Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 03:25:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Farage  (Read 8132 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Farage
« on June 13, 2024, 10:22:12 pm by scawsby steve »
Just wiped the floor with all of them tonight.

Maybe one of them should have thrown a milk shake over him. They don't look as though they have anything else.

By the way, don't shoot the messenger. I'm only reporting on what I saw.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
Re: Farage
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2024, 10:35:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Agree or disagree with him, one thing is inarguable, he has more guts than any of the others combined.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2024, 10:37:33 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
As I said in the other thread, he's lied and talked a load of BS.

He looked as convincing as Johnson. Yes, a lot of folks like that. Embarressing isn't it?

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2024, 10:42:48 pm by MachoMadness »
Not sure he did. The entire audience laughed in his face at several points. The SNP slaphead in particular has his number.

He scored a few points off Mordaunt admittedly but that's so easy it's almost pitiful at this point.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2024, 10:43:01 pm by Mike_F »
One minute he was carping on about the country being over populated, the next he was saying we should be encouraging people to grow their families.

I guess it's only over-populated if you're the wrong colour.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2024, 10:43:36 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Anything where you lot split the right wing vote is fine by me.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 13, 2024, 10:45:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Not sure he did. The entire audience laughed in his face at several points. The SNP slaphead in particular has his number.

He scored a few points off Mordaunt admittedly but that's so easy it's almost pitiful at this point.

Enjoyed when Farage said we should have more referendums and let the public decide the countries fate then Flynn said about a second independence vote and he quickly back tracked... Errr referendums but not that referendum, just ones I agree with.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 13, 2024, 10:46:32 pm by Bentley Bullet »

He looked as convincing as Johnson. Yes, a lot of folks like that. Embarressing isn't it?
He certainly embarrassed some of the panel tonight.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2024, 10:51:53 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

He certainly embarrassed some of the panel tonight.
Please say where. Whilst you're at it, why not say where he lied, exaggerated, changed his party's policy, looked intelligent, wasn't self interested, wasn't aspiring to encourage US investment and profit in the UK.

And Farage lying about the brain drain with the non dom tax changes. He is wrong, as was pointed out by Denyer. Populist he may be, but mainly self interested protective to his own and his fellow bankers billions. That's your money folks.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 11:02:21 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 13, 2024, 10:57:58 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Tell you what, seeing as you are the one coming out with all the accusations, you tell me.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 13, 2024, 11:03:32 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Tell you what, seeing as you are the one coming out with all the accusations, you tell me.
So you got nothing. Same as Farage then. I see the bedfellows ;)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 13, 2024, 11:19:51 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If I were the same as Farage I would ignore forum advice and tell you in no uncertain terms what I really thought about your opinions.

As it stands, I'm endeavouring to show restraint, and allowing people like you to ruin the forum unopposed.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 14, 2024, 04:30:59 am by BobG »
Funny, isn't  it, BB, when you forget this. It's lhelped me. It should help you:

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=291308.msg1322078#msg1322078

BobG
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 04:33:06 am by BobG »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 14, 2024, 05:34:44 am by scawsby steve »
Well well well. I said not to shoot the messenger. I was just commenting on his performance.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying f*ck for any of them. None of them will change anything.

I don't know why some of you get so uptight about it all. Keith is going to win by a landslide.

Then everything will be hunky dory. Won't it?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 14, 2024, 06:21:34 am by SydneyRover »
Can't see where anyone has blamed you Steve?

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on June 14, 2024, 06:39:04 am by rtid88 »
Farage is just a more racist version of Boris Johnson.
A lying performer with no actual substance or realistic thoughts. Comes out to rattle the apple cart but when presented with real tough questions flounders or starts shouting his racist extreme right wing rhetoric.
These people who think he will look after the working man really are clueless and need to understand just what a con man he is.
Stephen Flynn seems to be the only politician brave enough to tackle the issue of Brexit for which Farage simply doesn't have any answer for as he knows he screwed the country by being the front man for the Brexit campaign.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 06:44:24 am by rtid88 »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 14, 2024, 08:03:06 am by DonnyOsmond »
Well well well. I said not to shoot the messenger. I was just commenting on his performance.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying f*ck for any of them. None of them will change anything.

I don't know why some of you get so uptight about it all. Keith is going to win by a landslide.

Hopefully we'll see similar to the last Labour government. They certainly knew what they were doing to say "they're all the same".

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 14, 2024, 08:36:15 am by Ldr »

Hopefully we'll see similar to the last Labour government. They certainly knew what they were doing to say "they're all the same".

People are fixated on the size of nhs waiting lists (internally we are not) as it makes headlines. The real issue is time people are waiting to be seen and stopping elective activity for months during covid has left us with a massive backlog which we are unlikely to ever clear despite what politicians promise. DO when posting graphs like that I’d want to take into account the uk population over the same time and the change in average waiting times for a proper picture. A waiting list of 7 million would be better than one of 1 million if the waiting times for the 7 million was an average 18 weeks and the 1 million average was 52 weeks say. 

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 14, 2024, 08:44:36 am by Herbert Anchovy »
A lying performer with no actual substance or realistic thoughts. Comes out to rattle the apple cart but when presented with real tough questions flounders or starts shouting his racist extreme right wing rhetoric.
These people who think he will look after the working man really are clueless and need to understand just what a con man he is.
Stephen Flynn seems to be the only politician brave enough to tackle the issue of Brexit for which Farage simply doesn't have any answer for as he knows he screwed the country by being the front man for the Brexit campaign.

