Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 10:47:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Farage  (Read 9537 times)

Bentley Bullet, tommy toes and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Farage
« Reply #180 on June 22, 2024, 07:05:12 pm by SydneyRover »
  Did he fund the labour Party under Corbyn Billy? were momentum funded and the union movement?

changing the point of the argument again? you don't make much sense selby, you absolutely hate labour and yet you now support a nutjob that will split the tory vote.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 22, 2024, 07:33:16 pm by ravenrover »
Selby, Toryboy WUM?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 22, 2024, 07:43:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 22, 2024, 07:59:43 pm by selby »
  Don't hate them at all Syd, until I was 70yrs old I never voted for any other party except the rates association in local elections a party the two big ones smashed in the 70's who were holding local councils to account as at the time I could never work
 out how a small village like Norton could have the highest rateable value outside the city of Westminster.
  Never voted in the last election partly disinterested but mainly out of the country.
  For the first time in my life another party has come along and they are rocking the boat, and the waves they are making are bigger than is being let on by the establishment who don't want change, and despite what you or your party say they don't want any change that will rock the boat the current two factions have.
  I loved the theory BST and others had thinking that the donations from business was proof they liked the Labour policies.
  Think that and you are really thick, it's just greasing the palms of who they think they will have to set the agenda and policy of and the pay off to make sure they jump when told, and like every other time labour have won an election big business will leave the UK and unemployment figures will rise within 18 months,
  The educated idiots have already got the oil and gas industries in their sights, our most wanted and one of the biggest earning industries in the country with a very skilled labour force who are highly paid and will move their tax liability abroad while about twenty miles away in the North Sea Norway are increasing production, have just found a massive new field and will no doubt sell it to us at top dollar when the wind mills are found out at great cost and increase their national fund at our expense.
  Apart from that on a personal view everything is tickety boo and I can't wait to look from the side lines at the fall out from it all as it unfolds and the politicians renegade on all the hot air they are spouting at the moment.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on June 22, 2024, 08:04:33 pm by Sprotyrover »
And it's not often I agree with Dan Hodges, but he's absolutely bang on the money here.

https://x.com/DPJHodges/status/1804425304150003760
Just another one trying to compare this to ww2 to justify their pro war stance.
Sickening.

Ah yes being on the side of a defence pact that sovereign states can freely choose whether to join or not is pro-war. A defence pact of which the “eastern expansion” of involved no invasion of territory or direct deaths. A pact that countries who have either previously been under Soviet rule or threatened by Russia want to join, despite never threatening Russia themselves. Bloody warmongers.

Countries expressing a desire to join nato DOES NOT threaten Russia. There is no excuse for what Russia has done.

Look at the size of the Russia on a map. If you are Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania and you see them conducting military exercises near your border, would you be concerned given their imperialist history?

Is Farage on the Russia payroll or is he seeing an opportunity to get some more right wing pseudo-intellectual contrarian votes? Funny how this aligns with far-left pacifists like Corbyn. I pointed this out before and was told there was no evidence there being a right-wing Putin-sympathiser movement. Well here you go BRR.
NATO exercises on the Polish border and in the Baltic with a practiced attack on Kaliningrad - did you miss that?

Feb 2022 - Russia invade Ukraine

June and August 2023 - Russia launches Baltic naval drills in response to Finland becoming a NATO member

March 2024 - NATO drills in the Baltic.

As you can see March 2024 is clearly after June 2023. Because NATO is a defence pact.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-baltic-sea-military-drills-4ec2ed82bee2a44582032babaad174cf

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2024/03/05/amid-russia-jitters-nato-drills-flowing-troops-across-polish-rivers/

Lithuania blocked rail transport between Russia and Kaliningrad immediately after the invasion of Ukraine. The Russian action in the Baltic you refer to was to make a statement about Kaliningrad still being supported by sea, as well as demonstrating what could happen if NATO didn't back off in that location.

“Immediately after the invasion of Ukraine” :lol:

So Lithuania are just meant to see Russia act in Chechnya, Georgia and Ukraine and think they don’t need to take steps to not make themselves vulnerable?

Please detail how NATO was intimidating Kaliningrad prior to summer 2023. What were they doing that needed a message to be sent to “back off”?

