Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 09:33:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 42022 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #570 on June 07, 2024, 01:18:58 pm by SydneyRover »
Under the bus if she wants any cred going forward

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #571 on June 07, 2024, 04:21:52 pm by Superspy »
Double edged sword that one. If she throws him under the bus (as I think she should) yes she'll have credibility going forward with some people, she also be called a kingslayer by others (stabbing her leader in the back for those not fans of Game of Thrones, haha).

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #572 on June 07, 2024, 06:14:21 pm by MachoMadness »

This is the sort of thing that follows politicians around forever.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #573 on June 07, 2024, 06:23:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There isn't "forever" in his case. He'll be off to America to rejoin the finance world within a year.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #574 on June 07, 2024, 09:02:18 pm by River Don »
Just an observation.

In summing up tonight, Farage was the one who sounded like a human.

Whatever you think of him, he's an adept communicator.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #575 on June 07, 2024, 09:04:11 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
He IS a brilliant communicator.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #576 on June 07, 2024, 09:05:26 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Just an observation.

And the only one without autocue.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #577 on June 07, 2024, 09:21:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'm surprised they scheduled another debate in the same week on Friday night with lots of sport on etc.  Did we all miss anything?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #578 on June 07, 2024, 09:31:25 pm by ChrisBx »
I'm surprised they scheduled another debate in the same week on Friday night with lots of sport on etc.  Did we all miss anything?

f**k all from Wembley!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #579 on June 07, 2024, 09:41:59 pm by bpoolrover »
Just an observation.

yes the labour and tory ones just yelled at each other, pathetic at times

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #580 on June 07, 2024, 09:48:29 pm by normal rules »
Mordant and rayner were pathetic. Tonight displayed everything that’s wrong with the current binary dominance we have in uk politics. A party desperate to hang on to power at all costs and another devoid of any believable credible plan.
Bickering like children.
Undignified.
Uninspiring.
Unelectable.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #581 on June 07, 2024, 10:20:17 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just an observation.

Thought Stephen Flynn countered him well tbf.

IMO just based on getting their opinion across and how confident they came across.

1. Stephen Flynn
2. Nigel Farage
3. Angela Rayner
4. Daisy Cooper
5. Carla Denyer
6. Rhun ap Iorwerth
7. Penny Mordaunt
« Last Edit: June 07, 2024, 10:46:16 pm by DonnyOsmond »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #582 on June 08, 2024, 08:46:57 am by selby »
You can dismiss  all the other participants apart from Farage in that debate as all the others were reading off an autocue, so have not got an opinion.
  And he for the most part buried them anyway as they showed how hesitant they are themselves looking for the opinion of a snotty nosed youngster in Moscow controlling the autocue for all we know.
  They cannot handle people who can think on their feet, if they go off track they are lost, wooden, no real grasp on the working man who would be the but of jokes like fetch me a sky hook from the stores and off they would toddle.
  Or if you were in a piece work situation and the size of your wage packet depended on them actually doing something.
  I am not working with them they are F-ing useless.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2024, 09:01:48 am by selby »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #583 on June 08, 2024, 08:55:05 am by DonnyOsmond »
You can dismiss  all the other participants apart from Farage in that debate as all the others were reading off an autocue, so have not got an opinion.
  And he for the most part buried them anyway as they showed how hesitant they are themselves looking for the opinion of a snotty nosed youngster in Moscow controlling the autocue for all we know.
  They cannot handle people who can think on their feet, if they go off track they are lost, wooden, no real grasp on the working man who would be the but of jokes lik

Insane how impressed you are with not using autocue for a 15 second closing speech. How dare the others prepare what they were going to say, very poor of them.

The whole debate prior to that closing statement was surely an indication of how they can think on their feet having to respond to other parties including your mate Nigel.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #584 on June 08, 2024, 09:11:37 am by SydneyRover »
Maudant although saying risky was completely wrong over D-Day joined him in the lie over the $2000. It's bad enough repeating a lie but worse when the lie has already been exposed.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #585 on June 08, 2024, 09:17:21 am by selby »
  Donny, they never at all said anything we have not heard before, labour have one line 14years  and all that 14years they have tried to stop everything going through in both houses, have done their best to overthrow the Brexit vote, and will try to overturn it led by a Quisling
 Both major parties have brought this country down economically and have been willing, and still are, to see living standards, and education and training standards,   lower for the vast majority of the population for the last quarter of a century, while spivs and no marks have flourished together with drugs and gang culture
  It's time for a big change, and time to dump those responsible into the garbage bag.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #586 on June 08, 2024, 09:20:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
  They cannot handle people who can think on their feet, if they go off track they are lost, wooden, no real grasp on the working man who would be the but of jokes lik

Insane how impressed you are with not using autocue for a 15 second closing speech. How dare the others prepare what they were going to say, very poor of them.

The whole debate prior to that closing statement was surely an indication of how they can think on their feet having to respond to other parties including your mate Nigel.
What you stand for should come from the heart, not the autocue.

I agree that the debate indicated how they can think on their feet, but  I disagree with your assessment of Angela Rayner being third best. In my opinion, she was out of her depth.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #587 on June 08, 2024, 09:23:20 am by SydneyRover »
What you stand for should come from the heart, not the autocue.

I agree that the debate indicated how they can think on their feet, but  I disagree with your assessment of Angela Rayner being third best. In my opinion, she was out of her depth.

