Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 08, 2024, 11:05:11 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Haks and Biggo  (Read 9738 times)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: Haks and Biggo
« Reply #30 on May 28, 2024, 09:20:49 pm by mushRTID »
Good luck to both.
Haks came in and did exactly what was needed of him.
Biggins limited and largely average but always gave his all and that’s all we can ask. Nobody can ever take that Barrow goal away from him and us. What a moment.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Ryaldinhio

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on May 28, 2024, 09:31:19 pm by Ryaldinhio »
Haks asking for 5-6k

Probably double what we were offering. Where has that come from?

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on May 28, 2024, 09:50:45 pm by 5minstogo »
Biggo wasn't offered a good contract, a short extension to his current terms so I can understand him moving on. Replaceable I would say. Haks obviously has his sights on a big pay day, will he enjoy his football as much? Probably not.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on May 28, 2024, 09:59:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Haks asking for 5-6k

Probably double what we were offering. Where has that come from?

Well, if 'his people' can get him that somewhere at the top end League One, good luck to him.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on May 28, 2024, 10:41:08 pm by grayx »
I thought Hakeeb was one of the players in January who turned our season around, but the last 4/5 games of the season, he noticeably dropped off.
My thoughts exactly.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on May 29, 2024, 02:17:21 am by Move DRFC »
Would not be surprised to see Adelakun struggle in his next move. He was epic for us and ran insanely hot, but history would say it was unlikely he'd carry that on next season. He'd have been playing for a move too. Gibson seems great and Sbarra sounds like an upgrade on Biggins. I think this may have worked out well.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on May 29, 2024, 07:23:23 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
Thanks to both. Wish them the best.

NEXT

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on May 29, 2024, 07:54:32 am by Donnywolf »
And he’s shit at penalties…

Agree but ironically had the screamer he put just over bar into North Stand been under the Bar we might never have found that out  :lol:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on May 29, 2024, 09:10:08 am by wing commander »
   He gave a interview with Liam half way through his loan and he was asked if he wanted to stay long term and he batted it back saying he leaves all that to his agent. I said at the time he had no real intention of staying unless we get to league 1. Rumours are Wrexham or the USA.
   Biggins was a good player for us in the back half of the season, I don't really count the first half as players were playing just to fill a team at times. However he certainly was the least important of the 3.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on May 29, 2024, 09:25:28 am by Reg of the Rovers »
I think Haks might live to regret this, his CV is pretty unimpressive - we are the one bright spot on his average career to date - and he's immediately jumped ship. He might earn a few more quid elsewhere but I'd guess he'll be back to benchwarming and zeroes in the 'goals' column.

brantonman

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on May 29, 2024, 09:29:42 am by brantonman »
Let’s remember loyalty is a rare commodity in players today and they are always looking for security but that isn’t always money.Good luck to both of them and Copps and Moly have shown a rare commodity in my eyes.That’s why the fans will always support such players through the harder times they endure

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on May 29, 2024, 09:59:27 am by Mike_F »
It's easy to say with hindsight but I agree the most important one of the three was Moly and he's committed to us long term at a time when he should be coming into the peak of his career. I've mentioned on a few other threads that any frustration I had with him in the early part of last season was caused by him being our only wide attacking threat and opposing teams knowing they could nullify us if they shut him down. Haks giving opponents something else to think about gave Luke more space to operate and I would hope that Gibson and Hurst will do the same sort of job.

Sbarra is an upgrade on Biggo so no sleep lost there. As others have said, Biggo was average at best for long spells. Popping up with occasional thunderbas**rd goals is all well and good but we need consistent high levels if we're going to go all out for the title.

Petche

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on May 29, 2024, 10:30:19 am by Petche »
I think Haks might live to regret this, his CV is pretty unimpressive - we are the one bright spot on his average career to date - and he's immediately jumped ship. He might earn a few more quid elsewhere but I'd guess he'll be back to benchwarming and zeroes in the 'goals' column.

Agreed and I know this might sound ridiculous but I think we've dodged a bullet.
There's absolutely no doubting the impact he had on the team when he first arrived but that form nosedive towards the end. Maybe burnt out? I don't know but he never had that sort of impact elsewhere?
We were as good for him as he was for us.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on May 29, 2024, 10:40:15 am by NickDRFC »

Agreed and I know this might sound ridiculous but I think we've dodged a bullet.
There's absolutely no doubting the impact he had on the team when he first arrived but that form nosedive towards the end. Maybe burnt out? I don't know but he never had that sort of impact elsewhere?
We were as good for him as he was for us.

I think a lot of these posts saying his form nosedived or similar are pretty unfair. He had 2 poor playoff games but in the final 6 league games he still got 3 goals and 3 assists, whereas in the 3 games beforehand he had “only” 3 goals. Some fall off!

His overall record and goal involvement was insanely good but the rest of his career suggests it was a Lingard or Almiron-esque purple patch. Moly was always the more important for me - he’s always busy and works hard even when the end result isn’t there.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on May 29, 2024, 10:46:10 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Haks was never ours so he's not jumped ship. He has no obligation to us, except we gave him the chance to shine. Once he's back in the shop window, then there was always the risk he wouldn't come on board if we didn't get promoted. Even then, I get the feeling he's more self focused and sees himself higher than League Two, and would be open to the highest bidders. He knows how football is. Hero to Zero in a short period and visa versa. 

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on May 29, 2024, 11:25:54 am by drfcsteve »
His form for us was nothing like anything previously in his career.

