Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 27, 2024, 09:18:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 39425 times)

Cramby10 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

albie

• Forum Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #930 on June 19, 2024, 05:28:00 pm by albie »
There is no good outcome with this muppet, Syd.

The fella is a billionaire who backed changing the law to make it easier to hire and fire workers, and wanted to slash the minimum wage for young workers.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/phones4u-billionaire-says-hell-leave-14580334
He is opposed to traditional Labour values in every respect.

Here is an explainer on the manifesto issue from someone who was responsible for one;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T28aFimDfBw

Labour is now to the right of Reform on the 2 child benefit cap.
Farage wants to abolish it, but Keith wants to keep it.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #931 on June 19, 2024, 05:52:07 pm by Sprotyrover »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cgeekd4nzvkt?page=2

Don’t often find myself agreeing with the SNP but Swinney is along the right lines here “ Decisions about Scotland should be made by people who live there” same for the whole of the UK really
That a real hypocrite speaking there (swinney), he wants to cast off the yoke of Westminster and replace it with the yoke of Brussels!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #932 on June 19, 2024, 05:54:48 pm by Filo »

The fella is a billionaire who backed changing the law to make it easier to hire and fire workers, and wanted to slash the minimum wage for young workers.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/phones4u-billionaire-says-hell-leave-14580334

Here is an explainer on the manifesto issue from someone who was responsible for one;

Reform wants to abolish benefits full stop

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #933 on June 19, 2024, 05:55:04 pm by danumdon »
Seems like Starmer and Reeves are now at odds on what constitutes a "working person"

Apparently Starmer believes a "working person" does not have any money set aside (as in savings)

What planet does this bloke live on?

Reeves, being the economic powerhouse she is by the way, suggested that a broader definition should include "pensioners and savers"

Looks like nothings going to change, if you just happen to be someone who has savings then god help us all.

The mask is already starting to slip.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2024, 05:57:12 pm by danumdon »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #934 on June 19, 2024, 05:57:01 pm by SydneyRover »

He's ''a muppet'' and yet you take his word, I can see quite clearly who the muppet is Albie.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #935 on June 19, 2024, 05:57:39 pm by Sprotyrover »
Oh by the way, certain posters keep harping on about the lack of handouts to the poor and needy of South Yorks since we had Brexit! We will hopefully see the extra £10 billion unaccounted for start to be lavished up here, having said that most posters on here are affluent enough to welcome a huge increase in their Tax burden and are quite cosy about it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #936 on June 19, 2024, 06:06:44 pm by SydneyRover »
Worst period of government ever ................. no kidding

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #937 on June 19, 2024, 06:39:58 pm by ravenrover »
So Hunt with silent C is recorded as saying he agrees with LetTruss financial policy

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #938 on June 19, 2024, 06:41:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So what's this about Labour's economic plans being no different than the Tories'?

Not according to 16 highly qualified and very eminent economists.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/19/labour-plan-end-economic-stagnation-uk-economists

Who you going to believe on the economics?

Owen Jones or three Nobel Prize winners?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #939 on June 19, 2024, 06:55:19 pm by i_ateallthepies »
You still going to vote Labour, Hound?

Hound?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #940 on June 19, 2024, 08:32:42 pm by drfchound »
Hard to believe that after years of accusing the Tory’s of lying it is somehow okay now for Labour to lie to get power and change policy when they win.

Oh dear,deary me.

They weren't accusations,they were facts.

Unbelievable that  people will not accept that.

So, let’s get this straight then.
Are you in favour of Labour saying something in their manifesto then after they win, changing their stance and doing the opposite.
In other words, deceiving some of the people who would have voted for them.
No bullshit answers about what has gone before, just answer my question.

Very telling that nobody on the left has yet bothered to answer this question from Hound!

Interesting, it raises all sorts of questions about honesty, morality and judgement.

Anyone?

Correct answer BST, glad to see that someone had the minerals to speak up.

I look forward to reading your assessment of Starmer and Labour if the situation arises. After all no one on here was slow to very rightly castigate a government that has done likewise in its dealings over the last 14 years including referendum outcome.

DD.

If Labour flagrantly do the opposite of any specific policy statement in their manifesto, I'll certainly call it out.

BST, I remember you telling us all recently that none of the Party’s would tell the electorate that they intended to raise taxes because it isn’t going to get them elected.
That is fair enough and I agree with the sentiment.
However, you did infer that it would be acceptable for them to change that once in power.
Several posters have mentioned this to you over the last few weeks but you have declined to comment.
Now you are saying that you will call out any action which is the opposite of policy statement.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #941 on June 19, 2024, 08:39:15 pm by SydneyRover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #942 on June 19, 2024, 10:17:39 pm by Sprotyrover »
So what's this about Labour's economic plans being no different than the Tories'?