Strange is t it, how many posters kicked off when Azerbaijan invaded Nagorno-Karabakh A Christian State?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 22, 2024, 08:28:27 pm by selby »
  Raven, if you live another twenty or thirty years you will be able no doubt to vote Labour as many times as I did, then you will get to a certain age and realise how disappointed you have been for so long.
  Even posted flyers and knocked on doors for Harold Wilson  in Leytonstone London when it was mostly posh in the mid sixties, and laughed when someone put a firework in the speaker on the back of a truck while  the Conservative candidate was speaking on the green in Askern
  Don't worry  growing up will come to you one day buddy.

Branton Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 22, 2024, 09:08:09 pm by Branton Red »
It's the counterintuitivity of the argument that gets me.

Let's form a collective, defensive military alliance to protect ourselves from and dissuade aggressive states.

But let's not allow countries closest geographically, historically and culturally to an aggressor state from taking part in said alliance. You know those countries most at risk and in need of protection. In case we upset the aggressor.

It's akin to villagers not allowing the immediate neighbours of known criminals from being members of a Neighbourhood Watch scheme.

Appeasement pure and simple.
Analogies eh! Easy to play the rhetoric game there, and throw in the "counter intuitive" smoke bomb too.

Ukraine was a country between two powers, Russia and the USA. Russia had it's desires on it, so did the US. If left as was it would have always been in tension between the two, but could easily do well out of that situation playing each side off against the other. The US had CIA bases on Russias border, also reported other controversial establishments, and it has vast investments in Ukraine, territory and mines - so a capitalist interest, as well as the geopolitical, and the military one. "Aggressor" - the US upset the balance with its interference with feeding the coup, and now has a puppet in control. You acn argue about this but don't be a fool and say the US had no involvement. Russia said back off. I recall the US getting a bit reactive around Cuba some time back? Understandable really.

The point is that Ukraine only became "at risk" following the US interference. Kinda "bleedin obvious". And is one of the few, if not the only, issues on which I agree with Farage. His motivations for this I might be at odds with. Certainly the result is a vast increase in income for the military corporations, for the western military per se, increased money for the fossil fuel producers and their investors, has temporarilly shat on our economy, and has increased immigration.

Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on June 22, 2024, 09:34:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  Don't hate them at all Syd, until I was 70yrs old I never voted for any other party except the rates association in local elections a party the two big ones smashed in the 70's who were holding local councils to account as at the time I could never work
 out how a small village like Norton could have the highest rateable value outside the city of Westminster.
  Never voted in the last election partly disinterested but mainly out of the country.
  For the first time in my life another party has come along and they are rocking the boat, and the waves they are making are bigger than is being let on by the establishment who don't want change, and despite what you or your party say they don't want any change that will rock the boat the current two factions have.
  I loved the theory BST and others had thinking that the donations from business was proof they liked the Labour policies.
  Think that and you are really thick, it's just greasing the palms of who they think they will have to set the agenda and policy of and the pay off to make sure they jump when told, and like every other time labour have won an election big business will leave the UK and unemployment figures will rise within 18 months,
  The educated idiots have already got the oil and gas industries in their sights, our most wanted and one of the biggest earning industries in the country with a very skilled labour force who are highly paid and will move their tax liability abroad while about twenty miles away in the North Sea Norway are increasing production, have just found a massive new field and will no doubt sell it to us at top dollar when the wind mills are found out at great cost and increase their national fund at our expense.
  Apart from that on a personal view everything is tickety boo and I can't wait to look from the side lines at the fall out from it all as it unfolds and the politicians renegade on all the hot air they are spouting at the moment.

I'd have liked that theory too. If I'd ever said anything remotely like that.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 22, 2024, 10:02:45 pm by ncRover »
And it's not often I agree with Dan Hodges, but he's absolutely bang on the money here.

Sickening.

Ah yes being on the side of a defence pact that sovereign states can freely choose whether to join or not is pro-war. A defence pact of which the “eastern expansion” of involved no invasion of territory or direct deaths. A pact that countries who have either previously been under Soviet rule or threatened by Russia want to join, despite never threatening Russia themselves. Bloody warmongers.

Countries expressing a desire to join nato DOES NOT threaten Russia. There is no excuse for what Russia has done.

