Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 06:40:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Farage  (Read 9961 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Farage
« Reply #330 on June 28, 2024, 11:03:07 pm by SydneyRover »
no confirmation that ch 4 hired an actor from farage then?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c2504p02wz3t#player

here it is
« Last Edit: June 28, 2024, 11:21:29 pm by SydneyRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #331 on June 29, 2024, 06:15:37 am by Nudga »
no confirmation that ch 4 hired an actor from farage then?

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/c2504p02wz3t#player

here it is

Why did the guy use his acting voice/accent rather than his real one?

https://x.com/jamesks92/status/1806635327605400052?t=agYz_7uHLlL0cIEMbyZ2vA&s=19

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #332 on June 29, 2024, 08:54:56 am by SydneyRover »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #333 on June 29, 2024, 10:38:02 am by idler »
If hospitals had 24/7 operations running where would the patients go after surgery? There is a chronic shortage of beds in all hospitals. At Bradford Royal Infirmary it takes hours to get a bed allocated after being referred and I imagine it is the same at most other hospitals. My wife was a nurse for 25 years and some days spent hours ringing round the wards trying to arrange beds for patients.

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #334 on June 29, 2024, 10:45:00 am by TonySoprano »
The guys an actor, and a fully paid up equity member, according to his website which has now been deleted.

He's an agent provocateur.

It's a hit job, and election meddling.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #335 on June 29, 2024, 10:58:56 am by drfchound »
If hospitals had 24/7 operations running where would the patients go after surgery? There is a chronic shortage of beds in all hospitals. At Bradford Royal Infirmary it takes hours to get a bed allocated after being referred and I imagine it is the same at most other hospitals. My wife was a nurse for 25 years and some days spent hours ringing round the wards trying to arrange beds for patients.

I think the conversation was more about 24 hour round the clock outpatient appointments idler, rather than around the clock surgery.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #336 on June 29, 2024, 11:05:31 am by tyke1962 »
According to the Sheffield Star the two Barnsley seats could be a pretty close run thing with only 5% separating Labour and Reform .

It will certainly be interesting when the polls close next week but I would expect Labour to hold on .

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/polls-show-reform-closing-in-on-labour-in-stronghold-barnsley-seats/ar-BB1p3tMy?ocid=socialshare

There's a choice for you then Tyke. Real choice.

Do you allow one of Farage's mob to get in to represent you?

First of all it's not my fault I'm faced with this dilemma .

In a democracy I should be able to vote for the candidate I agree with the most .

The real issue here is why have the Labour Party after decades upon decades of taking these two seats easily are now in danger of losing them ?

These two seats were probably the safest two Labour seats in the country .

What ever you might think Billy the electorate aren't stupid and Barnsley people certainly aren't .

Personally and looking at this locally rather than nationally Jarvis has always served the town competently and the Labour Council have done a remarkable job in rebuilding the town centre and making it a very prosperous and vibrant place .

The downside is I'm putting a man who I seriously don't like and don't trust as a consequence in number 10 .

So I'll vote for Jarvis on Thursday on account of his record in Barnsley and the work he put in with the council in regenerating the town centre .

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #337 on June 29, 2024, 11:27:37 am by SydneyRover »
According to the Sheffield Star the two Barnsley seats could be a pretty close run thing with only 5% separating Labour and Reform .

It will certainly be interesting when the polls close next week but I would expect Labour to hold on .

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/polls-show-reform-closing-in-on-labour-in-stronghold-barnsley-seats/ar-BB1p3tMy?ocid=socialshare

There's a choice for you then Tyke. Real choice.

Do you allow one of Farage's mob to get in to represent you?

First of all it's not my fault I'm faced with this dilemma .

In a democracy I should be able to vote for the candidate I agree with the most .

The real issue here is why have the Labour Party after decades upon decades of taking these two seats easily are now in danger of losing them ?

These two seats were probably the safest two Labour seats in the country .

What ever you might think Billy the electorate aren't stupid and Barnsley people certainly aren't .

Personally and looking at this locally rather than nationally Jarvis has always served the town competently and the Labour Council have done a remarkable job in rebuilding the town centre and making it a very prosperous and vibrant place .

The downside is I'm putting a man who I seriously don't like and don't trust as a consequence in number 10 .

So I'll vote for Jarvis on Thursday on account of his record in Barnsley and the work he put in with the council in regenerating the town centre .

Double u-turners, it's hard to keep up!!!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2024, 11:31:23 am by SydneyRover »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #338 on June 29, 2024, 11:32:01 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Whatever reasoning you need to justify it to yourself Tyke. Just do it. Because the alternative is worse.

As I've been saying for years. This is real life. f**king hard choices.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #339 on June 29, 2024, 12:45:27 pm by tyke1962 »
Whatever reasoning you need to justify it to yourself Tyke. Just do it. Because the alternative is worse.

There's no way I can personally allow Reform to come into my constituency after what Jarvis and the council have achieved with the town centre .

This isn't because of the colour of their rosette but the determination and enterprise they've shown as people .

The way I see it is that we've one quality player in the team whilst the rest are about as convincing as Gareth Southgate .

