Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:44:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 39743 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #1050 on June 24, 2024, 07:57:58 pm by SydneyRover »
Strange dd, I'm talking about you not what a think tank is writing about although I do respect what they say, it's your version of reality I do not accept, that fact that you in turn will not accept that labour when in power have largely run the country well and left the economy in a better place than when the tories run the same country.

The undeniable fact is that for over 14 years (and before that) the tories have run the country and it's services into the ground, fomented racial troubles, trashed the gfa and used their money, power and position to pitch people against each other for their own benefit.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1051 on June 24, 2024, 10:54:39 pm by Sprotyrover »
Strange dd, I'm talking about you not what a think tank is writing about although I do respect what they say, it's your version of reality I do not accept, that fact that you in turn will not accept that labour when in power have largely run the country well and left the economy in a better place than when the tories run the same country.

The undeniable fact is that for over 14 years (and before that) the tories have run the country and it's services into the ground, fomented racial troubles, trashed the gfa and used their money, power and position to pitch people against each other for their own benefit.

Says the little Runaway who slagged off the Labour Government claiming that after 11 years of misrule the country had gone to the Dogs!
Interesting to see you kept dual Nationality you little turn coat!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1052 on June 25, 2024, 06:42:17 am by SydneyRover »

Says the little Runaway who slagged off the Labour Government claiming that after 11 years of misrule the country had gone to the Dogs!
Interesting to see you kept dual Nationality you little turn coat!

You're the self confessed dogging sprotter aye.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1053 on June 25, 2024, 11:22:54 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I see Sunak has finally pulled the plug on the two candidates in the vetting scandal, after days of ducking the issue.

He's really not very good at this politics thing is he?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1054 on June 25, 2024, 11:34:35 am by BillyStubbsTears »
This.
https://x.com/DPJHodges/status/1805538525552562415

Imagine what it's like being one of the ministers who, time after time, are rolled out in front of the media to defend Sunak doing nothing over the latest shit show.

Only to find he's then flipped and not told you.

He's like a kid playing some sort of  My First PM roleplay game.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1055 on June 25, 2024, 11:40:23 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ alive, this is one of the betting scandal candidates.

Makes Harry Enfield's Tory Boy look like Che Guevara.

Anyway, the Tories seem to have found a hill to die on.

William Hill.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #1056 on June 25, 2024, 12:14:07 pm by Filo »
Go back to the time he was chancellor, and the covid briefs, every man and his dog was saying how brilliant he was, not me, I saw straight through him, he’s coming out now as the snake I saw then

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #1057 on June 25, 2024, 12:19:05 pm by Branton Red »

The Tories have given plenty of ammunition for complaint/ridicule with their politics and behaviour over recent years without the need of having to go down the route of mocking people over their appearance.

Surely you're better than that.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1058 on June 25, 2024, 12:22:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The sheer cheek of this Kitson trying to play the Elder Statesman on economic issues.

https://x.com/nickclegg/status/1805261692592431437

Yes, our recovery after the GFC was no worse than that across much of Europe.

But Europe had a catastrophic recovery because of the Euro. Having a common monetary policy but no common fiscal policy was an absolute disaster. It meant that countries like Italy, Spain, Portugal who needed to borrow to boost their economies were unable to do so without their bond rates going ballistic. That was the core of the Euro crisis and it was truly a disaster.

Similarly, the recovery in the USA was hampered by the Republicans sabotaging Obama's spending plans.

We had a similarly bad recovery. But that was entirely self inflicted. We had control over our own monetary policy which meant we could have effectively borrowed as much as we liked, to invest in capital infrastructure, at negative real interest rates at the time.

Clegg was instrumental in blocking that. He signed up lock stock and barrel to Cameron's Austerity. So we had our own self inflicted appalling non-recovery

His fault. He was the one who could have insisted on a different course.

And here's the irony.

The depressed living standards due to Austerity led directly to the rise of UKIP from being nothing in 2010, to being a threat to the Tories by 2014. That's what led to Cameron offering a Brexit referendum. And the subsequent shit show as the Tory party lurched into civil war and forgot about actually running the country.

All down to the 2010 decision of that t**t. If he had an ounce of self respect, he'd spend his life looking into his soul and praying for forgiveness, instead of tweeting this trite b*llocks.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 12:25:24 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1059 on June 25, 2024, 04:22:14 pm by danumdon »

Very strange reply indeed, we're not talking about what i think or my opinion of the situation, i told you that i think they are both taking the voting public for a ride and the "fully costed" manifestoes are fantasy and deceit.

I then give you a direct quote from a respected economist who basically backs up my initial notions and you start ranting about 14 years of crap government?

Nobody here can give a definitive answer to what Labour are going to do or achieve over the next cycle, we don't know yet, time will tell us if they are going to do a grand job.