Look at the size of the Russia on a map. If you are Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania and you see them conducting military exercises near your border, would you be concerned given their imperialist history?

Is Farage on the Russia payroll or is he seeing an opportunity to get some more right wing pseudo-intellectual contrarian votes? Funny how this aligns with far-left pacifists like Corbyn. I pointed this out before and was told there was no evidence there being a right-wing Putin-sympathiser movement. Well here you go BRR.
NATO exercises on the Polish border and in the Baltic with a practiced attack on Kaliningrad - did you miss that?

June and August 2023 - Russia launches Baltic naval drills in response to Finland becoming a NATO member

As you can see March 2024 is clearly after June 2023. Because NATO is a defence pact.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-baltic-sea-military-drills-4ec2ed82bee2a44582032babaad174cf

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2024/03/05/amid-russia-jitters-nato-drills-flowing-troops-across-polish-rivers/

Lithuania blocked rail transport between Russia and Kaliningrad immediately after the invasion of Ukraine. The Russian action in the Baltic you refer to was to make a statement about Kaliningrad still being supported by sea, as well as demonstrating what could happen if NATO didn't back off in that location.

So Lithuania are just meant to see Russia act in Chechnya, Georgia and Ukraine and think they don’t need to take steps to not make themselves vulnerable?

Please detail how NATO was intimidating Kaliningrad prior to summer 2023. What were they doing that needed a message to be sent to “back off”?

Explain how Lithuania blocking transport between Russia and Kaliningrad makes them less vulnerable?

That very action by Lithuania, obviously in league with NATO, was intimidation. Shall we try an analogy to help you here? Seems you are struggling. If some group were to surround your house and allow you only the back door as access, where the path led only to a river, would you feel supported and safe if your mates came along with a load of boats to make it clear you'd be supported in this direction?

Is the protagonist whose house is surrounded in your analogy a highly dangerous criminal who has just launched a grenade in to a neighbour’s back garden?

I seriously cannot reason with someone who thinks that Lithuania blocking a railway line in THEIR OWN COUNTRY used by a recently hostile state about x50 their size is as intimidating as imperialist superpower Russia repeatedly invading neighbouring sovereign states. Especially when Russia’s action preceded Lithuania’s.

Do you actually think that if the Baltic states weren’t in the EU or NATO that Putin would never interfere with them?

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on June 22, 2024, 11:13:10 pm by TonySoprano »
Seem to be people on here who are prepared to fight to the last drop of someone else's blood. What's the solution to Ukraine? Forever war? Well that suits the arms manufacturers. Tell me are there anyone on here who has accommodated Ukraine people or contemplated doing so at their own expense? Yet haven't extended their virtue to African's?
Can I do a James O'Brien piece of nonsense and ask is that because you're racist?

And you reckon he stops at Ukraine if he wins there?
Of course he will, no way will he attack another country.
It's all about ukraine and how it's historically intertwined with Russia. 

On that basis should we attack Ireland?
Does Ireland have enemy bases with missiles pointed at us ? Or the threat of having them in the near future if we don't act ?

And heres me thinking you meant it’s all about Ukraine and how it’s historically intertwined with Russia, when you said “It’s all about Ukraine and how it’s historically intertwined with Russia, how stupid of me eh?

No one has forced any Country bordering Russia to Join NATO, they’ve all applied, I wonder why? Perhaps they were all at one time under Russian rule by force, and perhaps they didn’t like it, so sought protection from them
So no then ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #190 on June 22, 2024, 11:21:33 pm by selby »
  If anyone needs a pointer to the difference of interest  Farage has for people compared with other political leaders just look at Sawsby Steves Two threads on Starmer and Farage.
   Both seven pages in the threads, interesting Starmer's thread started on the 2nd of  December 2023
   The thread on Farage started on June the 13th 2024 and BST hasn't slept since the first post about him.
  At least he is interesting and people have an opinion about the man.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on June 22, 2024, 11:30:16 pm by drfchound »
I saw a poll today showing Reform Uk only nine points behind Labour in the voting intention of people in the Yorkshire and Humber region.

rtid88

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 22, 2024, 11:31:12 pm by rtid88 »
It is people like you Billy that Farage thinks are as thick as mince as you put it. You are consumed by him because you fear him, he is too clever for people like you, and you make him the centre of the conversation, and when you are derogatory you show your true colours,  where as tell me another politician who is the centre of anything apart from saying nothing.
  The slant you are putting on what he predicted would happen in 2014 is just trying a character assassination again because you fear him.
  The great Arsenal and Huddersfield manager  manager in the 1920's /30's Herbert Chapman once told the r press talk about the Arsenal even if it is bad.
  He understood even then publicity, take note.
  For six hours he has been the only subject on radio and tv news , he loves it and is winning support , whereas the leaders debate without him has been criticised for lack mof content and answers, he is burying them, and people like you are part of the reason, he owns you.

