Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 06:56:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Farage  (Read 6616 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: Farage
« Reply #30 on June 14, 2024, 04:11:54 pm by scawsby steve »
Well well well. I said not to shoot the messenger. I was just commenting on his performance.

Personally, I couldn't give a flying f*ck for any of them. None of them will change anything.

I don't know why some of you get so uptight about it all. Keith is going to win by a landslide.

Then everything will be hunky dory. Won't it?

The term "Don't shoot the messenger" which you chose to use, normally applies to a situation where someone is delivering a fact, or several facts, which are expected to be unpopular.

You didn't deliver any facts SS, you gave your opinion, which of course you're entitled to.
So you weren't really a messenger and therefore you have to accept you might get shot down, or at least challenged.

The reason I used that term, Pancho, was to deflect the view that people might think I'm a Farage supporter. I'm not, I don't support any of them.

My comment was about how he performed in the studio, which I believe was better than the others, a view shared by most of the media pundits I've heard since.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 14, 2024, 04:33:28 pm by Donnywolf »
Tbf ... he's got nothing to lose , no gaffes to apologise for.

He's had 7 attempts to be an MP and the Electorate have said Uhhh Uhher ( Family Fortunes).

Speaking of fortunes , Reform is a Co,pany he set up and to join you give him 25 quid and last time I read 40000 had done just that so he's bagged a Million quid for his Company

Personally I hope he doesn't get elected as an MP , and of course given the inequality of FPTP Reform will be lucky to get 10 MPs

So he can go on the Stump or on TV (ffs he's never off even when it isn't an Election) or on TV debates and spout whatever view he thinks will keep him in the spotlight

Nice work if you can get it . And he's got it even given his extremist one trick pony agenda

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 14, 2024, 04:49:36 pm by SydneyRover »
Here's what people who have known him think ............

He's a c***

oops not that, this

‘''He was a deeply unembarrassed racist’: Nigel Farage, by those who have known him''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2024/jun/14/he-was-a-deeply-unembarrassed-racist-nigel-farage-by-those-who-have-known-him

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 14, 2024, 05:16:34 pm by Herbert Anchovy »
Farage is just a more racist version of Boris Johnson.
A lying performer with no actual substance or realistic thoughts. Comes out to rattle the apple cart but when presented with real tough questions flounders or starts shouting his racist extreme right wing rhetoric.
These people who think he will look after the working man really are clueless and need to understand just what a con man he is.
Stephen Flynn seems to be the only politician brave enough to tackle the issue of Brexit for which Farage simply doesn't have any answer for as he knows he screwed the country by being the front man for the Brexit campaign.

It really worries me that Farage, and his party, are so open about their policies that would erode our rights AND reduce our standing and respect around the world, that people would actually vote for this???

Did anyone else see the clip from Question Time a few weeks ago where a member of the audience supported Reform's plan to come out of the ECHR. One of the panellists then pointed out that the ECHR also protects his rights as well as those of immigrants. His response was "I don't care"!!! Unbelievable!
How many ordinary Joe Publics resort to the ECHR
You never hear of any it’s usually some t**t trying to dodge Prison or deportation have you any examples to support your claim that it is a Force for good, bearing in mind we live in the most democratic fair minded state on the planet!

The ECHR protects the individual from the state. So every one of us benefits from this protection every day. Your right to freely express your view on here (and anywhere else) is protected by the ECHR. Russia has withdrawn from the ECHR and consequently freedom of speech is heavily restricted there.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on June 14, 2024, 06:27:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here's Farage showing what he thinks of his supporters.

https://x.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1801625340684492952

For the record, overseas students have never been able to bring their parents with them.

I'm sure Farage knows that cos he's not stupid.

He just thinks the people who voted for him are too thick to realise when he's bullshitting them.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on June 14, 2024, 06:53:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Course, I SAY he's not stupid. But then again he did say the KamiKwaze Budget was the best one for a generation.

Which makes him either REALLY stupid... or...actually wanting our economy to collapse.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 14, 2024, 06:58:57 pm by Sprotyrover »
A lying performer with no actual substance or realistic thoughts. Comes out to rattle the apple cart but when presented with real tough questions flounders or starts shouting his racist extreme right wing rhetoric.
These people who think he will look after the working man really are clueless and need to understand just what a con man he is.
Stephen Flynn seems to be the only politician brave enough to tackle the issue of Brexit for which Farage simply doesn't have any answer for as he knows he screwed the country by being the front man for the Brexit campaign.

It really worries me that Farage, and his party, are so open about their policies that would erode our rights AND reduce our standing and respect around the world, that people would actually vote for this???

Did anyone else see the clip from Question Time a few weeks ago where a member of the audience supported Reform's plan to come out of the ECHR. One of the panellists then pointed out that the ECHR also protects his rights as well as those of immigrants. His response was "I don't care"!!! Unbelievable!
You never hear of any it’s usually some t**t trying to dodge Prison or deportation have you any examples to support your claim that it is a Force for good, bearing in mind we live in the most democratic fair minded state on the planet!

