Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 07:56:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Faiza Shaheen  (Read 2786 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Faiza Shaheen
« on May 29, 2024, 11:00:05 pm by Sprotyrover »
Looks like Labour having a purge ,clearing out far left ideologists like Faiza Shaheen been told she is not the Labour Candidate for Chingford and Woodford Green. Evidence of liking Pro Hamas tweets.
The Jewish Labour movement had picked up on some unsavoury tweets she ‘liked’
Claims she was breastfeeding the Baby and liked it by mistake as the baby was crying!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Faiza Shaheen
« Reply #1 on May 30, 2024, 12:27:47 am by Bristol Red Rover »
Don't know about Faiza, who has been a thorn in the Israeli Labour lobby for a long time, but Lloyd Russell-Moyle MP has been banned from standing following an accusation about something 8years ago. The timing is highly suspect. Not democracy, most definitely a dictatorship on its way to government. . https://twitter.com/lloyd_rm/status/1795863977961926933?t=LR-whaqUt_PLryIxMTV6sA&s=19

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on May 30, 2024, 06:36:01 am by wilts rover »
Looks like Labour having a purge ,clearing out far left ideologists like Faiza Shaheen been told she is not the Labour Candidate for Chingford and Woodford Green. Evidence of liking Pro Hamas tweets.
The Jewish Labour movement had picked up on some unsavoury tweets she ‘liked’
Claims she was breastfeeding the Baby and liked it by mistake as the baby was crying!

Where is this evidence of Saheen liking pro-Hamas tweets please Sproty?

As I am sure you must have seen it before saying it happened?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on May 30, 2024, 08:01:44 am by Ldr »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 30, 2024, 10:14:33 am by albie »

Shaheen was on Newsnight in a state of shock last night:
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1795942304567451648/pu/vid/avc1/1280x720/sjDN33dgCEwcjDPe.mp4?tag=12

Looks like the factional bias and Islamophobic racism is in full gear.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on May 30, 2024, 10:22:33 am by drfchound »
She appears to be quite shaken up doesn’t she.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on May 30, 2024, 10:35:44 am by MachoMadness »
Sproty and Labour seem like a match made in heaven, they both enjoy bullying women.

The Tweet in question she's supposedly been pulled for liking is a clip of Jon Stewart - a Jewish comedian - doing a skit on the Daily Show, a major US comedy news show. Meanwhile Labour have imposed Luke Akehurst - a hard right fixer and and actual lobbyist for Israel, as in he openly runs a pro-Israel lobby group - on the safest of safe seats in Durham, when he lives in Oxford. This is a guy who's said far more egregious things than Shaheen ever has, but because he's on the right team, it's alright. They're taking the piss.

Deeply uncomfortable watching a young mother on the verge of tears after being the victim of an organised, racist bullying campaign by the Labour leadership's faction. This is exactly the sort of thing that Johnson got rightly slaughtered for - jobs for the boys, with people put in place because of their loyalty to the leader rather than on merit, while everyone else gets purged. And it's all for no gain. Labour were likely going to win the seat, and they probably still will, because the Tories are done. It's just pointless cruelty by a faction of w**kers who are using the Tories' self-destruction as an excuse to settle scores. Are they going to run the country in the same way?

Swap one institutionally racist mob of bully boys for another on 4th July. Great.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 30, 2024, 10:40:34 am by albie »
Shaheen is being excluded for social media thumbs up to someone else's tweet reference.

The issue in question seems to be reference to the influence of the Israeli lobby, as though this is anyway in doubt.
Peter Oborne did a Dispatches documentary for Ch4 on this a few years ago;
https://youtu.be/5xcBKtOleKA

Essential viewing this is, because it deals with the Tories as well, and comes long before the current disputes.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:45:08 am by albie »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on May 30, 2024, 10:40:53 am by drfchound »

The Tweet in question she's supposedly been pulled for liking is a clip of Jon Stewart - a Jewish comedian - doing a skit on the Daily Show, a major US comedy news show. Meanwhile Labour have imposed Luke Akehurst - a hard right fixer and and actual lobbyist for Israel, as in he openly runs a pro-Israel lobby group - on the safest of safe seats in Durham, when he lives in Oxford. This is a guy who's said far more egregious things than Shaheen ever has, but because he's on the right team, it's alright. They're taking the piss.

