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST.

If you're not happy discussing with me, then don't! I've never asked you to in the first place.

I don't support the Tories, I defend them. I defend them from your biased, one-sided ramblings to level the playing field.

The way I feel now is I can't wait until your glorious Labour Party gains power. It'll be wonderful witnessing you digging a hole so deep you'll end up bumping into your mate Sydney.

BB.

You are totally disinterested in facts or evidence or nuanced argument. You defend them simply because you despise the other side, although you don't seem to know WHY you despise the other side.

Assessment of policy failings, political philosophy, personal probity etc never crosses your mind. People you don't like don't like the Tories, so you have to defend them.

Billy, I think that BB probably defends the abuse that some Labour supporters throw at the government because those people don’t like Tory’s.
He probably knows that those same people despise the government because they are not Labour.
I really do hope that the inevitable Labour GE win that is being increasingly predicted by people on here (including me) happens because I am wanting to see if they make a better job of things.
If they don’t though then I doubt that they will receive the same level of abuse that is currently thrown at the current government.
There might be some light criticism but that will be with some level of excuses offered too.

Absof**kinglutely, Hound.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on February 07, 2024, 03:24:40 pm by danumdon »
Hey BB, Sunak just joked in parliament about Starmer not knowing what a woman is with Brianna Ghey's mother in the gallery.  Come on, where's your alternative facts on this one?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/rishi-sunak-trans-joke-brianna-ghey-mum-b2492095.html

The labour in house magazine is now reporting that Brianna Ghey's mother was not actually in the gallery when the statement was made, she apparently arrived late and did not hear the exchange first hand.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on February 07, 2024, 03:53:19 pm by Not Now Kato »

The labour in house magazine is now reporting that Brianna Ghey's mother was not actually in the gallery when the statement was made, she apparently arrived late and did not hear the exchange first hand.

That matters not. It was almost certainly written prior to PMQ's and not something spontaneous as it was part of Sunak's whole 'have a go at Starmer' set. If she were not in the gallery at the time is fortunate, though due to the publicity she would have quickly become aware of it and anyway, she was certainly there when the request for an apology, (which he didn't give), was made.

Irrespective, it was totally disgusting given the short time after the trauma the mother suffered during the trial and sentencing!

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on February 07, 2024, 03:58:39 pm by danumdon »

That matters not. It was almost certainly written prior to PMQ's and not something spontaneous as it was part of Sunak's whole 'have a go at Starmer' set. If she were not in the gallery at the time is fortunate, though due to the publicity she would have quickly become aware of it and anyway, she was certainly there when the request for an apology, (which he didn't give), was made.

Irrespective, it was totally disgusting given the short time after the trauma the mother suffered during the trial and sentencing!

So if quoting something that's not true "matters not" to give credence to your sensational soundbite then your whole point is tainted.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on February 07, 2024, 04:34:57 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BST.

BB.

And that sums up the problem with the pair of you.

You dislike Labour because they are Labour.

So you instinctively assume that those of us who dislike the Tories dislike them because they are Tories.

Whereas in fact, we dislike the Tories because of their policies and the effect they have on society.

Effects like these, which I have a major personal stake in.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkoNIRBWYAAw1uu.jpg

I'll say again, every serious criticism I have of the Tories is backed up with evidence. And vice versa. I'm happy to give a thumbs up when they implement positive policies.

For example, the pension triple lock has gone some way to raising the baseline that the poorest pensioners get. They deserve credit for that.

For example, the furlough scheme(*) and the vaccine rollout.

For example, after the disastrous economic management of Lawson and Lamont, Ken Clarke ran absolutely textbook economic policies to bring us out of the early 90s recession and Black Wednesday mess. He deserves far more credit for that than he has received.

The problem that you and Hound have is that you are tribal. And being tribal, you assume everyone else has the same standards as your own. Which is why so many of these discussions get dragged away from substantive debate and into shit slinging.

Try not doing it. Just once. Try to engage on facts and evidence and assume the people you are talking to are fair and honest.

(*)It's indicative of your approach BB that when I praised the furlough scheme, you actually said I was doing it so that I could give an example of praising the Tories to give more credence to my criticisms, like it's part of some sinister gaslighting strategy.

You actually said that.

And you complain about the standard of political debate. f**k me sideways.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2024, 04:42:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on February 07, 2024, 04:46:31 pm by Not Now Kato »

So if quoting something that's not true "matters not" to give credence to your sensational soundbite then your whole point is tainted.

I don't understand the point you're making DD.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on February 07, 2024, 06:02:12 pm by ravenrover »
I think it's the sound of horses galloping and bugles blaring NNK

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on February 07, 2024, 08:20:18 pm by Iberian Red »
The idea a certain poster has of bringing counter balance to the arguement of you "loony lefties" is hilarious.
It's failed as badly as the Tories levelling up policy and just makes both look like fools.
I await being savaged by the blue rinse brigade.
I always thought that referred to old dears,but this off topic proves it's bitter old blokes too.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on February 07, 2024, 08:38:25 pm by drfchound »

Starmer definitely said that the mother was in the chamber.
So he either doesn’t know who is in the chamber or he has lied to get a brownie point.
I am beginning to wonder whether I should vote for him or not.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on February 07, 2024, 08:42:47 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST.

BB.

So you instinctively assume that those of us who dislike the Tories dislike them because they are Tories.

Whereas in fact, we dislike the Tories because of their policies and the effect they have on society.

