Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 10:56:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Haks and Biggo  (Read 9736 times)

Fal

• Forum Member
Haks and Biggo
« on May 28, 2024, 06:38:30 pm by Fal »
Both moving on and not signing new contracts, both confirmed by grant in his interview about Molyneux and also says we are close to signing another player to replace Tommy rowe!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Haks and Biggo
« Reply #1 on May 28, 2024, 06:41:23 pm by Jonathan »
That’s football. We move on.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 28, 2024, 06:44:19 pm by GazLaz »
Dodged a bullet with both.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 28, 2024, 06:44:34 pm by Cramby10 »
Where is this interview? Cannot see it on home page.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 28, 2024, 06:44:49 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
I know it’s a good problem to have but if Haks signed we’d have a job to play everyone. Rather spend the money on a keeper.

Biggins would be a squad player again. He might thin’ he’s better than that now

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 28, 2024, 06:46:07 pm by Fal »

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 28, 2024, 06:46:37 pm by andyst79 »
Think Haks will regret it , I wouldn't be surprised if Wrexham were in for him although someone on here mentioned America which as a life choice would be hard to turn down. As for Biggins I imagined we offered him something that him or his agent thought wasn't enough either in terms of salary or duration and as it's a short career feels he needs to get as much out of it in the short time he has left.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 28, 2024, 06:46:45 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Biggins had a decent 2 months towards the end but everyone forgets how poor he was for most of his time here.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 28, 2024, 06:49:37 pm by Jonathan »
Biggins has a decent knack of arriving late in the box and was okay in the air (attacking) but he’s not a particularly good footballer and we can replace him with a better player. Good luck to him.

Haks was a superb loanee and had an incredible run of form. That’s not easy to replace, but there were signs of him reverting to type (or at least what fans of his previous clubs said we were getting) towards the end. No reason why Jordan Gibson won’t be better over a whole season.

Onwards and upwards. 

belton rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 28, 2024, 06:50:40 pm by belton rover »
I would have been delighted if Haks had signed, but now I know he isn’t, I’m not too bothered. He was incredible during most of our great run but he did tail off somewhat. I suspect as a long term signing, he would be frustrating to watch as he dipped in and out of form.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 28, 2024, 06:51:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Biggins has a decent knack of arriving late in the box and was okay in the air (attacking) but he’s not a particularly good footballer and we can replace him with a better player. Good luck to him.

Haks was a superb loanee and had an incredible run of form. That’s not easy to replace, but there were signs of him reverting to type (or at least what fans of his previous clubs said we were getting) towards the end. No reason why Jordan Gibson won’t be better over a whole season.

Onwards and upwards. 

Gibson and Sbarra can both play 10 and are both technically a lot better than Biggins so we've upgraded there.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 28, 2024, 06:52:34 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Onwards and upwards. 

Fair points. I think adelakun would have been great here and I wonder if he's made the right choice. Of course we don't know where he's going or the finances involved.

Biggins as mentioned was pretty poor for nearly two years bar his knack for grabbing the odd goal. There definitely are better footballers about.

I'm disappointed adelakun isn't staying for sure, but he earnt himself a lot of options and was good for us.  Time will tell if he kicks on again or not.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 28, 2024, 06:55:29 pm by RoversInSpain »
Biggins had a decent 2 months towards the end but everyone forgets how poor he was for most of his time here.
No sleep lost with Biggins and no I hadn’t forgotten how absolutely average he was for a very long time.

Haks is a shame, though I think it’s his loss.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 28, 2024, 06:59:46 pm by PDX_Rover »
Biggins was ok. Came up with some great goals but was bang average until the last month or so of last season.

Haks obviously a mercurial talent, but as noted, he tailed off towards the end and was pretty poor in the playoff games. Clearly he’s got to be in the mood. Lincoln binned him for a reason.

Interesting to see IF both kick on…

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 28, 2024, 07:00:17 pm by Canadian Rover »
Never fall in love with a loan player.

I did. I'm now over it.

I think he'll regret his choice in the long term though.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on May 28, 2024, 07:01:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
I thought Hakeeb was one of the players in January who turned our season around, but the last 4/5 games of the season, he noticeably dropped off.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 28, 2024, 07:04:19 pm by adamtherover »
Luke for me was at minimal a 7 out of ten, even on a quiet day, haks was black or white, if he wasn't a star performer, he was a 4 at best.... So over the course of the season, mols will give you more...

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 28, 2024, 07:05:22 pm by Nudga »
I thought Hakeeb was one of the players in January who turned our season around, but the last 4/5 games of the season, he noticeably dropped off.

Not just that, his body language was terrible and he almost had a hissy fit away at Crewe over a smoke bomb on the pitch.

jmt23

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 28, 2024, 07:11:50 pm by jmt23 »
He did drop off, he ran himself ragged every game, and it eventually told, both in drop off of form, but also mood - he became visibly moody with players.
He was easy to love as a fan, all that effort and skill too.
He was definitely one of the catalysts to the run, I wonder if his effort and determination to win rubbed off in training and games. Players definitely became more confident with him in the side.

A shame he has decided to decline our offer, and I am interested to where he will go ( hopefully not league 2) but I am excited by what Gibson could be, he looks to have very similar traits.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on May 28, 2024, 07:13:12 pm by drfcsteve »
And he’s shit at penalties…

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 28, 2024, 07:13:38 pm by StocksArmy »
Can't help but think Haks hit his purple patch and then reverted back to being the reason why he has become a journeyman from the Colchester game onwards. Obviously I would have liked him to sign but only time will tell whether we will miss him and Biggins or not. Can see Haks signing for somebody like Bradford.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 28, 2024, 07:18:26 pm by Copps is Magic »
I'm very interested to see where Biggins is going. Not to be berty big bollox but he's not proven himself yet above our level.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 28, 2024, 07:24:25 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm very interested to see where Biggins is going. Not to be berty big bollox but he's not proven himself yet above our level.

He's not proven at this level in 22 of the 24 months he's been here.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 28, 2024, 07:31:07 pm by ncRover »

Feels like a lower Scottish Premier League kinda move

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on May 28, 2024, 07:51:38 pm by ChrisBx »
Good luck to both of them. Their contribution to our incredible end to this season will live long in the memory.

Moving on, I have full confidence that McCann will have suitable replacements lined up.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on May 28, 2024, 07:54:50 pm by Lesonthewest »

This

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on May 28, 2024, 07:56:34 pm by MachoMadness »
Adelakun obviously thrives under McCann and for that reason I think he'll be missed. Ran his blood to water every week and always looked likely to create something even on his off days. He is still replaceable though, and was unlikely to replicate some of his career best form over the course of a season. Will have been offered big wages as well.

Biggins is very replaceable. Suspect he was not in line for a starting spot next season - we always had to aim higher than him to be a team of champions.

Fal

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 28, 2024, 08:02:57 pm by Fal »
Never fall in love with a loan player.

I did. I'm now over it.

I think he'll regret his choice in the long term though.

You fall in love with them, they leave and eventually find out the grass wasn’t greener on the other side before they realise they miss it and want to come back.

Problem is? The other one moves on, in this case the club.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on May 28, 2024, 08:25:24 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Everyone loves a player who's a bit different, a flair player who's unpredictable and can turn matches in a blink of an eye.

Adelakun was that and maybe Gibson and/or Sbarra can be that too. At least we know McCann will encourage them.

Spilsby Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 28, 2024, 09:19:16 pm by Spilsby Red »
Haks asking for 5-6k

TinyPortal © 2005-2012