Deeply uncomfortable watching a young mother on the verge of tears after being the victim of an organised, racist bullying campaign by the Labour leadership's faction. This is exactly the sort of thing that Johnson got rightly slaughtered for - jobs for the boys, with people put in place because of their loyalty to the leader rather than on merit, while everyone else gets purged. And it's all for no gain. Labour were likely going to win the seat, and they probably still will, because the Tories are done. It's just pointless cruelty by a faction of w**kers who are using the Tories' self-destruction as an excuse to settle scores. Are they going to run the country in the same way?

Swap one institutionally racist mob of bully boys for another on 4th July. Great.

Interesting to read that post from you MM.
I guessing that your views will be greatly opposed by hard line Labour supporters on here but there does appear to be bullying going on.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 30, 2024, 10:44:32 am by Sprotyrover »
Sproty and Labour seem like a match made in heaven, they both enjoy bullying women.

Kindly evidence your allegation or make an apology, when have I ever bullied women, I think you and you little band of knobs are starting to believe their own hysteria and fiction, I am supposedly A Mysogynistic ,Xenophobic Dogger according to the idiots you clearly run with!
What have I done by making this post to attract such a disgusting vitriolic, lying, deceitful reply from the likes of You?
time for a humble apology from you MM!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 10:54:16 am by Sprotyrover »

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on May 30, 2024, 10:55:27 am by MachoMadness »
Are you the same sproty who's spent months frothing at the mouth about Angela Rayner? And calling working class women "estate tart"?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 30, 2024, 10:56:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Shaheen is being excluded for social media thumbs up to someone else's tweet reference.

The issue in question seems to be reference to the influence of the Israeli lobby, as though this is anyway in doubt.

Essential viewing this is, because it deals with the Tories as well, and comes long before the current disputes.

That's an interesting area all round.  Can you be excluded/disciplined for liking 1 tweet?  Questionable surely?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 30, 2024, 11:53:13 am by Sprotyrover »
Are you the same sproty who's spent months frothing at the mouth about Angela Rayner? And calling working class women "estate tart"?
When Have I called working class women! I referred to folks abusing our Benefits system, Angela Rayner deserves all she gets, when you start calling folks scumbags you need to make sure your own past is squeaky clean, Rayner must idolise Margaret Thather as she took advantage of the Tory right to buy scheme, like a true Capitalist!

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 30, 2024, 01:01:40 pm by MachoMadness »

That's an interesting area all round.  Can you be excluded/disciplined for liking 1 tweet?  Questionable surely?

If Labour wants to enforce that policy, then fine. If they were enforcing it equally, people might disagree but ultimately couldn't really complain. The problem is this is being used to unfairly target leftwingers, disproportionately from minority backgrounds, while others don't get the same treatment.

Google Neil Coyle for example. The guy racially abuses a journalist and has a complaint of sexual harassment upheld against him. He gets the whip suspended for a few months, then quietly restored. He's standing as a candidate, no questions asked. Meanwhile Diane Abbott writes something clumsy and stupid in an article, immediately apologises, undergoes antisemitism training, and jumps through every hoop that's asked of her, but is left in limbo for over a year, only gets the whip back after Newsnight breaks the story, then is put back in limbo while Labour decides to bar her from standing or not. Faiza Shaheen likes a few fairly innocuous Tweets, some from a decade ago, and gets pulled before she's even informed. It's textbook discrimination, clearly intended to humiliate the individuals involved and deter others.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 30, 2024, 01:58:22 pm by ncRover »
https://x.com/faizashaheen/status/1098636146949701632?s=46

Seems a few people of Asian origin took issue with this at the time

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 30, 2024, 02:15:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Labour have totally lost the plot over this issue.