There are town's in the North and the Midlands with Labour MPs and Labour councils who haven't what it takes to have pulled off what they've achieved in my town .

Starmer would do well to come up to Barnsley and take some lessons in what's achievable when there's a real will and determination to deliver when everything is stacked against you .

I'll hear none of his belly aching on what he's inherited thanks very much , my proof is in the pudding .

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #340 on June 29, 2024, 12:46:49 pm by selby »
  As to the comments made by the actor in Clacton, despicable, and no doubt if a undercover agent entered any Mosque in Rochdale, Rotherham, Blackburn, Oldham, Bradford, and had the teachings translated the same language would be prevalent quoting antiseitism racial language.
  In fact senior labour Party members have been quoted using that kind of language, party workers in those areas are known to use that sort of language prostituting themselves for the Islamic vote from the Muslim population, and have ended up with just a slapped wrist by saying an underwhelming sorry about that I didn't mean it the way it sounded. Diane Abbott a high profile case in hand, and just brushed aside without the attempted character assassination by the lefty media.
  Reality is t here is a percentage of the population that think exactly the way the actor was set up to broadcast his diatribe, and they will be drawn to the Reform vote, and sh*t sticks and Farage has turned the subject to, has it been a underhand set up? something that is an unknown but people will say is correct, if he wins the joust now the broadcasters are now on the defensive and if really found out their masters are in big doo doo just in the last throw of the dice, whatever you think of Farage, he is a smart cookie, the squabble now to the election day he will claim the establishment has been underhand  and shout foul for the rest of the election run in and point the finger, which will get him on the attack on the final straight to the election.
  If there is just a sniff of underhand broadcasting the s**t will hit the fan

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #341 on June 29, 2024, 12:50:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Are they acting? Is it a conspiracy?  Quite possibly and it's a bit weird, but it would be a huge story and probably the end of channel 4, so highly unlikely even if possible.

If they are an actor have they been fired by reform and if they're not why doesn't the person stand by it?  Very odd.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #342 on June 29, 2024, 12:53:05 pm by SydneyRover »

There's no way I can personally allow Reform to come into my constituency after what Jarvis and the council have achieved with the town centre .

This isn't because of the colour of their rosette but the determination and enterprise they've shown as people .

The way I see it is that we've one quality player in the team whilst the rest are about as convincing as Gareth Southgate .

There are town's in the North and the Midlands with Labour MPs and Labour councils who haven't what it takes to have pulled off what they've achieved in my town .

Starmer would do well to come up to Barnsley and take some lessons in what's achievable when there's a real will and determination to deliver when everything is stacked against you .

I'll hear none of his belly aching on what he's inherited thanks very much , my proof is in the pudding .

It's not complaining tyke it's reality unless you've been asleep for 14 years.

Listen to this: https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2024/jun/28/the-14-years-that-broke-britain-part-1-podcast

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #343 on June 29, 2024, 12:57:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  As to the comments made by the actor in Clacton, despicable, and no doubt if a undercover agent entered any Mosque in Rochdale, Rotherham, Blackburn, Oldham, Bradford, and had the teachings translated the same language would be prevalent quoting antiseitism racial language.
  In fact senior labour Party members have been quoted using that kind of language, party workers in those areas are known to use that sort of language prostituting themselves for the Islamic vote from the Muslim population, and have ended up with just a slapped wrist by saying an underwhelming sorry about that I didn't mean it the way it sounded. Diane Abbott a high profile case in hand, and just brushed aside without the attempted character assassination by the lefty media.
  Reality is t here is a percentage of the population that think exactly the way the actor was set up to broadcast his diatribe, and they will be drawn to the Reform vote, and sh*t sticks and Farage has turned the subject to, has it been a underhand set up? something that is an unknown but people will say is correct, if he wins the joust now the broadcasters are now on the defensive and if really found out their masters are in big doo doo just in the last throw of the dice, whatever you think of Farage, he is a smart cookie, the squabble now to the election day he will claim the establishment has been underhand  and shout foul for the rest of the election run in and point the finger, which will get him on the attack on the final straight to the election.

i'll translate that verbal diarrhoea.

"I'm going to vote RefUK despite them being full of bigoted Kitsons. Because..."

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #344 on June 29, 2024, 01:18:46 pm by idler »

I think the conversation was more about 24 hour round the clock outpatient appointments idler, rather than around the clock surgery.

Cheers hound, I see what you mean. It would still accelerate patients towards surgery meaning moving the blockage further forward. Theatre and bed availability will still dictate operations being performed. Not an easy problem to solve.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #345 on June 29, 2024, 01:30:53 pm by roverstillidie91 »

"I'm going to vote RefUK despite them being full of bigoted Kitsons. Because..."
I don't think People who vote reform understand exactly what rights they're giving up voting for them.

Same with Brexit. Admittedly I voted out but an error of judgement and not recognising the facts I'd vote opposite today but you can see how people can be drawn to Reform

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #346 on June 29, 2024, 01:55:55 pm by tyke1962 »
Farage has dropped Barnsley North Reform candidate Robert Lomas following comments he's previously made .

