Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 01, 2024, 12:53:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Euro 2024  (Read 9369 times)

Branton Red

• Forum Member
Re: Euro 2024
« Reply #180 on June 26, 2024, 09:59:41 pm by Branton Red »
Really enjoyed watching Georgia this evening. Great performance. Thoroughly deserved win.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #181 on June 26, 2024, 10:00:32 pm by Filo »
The top half of the draw looks brutal

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 26, 2024, 10:06:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Not many.

France will have to go some to make the final.

Belgium, then Portugal then Germany/Spain. .
Good luck wi that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 26, 2024, 10:14:20 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Really enjoyed watching Georgia this evening. Great performance. Thoroughly deserved win.

Joy to watch. Skill, energy and desire. Take note Gareth, we should be renowned for the same traits.

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #184 on June 26, 2024, 11:29:22 pm by StocksArmy »
The top half of the draw looks brutal.

Not many [teams].

Belgium, then Portugal, then Germany/Spain...
Good luck with that.

Not only this, these games will take a lot out of the legs of the team that makes the final, and if England can sort their sh!t out, you would have to fancy our chances. If we don't at least make the final now, it would be the biggest underachievement I have seen in my lifetime for our national team.

[/output]

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 27, 2024, 07:24:18 am by dickos1 »

Not many [teams].

Good luck with that.

Not only this, these games will take a lot out of the legs of the team that makes the final, and if England can sort their sh!t out, you would have to fancy our chances. If we don't at least make the final now, it would be the biggest underachievement I have seen in my lifetime for our national team.

[/output]

Don’t talk daft!
Bigger under achievement than not even qualifying for a tournament, bigger underachievement than getting knocked out by Iceland, bigger under achievement than finishing bottom of a group including Costa Rica and Uruguay.
Bigger underachievement than the golden generation never getting further than a quarter final.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #186 on June 27, 2024, 07:50:59 am by les@donr »
England could well face Italy in QF, Italy have a good record against England in Euro/WC. Granted not the best Italian team, but are the holders and will do their best to keep themselves in the competition. Scoring in the 98 minute against Croatia.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2024, 08:13:45 am by les@donr »

ForsolongaRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #187 on June 27, 2024, 08:44:17 am by ForsolongaRover »

Joy to watch. Skill, energy and desire. Take note Gareth, we should be renowned for the same traits.

I admit that I haven’t watched a great many matches, but this was real entertainment. Portugal were cautious and although they basically played like England, they were noticeably more energetic. They understood that you can’t just walk your way through matches. Of course too, they repeatedly tried to deceive the ref and it was not successful. The days when we thought we had the best referees are long gone and those (non-Brits) I’ve seen so far have been impressive in every way.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #188 on June 27, 2024, 09:42:25 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I admit that I haven’t watched a great many matches, but this was real entertainment. Portugal were cautious and although they basically played like England, they were noticeably more energetic. They understood that you can’t just walk your way through matches. Of course too, they repeatedly tried to deceive the ref and it was not successful. The days when we thought we had the best referees are long gone and those (non-Brits) I’ve seen so far have been impressive in every way.

Yes, I also think the standard of referring is very good. Letting the game flow has been very good to see.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #189 on June 27, 2024, 10:53:33 am by Frankie Rennie »

Yes, I also think the standard of referring is very good. Letting the game flow has been very good to see.

I agree Donny the reffing has been really good, firm and resolute but I wonder if letting the game go on is more down to not wanting 10 mins plus of extra time this time around? As for us, we couldn’t really have had it easier so far with everything falling into place but for me our biggest problem is at the back where our defenders are just so slow to move the ball forward. When they receive it from the keeper they just stop with it allowing the opposition to press. The better teams defenders recive the ball and take it forward not just stop and look to pass. I’m sure if they did that it would force the opposition back and allow our midfield and front players more opportunity to get them on the back foot. I’m only an amateur so what do I know?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on June 27, 2024, 10:58:22 am by steve@dcfd »

Not many.