If COURSE Abbott must be allowed to stand.

Of COURSE Shaheen must be allowed to stand.

I've written to my local CLP telling them I'm resigning my membership if they go through with this. Not much really, but I can't do any more.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on May 30, 2024, 02:21:43 pm by Ldr »

I've written to my local CLP telling them I'm resigning my membership if they go through with this. Not much really, but I can't do any more.

Admire your principles Billy

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on May 30, 2024, 02:31:29 pm by albie »
Shaheen now taking legal advice, this may end up in the courts.

Ex Labour MP Chris Mullin gives his view on the Labour selection fiasco;
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/30/labour-diane-abbott-candidate-selections-general-election

Mullin was the author of the TV drama series "A very British Coup" some years ago.
Well worth looking back at it now;
https://www.channel4.com/programmes/a-very-british-coup/on-demand/1867-001

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 30, 2024, 02:48:22 pm by MachoMadness »

Got to applaud this. Admirable.

I actually cannot believe they've allowed the news cycle for the past 2 days to be dominated by this. It's completely taken the heat off Sunak and his shambles of a campaign. And it's entirely self-inflicted by the Labour Party. Reminds me of that bit in The Simpsons where Sideshow Bob is constantly stepping on rakes, but the rakes have all been left there by the Labour leadership.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 30, 2024, 02:48:28 pm by Mike_F »
Labour are taking what should be a routine steamroller of a victory and turning it into an exercise in proving those who say "They're all the bloody same" right.

I know I'm somewhat biased but I really believe that the LDs are the party speaking most sense at the moment when I look at it from my centre-left perspective. We're probably the closest thing to the Labour Party of John Smith in UK politics right now. Unfortunately, Ed Davy's initial reluctance to act on the Horizon scandal is being weaponised against him. I don't actually think he's a particularly strong leader but at least with his life experience as an unpaid carer he's in touch with some of the real issues in society.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on May 30, 2024, 02:51:08 pm by tommy toes »
Starmer is scared to death of upsetting the Jewishcommunity. He’s taken this to the Nth degree and is almost paranoid in his attempts to root out even the tiniest hint of antisemitism.
Not a good look, especially with public opinion as it is.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 30, 2024, 03:02:31 pm by albie »
Israeli money financed his leadership bid Tommy.

That is why he would not declare who his sponsors were until he had to file the detail.
The other candidates all gave their sponsors early on.

Funding from Israel linked sources goes into both parties, and to individual politicians for their office costs etc.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on May 30, 2024, 03:10:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Starmer is scared to death of upsetting the Jewishcommunity. He’s taken this to the Nth degree and is almost paranoid in his attempts to root out even the tiniest hint of antisemitism.

I entirely understood the hard nosed logic behind Starmer putting clear water between himself and Corbyn.

Whatever you think of Corbyn, he was electoral poison. Favourability poll figures the lowest ever seen in a major party leader. Starmer had to isolate Corbyn, and Corbyn gave him the means of doing it by his stupid response to the anti-Semitism report.

But this is now totally out of control. They are hoying out people who have done very, very little if anything wrong. And there's not even the fig leaf of needing to do it for hard headed electoral numbers reasons. That job has been done.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on May 30, 2024, 03:51:19 pm by SydneyRover »

I entirely understood the hard nosed logic behind Starmer putting clear water between himself and Corbyn.

Whatever you think of Corbyn, he was electoral poison. Favourability poll figures the lowest ever seen in a major party leader. Starmer had to isolate Corbyn, and Corbyn gave him the means of doing it by his stupid response to the anti-Semitism report.

But this is now totally out of control. They are hoying out people who have done very, very little if anything wrong. And there's not even the fig leaf of needing to do it for hard headed electoral numbers reasons. That job has been done.

Let's hope that those that have done similar to yourself will have an effect bst.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on May 30, 2024, 03:59:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Labour are taking what should be a routine steamroller of a victory and turning it into an exercise in proving those who say "They're all the bloody same" right.

