Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 05:38:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tom Nixon  (Read 7243 times)

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
Re: Tom Nixon
« Reply #30 on June 11, 2024, 12:36:55 pm by Pancho Regan »
Great news, I'm really pleased with this one.

Welcome back Tom!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 11, 2024, 12:40:58 pm by graingrover »
Those pupils were impressive with their questions and their confiidence too .

ridgewoodrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 11, 2024, 12:52:35 pm by ridgewoodrover »
Excellent by the media team.
Thought the pupils were very good as well.

philsky

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 11, 2024, 01:04:48 pm by philsky »
Top questions from the kids. Had him on the back foot a couple of times :-)

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 11, 2024, 01:31:52 pm by roversdude »
Remember he was a loan player and we could only have so many in the squad
Well pleased with this really rate him

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 11, 2024, 01:47:46 pm by NickDRFC »
Remember he was a loan player and we could only have so many in the squad
Well pleased with this really rate him

5 in the squad isn’t it? TLT, Craig, Adelakun, Waters would still have left room for him. I imagine he was maybe carrying a few niggling injuries and Olowu could cover full back so McCann maybe thought there wasn’t any room for him?

Regardless he’s clearly rated given he’s got a 3 year contract, good option and given his age he can definitely push on from here.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 11, 2024, 01:53:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not many left on the list of ‘like to have’s’.

Interesting that his mates are the full backs! Got a good squad building up nicely, here. Shhhhh, keep it quiet, nothing to see here!

So, left to get signed (permanent or loan):

Keeper
CDM
Forward (someone who can cover any of the front 3 positions)

Hopefully, a fully fit Miller will change the dynamic up top. It feels as if we’re going to have a new signing just by him returning.

Looking forward to next season.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 11, 2024, 02:14:53 pm by drfchound »
He’s been at my little one’s primary school with the media team recording his signing video. Unless he’s got completely the wrong end of the stick!

Never doubt a child, they usually speak the truth!

Out of the mouths of babes etc.   :thumbsup:

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 11, 2024, 03:01:17 pm by Nudga »
Excellent signing and I think he's more aggressive than Sterry. Hoping to see more of him next season.

Why are most transfer fees undisclosed nowadays?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 11, 2024, 03:31:06 pm by Pancho Regan »
Excellent signing and I think he's more aggressive than Sterry. Hoping to see more of him next season.

Why are most transfer fees undisclosed nowadays?

I'm not at liberty to disclose the reason mate.

:)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 11, 2024, 05:29:08 pm by scawsby steve »
Great signing.

Very impressed with all the signings up to now.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 11, 2024, 05:44:38 pm by Chris Black come back »
We are a keeper, winger and striker short. Could imagine all those coming in on loan. Not certain we will be making any further permanent signings. We have a big squad and have a decent outlay with the new signings already.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2024, 07:12:53 pm by Chris Black come back »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on June 11, 2024, 05:49:44 pm by idler »
Maybe "resting" him in the latter stages was to hide him from potential suitors at this stage? Good management if that is the case, he seems extremely happy to be with us, good luck for the future Tom.
I wondered the same. Hull might have also wanted a bigger fee if he had been a regular for us rather then being used as a squad player.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on June 11, 2024, 05:52:47 pm by Lesonthewest »
For me this signing is a very good one and shows the club is looking further ahead than just next season  :scarf:
The calibre of signings has really improved since Grants come in

Yes, & since Blunt left the chairman post.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 11, 2024, 05:56:09 pm by Lesonthewest »
Really good signing this, he has bags of potential this lad.

Silkscarf

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 11, 2024, 05:58:24 pm by Silkscarf »
Great news. Really pleased with this and all the others. We’re nearly there.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 11, 2024, 06:51:15 pm by Butchers Red »
Credit to the Club for letting the kids interview Tom,just adds to the wholesome feeling growing around our Club. :thumbsup:

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 12, 2024, 06:26:32 am by Chris Black come back »
We are a keeper, winger and striker short. Could imagine all those coming in on loan. Not certain we will be making any further permanent signings. We have a big squad and have a decent outlay with the new signings already.