Farage has been rightly ridiculed at every single leaders debate. The guy is an extreme right wing buffoon who is interested in number one only. However, like Boris Johnson has the ability to win people over with his utter BS. If you actually think he has any desire or interest to improve the living standards for the working man or woman of the UK then you are the one who is really as thick as mince.

The only reason he is trying to make a come back in UK politics is for 2 reasons, one both of the 2 main parties are utterly divided and have 2 of the poorest leaders in living memory and secondly his beloved Trump is now a convicted deranged felon who has no chance of becoming the next president which naively I think he thought would happen a few weeks ago.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #193 on June 23, 2024, 12:38:31 am by Bristol Red Rover »

Sickening.

Explain how Lithuania blocking transport between Russia and Kaliningrad makes them less vulnerable?

That very action by Lithuania, obviously in league with NATO, was intimidation. Shall we try an analogy to help you here? Seems you are struggling. If some group were to surround your house and allow you only the back door as access, where the path led only to a river, would you feel supported and safe if your mates came along with a load of boats to make it clear you'd be supported in this direction?

Is the protagonist whose house is surrounded in your analogy a highly dangerous criminal who has just launched a grenade in to a neighbour’s back garden?

I seriously cannot reason with someone who thinks that Lithuania blocking a railway line in THEIR OWN COUNTRY used by a recently hostile state about x50 their size is as intimidating as imperialist superpower Russia repeatedly invading neighbouring sovereign states. Especially when Russia’s action preceded Lithuania’s.

Do you actually think that if the Baltic states weren’t in the EU or NATO that Putin would never interfere with them?

Not sure how your analogy addition is relevant to the practical issue being discussed?

Also, you seem to be answering a question I didn't pose. Please explain how Lithuania blocking transport between main Russia and Kaliningrad makes them less vulnerable

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #194 on June 23, 2024, 06:24:53 am by SydneyRover »

I thought you were only about 85 selby

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on June 23, 2024, 06:32:47 am by SydneyRover »
  If anyone needs a pointer to the difference of interest  Farage has for people compared with other political leaders just look at Sawsby Steves Two threads on Starmer and Farage.
   Both seven pages in the threads, interesting Starmer's thread started on the 2nd of  December 2023
   The thread on Farage started on June the 13th 2024 and BST hasn't slept since the first post about him.
  At least he is interesting and people have an opinion about the man.

name something farage has done that benefits the uk and all its people, that should be easy for you. him or SS

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on June 23, 2024, 08:55:13 am by SydneyRover »
''“No one did more to shape British politics in 2014. For good and ill [Mr Farage] is therefore The Times Briton of the Year.”''

this is where the rw media makes up the news rather than reporting events

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on June 23, 2024, 09:22:25 am by ravenrover »
  Raven, if you live another twenty or thirty years you will be able no doubt to vote Labour as many times as I did, then you will get to a certain age and realise how disappointed you have been for so long.
  Even posted flyers and knocked on doors for Harold Wilson  in Leytonstone London when it was mostly posh in the mid sixties, and laughed when someone put a firework in the speaker on the back of a truck while  the Conservative candidate was speaking on the green in Askern
  Don't worry  growing up will come to you one day buddy.
20 or 30 years? How many telegrams have you had from the Queen and now King.
I have no allegiance to any particular party but having worked for NCB I have difficulty in voting Tory since the 80's for obvious reasons. I have probably voted LibDem more times than any other party but realise it was merely a wasted vote gainst Labour and Tory. Where I live now my village is full of wealthy aged dyed on the wool Tory voters, you might fit in well, maybe you see my problem?
If you geuinely think that Farage and co are the party for you then you are misguided in my opinion. You claim to be a man of wealth perhaps you are hoping their madcap ideas won't affect you except their promises which appear to look after the wealthier at the expense of the poorer.
Now then Old lad which nursing home are you in as only being in my 70's I could  come up and visit you and wipe the dribble from the corner of your mouth.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on June 23, 2024, 09:23:08 am by DonnyOsmond »
  How do you know he didn't,  source.

