Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:08:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Who will you vote for in the 2024 GE?

Labour
48 (52.7%)
Conservative
6 (6.6%)
Lib Dem
6 (6.6%)
Green
8 (8.8%)
Reform
19 (20.9%)
Other
4 (4.4%)

Total Members Voted: 91

Voting closes: July 04, 2024, 12:05:06 pm

Author Topic: Viking Site Opinion Poll  (Read 7317 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Viking Site Opinion Poll
« Reply #30 on June 05, 2024, 02:00:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m looking at Reform’s manifesto and there’s quite a lot that needs costing

What, like air raid shelters?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 05, 2024, 11:03:46 pm by danumdon »
I know this is not a properly constructed poll, and it lives in a South Yorkshire fourth tier football clubs off topic section, but I'm really surprised at the percentage of the vote for Reform.

We know this won't be worrying Labour HQ any time soon, but if that's a rough estimate of what people are thinking, then this election could be very illuminating for some and give others sleepless nights.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 05, 2024, 11:16:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Absolutely. To say this is an area where a Lesser Spotted Dogfish would be elected if it sported a red rose, it's quite surprising, to say the least.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 05, 2024, 11:50:47 pm by River Don »
It looks like right-wingers in the red wall are disillusioned with the Tories.

Not many of Johnsons promises have been delivered, immigration, levelling up. So it's perhaps not surprising they might turn to Farage now?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 06, 2024, 12:01:35 am by Bentley Bullet »
Although Farage is the most popular politician in the country, it's still surprising he's in second position on this South Yorkshire fourth-tier football club's off-topic section.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 06, 2024, 12:02:45 am by Bentley Bullet »
20% of the vote now!

Labour 35 (53.8%)
Reform 13 (20%)
Green 6 (9.2%)
Conservative 4 (6.2%)
Lib Dem 4 (6.2%)
Other 3 (4.6%)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 12:16:33 am by Bentley Bullet »

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 06, 2024, 07:34:49 am by Padge_DRFC »
Reform will finish 2nd all over I think. Pretty much UKIP the time they got 4 million votes but no seats.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 06, 2024, 07:52:53 am by DonnyOsmond »
Nice quiz if anyone's interested, may help you decide.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 06, 2024, 07:54:47 am by River Don »
The popularity of Reform is more confined to the rust belt areas. The red wall, the Essex seaside.

The more traditional Tory voter iis less impressed with them and more likely to protest with a liberal vote.

My guess is we'll see the rightwing vote cut in two.

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 06, 2024, 08:12:38 am by Herbert Anchovy »
How can anyone decide to vote for Reform when nobody knows what they stand for on anything expect immigration? At least with the other parties you can make an educated guess what their policies are based on experience. What's Reforms view on NHS, Economy, Public Services, Education etc..etc..

All Reform are talking about is immigration!

Actually, maybe I've answered my own question...

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 06, 2024, 08:15:41 am by Herbert Anchovy »
The popularity of Reform is more confined to the rust belt areas. The red wall, the Essex seaside.

The more traditional Tory voter iis less impressed with them and more likely to protest with a liberal vote.

My guess is we'll see the rightwing vote cut in two.

In my part of the South a lot seem to be moving to Labour and to a lesser extent Reform. I suspect we'll see Labour gain quite a few seats around here and then a straight fight between Tories and Reform for second. Not that it matters too much who comes second in terms of power. It's incredible to think that this was a staunch Tory seat when I first moved here.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 06, 2024, 08:59:09 am by normal rules »
How can anyone decide to vote for Reform when nobody knows what they stand for on anything expect immigration? At least with the other parties you can make an educated guess what their policies are based on experience. What's Reforms view on NHS, Economy, Public Services, Education etc..etc..

They have a pretty clear manifesto if you look for it . Which covers most major topics .

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 06, 2024, 09:31:37 am by Herbert Anchovy »

They have a pretty clear manifesto if you look for it . Which covers most major topics .

Thanks Normal... I found some high level statements and populist soundbites but didn't realise they'd launched their manifesto. I'll have a look at that later.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 06, 2024, 09:51:12 am by Mike_F »
Nice quiz if anyone's interested, may help you decide.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Interesting for me. I got the following:

76% SDP
74% Labour
74% Women's Equality
74% Rejoin EU
72% Green
71% Liberal Party
70% Lib Dem

and bringing up the rear:

51% Tory
47% Reclaim
43% UKIP
41% Reform

No shocks at the bottom end but a slight surprise at the top. The OG version of the SDP founded by the Gang of Four I would've expected to identify with but not so much the current bunch.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 06, 2024, 10:30:42 am by TonySoprano »

Try Google, it's quite new, but it's catching on.
There you can search and find all kinds of information, including the reform manifesto.

Great this modern tech !

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 06, 2024, 10:44:08 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Just been looking at the Reform manifesto.

I got as far as this.

"CO2 is essential for photosynthesis to enable plant growth. CO2 only represents 0.04% of the atmosphere; the average garden greenhouse has 3 times more!"

See, what gets me is this. Reform voters take offence at being called thick. But di they ever stop to think what the Reform leaders think about them?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 06, 2024, 10:49:12 am by ncRover »
I’m voting Liberal Democrats.