Winger now in with Yeboah, potentially also a striker candidate as well given his profile. We are now down to maybe just a keeper. That’s a really important decision. Rest of squad now pretty much there, barring decisions on which squad players go out on loan.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 12, 2024, 07:36:13 am by Alan Southstand »
Keeper and defensive midfielder left on my list!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 12, 2024, 07:39:42 am by mushRTID »

Agreed and also still think another forward with Sotona, Goodman and Kuleya out on loan.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 12, 2024, 07:49:18 am by ncRover »

Midfield is stacked Alan. We won’t be signing anyone there.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 12, 2024, 08:12:11 am by Alan Southstand »
It may well be ‘stacked’ but I don’t see anyone to replace the ‘Craig’ role! GM may well convert one of them to do that on, but, as it stands, we have nobody that remotely fits the blueprint.

In his recent interview, GM referred to us ‘in discussions’ with a couple more, so I’m hopeful that one will be a new keeper and the other a CDM player.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on June 12, 2024, 08:42:27 am by DearneValleyRover »
I don’t see another striker coming in having signed Yeboah who can fill in that role for Ironside and Miller, I agree with Alan in that we need cover for Bailey and definitely a keeper

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 12, 2024, 09:02:46 am by DonnyOsmond »
I don’t see another striker coming in having signed Yeboah who can fill in that role for Ironside and Miller, I agree with Alan in that we need cover for Bailey and definitely a keeper

If Ironside gets injured you're changing the whole dynamic of the team to fit one of the others in.

Butchers Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 12, 2024, 09:14:28 am by Butchers Red »

If Ironside gets injured you're changing the whole dynamic of the team to fit one of the others in.

Exactly correct - I have a sneaky feeling we may not have seen the last of Biamou - but for sure if he dosen't get himself fit we must have another hold up man as stand in for Joe

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 12, 2024, 09:38:22 am by ncRover »
We could sign a young target man as a long term Ironside replacement who doesn’t need to be in the squad but can be loaned out / recalled when needed.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 12, 2024, 10:00:25 am by StocksArmy »
Three out-and-out senior center forwards: Miller, who was out for nearly a full season; Goodman, who I believe is a conference player; and Ironside, whose form will dip at some point during the season. I would be very surprised if we didn't bring another one in.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 12, 2024, 10:14:33 am by Campsall rover »
I think we need another striker who can come off the subs bench when needed which will also give Joe Ironside some rest bite which he will need from time to time. 2 games in a week 95 mins x 2 is a big ask for a striker who is in a physical battle every game.
Biamou was a massive + for us when he came off the bench which helped Joe Ironside massively imo.

Will be amazed if we don’t make a striker signing pre season either permanent or a loan. I still think Biamou is a possibility if he can prove his fitness.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on June 12, 2024, 05:22:58 pm by Lesonthewest »
We definately need another striker! If we are really going to win this league, 2 recognised strikers aren't enough, injury or loss of form will leave us struggling in that area, don't think Goodman is the answer either. Another recognised striker would complete the jigsaw along with a keeper.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 20, 2024, 12:40:44 pm by ncRover »
We definately need another striker! If we are really going to win this league, 2 recognised strikers aren't enough, injury or loss of form will leave us struggling in that area, don't think Goodman is the answer either. Another recognised striker would complete the jigsaw along with a keeper.

I agree on this now because Miller is completely different to Ironside. He can sniff out a chance and works hard but I’m pretty sure George himself has joked that is hold up play isn’t very good.

A back up doesn’t have to be anyone special, just a general dog’s body to cover Ironside. The likes of Josh Magennis or Ryan Bowman are free agents that can do what McCann wants from a centre forward. If not I’d go for Biamou, has he even been discussed by Grant?

Grant said they’re working on one more. Can’t think of any other type of player it could be.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012