The ECHR protects the individual from the state. So every one of us benefits from this protection every day. Your right to freely express your view on here (and anywhere else) is protected by the ECHR. Russia has withdrawn from the ECHR and consequently freedom of speech is heavily restricted there.
Herbert you are stooping a bit low comparing the
Bastion of democracy with RUSSIA! Good Grief

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 14, 2024, 07:09:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You mean that country that literally rounded up British citizens and shipped them to the Caribbean in the Windrush scandal?

Or the country that still refuses to give my brother in law the passport he has a right to?

Now.

Those are things that a right wing Govt has done in this country while it still has done degree of control imposed on it. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine what a Farage-Braverman Govt would do if it was let off the leash.

Why is your BiL denied a passport if he has a right ?

Very long story which I've recounted on here before.

Basically his Italian father had indefinite leave to remain in the UK from the early 70s. When he died in 2003, leaving an Italian wife and an 8 year old son who had been born and brought up in the UK, his wife who didn't have leave to remain went back to Italy with the kid.

As the son of a father with indefinite LTR, and having been born in the UK, the son has the legal right to claim British citizenship.

But the Theresa May Home Office refused his case because they said it was up to him to prove his father (who had lived in the UK for 33 years, raised three kids here, got a degree here, worked in the NHS and set up a successful company) had LTR. Which the son couldn't do because the documents had been lost in the chaotic circumstances of his father's death, mother's mental breakdown and their move to Italy.

We made this point to the HO numerous times, and pointed out it was the HO themselves who had given the LTR and so presumably they had records. That produced a response that in essence said "tough shit. Your problem."

And we have never been able to get his British citizenship to this day.

His response has been to forge a very successful career first in Italy, now elsewhere in the EU. He could have been doing that in our economy. But hey, we kept another wog out, so that's nice.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on June 15, 2024, 12:13:18 am by selby »
  Syd, the calling of people you don't agree with racist at every opportunity or bigot is becoming old hat, insulting to people you don't know on here, but Farage revels in it because people like you give him exposure and you don't realise it, and its normally the end of debate and conversation in public, or can end up with a flat nose when not many others  about.
  Its used in so many contexts now that it is becoming diluted and in fact makes the perpetrator look inadequate, as if it is their first line of defence when they are themselves lost like infants at school.
  Apart from that it's boring, and  in most cases untrue.
  You need to realise that if you want to make Farage popular, talk about him even if you think he is bad.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on June 15, 2024, 06:16:19 am by SydneyRover »
Back on the brandy again selby?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 15, 2024, 07:41:30 am by Ldr »

You mean that country that literally rounded up British citizens and shipped them to the Caribbean in the Windrush scandal?

Or the country that still refuses to give my brother in law the passport he has a right to?

Now.

Those are things that a right wing Govt has done in this country while it still has done degree of control imposed on it. Close your eyes for a moment and imagine what a Farage-Braverman Govt would do if it was let off the leash.

Why is your BiL denied a passport if he has a right ?

Very long story which I've recounted on here before.

Basically his Italian father had indefinite leave to remain in the UK from the early 70s. When he died in 2003, leaving an Italian wife and an 8 year old son who had been born and brought up in the UK, his wife who didn't have leave to remain went back to Italy with the kid.

As the son of a father with indefinite LTR, and having been born in the UK, the son has the legal right to claim British citizenship.

But the Theresa May Home Office refused his case because they said it was up to him to prove his father (who had lived in the UK for 33 years, raised three kids here, got a degree here, worked in the NHS and set up a successful company) had LTR. Which the son couldn't do because the documents had been lost in the chaotic circumstances of his father's death, mother's mental breakdown and their move to Italy.

We made this point to the HO numerous times, and pointed out it was the HO themselves who had given the LTR and so presumably they had records. That produced a response that in essence said "tough shit. Your problem."

And we have never been able to get his British citizenship to this day.

His response has been to forge a very successful career first in Italy, now elsewhere in the EU. He could have been doing that in our economy. But hey, we kept another wog out, so that's nice.

Yeah that is bad and, as you say, a loss to the country

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 15, 2024, 09:56:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Do you wonder why I f**king despise this lot? They f**k over people's lives to satisfy bigots.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 15, 2024, 10:00:44 am by wilts rover »
It doesn't matter if you have evil intentions - providing you are good at what you do. Farage on Putin

Go on - vote for someone who thinks that being good at being evil is a desirable characteristic - you deserve him/it.

https://x.com/BBCPolitics/status/1801556058638307426

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 15, 2024, 10:01:24 am by wilts rover »
Do you wonder why I f**king despise this lot? They f**k over people's lives to satisfy bigots.