I’m in a blue wall seat - Haltemprice and Howden. I feel like they can do pretty well here and it’s they who have come the closest to beating David Davis, nearly doing so in 2001.

People might say it’s a wishy washy vote but they are more ideologically consistent than the two main parties and they align with me the most really.

I just think they need to get behind nuclear energy more.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 11:00:31 am by ncRover »

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 06, 2024, 11:00:18 am by TonySoprano »

I got as far as this.

"CO2 is essential for photosynthesis to enable plant growth. CO2 only represents 0.04% of the atmosphere; the average garden greenhouse has 3 times more!"

See, what gets me is this. Reform voters take offence at being called thick. But di they ever stop to think what the Reform leaders think about them?
So you've taken a small quote out of context ?
A quote you can't even disprove

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 06, 2024, 11:11:25 am by Herbert Anchovy »

Try Google, it's quite new, but it's catching on.
There you can search and find all kinds of information, including the reform manifesto.

Great this modern tech !

Great, thanks Tony

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 06, 2024, 11:16:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »

I got as far as this.

Nothing out of context. It's all they say on the subject of quantity of CO2 in the atmosphere.

It's designed to belittle the issue for people too thick to understand data.

"0.04%? That's tiny! How can that do damage. I don't die when I go in a greenhouse. If they ban CO2, won't plants die?"

If it's not meant to elect those reactions, what IS it meant for?

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 06, 2024, 11:50:17 am by ncRover »
Tories now last in this poll

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 06, 2024, 11:58:26 am by Mike_F »
Has anyone else done the quiz thing? I'd be really interested to know if it makes anyone reconsider their voting preference.

If you were planning to vote for a party but you only had 50% preference in common with their manifesto would that sway you?

For the record, although they're not my most ideologically aligned I'm sticking with the Lib Dems as I'm in a position in my local party in which I would hope to influence policy from within rather than jump ship to someone else whenever there's a small variance. Had the party ranked much further down the list I would be seriously considering looking into the alternatives in more detail.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 06, 2024, 01:22:58 pm by ncRover »
Has anyone else done the quiz thing? I'd be really interested to know if it makes anyone reconsider their voting preference.

If you were planning to vote for a party but you only had 50% preference in common with their manifesto would that sway you?

For the record, although they're not my most ideologically aligned I'm sticking with the Lib Dems as I'm in a position in my local party in which I would hope to influence policy from within rather than jump ship to someone else whenever there's a small variance. Had the party ranked much further down the list I would be seriously considering looking into the alternatives in more detail.

These quizzes only really go skin-deep. It’s a starting point but you need to work out the tradeoffs and practicalities yourself.

There’s a lot to get through from “the Green Party shares some of my concerns” to “the Green Party is a serious party that could run the country”.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 06, 2024, 01:23:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
More stuff from the RefUK(*) manifesto.

They plan to give 20% tax refunds to all payments on private education and private healthcare.

Just so you know what you are voting for lads, eh?

(*) Got to admire them choosing this name. They f**ked the UK with Brexit and now they are back to RefUK it. Hiding in plain sight, they are.

danumdon

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 06, 2024, 01:45:07 pm by danumdon »

After going through the quiz and seeing some of the results from certain ways questions were answered my thoughts were.

Its a pity we don't have some sort of basic psychometric test before the electorate cast their vote.

Nothing to complex or time consuming but a quick 20 question scheme that could identify the voters personal ideals. Take personalities and influencers out of the equation.

I think we have far to many people who vote a certain way because they think they should do so or are told to do so by their peers, MSM, social media, personalities and influencers.

Some of the people i have spoken to give me the distinct impression that they follow the crowd or feel they have to go a certain way to conform because it was implied on their favourite social media!

Would it not be better for people to vote for what they objectively want rather than what's subtly suggested for them?

Would be very interesting to see what sort of results developed.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 06, 2024, 01:56:08 pm by TonySoprano »

I got as far as this.

Nothing out of context. It's all they say on the subject of quantity of CO2 in the atmosphere.

"0.04%? That's tiny! How can that do damage. I don't die when I go in a greenhouse. If they ban CO2, won't plants die?"

It's completely out of context out of the whole section they have on the environment.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 06, 2024, 02:04:43 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Reform will also get a lot of votes because people are sick to death of the high horse your view isn't the same as mine crying left wing lunatics. Which exist on this forum too. Brexit happened because half the voters who voted it weren't passionate on Brexit they did it to stick 2 fingers up at those sort of people

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 06, 2024, 02:05:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I got as far as this.

It's completely out of context out of the whole section they have on the environment.

Go on then. Why do you think they've put that specific text in there?

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 06, 2024, 02:27:24 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Vote for the strongest party that isn't Tory in your constituency.

I've done the quiz answering all bar one of the questions (the one at the end asking which candidate in Denby Dale you would vote for, don't know who is who), my results were:

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 06, 2024, 03:41:49 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Reform will also get a lot of votes because people are sick to death of the high horse your view isn't the same as mine crying left wing lunatics. Which exist on this forum too. Brexit happened because half the voters who voted it weren't passionate on Brexit they did it to stick 2 fingers up at those sort of people

If people's voting patterns are based on who's p*ssed them off as opposed to the policies of the parties then they're fools.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012