Plenty have grave doubts, regardless what you or i think.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1060 on June 25, 2024, 04:38:05 pm by SydneyRover »

Very strange reply indeed, we're not talking about what i think or my opinion of the situation, i told you that i think they are both taking the voting public for a ride and the "fully costed" manifestoes are fantasy and deceit.

I then give you a direct quote from a respected economist who basically backs up my initial notions and you start ranting about 14 years of crap government?

Nobody here can give a definitive answer to what Labour are going to do or achieve over the next cycle, we don't know yet, time will tell us if they are going to do a grand job.

Plenty have grave doubts, regardless what you or i think.

Strange I thought the above nailed your position quite well.

Strange 14+ years of crap government that trashed the NHS the police service and water etc ................ and you presumably because labour made a hugely better fist of government don't want to accept that.

If you accept that labour left services in a far better position than they are now then maybe we can agree to move forward.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1061 on June 25, 2024, 04:54:17 pm by SydneyRover »
Just a little update/reminder of the tories in action ............

''PPE worth £1.4bn from single Covid deal destroyed or written off
UK government deal struck at height of pandemic described as ‘colossal misuse of public funds’''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/jun/25/ppe-worth-14bn-from-single-covd-deal-destroyed-or-written-off

Just in case you forgot, the tories denied there was a VIP lane and then the non-existent VIP lane was found to be unlawful.

''Use of 'VIP lane' to award Covid PPE contracts unlawful, high court rules. The government's operation of a “VIP lane” for suppliers of personal protective equipment during the coronavirus pandemic was illegal, a high court judge has ruled.12 Jan 2022''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/12/use-of-vip-lane-to-award-covid-ppe-contracts-unlawful-high-court-rules#:~:text=2%20years%20old-,Use%20of%20'VIP%20lane'%20to%20award%20Covid%20PPE,contracts%20unlawful%2C%20high%20court%20rules&text=The%20government's%20operation%20of%20a,high%20court%20judge%20has%20ruled.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 05:00:07 pm by SydneyRover »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1062 on June 26, 2024, 02:03:43 pm by albie »
So Labour do not plan to reconsider regressive taxation like Council Tax, not a priority according to this chump Kendall;
https://video-ec.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1805853915797192704/pu/vid/avc1/1280x712/RpFOrj7z2Uei1oRs.mp4?tag=12

That means that alongside a promise not to increase tax on the wealthy in the manifesto, Labour are missing the open goal of reforming the existing inequalities in the tax system.
No policy agenda for redistribution, and no commitment to level up the tax liabilities of the most vulnerable.

Council tax was brought in after the poll tax fiasco, and was based on banded property values at the time.
Not only have property values increased more in some areas than in others, but the CT discount for single people is only 25%, meaning single folk are subsidising married couples.

It is bonkers!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1063 on June 26, 2024, 04:11:56 pm by SydneyRover »
So Labour do not plan to reconsider regressive taxation like Council Tax, not a priority according to this chump Kendall;
https://video-ec.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1805853915797192704/pu/vid/avc1/1280x712/RpFOrj7z2Uei1oRs.mp4?tag=12

That means that alongside a promise not to increase tax on the wealthy in the manifesto, Labour are missing the open goal of reforming the existing inequalities in the tax system.
No policy agenda for redistribution, and no commitment to level up the tax liabilities of the most vulnerable.

Council tax was brought in after the poll tax fiasco, and was based on banded property values at the time.
Not only have property values increased more in some areas than in others, but the CT discount for single people is only 25%, meaning single folk are subsidising married couples.

It is bonkers!

Gee Albie, if you had had this much energy pursuing the tories maybe Corbyn could have won, one of them at least.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1064 on June 26, 2024, 04:13:48 pm by SydneyRover »
Another idiot labour will be better off without ............

''Islington Labour member arrested over alleged honeytrap plot, party confirms
Labour says man administratively suspended after Met inquiry into sexting scam targeting men in political circles''

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/article/2024/jun/26/man-arrested-after-alleged-honeytrap-plot-targeting-men-in-political-circles

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1065 on June 26, 2024, 04:42:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Anyway, the Tories seem to have found a hill to die on.

William Hill.

I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but nobody is going to tell me they can look at his face and think "He's going to be a pleasant person, isn't he?"

AS YOU CAN SEE HE'S DONE THIS STROKE BEFORE AND BLESS HIM BILLY IS NO OIL PAINTING

AS I MENTIONED YESTERDAY ON ANOTHER THREAD I PULLED HIM UP ABOUT TAKING THE PI$$ OUT OF SOMEONES GAIT

Bit like Gove really

How on earth is Billy Buoy going to survive without Gove

Billy has had a fixation with Gove's arse and his gait over the years 3 times in the past   I have pulled him up on this site when he has criticised his walk     ... what's wrong with a fixation you might say

anyhow maybe he can put it behind him and move on.