Nigel Farage wants ‘nothing’ to do with Barnsley North candidate Robert Lomas | Barnsley Chronicle https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/28758/nigel-farage-wants-nothing-to-do-with-barnsley-north-candidate-robert-lomas

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #347 on June 29, 2024, 02:28:55 pm by tyke1962 »

It's not complaining tyke it's reality unless you've been asleep for 14 years.

Listen to this: https://www.theguardian.com/news/audio/2024/jun/28/the-14-years-that-broke-britain-part-1-podcast

Problem for you is that your beloved party helped add 8 years to the Tory sentence .

I'll hear none of your belly aching either .

https://www.middleeasteye.net/opinion/how-top-labour-officials-plotted-bring-down-corbyn

TonySoprano

• Forum Member
« Reply #348 on June 29, 2024, 03:13:42 pm by TonySoprano »

I don't think People who vote reform understand exactly what rights they're giving up voting for them.

Same with Brexit. Admittedly I voted out but an error of judgement and not recognising the facts I'd vote opposite today but you can see how people can be drawn to Reform
Go on then, what rights ?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #349 on June 29, 2024, 03:36:02 pm by selby »
  You can't help yourself Billy, always calling people you don't know bigots, Nazis, and the rest, for someone who I consider quite bright you  easily show hate of people who don't tow your line.
  Sad really.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #350 on June 29, 2024, 03:42:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No Selby.

I don't hate people who disagree with me.

I hate bigoted Kitsons.

There's a big difference.

You want to vote for a party that attracts candidates who say they want to slaughter immigrants on the beaches? Who say blacks need to stop acting like savages? Who say we'd have been better advised doing a deal with Hitler? You want to normalise it by saying other politicians say similar stuff, when they say nothing remotely like that?

Fill your boots. Just don't get mardy when I say I despise bigoted Kitsons.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #351 on June 29, 2024, 04:22:40 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
This is where bothsidesism gets you.

https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1807024727283675211

80% of the population despises Farage and what he stands for.

When he's faced with an audience that reflects the country, he cries that it's unfair because the audience wasn't "balanced".

At least the BBC are finally growing a f**king spine.

In the Brexit referendum, the hugely overwhelming majority of economists and business leaders thought that Brexit would be a Very Bad Thing?

What did the BBC do?

Every time they had someone on explaining why it would be bad, they got someone on saying it would be great (with is why Tim Martin and Patrick Minford were on so often cos they were about the only Brexit supporting businessman and economist they could find).

That approach gave the public a totally wrong impression that the Brexit supporting arguments were as widely shared as the Remain ones.

Bothsidesism.

Farage of course wants bothsidesism, because that gives the impression his ideas are widely shared. Whereas in reality, he's supported by a repulsive 20% and the rest of the country f**king hates him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #352 on June 29, 2024, 04:43:19 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When the likes of Farage, Tim Martin and Patrick Minford appeared on BBC's Question Time, the audience was blatantly unbalanced against them, as was the entire panel, including the host!

Farage is the most popular politician in the country, and BST is either genuinely out of touch with reality, or he is attempting to kid others along with himself.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #353 on June 29, 2024, 04:49:41 pm by tommy toes »
Was out canvassing this morning in Donny East, where apparently it’s close.
This bloke came to the door with a Rovers top on
We had a chat about the upcoming season, both of us confident we’d win the league.
Then talked about the election, he said he was undecided between Labour and Reform.
I pointed out this was a bit of a stretch.
He said ‘No, they’re similar from what I’ve seen’
Don’t know where he’s been looking so just said I hope you come down on Labours side.
Didn’t know where to start!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #354 on June 29, 2024, 04:54:56 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Maybe he thinks the Horseshoe theory applies.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #356 on June 29, 2024, 05:13:09 pm by tommy toes »
When the likes of Farage, Tim Martin and Patrick Minford appeared on BBC's Question Time, the audience was blatantly unbalanced against them, as was the entire panel, including the host!

Farage is the most popular politician in the country, and BST is either genuinely out of touch with reality, or he is attempting to kid others along with himself.

We don’t need BST to show us that the odious Farage is hated by most of the country and leads a ‘party’ full of racists and neo nazis.
Can see where your colours are nailed BB.
(Which you’ll no doubt deny)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #357 on June 29, 2024, 05:15:30 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Who's WE?

Where are my colours nailed?

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #358 on June 29, 2024, 05:18:42 pm by ravenrover »
No Selby.

I don't hate people who disagree with me.

I hate bigoted Kitsons.

There's a big difference.

You want to vote for a party that attracts candidates who say they want to slaughter immigrants on the beaches? Who say blacks need to stop acting like savages? Who say we'd have been better advised doing a deal with Hitler? You want to normalise it by saying other politicians say similar stuff, when they say nothing remotely like that?

Fill your boots. Just don't get mardy when I say I despise bigoted Kitsons.
Billy he knows he can't vote reform he's already said there is no candidate where he votes WUM

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #359 on June 29, 2024, 05:31:10 pm by tommy toes »
Who's WE?

WE are the people whom BST is trying to kid, along with himself, as you put it.

Bingo!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012