Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 11:57:15 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 40072 times)

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #750 on June 12, 2024, 06:50:11 pm by MachoMadness »
Judging by the story that's just come out about Sunak's senior aide putting a bet on the election date days before he announced it, it think it's his team's turn.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #751 on June 12, 2024, 07:28:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yeah but did he get the date right?

Given the incompetence of this shit shower, it wouldn't surprise me if he got it wrong.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #752 on June 12, 2024, 07:34:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Story about Sunak's aides by the way, is that Sunak's said he'll look after them once they lose their jobs. He's reported to have said he'll invest in any businesses they set up.

Can you imagine that lot running businesses?

A group who never thought to check the weather forecast before sending their boss out to look like Withnail and I when he announced the election.

A group that thought: "Here's an idea boss. Let's f**k off the D Day thing and do an ITV interview about how deprived your childhood was."

A group that thought it'd be a great idea to show how ordinary their boss was by having him take a little car to the petrol station, fill up and pay. And then never thought to row back when the video showed he didn't actually didn't know how to pay.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #753 on June 12, 2024, 07:44:25 pm by scawsby steve »
I've said right from the start that he wants out.

His California ranch and Silicon Valley are beckoning.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #754 on June 12, 2024, 08:20:26 pm by ncRover »
I've said right from the start that he wants out.

His California ranch and Silicon Valley are beckoning.

Making the tea for the guy who makes the coffee at Google?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #755 on June 12, 2024, 10:20:08 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Rishi Sunak looked like a beaten man during the Sky debate this evening. He seemed tired and fed up at times, as if he could no longer galvanise any sort of enthusiasm. I must admit, I felt a little bit sorry for him.

Starmer lacked a bit of detail and was caught out a bit around tax. I wish that Labour would be open about possible tax increases. We all know that they've got to happen if we're to maintain (and hopefully improve) public services and I'm sure that many people would not object paying a little extra tax if it's being spent correctly.

It was certainly another win for Starmer though. I think that people would quite welcome 'boring' politics after the disaster of personality politics over the past few years.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #756 on June 13, 2024, 10:03:44 am by Bentley Bullet »
I didn't see the second debate so can't comment on it, but when you say 'another win for Starmer', When was his previous win?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #757 on June 13, 2024, 10:51:47 am by TonySoprano »
If england do well in the euros I can see a swell of support for Nigel and reform.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #758 on June 13, 2024, 10:56:41 am by Iberian Red »
Is he in the starting 11?
Let's hope he doesn't miss a penalty and get dogs abuse like the last Euros.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #759 on June 13, 2024, 11:07:22 am by BillyStubbsTears »
If england do well in the euros I can see a swell of support for Nigel and reform.

Yeah. I remember when England got to the semi in 96 and everyone was saying, "Great! It's ok to be a fascist now!"

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #760 on June 13, 2024, 11:20:49 am by TonySoprano »

Yeah. I remember when England got to the semi in 96 and everyone was saying, "Great! It's ok to be a fascist now!"

Far too easy  :lol:.

So farage is a fascist? And anyone who votes for them ?
How so ? Your literally clueless, it's the far left, the woke agenda and the net zero policies where the real fascists lie.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #761 on June 13, 2024, 11:56:43 am by ncRover »

Patriotism doesn’t equate to nationalism

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #762 on June 13, 2024, 12:01:35 pm by MachoMadness »
Isn't Farage one of the main bedwetters who said they wouldn't support England because the players took the knee?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #763 on June 13, 2024, 12:06:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

How so ? Your literally clueless, it's the far left, the woke agenda and the net zero policies where the real fascists lie.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=291308.msg1322243#msg1322243

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #764 on June 13, 2024, 12:32:30 pm by idler »

How can you have a left wing fascist?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #765 on June 13, 2024, 12:34:07 pm by DonnyOsmond »

"Guehi plays the ball into Mainoo, across to Eze, who takes on his man, drills it across... SAKKAAAAAAA. BUKAYO SAKA SCORES THE GOAL TO WIN ENGLAND THE EUROS!"

Rights wingers - "f**k yeah, close the borders and sell off the NHS!"

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #766 on June 13, 2024, 12:45:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The irony is, our wannabe gangster here is doing exactly what he accuses other people of doing.

He's using "fascist" as a bone idle insult meaning "people I don't agree with".

