Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 07:19:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Jordan Gibson  (Read 9650 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Jordan Gibson
« Reply #30 on May 27, 2024, 04:30:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Just replacing Sotona ??

And Jon Taylor ;)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 27, 2024, 04:31:15 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Molly on the plane home today so hopefully he is reporting to GM in the morning and signing up

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 27, 2024, 04:43:30 pm by Nudga »
What's this stuff about his dad liking a five knuckle shuffle?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on May 27, 2024, 04:55:32 pm by GazLaz »
Is numbers for the last three years have been really good. Not had time to look properly but last years in L1 were very very good. Carlisle shouldn’t have released him. That’s our gain.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 27, 2024, 04:57:55 pm by Jonathan »
Is numbers for the last three years have been really good. Not had time to look properly but last years in L1 were very very good. Carlisle shouldn’t have released him. That’s our gain.

This is what I like to hear.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 27, 2024, 05:02:09 pm by MachoMadness »
He says in his interview this has been in the works for a while. My guess is given the season Carlisle have had he just rejected them flat out early on, as he felt he had better on the table from us and a few other clubs.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 27, 2024, 05:19:20 pm by StocksArmy »
It might not be a case of replacing Haks and Moly; we may well be simply building a stronger squad.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on May 27, 2024, 05:22:16 pm by Petche »
He says in his interview this has been in the works for a while. My guess is given the season Carlisle have had he just rejected them flat out early on, as he felt he had better on the table from us and a few other clubs.

If that’s the case then it doesn't say a lot about his character. If the going gets tough is he up for the challenge?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 27, 2024, 05:25:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
An interesting signing as it automatically sends us all of on a wild goose chase on what’s happening with Haks/Mols! I’d like to think that he’s more of a Taylor replacement (that means I’m very much hoping), as to have Adelakun, Hurst, Molyneux and Gibson would be a terrifying prospect for most L2 teams next season. Obviously with 2 playing and 2 on the bench, chomping at the bit to get on. If only!

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 27, 2024, 05:26:34 pm by philsky »
An interesting signing as it automatically sends us all of on a wild goose chase on what’s happening with Haks/Mols! I’d like to think that he’s more of a Taylor replacement (that means I’m very much hoping), as to have Adelakun, Hurst, Molyneux and Gibson would be a terrifying prospect for most L2 teams next season. Obviously with 2 playing and 2 on the bench, chomping at the bit to get on. If only!

Im voting for Alan

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 27, 2024, 05:32:12 pm by drfcsteve »

If that’s the case then it doesn't say a lot about his character. If the going gets tough is he up for the challenge?

He was out of contract and has picked a team he’s judged to have a better chance of going up. I don’t know how we can make any judgment on his character from that. Seems like what any footballer would do.

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on May 27, 2024, 05:43:20 pm by ChrisBx »

Given that he seemingly put good performances in despite playing in a struggling team, you could argue that he is up for the challenge.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 27, 2024, 06:07:58 pm by ForsolongaRover »
It might not be a case of replacing Haks and Moly; we may well be simply building a stronger squad.

Agreed; Haks and Moly were given a deadline. Surely until that expires you would not be “replacing” either of them.

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 27, 2024, 06:16:24 pm by Upton Rover »
His dad has got swear f all to do with the lad playing football

Tiddysdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on May 27, 2024, 06:22:53 pm by Tiddysdad »
Not sure about him "personally" having just watched the interview. I can't remember a professional footballer referring to his new manager by his first name. I'm sure he said "Grant showed me some videos" wow attitude. The gaffer, the boss, the manager not by his first name. Wow. I'm hoping his football is as arrogant.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on May 27, 2024, 06:29:55 pm by selby »
  We have had a section set up for quite a while that looks at all the stats the background of players and attitude like most clubs now and do the analytical methods to assess players recommended to the club.
  Can't say we were particularly good at those things before, but we are up with it now, the club is moving forward as the game demands in more than one way, as the shop front advances (the first team) the foundation of the club and the back up has to move forward as well.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 27, 2024, 06:30:14 pm by Nudga »
His dad has got swear f all to do with the lad playing football

