Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 12:48:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gareth Southgate  (Read 19467 times)

grayx

• Forum Member
Re: Gareth Southgate
« Reply #390 on June 30, 2024, 07:58:38 pm by grayx »
Pretty sure anyone whos defending Southgate & his “ tactics” are on a wind up mission. To not make any subs at h/t is beyond belief, England were awful but somehow we got through. Our luck will run out soon unless Southgate makes changes, which i doubt.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #391 on June 30, 2024, 07:58:59 pm by Copps is Magic »
Lucky Lucky Lucky, poor football for that level!

What does that mean Kato?

Far better in any quantifiable or qualifiable metrics and won in a knock out competition. All ears here.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #392 on June 30, 2024, 07:58:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Wow. Not deserved but we’ll take it!

Not deserved?

On what metrics? It can't be any vs Slovakia.

All of them

Name me one.

Sorry I watch the game with my eyes not through some stat to filter. We were shite but if your stats say otherwise I bet you enjoyed every minute.

Is this serious or a wind up?

You don't need stats to tell you England have been the far better team in this game.

We’re watching different games.

I'm watching a game where England are ahead and comfortable, who are you watching?
Someone else on a wind up it seems. We were not comfortable for almost the entire 121 mins.

Embarrassing, negative comment from someone waiting for the team to fail.
There is no one in the entire country that wants England to win this Euro’s than me Copps is Magic.
Don’t be so ridiculously insulting.
I have backed Southgate year after year. But this has been awful so far whether we have won or not.
If you think we can play like that and be European Champions then you’re deluded.
Luck only lasts so long. What we need are performances.
You can only win a very limited number of games playing badly. Our luck will run out playing like this.

Remember what SOD used to say continually. Performances performances performances.
Play well consistently and you will win many more than you will lose.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #393 on June 30, 2024, 07:59:38 pm by Copps is Magic »
On the plus side, we won't have to listen to Lee Dixon anymore.

Me?

eh?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #394 on June 30, 2024, 08:02:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is. We're not getting any better. It's just technically and tactically inept. Pitiful and an insult to the beautiful game.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #395 on June 30, 2024, 08:03:22 pm by dickos1 »
On the plus side, we won't have to listen to Lee Dixon anymore.

Me?

eh?

Sorry, I’ve had a few beers
My name is Lee dixon :)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #396 on June 30, 2024, 08:04:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Pitiful and an insult to the beautiful game.

We've reached the top of Mount Hyperbole.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #397 on June 30, 2024, 08:04:44 pm by dickos1 »
We weren’t great today but we were the side that looked the most likely and it could’ve been a comfortable victory.
At some point we will click

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #398 on June 30, 2024, 08:08:39 pm by DonnyNoel »
Oddly I'm just enjoying that. Haven't cheered an equaliser that much since Leo at Scunny. Utter shit but yet if that were a Rovers game we'd be happy with grinding it out.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #399 on June 30, 2024, 08:11:23 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We weren’t great today but we were the side that looked the most likely and it could’ve been a comfortable victory.
At some point we will click

Really? I always admire your optimism but that's stretching it. We're good at making things very uncomfortable.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #400 on June 30, 2024, 08:12:28 pm by Copps is Magic »
The only team England have to defeat now is the nation.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #401 on June 30, 2024, 08:13:44 pm by IDM »

Not deserved?

All of them

Name me one.

Sorry I watch the game with my eyes not through some stat to filter. We were shite but if your stats say otherwise I bet you enjoyed every minute.

You don't need stats to tell you England have been the far better team in this game.

I'm watching a game where England are ahead and comfortable, who are you watching?

Do you agree England weren’t comfortable up until the 95th minute?

Folks are concerned about the overall performance, which is where we will struggle against better sides.

Tell me about the overall performance. In stats or any other terms you wish, vs Slovakia ( the team we were playing). I'm all ears.

It’s not about whether we were better than Slovakia however you may measure it.  It’s about the quality of the performance.

Can you not see that we would be very unlikely to beat better teams like France, Spain, Germany playing like we have over the first 4 games?

Yes results are everything to win tournaments but it’s far better for the watching public if at least some of the performances inspire confidence.??
« Last Edit: June 30, 2024, 08:19:53 pm by IDM »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #402 on June 30, 2024, 08:25:27 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Oddly I'm just enjoying that. Haven't cheered an equaliser that much since Leo at Scunny. Utter shit but yet if that were a Rovers game we'd be happy with grinding it out.

Barrow?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #403 on June 30, 2024, 08:29:06 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Not deserved?

All of them

Name me one.

Do you agree England weren’t comfortable up until the 95th minute?

Folks are concerned about the overall performance, which is where we will struggle against better sides.

Tell me about the overall performance. In stats or any other terms you wish, vs Slovakia ( the team we were playing). I'm all ears.

It’s not about whether we were better than Slovakia however you may measure it.  It’s about the quality of the performance.

Can you not see that we would be very unlikely to beat better teams like France, Spain, Germany playing like we have over the first 4 games?

Yes results are everything to win tournaments but it’s far better for the watching public if at least some of the performances inspire confidence.??

Just to point out spain are currently losing to Georgia....

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #404 on June 30, 2024, 08:39:40 pm by ncRover »
Putting Toney on was a good decision he offered a physical presence up top but he should have been on a lot sooner.

Thought Walker was really poor. Have his legs finally gone or is he injured? His crossing was atrocious, I’m surprised Trent wasn’t put on when we needed a goal.