Not according to 16 highly qualified and very eminent economists.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/article/2024/jun/19/labour-plan-end-economic-stagnation-uk-economists

Who you going to believe on the economics?

Owen Jones or three Nobel Prize winners?
I got a sneaking suspicion that the B of E will not be reducing interest rates until the late Summer if at all,
They will be very wary of any new Government, including the Tories!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #943 on June 20, 2024, 09:54:16 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Another Tory candidate caught for getting on the election date.

I'm wondering if the next scandal is going to be that there's loads of them bet that the Tories will get under 100 seats?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #944 on June 20, 2024, 10:37:46 am by TonySoprano »

Reform wants to abolish benefits full stop
Where have they said that ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #945 on June 20, 2024, 10:38:57 am by SydneyRover »
campaign director Tony Lee, 2 weeks out from election taking leave of absence .........

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #946 on June 20, 2024, 12:11:41 pm by selby »
  will you be coming back to the land of milk and honey Syd when your dreams come true?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #947 on June 20, 2024, 01:06:52 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
campaign director Tony Lee, 2 weeks out from election taking leave of absence .........

It turns out that he's the husband on the candidate being investigated for claims that she had a bet on what the date of the election would be!

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #948 on June 20, 2024, 01:11:42 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
This has to be the most insane election campaign ever by the Tories. I remember going out and actively supporting Labour in 1983 and I though that was bad, but this is just a different level!

Maybe though, there's a method to the Tories madness? The 1974 general election has been called the election that nobody really wanted to win, as the country was in such a god awful mess that neither Heath nor Wilson were confident that they could fix it. Maybe the Tories feel the same now?

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #949 on June 20, 2024, 01:57:09 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
This has to be the most insane election campaign ever by the Tories. I remember going out and actively supporting Labour in 1983 and I though that was bad, but this is just a different level!

Maybe though, there's a method to the Tories madness? The 1974 general election has been called the election that nobody really wanted to win, as the country was in such a god awful mess that neither Heath nor Wilson were confident that they could fix it. Maybe the Tories feel the same now?

Despite the supposed narrative of "standing firm", "fighting them on the beaches", "never surrender" as adopted by the Tory's and other right wingers, when the going gets tough, they leave like rats from the sinking ship. Conservatives are self centred, "for the individual", or is it just selfish? Anyway, self preservationists. The ones still there wearing the blue rosette are just treading water, looking lost, waiting for the total implosion and then the hope for the new mainstream build whether it's the Conservatives or Reform.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #950 on June 20, 2024, 01:58:27 pm by SydneyRover »
  will you be coming back to the land of milk and honey Syd when your dreams come true?

How come it's not like that for you selby?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2024, 02:00:39 pm by SydneyRover »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #952 on June 20, 2024, 02:49:10 pm by TonySoprano »
Becoming less likely ill vote tory by the day.
Absolutely no way I'll vote Labour in a million years, but Reform however look very appealing.

I think Redorm will be the big winners in this election, and I'm looking forward to seeing Nigel tear Starmer to pieces in the commons !  :lol:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #953 on June 20, 2024, 03:12:29 pm by SydneyRover »
Absolutely no way I'll vote Labour in a million years, but Reform however look very appealing.

I think Redorm will be the big winners in this election, and I'm looking forward to seeing Nigel tear Starmer to pieces in the commons !  :lol:

I think we worked that out before you did

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #954 on June 20, 2024, 03:14:31 pm by TonySoprano »

50/50 at the minute

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #955 on June 20, 2024, 03:17:51 pm by SydneyRover »

50/50 at the minute

go for it, the entertainment factor will be good value over the next few years

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #956 on June 20, 2024, 03:29:54 pm by ncRover »
Sounds like an interest rate cut will be coming in August. Lucky Starmer!

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #957 on June 20, 2024, 03:37:26 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Sounds like an interest rate cut will be coming in August. Lucky Starmer!
Quarter of a percent? That'll pee off Tory investers and pension investors. Though it may begin to move the housing market for them.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #958 on June 20, 2024, 03:41:48 pm by ncRover »
I am surprised nobody has mentioned this.

Reform's promises are looking incredibly unrealistic. Perhaps journalists should stop asking Farage about something he is strong on (immigration) and start to question him on the costing of his manifesto. If those voting for him are interested.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #959 on June 20, 2024, 03:53:44 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I am surprised nobody has mentioned this.

Reform's promises are looking incredibly unrealistic. Perhaps journalists should stop asking Farage about something he is strong on (immigration) and start to question him on the costing of his manifesto. If those voting for him are interested.

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=291466.msg1323177#msg1323177

That's Farage's strategy.

Lie, but lie with great confidence. And assume that half of those who support you are too thick to realise you're lying and the other half knows you are but will still support you anyway.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012