"in the alternative " Gove moved out of the family home quite a while ago "opportunity knocks"
« Last Edit: June 26, 2024, 04:46:36 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1066 on June 26, 2024, 05:04:26 pm by albie »
The reason Labour are under scrutiny is that they are the incoming government, Syd.
You will see I have posted many times about the Tories, but they have now thrown in the towel.

No point harping on about yesterday's men.

Classic contribution today from Ellie Reeves, younger sister of Nanny Plum.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1805961002086719488/pu/vid/avc1/1280x714/nxRgSaxXPsJtaqpt.mp4?tag=12

Reeves junior reckons borrowing for capital expenditure would crash the economy.
Referencing Liz Truss, she does not make any distinction between borrowing to make big tax cuts, and investment to deliver greater economic returns.

So if borrowing is out, and taxes on the wealthy are out....then austerity is the last man standing.

BST will be so disappointed to learn that!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1067 on June 26, 2024, 05:28:58 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
and I made a note of this from the BBC WAS IT YESTERDAY ?

Main parties 'largely' ignoring economic challenges in manifestos - IFS
published at 10:00
10:00
BREAKING
The UK's future economic challenges are being "largely ignored" by the Conservatives and Labour in their election manifestos, according to the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).

In its analysis of the main parties' manifestos, the think tank says "huge decisions" will need to be made - which, it says, will "in all likelihood, mean either higher taxes or worse public services".

But "you would not guess that from reading" the Labour or Conservative manifestos, it says.

"They have singularly failed even to acknowledge some of the most important issues and choices to have faced us for a very long time."

We'll have more from the IFS in the next couple of posts, stay with us.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/ckrrx571jklt

NOW WE SEE WHY WE GOT THE 34 PHOTOS OF STARMER IN THE MANIFESToh 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1068 on June 26, 2024, 07:16:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Latest MRP poll.

https://x.com/Samfr/status/1805972901553643975

If this is right, then...wow! That's the Tories in existential danger.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #1069 on June 26, 2024, 10:17:43 pm by danumdon »
Well, i've just watched the last head to head between two blokes offering themselves to be the next PM of the country.

Now, i'm no lover of "celebrity" and all the crappy media hype that surrounds these type of occasions leading upto to a GE but by god, if anyone can come here now and endorse either of those two they really want to have a word with themselves.

One fella in the audience got it bang right, what do either of them have to offer this country.

Its just looks very bleak, i don't fancy our chances against anyone with either of these pipsqueaks at the helm.

And i thought the Yanks had a raw deal!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1070 on June 26, 2024, 10:21:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Christ DD. Get some uppers down you.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #1071 on June 26, 2024, 11:32:08 pm by albie »
Strange goings on in Clacton from Labour;
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/26/labour-not-putting-up-a-fight-against-farage-in-clacton

Free run for Nige, local Labour fella too much coverage instead of Keith???

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1072 on June 27, 2024, 04:47:26 am by SydneyRover »
The reason Labour are under scrutiny is that they are the incoming government, Syd.
You will see I have posted many times about the Tories, but they have now thrown in the towel.

No point harping on about yesterday's men.

Classic contribution today from Ellie Reeves, younger sister of Nanny Plum.
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1805961002086719488/pu/vid/avc1/1280x714/nxRgSaxXPsJtaqpt.mp4?tag=12

Reeves junior reckons borrowing for capital expenditure would crash the economy.
Referencing Liz Truss, she does not make any distinction between borrowing to make big tax cuts, and investment to deliver greater economic returns.

So if borrowing is out, and taxes on the wealthy are out....then austerity is the last man standing.

BST will be so disappointed to learn that!

Not true Albie you've been banging on about labour and Starmer since corbyn massively lost the second election as I recently reminded you about your posts predicting labour was losing all its members, legal fees and unions were abandoning them etc

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1073 on June 27, 2024, 10:31:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
You know when I say politics isn't about some fairytale utopia of high ideals and that politicians have to engage with real voters?

https://x.com/JAHeale/status/1806238748536922386

Smyth

• Forum Member
« Reply #1074 on Today at 11:56:15 am by Smyth »
Ere, what is a South Yorkshire plod doing threatening an election candidate with arrest for distribution of perfectly legal literature? PC Nicholson is the name, creeping authoritarianism in the name of "diversity"

Smyth

• Forum Member
« Reply #1075 on Today at 12:04:04 pm by Smyth »
Oh and obviously ALL crimes in Sheffield have been cleared up leaving pc with a free hand to interfere in an election.
There are two sexes male and female

TinyPortal © 2005-2012