I'll say again, every serious criticism I have of the Tories is backed up with evidence. And vice versa. I'm happy to give a thumbs up when they implement positive policies.

For example, the pension triple lock has gone some way to raising the baseline that the poorest pensioners get. They deserve credit for that.

For example, after the disastrous economic management of Lawson and Lamont, Ken Clarke ran absolutely textbook economic policies to bring us out of the early 90s recession and Black Wednesday mess. He deserves far more credit for that than he has received.

The problem that you and Hound have is that you are tribal. And being tribal, you assume everyone else has the same standards as your own. Which is why so many of these discussions get dragged away from substantive debate and into shit slinging.

Try not doing it. Just once. Try to engage on facts and evidence and assume the people you are talking to are fair and honest.

(*)It's indicative of your approach BB that when I praised the furlough scheme, you actually said I was doing it so that I could give an example of praising the Tories to give more credence to my criticisms, like it's part of some sinister gaslighting strategy.

You actually said that.

Where do you start......
Never mind me, many (maybe most?) Labour supporters on this forum dislike The Labour Party as it is now under Starmer. They are the honest ones. They are the ones who probably voted for Corbyn and now show disdain for his replacement - The bloke who stabbed him in the back.

You would have voted for Corbyn, the bloke who you have since described as being mind-numbingly thick, just because he's Labour, but now YOU ALSO have stabbed Corbyn in the back, and now show your utmost support for his backstabber, Starmer, just because he's Labour.

THAT is YOUR standard of politics.

Oh, and thanks for the offer, but go and f**k yourself.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on February 07, 2024, 08:59:14 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Thinking about the situation here, perhaps I should have taken the moderator's advice and just ignored you. It's just that I don't like anyone ruling the roost unchallenged, which seems to be what you and your little band of lefties want.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on February 07, 2024, 09:07:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Thinking about the situation here, perhaps I should have taken the moderator's advice and just ignored you. It's just that I don't like anyone ruling the roost unchallenged, which seems to be what you and your little band of lefties want.

Then have a constructive debate instead of continually acting like a t**t and you might, just might, succeed.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on February 07, 2024, 09:24:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Ha ha, here comes Mr Wigerly, right on time! What was that claim about Hound and me being tribal Billy boy?

"OOh, the playground bully is fighting, I'm right behind you my master and protector... Can I have a kick?"....

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on February 07, 2024, 09:25:31 pm by Iberian Red »
BST.

BB.

You actually said that.

Where do you start......
Never mind me, many (maybe most?) Labour supporters on this forum dislike The Labour Party as it is now under Starmer. They are the honest ones. They are the ones who probably voted for Corbyn and now show disdain for his replacement - The bloke who stabbed him in the back.

You would have voted for Corbyn, the bloke who you have since described as being mind-numbingly thick, just because he's Labour, but now YOU ALSO have stabbed Corbyn in the back, and now show your utmost support for his backstabber, Starmer, just because he's Labour.

Ha ha ha.
It's evident somebody twagged debating class at St Peters . :whistle:

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on February 07, 2024, 09:26:44 pm by Iberian Red »
Ha ha, here comes Mr Wigerly, right on time! What was that claim about Hound and me being tribal Billy boy?

"OOh, the playground bully is fighting, I'm right behind you my master and protector... Can I have a kick?"....

See my previous post.
Don't forget to rinse that hair tonight boys

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on February 07, 2024, 09:31:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST.

BB.

You actually said that.

Where do you start......

Ha ha ha.
I bet you spent plenty of time in there mass debating eh, Spanish Troll.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on February 07, 2024, 09:36:01 pm by drfchound »
Ha ha, he does have a peculiar fixation on weird stuff doesn’t he BB.
STILL trolling us too.
Oh, and defending his hero.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on February 07, 2024, 09:44:42 pm by Iberian Red »
BST.

BB.

You actually said that.

Where do you start......

Ha ha ha.

Oh dear.

When you have nothing left to offer and you tank is empty you resort to calling posters trolls.
Pathetic.
You have no arguments apart from waffle.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on February 07, 2024, 09:48:01 pm by Iberian Red »
STILL trolling us too.

Who am I defending? Don't talk boll#x, try to change the habit of a lifetime.
You defend the other blue rinse to a ridiculous extent. Your tongue is so far up there it's tickling his tonsils.
Try debating politics and not sniping and chucking grenades. Or,act your age.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on February 07, 2024, 09:49:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Right on time? You mean one of the now less frequent times I'm actually feeling well enough to come and look at the forum?

Mind you, you're always your obnoxious self so I suppose any time is right on time.

Take the words of the only person you respect and act on them.

go and f**k yourself.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on February 07, 2024, 09:51:06 pm by Iberian Red »
BST.

BB.

You actually said that.

Where do you start......

Ha ha ha.

Also be careful with silly accusations or you'll have the other fool on here accusing you of homophobic comments

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on February 07, 2024, 09:54:11 pm by drfchound »
STILL trolling us too.

Who am I defending? Don't talk boll#x, try to change the habit of a lifetime.
You defend the other blue rinse to a ridiculous extent. Your tongue is so far up there it's tickling his tonsils.
Try debating politics and not sniping and chucking grenades. Or,act your age.

Debating politics, ha ha, like you do (not).
Your posts are usually to offer abuse to posters not on your team.
Your hero has gone on record as not being a fan of the countries pensioners and you are even copying him on that now as several of your recent posts indicate.
And you have the temerity to talk about brown nosing.
Do us all a favour and take another three year sabbatical.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012