I know I'm somewhat biased but I really believe that the LDs are the party speaking most sense at the moment when I look at it from my centre-left perspective. We're probably the closest thing to the Labour Party of John Smith in UK politics right now. Unfortunately, Ed Davy's initial reluctance to act on the Horizon scandal is being weaponised against him. I don't actually think he's a particularly strong leader but at least with his life experience as an unpaid carer he's in touch with some of the real issues in society.

I'm really intrigued as to what the LD's will say Mike in terms of a full set of policies.  I voted for the LD candidate in the SY mayoral election as the points made were all quite sensible I thought.

It's staggering they're allowing something like this to be felt so strongly by people like yourself but overall it makes Starmer look a weak leader and that could be a problem for him.  It's certainly playing up to the criticisms Starmer has had form the labour left.  He's done a brilliant job keeping the various parts of labour together but he's at risk of blowing that away somewhat with these moves.  If he moves too far how long until another left wing party comes and parks on that vacated space (somewhat like Reform/UKIP etc).

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on May 30, 2024, 04:09:31 pm by danumdon »
When you look at this from a far its quite clear that this motion has been in place for quite a while now.

The Starmer right have been inserting placemen into every bye election for the last couple of years, this is just an extension on that same theme, to the dismay of local party members.

Nothing wrong in this in itself is that's Starmer's policy to rinse the party of any left wing competition but the cack handed way it's being dealt with is astonishing, especially at at time like this.

Did Labour get caught out by the timing of the election before he'd completed his purge?

I know i was talking about PR and how the parties could become smaller sub parties of their former self but this looks like Starmer has jumped the gun!

BST, i admire your principled stance against this seemingly self inflicted attack on a large proportion of the Labour party,and i hope for your sake you don't have to carry it through. Genuinely.

Who's next, Raynor for speaking out? punishment beatings for any dissent?

Almost Stalinist in its implementation, Dictators all over the world will be looking in with interest.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on May 30, 2024, 04:18:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks DD. Genuinely appreciated.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on May 30, 2024, 05:17:21 pm by drfchound »

BST, I admire your stance in threatening to resign if the LP go through with the banning of Abbott and Shaheen but I genuinely wonder whether your threat will mean anything to them.
That isn’t me being disrespectful to you, but is a thought only.
I suppose that if enough people resigned it might resonate a bit more with them.
You are a fully committed Party member but the general public at large won’t know or care about things like this and I’m guessing that they (the LP) won’t care too much about losing a few members if it doesn’t seriously affect the big lead in the polls.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on May 30, 2024, 06:04:10 pm by wilts rover »
Hi Wilts, don’t know the background to this but it’s getting picked up now

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/faiza-shaheen-labour-iain-duncan-smith-national-executive-committee-chingford-b2553576.html

Thanks Ldr. I don't follow this lady so don't know what she tweets but I had seen the allegations last night about her being suspended because she has been critical of this Israel government (and critical of people who support the stance of this Israeli government).

Not until sproty started this thread did I ever read anywhere she has supported Hamas and/or 'liked Pro-Hamas tweets'.

The lack of evidence sproty has given to support his allegation therefore makes me conclude...

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on May 30, 2024, 06:26:01 pm by Sprotyrover »
Hi Wilts, don’t know the background to this but it’s getting picked up now

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/faiza-shaheen-labour-iain-duncan-smith-national-executive-committee-chingford-b2553576.html

Thanks Ldr. I don't follow this lady so don't know what she tweets but I had seen the allegations last night about her being suspended because she has been critical of this Israel government (and critical of people who support the stance of this Israeli government).

Not until sproty started this thread did I ever read anywhere she has supported Hamas and/or 'liked Pro-Hamas tweets'.

The lack of evidence sproty has given to support his allegation therefore makes me conclude...
Wilts sorry to disappoint you , my evidence was taken from her newsnight interview, honestly I don’t know why you are trying to make an issue of my OP I assume you are another Woke lefty on a ‘Fishing’ Expedition!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012