Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:20:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gareth Southgate  (Read 15247 times)

Jonathan, DRFC_TID_93 and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
Re: Gareth Southgate
« Reply #60 on June 11, 2024, 09:02:16 am by DRFC_AjA »
The old "EPL is best in world and we've got the most resources so therfore we should win". Heard under Capello, Sven, Roy. Here's a thought maybe tournament football has nothing to do with that and doesn't give the English the divine right to bring it home (Brazil won the world cup a fair few times and probably have more right to sing that horrible song). There's an element of luck and an element of being a tournament team. That's never been us, our fans and media are still too busy having a crying meltdown about how we do in friendlies that nobody cares about

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 11, 2024, 09:31:42 am by Filo »
Trent in at RB, Walker looked well off it last game

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 11, 2024, 12:20:01 pm by Axholme Lion »
They wear rainbow laces and take the knee, that's all you need to know. I hope they lose every game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on June 11, 2024, 12:45:10 pm by dickos1 »
Reg is right.

I’ve lost interest too dicko. You can’t say anyone is wrong for losing interest.

Southgate is never held to account by the FA or any media. Are standards being driven on and off the pitch?

Every time we’ve been knocked out he has been outwitted in the match.

Yes he’s done better than before but any decent manager would have done.

Not taking a fit left back is just mind-blowing.

Ah the old any other manager would’ve done it.
Fact is they didn’t,
We had the golden generation and got nowhere near a semi final never mind a final.

The nation will be out in force for all the games and the interest just gets bigger and bigger

Were they a golden generation if only 8 positions are filled by top players and the bench options are people like Darius Vassell? Or was it just media hype? Look at the Brazil team that knocked them out in 2002. We have a lot more quality and depth now.

The previous failure of managers gone by isn’t an excuse for Southgate. He’s been in the job for 8 years. This would have been an irrelevant era for Germany, Spain and Italy but we make documentaries and musicals about it.

Yes previous England teams underperformed and Southgate got rid of the negative atmosphere in the camp and the media pressure outside of it but there is still a loser mentality deep down.

Neville, Terry, Ferdinand, Campbell, Cole, lampard, Scholes, Beckham, Gerrard, Rooney, Owen,

That’s is an unbelievable crop of players,
Don’t talk about who’s on the bench, we’ve got dunk on this bench

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on June 11, 2024, 05:36:37 pm by Little Wolf »
Most successful England manager ever is Sam Allardyce, won every game whilst in charge of the team a 100% win record

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on June 11, 2024, 05:54:20 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Anyone think Walker could partner Stones at centre half? He played in a 3 and I know that’s not the same but he does seem to hold his position more than get forwards now. If we push up and press teams having his pace will be a huge help.

I’m not overly convinced the others are top level other than Stones. Guehi could end up been up there but the others are more like squad players for top teams.

This would let Trent play right back where he gets more time to play. Not convinced he’ll start in midfield I reckon Southgate will go for Gallagher to start. He should be brave and play Wharton imo.

Trent has been listed as a midfielder in the squad so that’s a clue as to where Gareth sees him

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on June 11, 2024, 07:33:09 pm by GazLaz »
How’s Tomori not get selected? He’s good.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 12, 2024, 09:56:11 pm by silent majority »
They wear rainbow laces and take the knee, that's all you need to know. I hope they lose every game.

Do you mind taking your east end bigotry somewhere else!

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on June 12, 2024, 10:48:58 pm by Little Wolf »
Everbody hopes england wins and we play attacking football, we have a platinum generation come on england

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on June 13, 2024, 08:40:04 am by Campsall rover »
That’s disgraceful.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on June 13, 2024, 09:26:00 am by Colin C No.3 »

Long time no hear.

I’d assumed you’d joined the Russian forces fighting Ukraine.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on June 16, 2024, 09:58:32 pm by Little Wolf »
Go on them someone defend southgate again saying how much attacking football he plays, what the hell did he say to them at half time

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on June 16, 2024, 10:10:42 pm by rtid88 »
Go on them someone defend southgate again saying how much attacking football he plays, what the hell did he say to them at half time
Did we not just win?

The signs were there towards the end of the first half that Serbia were coming back into the game and are a very tough team.

Changes should have been made a lot sooner and thought he brought the wrong players on but just pleased to get 3 points on the board.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 16, 2024, 10:24:01 pm by Little Wolf »
Did we not just win?

