Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:10:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gareth Southgate  (Read 15235 times)

drfchound, DRFC_TID_93, Campsall rover and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.

essexrover

• Forum Member
Re: Gareth Southgate
« Reply #90 on June 16, 2024, 10:48:42 pm by essexrover »
They wear rainbow laces and take the knee, that's all you need to know. I hope they lose every game.
Fool !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on June 16, 2024, 10:49:59 pm by Little Wolf »
Are you real

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on June 16, 2024, 10:57:11 pm by dickos1 »
If we’d won well you’d of been spouting “it was only Serbia”
Never happy people like you, we even got all the way to our first final in almost 60 years and lost in a penalty shootout yet you were spouting negativity
Beggars belief

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on June 16, 2024, 11:01:06 pm by Little Wolf »
You do not admit that was a piss poor park the bus second half

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on June 16, 2024, 11:11:51 pm by RoversInSpain »
Great 3 points. Excellent performance for 35 mins to build on. Restricted Serbia to one shot on target the entire game.
That was with a few of the lads not imposing themselves like we know they can.
Perfectly acceptable opening match.

…..A few folk seem to have forgotten what crap and clueless really was, ie the shambles that was Gerard,Rooney, Cole, Lampard,Terry et al…

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on June 16, 2024, 11:19:29 pm by Little Wolf »
We had the golden generation which you have said is a s**t show, many england manager had no or little premier league players to pick from but this manager has world class players to pick from, get real he has no idea
« Last Edit: June 17, 2024, 12:26:22 pm by Little Wolf »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on June 16, 2024, 11:36:31 pm by dickos1 »
We had the golden generation which you have said is a shit show, many england manager had no or little premier league players to pick from but this manager has world class players to pick from, get real he has no idea

Which England manager had no or little premier league players to pick from
That’s just nonsense

bigallan

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on June 17, 2024, 01:02:49 am by bigallan »
On that performance a result is a result end of
But
You can't park a bus against the likes of France Germany Italy Sweden your bug game is against Denmark which you should win but on that performance Bellingham foden kane ain't going to get a sniff against the big sides

My team for it are Holland

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on June 17, 2024, 06:50:26 am by dickos1 »
On that performance a result is a result end of
But
You can't park a bus against the likes of France Germany Italy Sweden your bug game is against Denmark which you should win but on that performance Bellingham foden kane ain't going to get a sniff against the big sides

My team for it are Holland

Bellingham was outstanding

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on June 17, 2024, 07:20:20 am by Avsuptem »
The aim of any manager is to get his team to perform at a level greater than the sum of its parts. I can't help thinking that Southgate has this team performing at a level far lower than the sum of its parts.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on June 17, 2024, 08:23:34 am by Metalmicky »
That wasn't a great 'team' performance - there were some good individual performances, but we didn't look cohesive and we lacked energy and movement for me.  3 points gained, but I found it a tough watch and I don't think any of the top teams will be worrying too much about England.  Perhaps things will improve as the tournament progresses, but it has some way to go.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on June 17, 2024, 08:27:17 am by Draytonian III »
Did England win ?
Did Serbia roll over ?
Will England play better ?
Will England qualify for the next stage ?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on June 17, 2024, 08:32:40 am by Michael Shaw »
As usual, we go off at a tangent. Never mind previous England managers, we are looking at right now. No manager is 100% perfect all the time. And without Southgate who do we know will definitely do a better job. I don't see a better manager (and who also wants the job) for Doncaster than Grant McCann and I can't see a better manager for England than Southgate. You can't always blame the managers when all the preparatory work has been done but the players don't perform 100% in every game.

andyst79

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on June 17, 2024, 08:42:19 am by andyst79 »
It's Southgate in game management that lets him down and has proven so in the past and I've no doubt we will see again in this tournament

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #104 on June 17, 2024, 08:47:18 am by Michael Shaw »
England fans put too much pressure on the manager and the players all the time. They are not happy we are in the tournament. We must win against spectacular European sides. Fans will be disappointed if we reach the final and lose on penalties. Getting rid of Southgate can make things a lot worse.

