Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 07:46:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Grimsby away tickets  (Read 3862 times)

colincramb

• Forum Member
Grimsby away tickets
« on February 12, 2024, 11:17:32 am by colincramb »
Logged on the website to see if there were any tickets remaining to purchase and it states ‘last few tickets’ - however when you click on I can’t appear to find any available tickets?

If it’s sold out do you know if we can/are requesting more?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

pib

• Forum Member
Re: Grimsby away tickets
« Reply #1 on February 12, 2024, 11:21:01 am by pib »
If you click on "select from area list" there are over 100 left in Block 6.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on February 12, 2024, 11:59:39 am by Donnywolf »
Might be a good place to mention the Train disruption if people don't know . There is a Rail Replacement Coach in operation starting I think at Thorne South and ending at Scunny

Worth looking it up

Also there may be Speed Cameras (Mobile) on the M180 plus on the approaches to Grimsby. Drivers should note the changes in Speed around the Roundabouts because they all drop to 30 then between them the speed can be 40 or 50 with seemingly no logic

It's easy to fall foul or the Speed Cameras , I did and it was there for me to see and I was doing 36 in a 30.

I thought the Camera was looking back into Clee but whilst it was it was doing both Dual Carriageways ( nicked )

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on February 12, 2024, 01:07:04 pm by drfchound »
Logged on the website to see if there were any tickets remaining to purchase and it states ‘last few tickets’ - however when you click on I can’t appear to find any available tickets?

If it’s sold out do you know if we can/are requesting more?

I phoned the ticket office about an hour ago and got two.
They said they hadn’t got many left.

andy didcott

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 12, 2024, 02:09:45 pm by andy didcott »
78 left.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on February 12, 2024, 02:38:55 pm by Filo »
Last time I went Grimsby I parked in some dodgy looking side street, has anyone parked in the car park where Wonderland and the Indoor Market used to be and waked along the beach front?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 12, 2024, 03:15:12 pm by adamtherover »
Last time I went Grimsby I parked in some dodgy looking side street, has anyone parked in the car park where Wonderland and the Indoor Market used to be and waked along the beach front?
just park app is offering adsa car park for about £3.50

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on February 12, 2024, 03:25:15 pm by 5minstogo »

I've done both. Side streets are ropey with loads of scallys waiting for any trouble. Last time we walked from Cleethorpes the police walked us back where the other way. Equally shite as I recall. Gonna give this time a miss. It really is a hell hole

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 12, 2024, 04:27:10 pm by NickDRFC »

45 minute walk away though…

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on February 12, 2024, 05:03:45 pm by adamtherover »

is it? Doesn't look that far on the map? Cheers

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 12, 2024, 05:27:46 pm by NickDRFC »

is it? Doesn't look that far on the map? Cheers

Just had another look and there are 2 Asdas - the recommended one is 45 mins, but there’s one a bit closer which is a 35 minute walk.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 12, 2024, 05:32:36 pm by drfchound »

We were thinking of going a bit early and parking on the sea front area, getting fish and chips and walking to the ground.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on February 12, 2024, 05:58:09 pm by Donnywolf »

Don't forget there are stacks of Buses for instance 3,9,10 plus I'm sure lots of others going from nearby to BP timed at 20 minutes.

Coming back might be a bit of a slower trip but I could walk it in under 45 mins even at BB's age

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 12, 2024, 06:01:30 pm by Donnywolf »

We were thinking of going a bit early and parking on the sea front area, getting fish and chips and walking to the ground.