It really worries me that Farage, and his party, are so open about their policies that would erode our rights AND reduce our standing and respect around the world, that people would actually vote for this???

Did anyone else see the clip from Question Time a few weeks ago where a member of the audience supported Reform's plan to come out of the ECHR. One of the panellists then pointed out that the ECHR also protects his rights as well as those of immigrants. His response was "I don't care"!!! Unbelievable!

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 14, 2024, 10:28:17 am by selby »
  A lot on here remind me of the EU members sat in conference hall the last day Farage attended as a EUMP and his statement to them.
   When I was first elected and said I was here to take the UK out of the EU you laughed in my face, well look who is laughing now to a stony faced audience.
  Stand by for a rerun over the next few years, different place same old sh*t in front of him.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 14, 2024, 11:08:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
  A lot on here remind me of the EU members sat in conference hall the last day Farage attended as a EUMP and his statement to them.
   When I was first elected and said I was here to take the UK out of the EU you laughed in my face, well look who is laughing now to a stony faced audience.
  Stand by for a rerun over the next few years, different place same old sh*t in front of him.

Absolutely, he should not be underestimated.

A lot of the labour voters on this forum are fans of PR voting.  The Yougov poll last night had Labour 37%, Reform 19%, Conservative 18%.  Imagine a parliament with that makeup!

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 14, 2024, 11:11:22 am by Sprotyrover »

It really worries me that Farage, and his party, are so open about their policies that would erode our rights AND reduce our standing and respect around the world, that people would actually vote for this???

Did anyone else see the clip from Question Time a few weeks ago where a member of the audience supported Reform's plan to come out of the ECHR. One of the panellists then pointed out that the ECHR also protects his rights as well as those of immigrants. His response was "I don't care"!!! Unbelievable!
How many ordinary Joe Publics resort to the ECHR
You never hear of any it’s usually some t**t trying to dodge Prison or deportation have you any examples to support your claim that it is a Force for good, bearing in mind we live in the most democratic fair minded state on the planet!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 14, 2024, 11:51:33 am by BillyStubbsTears »

A lot of the labour voters on this forum are fans of PR voting.  The Yougov poll last night had Labour 37%, Reform 19%, Conservative 18%.  Imagine a parliament with that makeup!

Plus another 21% supporting LDs and Greens. You'd like to think they would never go into a coalition with Farage. Meaning under PR there's a very big centre-left majority.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 14, 2024, 11:56:21 am by BillyStubbsTears »

You never hear of any it’s usually some t**t trying to dodge Prison or deportation have you any examples to support your claim that it is a Force for good, bearing in mind we live in the most democratic fair minded state on the planet!

You mean that country that literally rounded up British citizens and shipped them to the Caribbean in the Windrush scandal?

Or the country that still refuses to give my brother in law the passport he has a right to?

Now.

Those are things that a right wing Govt has done in this country while it still has done degree of control imposed on it. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine what a Farage-Braverman Govt would do if it was let off the leash.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 14, 2024, 12:40:07 pm by Ldr »

You mean that country that literally rounded up British citizens and shipped them to the Caribbean in the Windrush scandal?

Or the country that still refuses to give my brother in law the passport he has a right to?

Now.

Those are things that a right wing Govt has done in this country while it still has done degree of control imposed on it. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine what a Farage-Braverman Govt would do if it was let off the leash.

Why is your BiL denied a passport if he has a right ?

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 14, 2024, 01:01:07 pm by Pancho Regan »

The term "Don't shoot the messenger" which you chose to use, normally applies to a situation where someone is delivering a fact, or several facts, which are expected to be unpopular.

You didn't deliver any facts SS, you gave your opinion, which of course you're entitled to.
So you weren't really a messenger and therefore you have to accept you might get shot down, or at least challenged.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 14, 2024, 01:12:29 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
If I were the same as Farage I would ignore forum advice and tell you in no uncertain terms what I really thought about your opinions.

As it stands, I'm endeavouring to show restraint, and allowing people like you to ruin the forum unopposed.
I asked a few questions given your rhetorical statement. Then you get angry....

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 14, 2024, 01:21:44 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

I don't think so. From what I saw last night he's hanging, old. Has the experience of spouting off, but is more flakey, as per the examples I gave above and in the election thread, and has developed a bit of a Biden like problem. He'll be praying he doesn't personally get elected.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 01:23:51 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 14, 2024, 03:25:51 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Plus another 21% supporting LDs and Greens. You'd like to think they would never go into a coalition with Farage. Meaning under PR there's a very big centre-left majority.

I think it'd be really interesting to see what polling differences it would make actually.  The fear of course is the lack of stablity but interesting none the less.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 14, 2024, 04:01:15 pm by BobG »
Sproty. Ref your argument in #21 that "we live in the most democratic fair minded state on the planet". If that were true how is it that in 2022 Britain ranked 18th in the CP index of corrupt nations? And how is it that the British 'score' worsened by 5 percentage points during that year? Or how is it that the British 'score' has continued to worsen since then...? Think of the PPI 'fastlane' and the depth of the corruption of the selfish, thieving assholes who set it up, profited from it and broke several laws doing so.

Britain is not a democratic fair minded state. If you really do think it is, I am sorry to say it, but you must go around with your eyes closed. Look at  the arrest rates, the stop and search rates. Look at our tax system. It is absolutely riddled with corruption - a lot of it stemming from vote buying by the last decade of Conservative Chancellors. I could give you chapter and verse - but why should I when your eyes are so resolutely and firmly closed? There's no point.

BobG
« Last Edit: June 14, 2024, 07:51:48 pm by BobG »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012