Well it kind of does doesn't it. Can't imagine it going down well with the club if his dad gets too involved with the fans at the ground and social media.
Also embarrassing for the lad about allegations/rumours of his dad's nocturnal activities becoming public knowledge.
Maybe his dad needs to back away and let the lad concentrate on his football.
I'm sure GM and his team will be aware of this and have assurances that Gibson senior won't be a problem.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 06:46:38 pm by Nudga »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 27, 2024, 06:40:43 pm by MachoMadness »

As others have said this is just what footballers do. Imagine it's happening right now with Biggins, Molyneux and Adelakun. If they think we're the best option for them they'll sign. If not, they won't. Nature of the beast.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 27, 2024, 06:45:44 pm by GazLaz »
I think we’ve found one here by the way. Really impressive the more I look. Direct, great dribbler, can win it back, good crosser, 0.4 xG + xA/90 in L1 which is great. Feels like a perfect GM winger.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 27, 2024, 06:48:25 pm by mushRTID »
I know you shouldn’t get too excited by highlights but he looks really, really good.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 27, 2024, 06:51:30 pm by mushRTID »
Jordan has said this on Twitter about his dad;

Also seen many things for many years and kept quiet so will say it once.
Not lived with my dad for about 22 years and not had massive amount of contact in that time.
Anything that’s said on any other account than this isn’t from myself or my own views

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 27, 2024, 06:57:56 pm by ChrisBx »
I think we’ve found one here by the way. Really impressive the more I look. Direct, great dribbler, can win it back, good crosser, 0.4 xG + xA/90 in L1 which is great. Feels like a perfect GM winger.

Sounds promising. We've tied him down for 3 years too which is another positive.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 27, 2024, 07:14:55 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Not overly worried about what happens if Moly or Haks stays or goes now. Yes if they go we need to add depth but this lad was doing well for a poor team the division above so is a very good signing.

Hurst is also a top talent so I won’t be panicking if Haks and Moly leave. If they stay were going to have some firepower

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 27, 2024, 07:19:32 pm by Chris Black come back »
Recruitment now vs last few summers.

As good a manager he is and as poor a budget he may have had, summer 2021 under Wellens was absolutely shocking for a professional club. 

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on May 27, 2024, 07:20:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

Now, I don't know whether the stats on Transfermarket are accurate, but it says last season he scored 7 goals and 3 assists. On face value, 3 assists for a 'winger' seems quite poor (albeit Carlisle were struggling)

I welcome him and trust McCann's judgement but, if he's to help us get promoted, we need a better return than that, don't you think?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 27, 2024, 07:20:58 pm by ncRover »

Better than Haks defensively ?

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on May 27, 2024, 07:23:34 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Now, I don't know whether the stats on Transfermarket are accurate, but it says last season he scored 7 goals and 3 assists. On face value, 3 assists for a 'winger' seems quite poor (albeit Carlisle were struggling)

I welcome him and trust McCann's judgement but, if he's to help us get promoted, we need a better return than that, don't you think?

Maybe their strikers on the end of everything were useless

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 27, 2024, 07:27:04 pm by Chris Black come back »

Better than Haks defensively ?

Probably fair to say defensive duties not a strength for Hakeeb.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 27, 2024, 07:28:51 pm by Jonathan »

Wasn’t he also their top scorer? Says a lot about what he had available to ‘assist.’ I’m feeling excited by this one the more I see. Also sad that he’s had to make that statement about his family and the abuse he gets. It can be a sad and cruel world we live in. Hopefully he can leave that one there, get lots of support from us and produce the goods over the coming seasons. Statistics say quite an astute addition.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on May 27, 2024, 07:58:10 pm by Iberian Red »

Is his dad Ronnie Robinson?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012