Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 04, 2024, 11:04:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gareth Southgate  (Read 19392 times)

MachoMadness, Belle_Vue and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
Re: Gareth Southgate
« Reply #180 on June 20, 2024, 09:44:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Kane even said there was confusion about who was pressing when or something like that.

The day and age of parking the bus has long gone. That’s why Jose is managing in Turkey not Madrid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on June 20, 2024, 09:47:18 pm by Butchers Red »
Sack him now.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #182 on June 20, 2024, 10:01:16 pm by Little Wolf »
1st world cup only 13 teams played the rest of the countries thought it was a mickey mouse cup and declined to take part

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #183 on June 22, 2024, 10:59:27 am by ncRover »
Luke Shaw a doubt for the whole tournament now.

Taking only 1 unfit and injury prone left back is playing out as expected… another Southgate masterstroke.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on June 22, 2024, 01:50:38 pm by Campsall rover »
Luke Shaw a doubt for the whole tournament now.

Taking only 1 unfit and injury prone left back is playing out as expected… another Southgate masterstroke.
This was madness. We have 58 million people in England and he couldn’t find another left back to take to the Euro’s.
He refuses to bring on Gordon who plays on the left.
He leaves Grealish twiddling his thumbs at home, a player who takes people on and wins free kicks on the edge of the box.
He says we have no one to play like Calvin Philips and he leaves him at home.

Someone please tell me whether GS has lost the plot or not.
I have backed Southgate time after time after time when others have said get rid.

Well after what I am watching and seeing with my perfectly decent eyes ( yes I do need specs ) then GS has imo completely lost the plot and I am not sure if he is losing the players belief in what he is saying to them.

Let’s see if he proves me wrong in the next game on at least some of my observations.
I dearly hope he does but I am fearing the worst.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #185 on June 22, 2024, 04:09:12 pm by Little Wolf »
I have no idea how he got the job in the first place, the fa really have to take the blame, blessed with the best players on the planet and he has got no idea , why has a middlesborough manager who was always average got the england managers job,

Wow, just seen this post.

Absolute nutter.

Nice to be called a nutter about an absolute idiot who has no clue about football , i could pick 11 players tell them to play in the same position as they play for their club ask them them try hard hard and enjoy themselve and they would win most games,

« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 04:13:19 pm by Little Wolf »

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 23, 2024, 11:34:59 am by Metalmicky »
The fact that Southgate feels the issue is that we have no replacement for Phillips shows how incredibly limited he is as a manager...... Instead of finding a system that works best for the players he has at his disposal, he’s trying to shoehorn the players into the system he wants to play.  I'm hoping that the players speak up and tell Southgate that they can't play with their collective hands tied...  If they are allowed to play the attacking game that they are able to, then if we get beaten, at least it will be an entertaining watch... 

We are rapidly turning into the international equivalent of a 1990's Arsenal...

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on June 23, 2024, 12:24:51 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Other than Guehi I don’t think any of our starting 11 are used to playing a low block and soaking up pressure. They all play for teams who go 1-0 up and think they need to make it 3-0 to put it to bed.

Must be a hard shift when you know you’re better than the opposition.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on June 23, 2024, 11:39:15 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I knew nothing about Ghehi before the tournament started.

But then again, apart from watching MOTD on play back I don’t follow Premiership football anymore.

When I see Foden play for City I think he is the most exiting English player I’ve seen since Rashford burst on to the scene (a player who in my humble opinion should be in this squad) but after these first two games I’m thinking ‘Is it down to the player or the manager’ as to why Foden hasn’t torn two poor European sides defences apart or at least got on the scoresheet?

John Stones looks like a Beckenbauer when he plays in that City team. For England he looks like he’s just played his first two games at International level.

Harry Kane. Surely he’ll relish getting onto the balls played into the box from Saka? Not happened.

Declan Rice. Not seen him on one foraging run into the opposing half yet. Arsenal paid a Kings ransom for him because he does exactly that for them.

Jude Bellingham. ‘Schooled’ in Europe’s best academy’s in Germany & now a ‘star’ & Champion’s League winner with Real Madrid. Totally oblivious against Denmark.

And don’t get me started with how much this squad has been undermined by the loss of Kalvin effing Phillips!