So ministers should go into meetings without notes and secretaries to advise them on various points, you're wrong again bb.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #588 on June 08, 2024, 09:31:10 am by selby »
  Syd, it is the wrong amount, they don't have to change any rate of tax, that is all any party have said, All they have to do is impose tax on more everyday items, especially food, whether basic items or takeaway meals, and squeeze the motorists more, let local government raise local taxes as they want ( not their fault)
  I think fuel both domestic and transport will be the biggy, we have already seen it a lot higher, they know we will pay it, and a back up excuse is we are saving the world, electric cars will be brought into the fold of tax in the name of equality
  That £2000 will be more.  You stay where you are you could be better off, and we will have a little comfort we can turn to.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #589 on June 08, 2024, 09:37:07 am by i_ateallthepies »
Farage, Galloway - Like Scargill 50 years ago great rabble rousers certainly but to be trusted?  FMD!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #590 on June 08, 2024, 09:39:41 am by SydneyRover »
  Syd, it is the wrong amount, they don't have to change any rate of tax, that is all any party have said, All they have to do is impose tax on more everyday items, especially food, whether basic items or takeaway meals, and squeeze the motorists more, let local government raise local taxes as they want ( not their fault)
  I think fuel both domestic and transport will be the biggy, we have already seen it a lot higher, they know we will pay it, and a back up excuse is we are saving the world, electric cars will be brought into the fold of tax in the name of equality
  That £2000 will be more.  You stay where you are you could be better off, and we will have a little comfort we can turn to.

It's not the amount or what its intended use. we are debating here the fact that risky and now maudant are using a figure is an invention and proved to be so.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #591 on June 08, 2024, 09:53:24 am by DonnyOsmond »
  Donny, they never at all said anything we have not heard before, labour have one line 14years  and all that 14years they have tried to stop everything going through in both houses, have done their best to overthrow the Brexit vote, and will try to overturn it led by a Quisling
 Both major parties have brought this country down economically and have been willing, and still are, to see living standards, and education and training standards,   lower for the vast majority of the population for the last quarter of a century, while spivs and no marks have flourished together with drugs and gang culture
  It's time for a big change, and time to dump those responsible into the garbage bag.

The country was doing alright until the Global Recession in '08 and it is time for change. What's brought the country down economically is austerity and Brexit, way before the comparable things to other countries, such as Covid and the Ukraine war. I don't think voting for the party that has made decisions such as austerity and enacted hard Brexit is a sensible idea as I don't have Stockholm Syndrome or am I a masochist.
Voting for Reform is pretty much along the same lines, why pick the snake oil salesman who has ties to Russia and told you how much better off we would be out of the EU (yet were not) and wants to privatise healthcare, which would make it difficult for poorer people to seek quality medical treatment.
Hopefully the people that promoted and voted for the last 14 years numerous times will be making better choices for the country and other fellow human beings in a few weeks time. They need to have a look and see that it's not worked and to carry on doing the same shit would be very naive.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #592 on June 08, 2024, 10:25:42 am by tommy toes »
This^^

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #593 on June 08, 2024, 11:09:10 am by Sprotyrover »

The country was doing alright until the Global Recession in '08 and it is time for change. What's brought the country down economically is austerity and Brexit, way before the comparable things to other countries, such as Covid and the Ukraine war. I don't think voting for the party that has made decisions such as austerity and enacted hard Brexit is a sensible idea as I don't have Stockholm Syndrome or am I a masochist.
Voting for Reform is pretty much along the same lines, why pick the snake oil salesman who has ties to Russia and told you how much better off we would be out of the EU (yet were not) and wants to privatise healthcare, which would make it difficult for poorer people to seek quality medical treatment.
Hopefully the people that promoted and voted for the last 14 years numerous times will be making better choices for the country and other fellow human beings in a few weeks time. They need to have a look and see that it's not worked and to carry on doing the same shit would be very naive.
But we are better off after Brexit, we are not swamped with several hundred thousand more Undesirable Migrants who under free movement could come and go as they please, you clearly don’t pay any attention to the problems they are causing across Europe, time to wake up and smell the Coffee!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #594 on June 08, 2024, 11:44:48 am by MachoMadness »
Thought Farage had a surprisingly poor night. A lot of his big lines fell flat with the audience who weren't buying what he was selling.

The SNP and Greens were the big winners from that performance. Probably did enough to pull a few wavering Labour voters over to their side.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #595 on June 08, 2024, 11:51:37 am by Sprotyrover »
I was hoping to hear some news of possible tax cuts from Labour, did I miss them?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #596 on June 08, 2024, 11:54:02 am by Herbert Anchovy »
The TV debates are a waste of time. Almost everyone (me included) watches them through the lens of their own political bias. Given that, everyone’s opinion on who did best is valid.

I thought Rayner and the bloke from the SNP were the ‘winners’, Mordaunt screwed it up and Farage threw around rabble rousing sound bites.

But then I would think that.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #597 on June 08, 2024, 11:57:48 am by Herbert Anchovy »
I was hoping to hear some news of possible tax cuts from Labour, did I miss them?

No because we don’t need tax cuts. We need the taxes that we do pay to be used more wisely for the benefit of everyone in the country and not just the wealthy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #598 on June 08, 2024, 12:06:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So RefUK have got some stellar intellects in their team.

https://x.com/mikegalsworthy/status/1799324769822613945

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #599 on June 08, 2024, 12:10:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here we go. First batshit Tory far-righter having a nervous breakdown in public.

https://x.com/andreajenkyns/status/1799140972397318277

"What? I thought Nigel was our friend and was going to help us if we took the Tory party far enough to the Right. How can he possibly do this to us? To ME? I thought you f**king loved me Nigel. What did I ever do to you!"

TinyPortal © 2005-2012