He scored 9 in 19 games for us, before that he’d scored 8 goals in 6 years. For Scunthorpe he got 16 goals in 139 games or about a goal every 8/9 games.

The evidence would suggest Grant and the team he played in were the reason he was good. It might “click” for him somewhere else but he’s a bit of a gamble.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on May 29, 2024, 01:10:03 pm by adamtherover »
One thing i noticed,   grant didnt thank them for their service, he didnt wish them the best going forwards,   im guessing hes a bit pissed, that maybe after putting them on show, possibly offering decent deals, they have decided to seek "better" elsewhere..?

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on May 29, 2024, 01:14:08 pm by Silkscarf »
We might get him back on loan at some point from wherever he ends up if it doesn’t click for him there and we need a boost. Maybe he’s more of a ‘gun for hire’ kind of player rather than slogging away over a whole season of highs and lows in form and results.

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on May 29, 2024, 02:11:58 pm by ForsolongaRover »
His form for us was nothing like anything previously in his career.

He scored 9 in 19 games for us, before that he’d scored 8 goals in 6 years. For Scunthorpe he got 16 goals in 139 games or about a goal every 8/9 games.

The evidence would suggest Grant and the team he played in were the reason he was good. It might “click” for him somewhere else but he’s a bit of a gamble.

Sustained selection and successful football was a reason why I suggested some time ago that he might stay because his time at Scunthorpe was the only previous period in his career during which he had been in that position. From aged 22 to being nearly 27, he was rarely playing regularly for any of the clubs he was with, all clubs with whom he signed long-term deals. He is taking a chance now and his talent is such that the team shape needs to be tailored to suit him if his particular abilities are to be effective. Added to that, his history might well deter any club giving him a long-term contract. If he had had serious offers already he probably wouldn’t have waited until the Rovers’ deadline expired. So that’s another chance he’s taking.

He is our loss, but will he be any other team’s gain?

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on May 29, 2024, 02:35:53 pm by normal rules »
Good luck to both. Haks at rovers was a square peg in a square hole. It may not be the same for him at another club. I wish him well though.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on May 29, 2024, 02:55:09 pm by Alan Southstand »
Both have had interest from L1 clubs!

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on May 29, 2024, 04:02:23 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Both have had interest from L1 clubs!

Biggins must have the best agent in the world.

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on May 29, 2024, 10:16:48 pm by Canadian Rover »
Over 27% of Hakeebs career goals came in that loan spell with us. I would have thought he would have loved to have played under Grant, Cliff, Coops and Glover again. More fool him I think.

LincolnDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on May 29, 2024, 10:34:13 pm by LincolnDonny »
There loss, not ours

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on May 30, 2024, 08:11:51 am by Metalmicky »

Arsenal Of The North

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on May 30, 2024, 08:14:07 am by Arsenal Of The North »
Over 27% of Hakeebs career goals came in that loan spell with us. I would have thought he would have loved to have played under Grant, Cliff, Coops and Glover again. More fool him I think.

Money talks and it could be the difference between half a million quid a year to go somewhere else or play with us.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on May 30, 2024, 09:32:20 am by idler »
If anybody wants to pay him the best part of 10,000 a week then they are welcome to him. I can’t see anybody paying that for him in wages,never mind that much more than our offer per week.

Ian Nimmo

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on May 30, 2024, 10:21:38 am by Ian Nimmo »
Seems like most people agree that whilst some would like both to have re-signed, the majority consider that it will be not a great loss, given the clubs current activity.
I liked both players, and was always looking for Harrison to perform like the last two months. He's a great striker of the ball and pretty good with his head too, so good luck to him for the future.
I just wonder what effect having Haks, in team, helped the likes of Harrison and some of the others to improve their own performances. We can't deny Haks was special and we were witnessing a very different approach, did this have any effect on the way Moly was approaching games etc?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on May 30, 2024, 10:36:08 am by drfchound »
Seems like most people agree that whilst some would like both to have re-signed, the majority consider that it will be not a great loss, given the clubs current activity.
I liked both players, and was always looking for Harrison to perform like the last two months. He's a great striker of the ball and pretty good with his head too, so good luck to him for the future.
I just wonder what effect having Haks, in team, helped the likes of Harrison and some of the others to improve their own performances. We can't deny Haks was special and we were witnessing a very different approach, did this have any effect on the way Moly was approaching games etc?

Without a doubt having Hacks in the team affected Moly’s performances.
Previously there had been too much emphasis on him to be the person who created the chances etc as well as having to do his bit helping out defensively.
When Hacks came into the team opposition had two very creative players to think about and that in itself would have created a different mindset for Mols.
He blossomed as a result.
Hopefully the new players coming in will continue to have the same effect.
With regards to Biggins, for me he came of age at the Grimsby away game.
That day he was outstanding and continued generally to be the same for the rest of the season.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 12:46:03 pm by drfchound »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on May 30, 2024, 10:55:24 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Without a doubt having Hacks in the team affected Moly’s performances.
Previously there had been too much emphasis on home to be the person who created the chances etc as well as having to do his bit helping out defensively.
When Hacks came into the team opposition had two very creative players to think about and that in itself would have created a different mindset for Mols.
He blossomed as a result.
Hopefully the new players coming in will continue to have the same effect.
With regards to Biggins, for me he came of age at the Grimsby away game.
That day he was outstanding and continued generally to be the same for the rest of the season.

Hopefully others in the team will have the same effect.  I'd really like to see Hurst given more game time for example, his output was as good if not better than Adelakun given he played a lot less minutes.  My only concern on that is that Adelakun added physical prescence and that's important in league 2.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012