You are making the allegation, how about you provide a source to those allegations?

The mentality of "I'll make an unfounded accusation and make them prove that I'm wrong"  :lol:

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 23, 2024, 11:53:48 am by TonySoprano »
Seem to be people on here who are prepared to fight to the last drop of someone else's blood. What's the solution to Ukraine? Forever war? Well that suits the arms manufacturers. Tell me are there anyone on here who has accommodated Ukraine people or contemplated doing so at their own expense? Yet haven't extended their virtue to African's?
Can I do a James O'Brien piece of nonsense and ask is that because you're racist?

And you reckon he stops at Ukraine if he wins there?
Of course he will, no way will he attack another country.
It's all about ukraine and how it's historically intertwined with Russia. 

On that basis should we attack Ireland?
Does Ireland have enemy bases with missiles pointed at us ? Or the threat of having them in the near future if we don't act ?

And heres me thinking you meant it’s all about Ukraine and how it’s historically intertwined with Russia, when you said “It’s all about Ukraine and how it’s historically intertwined with Russia, how stupid of me eh?

No one has forced any Country bordering Russia to Join NATO, they’ve all applied, I wonder why? Perhaps they were all at one time under Russian rule by force, and perhaps they didn’t like it, so sought protection from them

What ? YOU mentioned Ireland, and after losing that point, you go off on a bizarre tangent  :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on June 23, 2024, 04:15:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Interesting contradiction about Farage.

1) All European countries should be free to tell the EU to f**k off.

2) Ukraine has to do what Russia commands.

Almost as if...

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on June 23, 2024, 04:44:53 pm by selby »
  Couldn't possibly vote reform they have no candidate in my constituency.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #202 on June 23, 2024, 04:57:37 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Nor mine.

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on June 23, 2024, 05:15:25 pm by ncRover »

Sickening.

Lithuania’s action was part of EU sanctions on Russia, what’s wrong with that? Is it “Russiaphobic” ?  :crying: :crying: f**k around find out I’m afraid

Economic sanctions of which weaken the Russian war effort in a non-violent less escalatory way.
Putin would make the Baltics Russian if he could, so I’m sure Lithuania wouldn’t want them operating to support war effort in their own country.

Sanctions were a reaction to Russia’s actions. You seem to be having chronology issues. Do you really think that’s as intimidating as a full blown invasion?

I’ll ask again:

Do you think that if the Baltic states were not part of the EU or NATO that Putin would not interfere with them?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 23, 2024, 05:44:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Nor mine.

Good, you've saved the lovely people in your constituency of a snake oil salesman.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on June 23, 2024, 06:22:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I thought Farage-Tice plc were standing candidates in every seat?

They are competing in a single seat in Sheffield.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on June 23, 2024, 06:32:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #207 on June 23, 2024, 06:38:48 pm by selby »
  It's ok we have already got one, he is called Miliband opens his gob regular and appears at election time usually from a private jet and in a Land Rover, something to do with him being shadow secretary of state for climate change and net zero,
  He has worked wonders around here, loads have plenty of time on their hands, and he once gave me a quid at a fund raiser raffle for funds while a guest of Askern Welfare FC, all the local lads were chipping in a tenner.
  A complete and died in the wool knob head full of s**t.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 23, 2024, 06:40:06 pm by knockers »
Nor mine.

I would have thought that Bentley would have been prime Reform territory.
We’ve got one in Central Doncaster.
I let the dog play with the flyer we received.

I’ve also still got a “mind the Farage” sticker on all of my bins.
Farage=The shit that resides in the bottom of your bin.
Google Mark Thomas referendum for more info!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on June 23, 2024, 07:22:06 pm by scawsby steve »
Nor mine.

Good, you've saved the lovely people in your constituency of a snake oil salesman.

Not entirely, DO. I believe the Lib Dems are standing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012