Belgium, then Portugal then Germany/Spain. .
Good luck wi that.
France and Belgium fault for not finishing top of their groups

EasyforDennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #191 on June 27, 2024, 11:34:32 am by EasyforDennis »
Don't get too excited about the very good standard of refereeing. It will all change on the 10th August when we start the season and have to put up with the dross served up in the EFL. Not that the EPL is much better.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #192 on June 27, 2024, 11:42:44 am by Metalmicky »
Apparently England's players will not be voting in the upcoming elections. 

They can't even find the box let alone put a cross in it....

StocksArmy

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on June 27, 2024, 03:47:16 pm by StocksArmy »

Not many [teams].

Good luck with that.

[/output]

Don’t talk daft!
Bigger under achievement than not even qualifying for a tournament, bigger underachievement than getting knocked out by Iceland, bigger under achievement than finishing bottom of a group including Costa Rica and Uruguay.
Bigger underachievement than the golden generation never getting further than a quarter final.

Bigger than all of them.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on June 29, 2024, 05:24:25 pm by Copps is Magic »
Switzerland - Italy very poor quality.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #195 on June 29, 2024, 06:27:10 pm by Copps is Magic »
Have not seen an Italian side this bad in my lifetime.

RoversInSpain

• Forum Member
« Reply #196 on June 29, 2024, 06:55:38 pm by RoversInSpain »
Have not seen an Italian side this bad in my lifetime.
Just said exactly the same, that was the strangest thing I’ve seen, Italy have always seemingly found a way…. That was terrible from them

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #197 on June 29, 2024, 07:09:43 pm by VivaRovers »
Anyone got any gossip on Scawsby Steve? Reckon this thread is the best place to discuss it if you do.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #198 on June 29, 2024, 07:16:02 pm by DonnyNoel »

Not many [teams].

Good luck with that.

[/output]

Don’t talk daft!

Bigger than all of them.
I've become a massive critic of GS but I strongly disagree with this for two reasons
1- this wouldn't be as bad as the underachivements of the 00's and the late 70's/early 80's
2 - international football is changing. We still look at the same nations we did in the 90's to be the favourites but thats just not true. Brazil and Italy are in the doldrums. Germany are up and down. Spain made the most of their golden generation then reverted to type. When these guys are knocked out of tournaments it's not an upset that makes our position stronger, it's because nations like Portugal and Croatia have moved from dark horses to QF regulars.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #199 on June 29, 2024, 07:29:40 pm by les@donr »
Italy were dire. Swiss deserved the win. Italy need to bring in the excellent u21’s into the main squad. From an Italian.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #200 on June 29, 2024, 09:02:51 pm by Campsall rover »
If we beat Slovakia then we will need to step it up big time against Switzerland. They are no mugs.
If we play as we have in the 1st 3 games we are going out.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #201 on June 29, 2024, 09:32:39 pm by Campsall rover »
Denmark 1-0 up

Or are they. VAR again oh dear. Seemed ok to me.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on June 29, 2024, 09:34:44 pm by Campsall rover »
Disallowed. Surprise surprise.

Stuart Attwell VAR ref
John Ryan’s favourite ref.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #203 on June 29, 2024, 09:35:27 pm by drfchound »
Germans now got a dodgy pen.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #204 on June 29, 2024, 09:36:10 pm by Campsall rover »
Can you believe that’s a PEN

Disgrace. Utter shambles

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #205 on June 29, 2024, 09:39:06 pm by drfchound »
Am I right in saying that a Pen taker isn’t allowed to stop during his run up to the ball.
I know they can “stutter” their stride but Havertz definitely stopped.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #206 on June 29, 2024, 09:39:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Someone please tell me what is handball.
Did he move his arm towards the ball. Answer NO
So how is that a PEN

The handball rules are made up as they go along. It’s a joke.

DRFC_AjA

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on June 29, 2024, 09:40:05 pm by DRFC_AjA »
Not sure what's more annoying the VAR decisions or the god awful American woman giving an explanation of every little decision on ITV. Coverage getting more like American football every day

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #208 on June 29, 2024, 09:40:42 pm by drfchound »
The powers that be know that they need to Germans to remain in the competition.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #209 on June 29, 2024, 09:41:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Am I right in saying that a Pen taker isn’t allowed to stop during his run up to the ball.
I know they can “stutter” their stride but Havertz definitely stopped.
Yep this is being done on a regular basis hound and it is never pulled up.   :headbang:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012