But they make it easier to identify the bigots

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 15, 2024, 11:15:01 am by Bentley Bullet »

Wilts, what is a bigot?

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 15, 2024, 12:37:41 pm by BobG »
Look in a mirror BB.

BobG

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on June 15, 2024, 02:08:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It doesn't matter if you have evil intentions - providing you are good at what you do. Farage on Putin

Go on - vote for someone who thinks that being good at being evil is a desirable characteristic - you deserve him/it.

https://x.com/BBCPolitics/status/1801556058638307426

f**k me, he actually said THAT? In THIS campaign?

Vote for him lads, if you must. Just don't try and bullshit us that you don't know what he is.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 15, 2024, 02:23:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
He admires the man who rigs elections because of how long he's been in power.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 15, 2024, 02:37:02 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
"Yes of course I don't agree with Putin putting nerve agent in opponents' undercrackies. (Sly grin) But you have to admit, he's very good at it!"

That is PRECISELY what he is saying.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 15, 2024, 03:38:39 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
It's no surprise he admires Putin. The thing is, he also bigs up the Yankee heads of state. Does he know they're puppets? Does he know who pulls their strings? Not a question for BST, obviously.

Farage is pro corporations, pro money flowing into his and his mates pockets. And like many folks like that, he doesn't care about the fall out on the ordinary person. He is a signed up member of the evil brigade.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on June 15, 2024, 04:13:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Look in a mirror BB.

BobG
Immaturing with age I see, BobG.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 15, 2024, 04:38:43 pm by selby »
  The gang talking about Farage, does anyone else matter now? he loves it. and you fall for it. because you thinking you are being decent folk have HATE in you and he can bring it out, unmask you, and  undermine your stance and take you for the fools you are.
 Showing how you can turn to hate does nothing for you  and he plays  people like you like a fiddle.
  You become everything you try and decry on here and paint other people in your image, but let the mask slip too often.
   The real face of some labour supporters.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 04:40:55 pm by selby »

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 15, 2024, 04:40:38 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I love Farage. I love Putin. I love Trump.

Ok mate.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 15, 2024, 04:43:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
There you go.

The supporter of a fascist supporter saying "it's the fault of people who criticise him. We wouldn't vote for him if you didn't criticise him."

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on June 15, 2024, 04:45:57 pm by selby »
  Superb   you must have been close to a mirror. And tinged with just a little hate detected there Billy it's part of your makeup and a weakness.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2024, 04:52:20 pm by selby »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 15, 2024, 05:34:24 pm by Sprotyrover »
Taken from BST post #37
“But hey we kept another wog out so that’s nice.

You have got some serious mental health issues, go and see your GP!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 15, 2024, 05:35:42 pm by SydneyRover »
  Superb   you must have been close to a mirror. And tinged with just a little hate detected there Billy it's part of your makeup and a weakness.

These are first hand accounts from people very close to Farage and what they think, you appear to know better selby .......... have you been that close to him?

Here's what people who have known him think ............

He's a c***

oops not that, this

‘''He was a deeply unembarrassed racist’: Nigel Farage, by those who have known him''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/ng-interactive/2024/jun/14/he-was-a-deeply-unembarrassed-racist-nigel-farage-by-those-who-have-known-him

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on June 15, 2024, 06:39:46 pm by wilts rover »

Wilts, what is a bigot?

Oxford English Dictionary:
​a person who has very strong, unreasonable beliefs or opinions about race, religion or politics and who will not listen to or accept the opinions of anyone who disagrees

Cambridge Dictionary
a person who has strong, unreasonable beliefs and who does not like other people who have different beliefs or a different way of life

Britannica
a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person
especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

Collins Dictionay
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 15, 2024, 07:09:41 pm by DRFC_AjA »
To those who are thinking of voting Farage... you aren't a fascist or a racist, that's simply all the left have got: name calling and intimidation. They'll look down their nose at you and act like they're more educated than you and that your opinion doesn't matter....ironically behaving just like the Tories they despise

They'll equate not wanting undecated homeless immigrants with not wanting immigration of educated folks, students,  NHS workers....that's not true and not an equality

They might even tell you to vote green.....while the green candidates swear jihad

Don't be intimated,  vote how you want

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 15, 2024, 07:13:05 pm by SydneyRover »
To those who are thinking of voting Farage... you aren't a fascist or a racist, that's simply all the left have got: name calling and intimidation. They'll look down their nose at you and act like they're more educated than you and that your opinion doesn't matter....ironically behaving just like the Tories they despise

They'll equate not wanting undecated homeless immigrants with not wanting immigration of educated folks, students,  NHS workers....that's not true and not an equality

They might even tell you to vote green.....while the green candidates swear jihad

Don't be intimated,  vote how you want

typical of off topic, make an issue if something no-one has said

TinyPortal © 2005-2012