Whereas I'm using "fascist" to mean "people who believe in or agree with fascist ideas."

Like the 10% of RefUK candidates who have friended a someone who openly brags on FB about being a fascist. Or the RefUK leader who says the world leader he most admires is an ethno-fascist dictator.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #767 on June 13, 2024, 12:46:25 pm by Sprotyrover »

Joe Stalin Springs to mind, Pol Pot ,Chairman Mao,Fidel Castro etc!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #768 on June 13, 2024, 01:13:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I'd love to see comparisons of the main parties manifestos 2019 Vs now compared. The labour manifesto doesn't feel particularly far away from that or the Tories.  Very safe, but that's probably exactly what was needed.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #769 on June 13, 2024, 02:32:22 pm by ncRover »
I'd love to see comparisons of the main parties manifestos 2019 Vs now compared. The labour manifesto doesn't feel particularly far away from that or the Tories.  Very safe, but that's probably exactly what was needed.

Compared to previous Labour manifestos

https://x.com/edconwaysky/status/1801233554849886382?s=46

Compared to LibDem / Cons

https://x.com/edconwaysky/status/1801232841990083035?s=46

The Labour manifesto needs some serious fact-checking. Surely they are massively underestimating how much things cost?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #770 on June 13, 2024, 03:25:20 pm by Sprotyrover »
There isn’t much scope for Labours very modest plans, no Piggy Banks to plunder, it’s going to be even austerity
I might decide to make a few Bob chasing Tax Dodgers that job is just up my street!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #771 on June 13, 2024, 03:42:24 pm by Ldr »
There isn’t much scope for Labours very modest plans, no Piggy Banks to plunder, it’s going to be even austerity
I might decide to make a few Bob chasing Tax Dodgers that job is just up my street!

Tax expats more, no representation without taxation!!

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #772 on June 13, 2024, 04:01:12 pm by albie »

Ben Chu from the BBC posted this;
https://nitter.poast.org/BenChu_/status/1801202947860103353#m

Trickle down here we come....or not!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #773 on June 13, 2024, 04:17:03 pm by SydneyRover »

BB can help you make a start he knows a tax dodger and there was someone else I remember said that his bank manager gave him the third degree when he drew cash out to pay for some work.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #774 on June 13, 2024, 04:54:28 pm by Sprotyrover »

BB can help you make a start he knows a tax dodger and there was someone else I remember said that his bank manager gave him the third degree when he drew cash out to pay for some work.
You need to worry about the mess Albinese is making for you! Hope you been paying your stamp duty!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #775 on June 13, 2024, 04:59:01 pm by SydneyRover »

You need to worry about the mess Albinese is making for you! Hope you been paying your stamp duty!

As I've said before, I'm quite happy paying taxes towards the upkeep of services.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #776 on June 13, 2024, 05:11:59 pm by Iberian Red »

Very hypocritical, the other week you were saying people should only vote where they pay tax ans Social Security!!!!!

It's a great slogan tho,sounds like something from the student(singular) union tory party piss up.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #777 on June 13, 2024, 05:15:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Compared to previous Labour manifestos

https://x.com/edconwaysky/status/1801233554849886382?s=46

Compared to LibDem / Cons

https://x.com/edconwaysky/status/1801232841990083035?s=46

The Labour manifesto needs some serious fact-checking. Surely they are massively underestimating how much things cost?

How very small c conservative.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #778 on June 13, 2024, 05:25:53 pm by Ldr »

Very hypocritical, the other week you were saying people should only vote where they pay tax ans Social Security!!!!!

It's a great slogan tho,sounds like something from the student(singular) union tory party piss up.

Deliberately paraphrasing the American revolution Iberian. Yes people should only vote where they pay tax so expats should pay here to vote here, I’m been consistent there

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #779 on June 13, 2024, 05:32:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Doesn't this sum up the shite, childish attitude of our media to politics?

https://x.com/PippaCrerar/status/1801207591894147367

A generation of f**king w**k political journalists who think there job is to make politics into some sort of light entertainment cack.

And then complain when we get w**k entertainers for politicians.

And THEN complain when someone just tries to like... y'know...just competent at the job.

God knows I don't agree with everything Starmer has done and I DO think he is being too under ambitious.

But a boring, sober, steady hand will feel like the first step on the road back to a functional country after the play centre politics of the past decade.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012