Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 05:18:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ticket Office  (Read 3570 times)

mpc123

• VSC Member
Re: Ticket Office
« Reply #30 on May 18, 2024, 02:41:29 pm by mpc123 »
Doncaster is hosting the Challenge Cup Semi live on the beeb, it’s great for the town, we’ve got thousands of visitors spending their hard earned money in Donny, yet people are moaning about not been able to buy their season tickets, 3 months before the season starts, perspective please.

Read the op there was no one there, would it have hurt to do the trensaction?
Well if it’s the case that someone just couldn’t be bothered to do the transaction that is poor but maybe they were just not set up to sell season tickets, they could be just set up for rugby ticket collection and not had anyone who could execute the transaction. Surely if you were going specifically for season tickets you’d check before you trave

led.

You shouldn't have to check.

I'll check with Sainsbury's to see if it is bread day today before I go, you shouldn't have to.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 18, 2024, 02:47:43 pm by drfcsteve »
Surely we all want what’s best for the club so I never understand this tinpot attitude some fans have. Same with the catering.

It’s not unreasonable to expect a ticket office to sell tickets when it’s open. So what if the rugby is on. Are we actually saying we’re only capable of selling one type of ticket per day? Imagine any other shop saying they can’t possibly sell multiple things at the same time.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on May 18, 2024, 04:26:26 pm by ravenrover »
So the ticket office is open on DRFC matchdays, say 1st Sat of thr season, what do you think their response would be to someone rocking up and wanting to buy a season ticket?

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 18, 2024, 05:46:52 pm by adamtherover »
Rugby isn't going to rush anyone off their feet either. What are crowds these days 5-600?

It's a sell-out today. 15k expected.
no where near, loads of empty seats.... Shocking considering the occasion?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 18, 2024, 07:19:56 pm by wilts rover »
Rugby isn't going to rush anyone off their feet either. What are crowds these days 5-600?

It's a sell-out today. 15k expected.
no where near, loads of empty seats.... Shocking considering the occasion?

Yes that's what I thought. Wonder if the hype surrounding it being a sell out actually put people turning up on the day?

I presume Rovers would just have had a flat fee for use of the ground rather than a % so it wouldn't really bother us? But still a shame two well supported clubs couldn't fill a ground for a semi-final.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 18, 2024, 07:49:59 pm by Janso »
Just been to the TO to buy three season tickets. “Sorry we are not selling them today because the rugby is on”.

10am, the ticket office is open, not a sinner around. Come on, if it was peak time and they were rushed off their feet fair enough.

Yes I could do it online, yes I could do it over the phone BUT this was a little club engagement trip with my little boy. Turning away customers that want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds is probably a sub optimal approach.

Was also there to make the £100 academy donation from the Colin C bet… can’t even give money away!
Bizarre thing to moan about, just buy online.

I think it needs raising personally. We moan about bums on seats, season tickets etc. I'm normally back the club up but I just don't get it. CLUB DONCASTER, but still they are classed as seperate.... when rugby's on, we dont want football fans. It's not the way to go forward. It would be interesting to see if this has been forced by the club or was it a member of staff who can't be arsed.

We have been through some real rough times as a club and even in league 2 we need investment to get anywhere, but they turn it down.

Doesn't seem right to me.

Really weird take, given it isn't even the Dons that are playing, so your dig at Club Doncaster is as relevant as it is necessary or factual.

donnyguy

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on May 18, 2024, 07:50:58 pm by donnyguy »
Official attendance  11,163

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 19, 2024, 05:14:08 pm by mpc123 »
Just been to the TO to buy three season tickets. “Sorry we are not selling them today because the rugby is on”.

10am, the ticket office is open, not a sinner around. Come on, if it was peak time and they were rushed off their feet fair enough.

Yes I could do it online, yes I could do it over the phone BUT this was a little club engagement trip with my little boy. Turning away customers that want to spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds is probably a sub optimal approach.

Was also there to make the £100 academy donation from the Colin C bet… can’t even give money away!

I think it needs raising personally. We moan about bums on seats, season tickets etc. I'm normally back the club up but I just don't get it. CLUB DONCASTER, but still they are classed as seperate.... when rugby's on, we dont want football fans. It's not the way to go forward. It would be interesting to see if this has been forced by the club or was it a member of staff who can't be arsed.

We have been through some real rough times as a club and even in league 2 we need investment to get anywhere, but they turn it down.

Really weird take, given it isn't even the Dons that are playing, so your dig at Club Doncaster is as relevant as it is necessary or factual.

Why is it weird, it should be anytime for all parts of club doncaster, available tickets no matter what is on at the stadium

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 19, 2024, 05:25:59 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Have a day off from winging at the club jeez. It's a rugby day, for one day. And it's not like you're not going to be able to buy any other day. And it's not like the club is going to miss out on loads, even any, sales of STs. So just calm the hell down constantly criticising

It’s just w**k though isn’t it? Made the effort to drive half an hour there to spend some money and can’t spend it? In person sales are worth more than online surely because there more chance of a spin off purchase in the club shop.

Wasn't having a go at you individually or personally but I'm sure you'll get many other chances to buy that ticket. Just doesn't seem warranted to moan at the club for having 1 day off

Buy that ticket later, you'll still get too see GM guide us up  :P up the Rovers  :scarf:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 05:29:44 pm by DRFC_AjA »

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 19, 2024, 10:05:25 pm by Janso »

Why is it weird, it should be anytime for all parts of club doncaster, available tickets no matter what is on at the stadium

Because it wasn't for ANY part of Club Doncaster.

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on May 19, 2024, 10:22:09 pm by mpc123 »
What? The whole stadium is for club doncaster and the town.... if a pop concert is playing or anything else, you should be able to buy whatever is on.

The consequences are big if not, based on floaters from the past month or 2 on a yes or no, to take time out and not have the ability.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 20, 2024, 08:55:14 pm by Janso »
What? The whole stadium is for club doncaster and the town.... if a pop concert is playing or anything else, you should be able to buy whatever is on.

The consequences are big if not, based on floaters from the past month or 2 on a yes or no, to take time out and not have the ability.

Going miiiiiiiles out of your way to make a dig at Club Doncaster when it's not remotely relevant though aren't you.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012