Reg of the Rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on June 17, 2024, 09:04:58 am by Reg of the Rovers »
Mixed bag of a first game - thought team selection and set up was right based on who we have - much more attacking intent and form players picked, clean sheet and win is a win, plus Bellingham is an absolute legend. But, the usual Southgate issue reappeared of not effecting changes when the game was slipping away - Foden (who I rate) was terrible and kept giving ball away - we needed a change of plan / personnel on the left - if we'd played another ten mins they'd have scored, plus we are still so slow and ponderous - just when you feel we have them on the ropes we pass the ball at the back or stop and stand with the ball. Those things may cost us against better teams.

Points on the board, clean sheet, plenty of room for improvement individually and as a team - benefit of the doubt for now!   

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on June 17, 2024, 09:15:52 am by Filo »
For me, going into the tournament without a fit left back is criminal. Add that to Foden being crap last night and the whole left side looked vunerable. On the right get tight on Saka and he looks ordinary as shown in the Second half

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on June 17, 2024, 09:25:33 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
For me, going into the tournament without a fit left back is criminal. Add that to Foden being crap last night and the whole left side looked vunerable. On the right get tight on Saka and he looks ordinary as shown in the Second half

Do we have any?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on June 17, 2024, 10:00:03 am by Metalmicky »

Do we have any?

Agree about the left back option.  We have 9 forward options.... and yet have only one left back option without slotting Trippier in there...

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on June 17, 2024, 10:13:52 am by Filo »

Do we have any?

Chillwell is better at left back than Tripier

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on June 17, 2024, 10:19:32 am by NickDRFC »

Do we have any?

Chilwell has been absolutely horrendous this season for Chelsea and when he’s appeared for England. Right call not to take him but I think Mitchell at Palace had a case.

I thought Trippier was OK last night but never pushed outside or used his left foot. Would Gomez do better? Hopefully Shaw is fit by the end of the group stages anyway.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on June 17, 2024, 10:39:03 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Do we have any?

Absolutely, but he's played 13 games all season and not started a game for over 3 months, he was never going.  Clearly the aim is to get Shaw fit and if we can get him in for the knockouts that is a good solution.  Mitchell at Palace may have been the only other shout.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on June 17, 2024, 10:48:18 am by dickos1 »
It's Southgate in game management that lets him down and has proven so in the past and I've no doubt we will see again in this tournament

It’s only his in game management when we don’t play well that gets scrutinised nobody mentions the subs and tactical changes he makes when they come off.
IE Germany in the last euros,

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #113 on June 17, 2024, 10:49:24 am by dickos1 »
The aim of any manager is to get his team to perform at a level greater than the sum of its parts. I can't help thinking that Southgate has this team performing at a level far lower than the sum of its parts.

They’ve got to a euros final and a World Cup semi final.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on June 17, 2024, 11:00:26 am by Filo »

Do we have any?

Absolutely, but he's played 13 games all season and not started a game for over 3 months, he was never going.  Clearly the aim is to get Shaw fit and if we can get him in for the knockouts that is a good solution.  Mitchell at Palace may have been the only other shout.

Yet on the other side Walker has started 12 games all season

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on June 17, 2024, 11:05:41 am by ncRover »

If Foden had a game like Saka did last night everybody would be eulogising non-stop.

Saka needs pressure taking off him or he will get double up on and kicked all game. But he is far from ordinary, he’s a world-class player.

Fabregas was spot on when talking about Foden for England last night, he makes the other pundits look like clowns.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #116 on June 17, 2024, 11:21:15 am by NickDRFC »

Do we have any?

Kyle Walker started 30 games in the Premier League alone…

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #117 on June 17, 2024, 12:07:36 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
England won, it wasn't pretty, but we won. Nothing else matters in tournament football.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on June 17, 2024, 12:09:02 pm by Alan Southstand »
Fabregas was spot on when talking

That’s all that needs saying. Perhaps he should have a sit down with GS?

ChrisBx

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on June 17, 2024, 12:09:42 pm by ChrisBx »

Do we have any?

I'm not sure where you're getting those numbers from as they're miles off.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012