Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 12:40:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 43921 times)

Mike_F

• VSC Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #1140 on July 04, 2024, 11:48:00 am by Mike_F »
I'm in a couple of telegram discussion groups relating to stock market invesment discussion and I was quite shocked and concerned to see that in poll launched last night, of the c.320 votes cast, Reform were polling well over 40%

Farage's city background must be resonating with these people more than I would have hoped.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #1141 on July 04, 2024, 12:38:53 pm by turnbull for england »
I live in Thorne, near me are 2 Council properties proudly displaying Reform posters, make Britain great again . Genuinely interested in what they think he's going to do that's make their lives better. I'm fairly confident they don't know themselves bar the snake oil headlines

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #1142 on July 04, 2024, 01:57:56 pm by ChrisBx »
I'm in a couple of telegram discussion groups relating to stock market invesment discussion and I was quite shocked and concerned to see that in poll launched last night, of the c.320 votes cast, Reform were polling well over 40%

Farage's city background must be resonating with these people more than I would have hoped.

Telegram... a big red flag there!

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #1143 on July 04, 2024, 02:06:30 pm by turnbull for england »

Thought that was Switzerland

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #1144 on July 04, 2024, 02:07:03 pm by EasyforDennis »
If RefUK get more than ten million votes, I will chew my left bollock off.

You really are in your leftist bubble aren't you ?

I've not met one person who's voting Labour, not one.

Most at my work are voting reform.

I presume you work from home then?

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #1145 on July 04, 2024, 02:40:45 pm by Mike_F »

It's not a platform that I use a great deal but it's quite common in share/investment discussion circles.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #1146 on July 04, 2024, 04:04:23 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
If RefUK get more than ten million votes, I will chew my left bollock off.

You really are in your leftist bubble aren't you ?

I've not met one person who's voting Labour, not one.

Most at my work are voting reform.

I've not met you but if online counts, I did.

I live in Thorne, near me are 2 Council properties proudly displaying Reform posters, make Britain great again . Genuinely interested in what they think he's going to do that's make their lives better. I'm fairly confident they don't know themselves bar the snake oil headlines

Not much election stuff up round here, but reform is the most common for sure, mind we had a UKIP councillor here at one point so not too surprising.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #1147 on July 04, 2024, 04:18:15 pm by TonySoprano »
Just had a long chat with a few colleagues, seems the general concensus is that everyone is voting for whoever they think has the best chance to beat Labour.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1148 on July 04, 2024, 04:29:33 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well, that's it sorted then.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #1149 on July 04, 2024, 04:37:48 pm by pib »
Just had a long chat with a few colleagues, seems the general concensus is that everyone is voting for whoever they think has the best chance to beat Labour.

Sounds a lot like a bubble that, doesn't it?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1150 on July 04, 2024, 04:55:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Allister Heath is the editor of the Sunday Telegraph.

If you see Alister this evening, please take extreme caution. He may spontaneously combust as the results start coming in.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #1151 on July 04, 2024, 04:57:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »

They're using pencil for voting at polling stations so make sure to take your crayon so they can't rub it out. Try not to eat it or stick it up your nose though.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1152 on July 04, 2024, 05:01:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bit more from Alister.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1153 on July 04, 2024, 05:02:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Maybe our wannabe gangster works for the Telegraph?

Oh aye. And there's also this from him, about the KamiKwasi Budget that damn nearly tanked the economy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #1154 on July 04, 2024, 05:55:16 pm by drfchound »
Allister Heath is the editor of the Sunday Telegraph.

If you see Alister this evening, please take extreme caution. He may spontaneously combust as the results start coming in.

Heath may have a point BST.
I remember you posting that the Tories were so bad that after they lose this election they might be out of power for 25 years.
If that was to be the case then I’m not sure which other Party will have enough to challenge Labour.
(I might be wrong with the number of years but it was something along the lines of 25 years.)

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #1155 on July 04, 2024, 06:08:45 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Vote cast, now to sit and wait!