We have to hope Shaw is back for Saturday because that left side is so clunky. He won’t do it but Foden doesn’t run in behind and we need that player playing off Kane! Play Gordon!!

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #405 on June 30, 2024, 08:40:14 pm by Michael Shaw »
Did some posters not notice WE WON THE DAMN GAME. I don't care how we did it, we still ground out a win. Anyone would think the team are on the plane back already. Gareth and the team have not yet let us down and how can we expect to go? Win the tournament only and anything else they are all shite?? What a bunch of fckng whingers football fans are. At least moan AFTER we go out.

Scooter

• VSC Member
« Reply #406 on June 30, 2024, 08:42:27 pm by Scooter »
Fantastic result, but absolutely dire football.
In fairness though, if we reach the final playing crap football but win none of us will care

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #407 on June 30, 2024, 08:58:26 pm by drfcsteve »
Did some posters not notice WE WON THE DAMN GAME. I don't care how we did it, we still ground out a win. Anyone would think the team are on the plane back already. Gareth and the team have not yet let us down and how can we expect to go? Win the tournament only and anything else they are all shite?? What a bunch of fckng whingers football fans are. At least moan AFTER we go out.

You’re missing the point. We very nearly were out, if it wasn’t for an overhead kick from our man from Real Madrid in the last minute of stoppage time.

It shouldn’t be this difficult. Maybe if we were grinding out results against the best in the world, but we’re struggling to beat teams ranked much lower than we are.

It doesn’t have to be like this. The reason it is like this is because of the manager.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #408 on June 30, 2024, 09:01:55 pm by IDM »

Listen to the England fans in the stadium and the tv pundits.  Yes we won, which is ultimately all we want, but the inadequacies of the performance are worrying for future games, aren’t they?

Slovakia lead for ages, and we equalised with less than 90 seconds remaining.  Despite the result, we should be better than that?

Spain vs Georgia, much better to watch.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #409 on June 30, 2024, 09:02:44 pm by Goole Rover »
Dickos - where are you?????

Your man is clueless

I’m here!
Where are u?
Sorry dickos you’re getting all the fire, they’re leaving me alone. Well done Gareth.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #410 on June 30, 2024, 09:15:10 pm by dickos1 »

Listen to the England fans in the stadium and the tv pundits.  Yes we won, which is ultimately all we want, but the inadequacies of the performance are worrying for future games, aren’t they?

Slovakia lead for ages, and we equalised with less than 90 seconds remaining.  Despite the result, we should be better than that?

Spain vs Georgia, much better to watch.

Honestly couldn’t care less who is better to watch, in tournament football all that matters is the result

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #411 on June 30, 2024, 09:18:22 pm by IDM »
Yes, in any one particular game.  But the performance does not inspire confidence for games against better sides.

I’m delighted we are through, but we have much improvement to do if we want the trophy.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #412 on June 30, 2024, 09:18:37 pm by drfcsteve »
We won’t get a result against the Swiss if we play like we have in every game so far.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #413 on June 30, 2024, 09:22:36 pm by IDM »
We won’t get a result against the Swiss if we play like we have in every game so far.

Yes, precisely.  I want us to win, but we need to go up a gear or two, otherwise the Swiss may well roll us over..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #414 on June 30, 2024, 09:26:59 pm by dickos1 »
As Roy Keane said, playing against better teams usually means you play better yourself.
We will improve.
I think he might drop Foden

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #415 on June 30, 2024, 09:30:55 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I do think we will improve against better sides, more space likely.

Is it rosy if Kane scores the header, Foden stays onside and Rice doesn't hit the post?

I do think he left it too long to change and I'm not convinced the setup works either but we did see them dig in and they didn't stop.  They call it character but it is important.  We've seen the other big countries do this for years, about time we rode our luck. Can we kick on? I'm not sure but we're still in it.

Little Wolf

• Forum Member
« Reply #416 on June 30, 2024, 09:31:47 pm by Little Wolf »
The result is all that matters  :headbang: you get the basics right and the results follow , i have no idea how people are defending gs he has no idea

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #417 on June 30, 2024, 09:33:23 pm by Avsuptem »
I don't understand why this England team does the same thing every time at set pieces, namely lob hopeful balls into the box from corners or shoot direct at goal from free kicks just outside the box. Don't they practice anything on the training ground ? It's no wonder we struggle against inferior opposition, we are so predictable.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #418 on June 30, 2024, 09:34:44 pm by rtid88 »
How anyone can defend that performance or any performance in this competition I have absolutely no idea.

You can literally see the frustration and confusion in the players faces. They have no idea what it is they are supposed to be doing the majority of the time because they are being asked to do the complete opposite to any manager in the world it appears.

Everyone has been saying Southgate needs to make changes to his tactics, formations, starting XI's all tournament and they only position he has changed is the one defensive midfielder.

We're poor defensively and have a plethora of attacking talent in the squad but yet Southgate continues with this slow, passive, poor passing tactic that every opposition manager knows now and exploits.

We were so so so lucky today and if we play the same tactics against Switzerland we simply will get hammered!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #419 on June 30, 2024, 09:40:57 pm by Not Now Kato »
Lucky Lucky Lucky, poor football for that level!

What does that mean Kato?

Far better in any quantifiable or qualifiable metrics and won in a knock out competition. All ears here.

It means exactly what it says CIM. And you seem to be out of step with people who have played the game at the highest level.  But hey, as long as you're happy living in cloud cuckoo land....

TinyPortal © 2005-2012