Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 09:36:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: General Election  (Read 40425 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: General Election
« Reply #690 on June 10, 2024, 07:34:14 pm by Sprotyrover »
It seems to be female opposition politicians you always get enraged  by DD.
I wonder why?

Nowt to do with sex fella, if their incompetent and useless then they will be called out on it.

Why do you always come across as a dirty, seedy old man?

I wonder why?

Stubbed your toe and touched a nerve perhaps?

Why do you come a cross as a such a mys
ah,forget it

Don't be shy now fella , lets hear what you have to say so we can all see what type of person you really are and how you think, lets all have our say, i'm quite sure most would agree with me about you and your seedy attitude.

If you like we could run a poll?

Are you looking for the cavalry to back you up lad?

Not at all, just calling you out as some weird old perv, shall we ask all your "mates" on here what they think about you?
Yep you are right about Pearly!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #691 on June 10, 2024, 07:37:46 pm by Iberian Red »
It seems to be female opposition politicians you always get enraged  by DD.
I wonder why?

Nowt to do with sex fella, if their incompetent and useless then they will be called out on it.

Why do you always come across as a dirty, seedy old man?

I wonder why?

Stubbed your toe and touched a nerve perhaps?

Why do you come a cross as a such a mys
ah,forget it

Don't be shy now fella , lets hear what you have to say so we can all see what type of person you really are and how you think, lets all have our say, i'm quite sure most would agree with me about you and your seedy attitude.

If you like we could run a poll?

Are you looking for the cavalry to back you up lad?

Not at all, just calling you out as some weird old perv, shall we ask all your "mates" on here what they think about you?
Yep you are right about Pearly!

Made me laugh also.
You keep some good company on here.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #692 on June 10, 2024, 08:43:49 pm by SydneyRover »
Labour announced a policy on free breakfast clubs for all kids. I like that, I'd love to send my kids but it's £5 each a day at our school which I refuse to pay for a slice of toast.  Cannot see how schools have space for it though.

I agree with you there pud 5 quid for a slice ofr dry toast ffs.

It was even worse than that, when asked repeatdly this morning the Shadow schools spokeswoman could not give an answer as to how many places would be provided in the scheme, also asked about how many kids are currently in public schools, did not have a Scooby, so no idea of the possibility of numbers to be catered and planned for in the state sector when they start to dismantle that system. When asked how they would pay for the additional staff required for the scheme same again did not even attempt to answer the question sensibly, saying something about some schools would provide it via teachers and others would require additional staff. Yea, teachers working extra hours for nothing (in who's world)

Sounds to me like something that's been quickly rushed out after being scribbled on the back of a fag pocket.

And this is current Labour policy? what have they been doing for 14 years except whinging constantly on a regular basis?

She made Diane Abbott sound like a PhD student.

I think pud is talking about the here and now rather than what is being offered in the future, by anyone. However a quick look shows maybe there is better value elsewhere

https://www.hawthorn.doncaster.sch.uk/parent-information/breakfast-club
« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 08:49:23 pm by SydneyRover »

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #693 on June 10, 2024, 09:02:06 pm by danumdon »
Labour announced a policy on free breakfast clubs for all kids. I like that, I'd love to send my kids but it's £5 each a day at our school which I refuse to pay for a slice of toast.  Cannot see how schools have space for it though.

I agree with you there pud 5 quid for a slice ofr dry toast ffs.

It was even worse than that, when asked repeatdly this morning the Shadow schools spokeswoman could not give an answer as to how many places would be provided in the scheme, also asked about how many kids are currently in public schools, did not have a Scooby, so no idea of the possibility of numbers to be catered and planned for in the state sector when they start to dismantle that system. When asked how they would pay for the additional staff required for the scheme same again did not even attempt to answer the question sensibly, saying something about some schools would provide it via teachers and others would require additional staff. Yea, teachers working extra hours for nothing (in who's world)

Sounds to me like something that's been quickly rushed out after being scribbled on the back of a fag pocket.

And this is current Labour policy? what have they been doing for 14 years except whinging constantly on a regular basis?

She made Diane Abbott sound like a PhD student.

I think pud is talking about the here and now rather than what is being offered in the future, by anyone. However a quick look shows maybe there is better value elsewhere

https://www.hawthorn.doncaster.sch.uk/parent-information/breakfast-club

That setup sounds fine, i think more schools should have a similar model, it would produce much more focused kids, ready for a days learning, which can only be a good thing in the longer term.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #694 on June 10, 2024, 09:07:04 pm by SydneyRover »
I think if you care to have a look plenty of schools offer better value, in fact I can't find one that does charge five quid, probably because it would defeat the object.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #695 on June 10, 2024, 09:17:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My kids' old primary school runs a Breakfast Club and charges a fiver.