Over to you then Gareth. We wait with baited breath.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 24, 2024, 01:17:52 pm by dickos1 »
Lots of this is the typical negative reaction we get in every tournament,
Euro 2020 our second game was poor and we drew 0-0 with Scotland but then went on and reached the final, the last World Cup our second game was poor and we drew 0-0 with USA but went on to reach the quarters and being v unlucky to lose to probably the best team in the world.
This year we’ve been poor in our second game and drawn 1-1 with Denmark.
Every team has games in tournaments when they don’t perform, Germany last night, France in both games so far, Italy the other night etc etc

In the box

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on June 25, 2024, 04:28:05 pm by In the box »
England are just afraid to loose ..

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on June 25, 2024, 07:09:26 pm by drfcsteve »
Same team and formation again except Gallagher’s turn to be the Kalvin Phillips replacement Southgate is desperate for.

grayx

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 25, 2024, 07:15:08 pm by grayx »
Same team and formation again except Gallagher’s turn to be the Kalvin Phillips replacement Southgate is desperate for.
Brilliant. That should help with the fatigue problem. Why bother taking a full squad??

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 25, 2024, 07:18:54 pm by Little Wolf »
Declan rice interview………
because we are sitting in a low block people are thinking we are not fit enough

Why are we sitting in a low block, that is the issue  :facepalm:

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 25, 2024, 07:50:11 pm by Scooter »
I am getting so fed up about hearing the term ‘low block’. Where has this come from? Growing up it was never mentioned. I’m sure it happened but just not given an unnecessary label.
‘Transitions’ is another load of tosh
I’m not a football tactitian but some of these labels are either made up by analysts justifying their job, or by coaches/ performance analysts justifying their jobs

Either way - Southgate missed a trick in changing his team. I hope we have a good first half and then make some positive changes at half time. I’d give Shaw, Gordon, Palmer and Watkins a run out

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 25, 2024, 07:56:15 pm by Little Wolf »
Low block has been around for a while it means the back 4 play deep and defend the final 3rd, if we are playing kane we need a high block with a high press to keep the ball in the opposition half otherwise drop kane we are so easy to play through the lines because the defence is to deep it reminds me of rovers against kings lynn we were so easy to play through
You usually play a low block when you have a slow back four which we do not have
« Last Edit: June 25, 2024, 07:58:46 pm by Little Wolf »

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on June 25, 2024, 08:28:32 pm by EasyforDennis »
I don't think I will be watching this shite for 90 minutes. Not sure I will even get to half time.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on June 25, 2024, 08:33:40 pm by Draytonian III »
I don't think I will be watching this shite for 90 minutes. Not sure I will even get to half time.

Simple turn the television off

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on June 25, 2024, 08:42:39 pm by EasyforDennis »

Simple turn the television off

Nah, I will wait to listen to Roy Keane giving his opinion on how shite we are then turn over to watch something else.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 25, 2024, 08:49:21 pm by Little Wolf »

Im afraid you have to watch it your english  :headbang:

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on June 25, 2024, 08:50:03 pm by RoversInSpain »
Well done on staying awake…

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on June 25, 2024, 08:51:34 pm by Filo »
Terrible , just terrible, Trippier has not once gone past Foden to provide an option, he gives Foden the ball and says go on kid you’re on your own, we are so unbalanced on the left hand side it’s unreal

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on June 25, 2024, 08:54:42 pm by selby »
  Well I don't know what a low block is but watched enough Italian football to know what defensive  football is.
  We kicked off and they never touched the ball, and our keeper had it at his feet three times before they touched it, absolutely pathetic.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on June 25, 2024, 08:54:52 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
Slovenia playing 442 and not afraid to hoof a long ball. A breath of fresh (old school) air.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 25, 2024, 08:57:15 pm by scawsby steve »
Anything can happen in football, but I honestly can't see how this team will be able to beat any of the well fancied teams.

We just don't look in their class.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on June 25, 2024, 08:57:57 pm by Donnybax »
We should be building this team around Foden and where to get the best out of him. He’s comfortably our best player.

goalkick

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on June 25, 2024, 08:59:56 pm by goalkick »
Would agree about trippier been poor all three games.

Ye-Aul-Tavern

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on June 25, 2024, 09:03:08 pm by Ye-Aul-Tavern »
Former Ireland striker Kevin Doyle on Irish TV talking about Southgate being so conservative: " if he had a garage full of Ferraris, he'd still want to drive his twenty year old banger".

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 25, 2024, 09:05:48 pm by Little Wolf »
Would not say anything bad against any player, this is a bad manager playing defensive tactics which is totally boring, this tournament has proved attacking tactics are the  way to proceed

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on June 25, 2024, 09:25:46 pm by Scooter »
This is like watching paint dry

TinyPortal © 2005-2012