The signs were there towards the end of the first half that Serbia were coming back into the game and are a very tough team.
Park the bus second half again and nearly paid the price, as soon as we play a good team we are out, dont get me wrong i want us to win the title but no chance with this muppet

Changes should have been made a lot sooner and thought he brought the wrong players on but just pleased to get 3 points on the board.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2024, 10:26:14 pm by Little Wolf »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on June 16, 2024, 10:24:25 pm by dickos1 »

Look at his lineup, if that’s not attacking intent I don’t know what is.
Serbia are decent and we’ve won one opening game at the euros ever.

This is the problem with lots of folk, they don’t like Southgate so whatever happens they’re negative about the team.
End of the day that’s a great result to start the tournament off with

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on June 16, 2024, 10:25:54 pm by dickos1 »
They’re chasing the game so make subs accordingly that’s how football works they had 4 or 5 attackers on at the end chasing the game.
Never really looked like scoring

Italy did that yesterday and it’s a defensive masterclass we do it today and Southgate is clueless

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 16, 2024, 10:26:34 pm by drfchound »
We won the game.
England and Serbia will progress from the group.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 16, 2024, 10:28:15 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Your life must be boring as f*ck.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 16, 2024, 10:30:29 pm by Little Wolf »
We will progress from this group but as soon as we play a good team we are out, wrong approach no idea manager as soon as he is gone the better, if you thought that was a attacking second half you do not live on this planet and have no idea

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 16, 2024, 10:30:42 pm by ChrisBx »
Take the win and move on to the Denmark game - this is tournament football. Serbia will fancy themselves against Denmark and Slovenia.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 16, 2024, 10:30:51 pm by ncRover »
Foden is getting shoehorned in at the moment. Something is slightly off with the attacking balance with him and Kane.

Need Shaw to get fit and stay fit for that extra dimension going forward, that might help a bit.

Saka and Bellingham unbelievable.

Extra quality got us over the line but should have killed them off with the control we had.

Bowen looked bright off the bench.

Don’t write off Denmark Hound, they have some brilliant players.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on June 16, 2024, 10:33:37 pm by drfchound »
Foden is getting shoehorned in at the moment. Something is slightly off with the attacking balance with him and Kane.

Need Shaw to get fit and stay fit for that extra dimension going forward, that might help a bit.

Saka and Bellingham unbelievable.

Extra quality got us over the line but should have killed them off with the control we had.

Bowen looked bright off the bench.

Don’t write off Denmark Hound, they have some brilliant players.

I agree about Denmark but just think that the Serbs will get second place in the group.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on June 16, 2024, 10:34:28 pm by dickos1 »
We will progress from this group but as soon as we play a good team we are out, wrong approach no idea manager as soon as he is gone the better, if you thought that was a attacking second half you do not live on this planet and have no idea

You are clueless I’m afraid,
It’s tournament football, we will get better that’s a great win tonight

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 16, 2024, 10:36:46 pm by NickDRFC »

You are clueless I’m afraid,
It’s tournament football, we will get better that’s a great win tonight

I’ve spent the last half an hour defending tonight to various people, but it’s absolutely not a “great” win.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 16, 2024, 10:42:34 pm by Little Wolf »
We will see who is clueless, i hope it is me and we win the title but im afraid its you and are looking through rose coloured glasses as we have no chance with this muppet in charge

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on June 16, 2024, 10:43:43 pm by dickos1 »
Of course it is,
We drew with Scotland in the last one and reached the final. Serbia are far better than Scotland.
That win more or less guarantees qualification, so yes a great win.
Not a great performance but nowhere near as bad as people are making out

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on June 16, 2024, 10:44:43 pm by dickos1 »
We will see who is clueless, i hope it is me and we win the title but im afraid its you and are looking through rose coloured glasses as we have no chance with this muppet in charge

No you don’t hope you’re wrong, you’re sat waiting to come on here and moan even when we win.
Folk like you are dying for us to fail

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on June 16, 2024, 10:45:04 pm by Colin C No.3 »

This is the problem with lots of folk, they don’t like Southgate so whatever happens they’re negative about the team.

If you truly believe that to be a great result (yes, I know it was a win but ‘a great result’ would have been 4-0 or more) then all I can say is Dunkirk was a…………….no, too soon on German soil.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on June 16, 2024, 10:46:07 pm by Little Wolf »
Time will tell

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on June 16, 2024, 10:48:04 pm by dickos1 »

If you truly believe that to be a great result (yes, I know it was a win but ‘a great result’ would have been 4-0 or more) then all I can say is Dunkirk was a…………….no, too soon on German soil.

In the grand scheme of things that’s a great win, it’s gets us qualified, the group games are always tough.
And we’re up and running
Draw it and there would be even more negativity than there is now

TinyPortal © 2005-2012