But it's not a fiver for a slice of toast. You're paying for the supervision costs if you drop your kids off early because you've got to get to work.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #696 on June 10, 2024, 09:25:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here we go. Bravermann positioning herself for the coming dogfight.

https://x.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1800056816140718443

Excellent response here:

https://x.com/andrewhunterm/status/1800097201974350271

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #697 on June 10, 2024, 09:33:23 pm by BobG »
It's perfectly reasonable to suspect she's playing to an audience of one. If the Tories implode she'll need a new home. Maybe improving her career prospects, brown nosing as we call it, looks a sensible option.
BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #698 on June 10, 2024, 09:39:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
The Tories might lose 250 MPs. But after the Election, they'll still have 100,000 members and all the organisational structure that gives them.

It would be a very tempting thing for Farage to swallow. And there's Bravermann inviting him to do so.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #699 on June 10, 2024, 09:56:56 pm by Sprotyrover »
My kids' old primary school runs a Breakfast Club and charges a fiver.

But it's not a fiver for a slice of toast. You're paying for the supervision costs if you drop your kids off early because you've got to get to work.
[/quote
 That’s a valid  point!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #700 on June 11, 2024, 08:33:26 am by SydneyRover »
A snippet from the bbc .......

''Do the Conservatives' sums add up?

(hint - look at the economy) (me)

How are the Conservatives planning to fund their pledges? And do their plans add up?

Let's look at two examples.

Firstly, their plans to raise £6bn by closing the tax gap - that is, the tax that should be collected but isn't. Labour have a similar plan to raise about £5bn.

But it won't be easy, say experts. The Institute for Fiscal Studies says there's uncertainty around what's possible. Tax Policy Associates say it's credible, but careful targeting and management will be needed.

Then there's the bigger target; raising £12bn through welfare reforms. Some experts are unconvinced.

The IFS has said delivering the cuts "looks difficult in the extreme". The Resolution Foundation agrees - saying they "look extremely challenging to deliver".

It's useful context when thinking about the pledges made today. We'll know a lot more later about how the Conservatives plan to make the sums add up.

And if this sounds familiar – it is. Then-Chancellor George Osborne offered almost the exact same thing in 2015; £12bn welfare savings and £5bn extra tax collection.

A few years later, the spending watchdog made clear about a third of the welfare savings didn’t materialise.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #701 on June 11, 2024, 10:05:50 am by SydneyRover »
Looks like tory campaign ads will warn of a massive labour majority .............

'don't completely f**k it up as we did'

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #702 on June 11, 2024, 12:45:07 pm by BobG »
A big majority  is going to cause major problems for Starmer. Every Labour MP with an axe to grind will know that it will be perfectly safe for him/her to rebel without endangering anything. Splinter groups could easily form too. He's gonna need a stonkingly good Chief Whip....

BobG

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #703 on June 11, 2024, 01:12:08 pm by Mike_F »

I used breakfast and after school clubs for my oldest when he was Primary School age. Possibly the same school you're talking about. The cost was very reasonable for childcare in a safe, welcoming and professional setting. The light snack was a small part of the service.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #704 on June 11, 2024, 01:39:58 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Just heard about Nigel Farage in Barnsley. I wonder how many people that 'greeted him warmly' realise that he represents a party that is committed to eradicating their rights and cutting public services to fund huge tax cuts for the rich?

Quite worrying really.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #705 on June 11, 2024, 01:52:07 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
It's time for Labour to begin sharing what it is they're going to do to get the country out of the mess it's in now. They don't need to go on the offensive at the Tories too much now as they're doing a great job themselves of losing this election.

I think that they're launching their manifesto tomorrow so hopefully they should start being clear on what they're going to do.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #706 on June 11, 2024, 01:55:43 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

I used breakfast and after school clubs for my oldest when he was Primary School age. Possibly the same school you're talking about. The cost was very reasonable for childcare in a safe, welcoming and professional setting. The light snack was a small part of the service.

Might be the same school, not sure.  They recently outsourced it so it doubled in price unfortunately.  £2.50 a day was ok £5 each a day is just too much.  Thankfully I now work not too far from home so I just start late, no Biggie for me but is for others.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #707 on June 11, 2024, 03:21:37 pm by Padge_DRFC »
It's time for Labour to begin sharing what it is they're going to do to get the country out of the mess it's in now. They don't need to go on the offensive at the Tories too much now as they're doing a great job themselves of losing this election.