The polls predict a Labour landslide, but they've been wrong before eg in 1992. They're also predicting a Tory wipeout. Will Reform take many Tory voters? It's a bit like Labour & SDP in 1983; a split vote and Maggie romped home.

An old bloke who lives near me had been out canvassing for Labour today and told my mate that many people had said that they'd vote for Labour but as they're already going to win easily, what's the point? What affect with voter apathy have? Interesting. If you don't vote then you can't complain about the state of the country.

To be honest, it'll probably not make a huge amount of difference to me who's in power, but for the good of the nation as a whole I hope Labour get in. I think that they're the only ones who are able to sort out the country for the young 'uns.

I hope there's enough smart people in the country to ignore Farage and his racist rabble too. Despite asking 5 times on here, nobody has been able to tell me which policies/opinions they find most attractive from Reform! Anyway, I'm too old to start booting the fascists down the Old Kent Road again so hopefully we'll see them off at the ballot box.

I hope that the Tory Party get a kicking and become a moderate/centre ground party again. They do still have some talented people who've been drowned out by the right wing nutters. 

Anyway, good health one and all & see you on the other side.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2024, 06:11:15 pm by Herbert Anchovy »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1156 on July 04, 2024, 07:42:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I wonder if this 100% genuine RefUK voter goes to the same local drink place as Soprano?

https://x.com/Srvpeople/status/1808855832236376422

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1157 on July 04, 2024, 08:08:59 pm by ravenrover »
Here's a thought since Leeanderthal defected to Reform will his pension and payoff be based on a basic MPs wage? That would be nice

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1158 on July 04, 2024, 11:33:18 pm by SydneyRover »
Congrats to Kier Starmer and the team.

There has been some terrific 'debates' on here since johnson became PM (and before) and this result validates imho what I and others have said about the tories during this period.

For those unhappy with the result ........... suck it up, the UK deserves better.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1159 on July 05, 2024, 12:06:57 am by Colemans Left Hook »
oops Farage's mob is going to win Hartlepool

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1160 on July 05, 2024, 12:26:14 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting to note that the 4 results through so far are showing Reform are getting on average a few percent more than yougov MRP predictions, and Labour a couple less. Possibly in line with the exit polls.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1161 on July 05, 2024, 12:58:46 am by Colemans Left Hook »
and Jeremy is 6/1 on to win which will be the ONLY LABOUR LOSS   :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1162 on July 05, 2024, 01:14:40 am by SydneyRover »
Dehenna Davison sheesh

Being handed their arse on a plate, going from an historic win to an historic loss in a single term -

'we've been in too long'
« Last Edit: July 05, 2024, 01:27:03 am by SydneyRover »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1163 on July 05, 2024, 01:28:38 am by Bristol Red Rover »
and Jeremy is 6/1 on to win which will be the ONLY LABOUR LOSS   :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Thangam Debbonaire in my constituency will lose to Carla Denyer.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1164 on July 05, 2024, 01:38:46 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Interesting to note that the 4 results through so far are showing Reform are getting on average a few percent more than yougov MRP predictions, and Labour a couple less. Possibly in line with the exit polls.

I'm thinking that at least partly, 2 to 4 in a hundred previously intentioned Labour voters chose reform in the last few days or even in the ballot box. Protest induced, or maybe bought by the Farage charisma?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1165 on July 05, 2024, 01:45:42 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Thangam Debbonaire in my constituency will lose to Carla Denyer.

yep just said that result in 90 minutes

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #1166 on July 05, 2024, 02:01:19 am by ChrisBx »
Jarvis comfortably holds his seat in Barnsley. Reform won't be getting those 13 seats it seems.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #1167 on July 05, 2024, 02:07:59 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Jarvis comfortably holds his seat in Barnsley. Reform won't be getting those 13 seats it seems.

they looked a rough lot at Barnsley North

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1168 on July 05, 2024, 02:15:55 am by SydneyRover »
Definitely not as much fun without the 'they're all the same' bunch 'live' on the forum.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #1169 on July 05, 2024, 02:38:04 am by SydneyRover »
oops Farage's mob is going to win Hartlepool

hmmm

TinyPortal © 2005-2012