Beckett's is supposed to be A1 but they only have Haddock . Stand with back to pier and walk 300 ish yards ignoring all others passing over main road and towards Market Square and its on the left not long after passing over the main road

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 12, 2024, 06:04:00 pm by Donnywolf »
Pier 39 also good for Take away or Sit in but more expensive than Ernie Becketts

https://www.erniebecketts.co.uk/

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 12, 2024, 06:29:11 pm by silent majority »

There's a path along the seafront which also has a footbridge over the railway as you get close to the ground. You could try that.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on February 12, 2024, 06:48:24 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Might be a good place to mention the Train disruption if people don't know . There is a Rail Replacement Coach in operation starting I think at Thorne South and ending at Scunny

Worth looking it up

Also there may be Speed Cameras (Mobile) on the M180 plus on the approaches to Grimsby. Drivers should note the changes in Speed around the Roundabouts because they all drop to 30 then between them the speed can be 40 or 50 with seemingly no logic

It's easy to fall foul or the Speed Cameras , I did and it was there for me to see and I was doing 36 in a 30.

I thought the Camera was looking back into Clee but whilst it was it was doing both Dual Carriageways ( nicked )

It's a replacement direct bus from Donny to Scunny and then train from there. It's adding about 30 minutes travel time on in total.

Assume the station screens will show where the buses are parked instead of the train platform?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 12, 2024, 07:08:49 pm by drfchound »

There's a path along the seafront which also has a footbridge over the railway as you get close to the ground. You could try that.

I’m thinking that must be the one that goes past the arcades.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 12, 2024, 07:12:09 pm by silent majority »

No, its much further along than that. It starts where the road ends next to the maintenance depot.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 12, 2024, 07:13:58 pm by drfchound »

No, its much further along than that. It starts where the road ends next to the maintenance depot.

Ok, thanks.
I will look online and check that out.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 12, 2024, 07:42:06 pm by drfchound »

Beckett's is supposed to be A1 but they only have Haddock . Stand with back to pier and walk 300 ish yards ignoring all others passing over main road and towards Market Square and its on the left not long after passing over the main road

Cheers John, Haddock is fine for me.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on February 12, 2024, 07:46:58 pm by scawsby steve »

Cheers John, Haddock is fine for me.

Make sure you go to the right plaice though.

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 12, 2024, 11:12:45 pm by redandwhitewizard »
After me and my wife going to Stockport away I will never travel less than 90 min away to avoid a group of people who disgrace our club and themselves. Season ticket holder fan since 1976. Emba

redandwhitewizard

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 12, 2024, 11:15:00 pm by redandwhitewizard »
Rresed

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 13, 2024, 08:35:25 am by normal rules »

I always park on Princes Road. It’s free on street parking. Normally loads of spaces. A nice stroll back along Grimsby road for a bag of chips en route to the ground. By the time you walk back to your car, most of the match traffic has gone. And you can use the Clee Rd/A16 to get back to the A180 to miss out town altogether for the return journey

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 13, 2024, 08:45:05 am by drfchound »

I always park on Princes Road. It’s free on street parking. Normally loads of spaces. A nice stroll back along Grimsby road for a bag of chips en route to the ground. By the time you walk back to your car, most of the match traffic has gone. And you can use the Clee Rd/A16 to get back to the A180 to miss out town altogether for the return journey

That street might get busy now matey.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on February 13, 2024, 09:26:06 am by normal rules »

Always loads of room down there. It’s a bit of a walk which puts the lazy off .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 13, 2024, 10:57:16 am by drfchound »

Always loads of room down there. It’s a bit of a walk which puts the lazy off .

I am going to give it a try.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 13, 2024, 12:09:25 pm by donnievic »
apparently is a car park at north prom near market which is 10/15 min walk to or from ground along the prom and over the footbridge,it is also the way police send fans back to the station after the game but has a wall you need to climb over aswell

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 13, 2024, 12:23:11 pm by colincramb »
apparently is a car park at north prom near market which is 10/15 min walk to or from ground along the prom and over the footbridge,it is also the way police send fans back to the station after the game but has a wall you need to climb over aswell

Yes police generally direct fans back this way after the game, so just a word of warning for anyone that parks in the streets around the ground as getting back to your car from the away end can be difficult. Had to argue my point with the local plod to get back to mine when we played them in 2017

TinyPortal © 2005-2012