I think that they're launching their manifesto tomorrow so hopefully they should start being clear on what they're going to do.

That's all they've done so far. They're going to win by telling us all how bad the last 14 years have been. I think even Corbyn might have got a minority win if he was still here.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #708 on June 11, 2024, 03:41:46 pm by TonySoprano »
Just heard about Nigel Farage in Barnsley. I wonder how many people that 'greeted him warmly' realise that he represents a party that is committed to eradicating their rights and cutting public services to fund huge tax cuts for the rich?

Quite worrying really.
Absolutely bang out of order what that idiot did. Mind you he looked a "bit special" to say the least.

Tax cuts for the rich? Like what ?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #709 on June 11, 2024, 04:00:14 pm by SydneyRover »

That's all they've done so far. They're going to win by telling us all how bad the last 14 years have been. I think even Corbyn might have got a minority win if he was still here.

Which policies released so far do you disagree with Padge?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #710 on June 11, 2024, 04:07:42 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is a beauty from the Tories.

They have massively reduced spending per pupil in the state sector, and are now in the process of f**king up our Universities as part of their Culture War. But I guess some folk must swallow this.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #711 on June 11, 2024, 04:19:24 pm by Iberian Red »

Quite worrying really.
Absolutely bang out of order what that idiot did. Mind you he looked a "bit special" to say the least.

Tax cuts for the rich? Like what ?

Couldn't agree more TS,he did look a bit special.

Imagine being a bit 'special' enought ot go around Barnsley on an ope topped double-decker bus like he's won the Champions league.
It really does take someone a bit 'special' to have that type of 'a bit special' mentality.

Edit. Plus doffing a flat cap to look like one of those northern oiks or a 50 year plus football hooligan type.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 04:23:35 pm by Iberian Red »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #712 on June 11, 2024, 04:25:23 pm by SydneyRover »
Any word from our man in Barnsley?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #713 on June 11, 2024, 04:34:23 pm by Padge_DRFC »
The more these lunatics keep doing it the more people will vote for him.

Prats. You don't share the same views as mine so I'll chuck stuff at you.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #714 on June 11, 2024, 04:37:10 pm by SydneyRover »
Agreed Padge, no matter how obnoxious they are, they have the right to speak.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #715 on June 11, 2024, 06:05:12 pm by ncRover »

Well the Lib Dem manifesto is pretty bold with rejoining the single market and PR amongst other things. It probably won’t lie any further to the right than Labour’s manifesto on the economic spectrum either. Labour will have to set themselves apart somewhat.

Latest Sky / YouGov poll today

LAB 38% (-3),
CON 18% (-1),
RefUK 17% (+1),
LDEM 15% (+4),
GRN 8% (+1)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #716 on June 11, 2024, 07:46:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Well the Lib Dem manifesto is pretty bold with rejoining the single market and PR amongst other things. It probably won’t lie any further to the right than Labour’s manifesto on the economic spectrum either. Labour will have to set themselves apart somewhat.

Latest Sky / YouGov poll today

LAB 38% (-3),
CON 18% (-1),
RefUK 17% (+1),
LDEM 15% (+4),
GRN 8% (+1)

Projects them as the opposition too. Would love that.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #717 on June 11, 2024, 07:49:18 pm by BobG »
This, from one of the 20th century's most intelligent men, ought to give us all some pause for thought:

“If an opinion contrary to your own makes you angry, that is a sign that you are subconsciously aware of having no good reason for thinking as you do. The most savage controversies are those about matters as to which there is no good evidence either way. Persecution is used in theology, not in arithmetic, because in arithmetic there is knowledge, but in theology there is only opinion. So whenever you find yourself getting angry about a difference of opinion, be on your guard; you will probably find, on examination, that your belief is going beyond what the evidence warrants.”

- Bertrand Russell, An Outline of Intellectual Rubbish (1943)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #718 on June 11, 2024, 07:53:34 pm by BobG »
As should this...

"If Labour win this time, they'll change the rules so they're in power for a very long time,"says Rishi Sunak, whose party has:

- Rejigged electoral systems
- Changed seat boundaries
- Introduced Voter ID
- Raised election spending limits
- Extended voting overseas

Anyone care to wonder why all these were deemed more important than paying more attention to boats, to the finances of the nation, to global warming - amongst many, many other more important, and more urgent, things?

BobG

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #719 on June 11, 2024, 08:08:31 pm by Filo »
Abolish NI contributions for the self employed, would that be the same self employed that he threw under the bus during Covid?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012