Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 05, 2024, 09:59:48 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Looks like split in the singing area!  (Read 6384 times)

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
Looks like split in the singing area!
« on February 18, 2010, 08:15:39 pm by Norfolk N Chance »
Yep the South Stand will win just how it should be !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Re:Looks like split in the singing area!
« Reply #1 on February 18, 2010, 09:12:53 pm by Spankster »
I agree, the KOP of Doncaster

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 18, 2010, 09:28:33 pm by thornerover94 »
i know there was a big debate on this and it does the seem the majority want the south stand, can this be put the club and see there response on whether they can do it and then its just if the people who dont want it there are going to move if this is to be the designated area

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 18, 2010, 10:18:29 pm by BobG »
Pardon?

BobG

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on February 18, 2010, 10:23:04 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
It's a shame as I can't imagine it'll take off in the South Stand:

1. There isn't a definate section of seats where a Singing section could stand; you can't displace people from their seats so people will be dotted all over the place.

2. The atmosphere won't be intimidating at all; Newcastle, Hull, WBA are to name a few which had notable partizan support next to the away fans.

3. Advertising boards mean no flags can go up = no identity.

I'm all up for moving and will not argue a majority vote, but seat suitability is sticking point.

VikingJames

« Reply #5 on February 18, 2010, 10:32:09 pm by VikingJames »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
It's a shame as I can't imagine it'll take off in the South Stand:

1. There isn't a definate section of seats where a Singing section could stand; you can't displace people from their seats so people will be dotted all over the place.

2. The atmosphere won't be intimidating at all; Newcastle, Hull, WBA are to name a few which had notable partizan support next to the away fans.

3. Advertising boards mean no flags can go up = no identity.

I'm all up for moving and will not argue a majority vote, but seat suitability is sticking point.

1. Why is this different anywhere else in the stadium?

2. Rubbish, the majority of \"Kop's\" are behind the goal.

3. Didn't know flags made a noise.

I know you deny it, but I get a hint of you not wanting to move.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 18, 2010, 10:41:30 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
VikingJames wrote:
quote]

There are 400 seats next to the current WSBBA which are not been used as SEASON TICKET seats, same in the East Stand. They might be, but how effective was that on Tuesday? Don't be so cynical, we want some identity back, once upon a time we stood in the Popular Stand, we want that legacy back, we're already collecting for our next flag: 'The Famous Pop Side'. We'd be happy to move, but it has to work...I'm not sitting on Row H and getting asked to sit down and shut up.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 18, 2010, 10:45:25 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just to put another slant on things.

1.Is it fair to say most Rovers fans at away matches sing?

2. What proportion of the same fans sing with the same vigour at home games?

3. If the answer to 1 is higher, then what is it about away matches that turn mild mannered folk in to screaming idiots ?

4. The golden question, how do you recreate the 'away' attitude at home ?

I think there are more people at home games who would join in the singing if more around them would also join in irrespective of what parts of the ground we sit.

I;m sure a big factor is the tribal thing and no matter what, it can never be the same at home.

Perhaps like at Italian matches you get a geezer with a megaphone leading the singing ! (How irritating that would be !)

VikingJames

« Reply #8 on February 18, 2010, 10:53:35 pm by VikingJames »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
VikingJames wrote:
quote]

There are 400 seats next to the current WSBBA which are not been used as SEASON TICKET seats, same in the East Stand. They might be, but how effective was that on Tuesday? Don't be so cynical, we want some identity back, once upon a time we stood in the Popular Stand, we want that legacy back, we're already collecting for our next flag: 'The Famous Pop Side'. We'd be happy to move, but it has to work...I'm not sitting on Row H and getting asked to sit down and shut up.

Didn't it occur to you that these seats are saved for segregation? There is a reason that the seats aren't sold to STH's, I doubt that it is a marvellous coincidence that nobody happened to buy their ST for that area.
How effective was what on Tuesday? If you don't think that everybody being together in the same stand worked on Tuesday, the idea of a singing section may as well be abandoned, because we were as close to the opposition fans on Tuesday as we would be at the Keepmoat.
Cynical? No. It's a made up thing, it is completely irrelevant in the idea of a SINGING section. In what way does a flag make any difference to atmosphere? It doesn't! It's just something you like to tell yourself in your head - evidently, judging by your picture, you think you belong to some sort of tribe in the West Stand... it's delusional. It doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a \"WSBBA\" (whatever that is supposed to mean). It sounds like an idyllic thing, but it just doesn't make a difference.
Why will sitting in a different stand make any difference to your chances of standing/singing. If it is to be done through the club then it'll be accepted in whichever area it is designated to.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 18, 2010, 10:53:43 pm by BobG »
A very handy, very, very effective and very easily avaailable megaphone is a traffic cone. Try one some time. They're bloody stupendous. There's quite a few things they've been used for over the years..... :):)

BobG

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 18, 2010, 10:55:26 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Just to put another slant on things.

1.Is it fair to say most Rovers fans at away matches sing?

2. What proportion of the same fans sing with the same vigour at home games?

3. If the answer to 1 is higher, then what is it about away matches that turn mild mannered folk in to screaming idiots ?

Good point. The KMS could do with looking at the pre-match music and the level of volume; if anyone went to the KC Stadium in D3 & L1 you'll know how brilliant the atmophere got.

Maybe the chap on the mic at the KMS could do with toning down the football commentary style 'we've got a beautiful day here at the Keepmoat Stadium'.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on February 18, 2010, 11:01:35 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
VikingJames wrote:
[/quote]
Didn't it occur to you that these seats are saved for segregation? There is a reason that the seats aren't sold to STH's, I doubt that it is a marvellous coincidence that nobody happened to buy their ST for that area.
How effective was what on Tuesday? If you don't think that everybody being together in the same stand worked on Tuesday, the idea of a singing section may as well be abandoned, because we were as close to the opposition fans on Tuesday as we would be at the Keepmoat.
Cynical? No. It's a made up thing, it is completely irrelevant in the idea of a SINGING section. In what way does a flag make any difference to atmosphere? It doesn't! It's just something you like to tell yourself in your head - evidently, judging by your picture, you think you belong to some sort of tribe in the West Stand... it's delusional. It doesn't exist. There is no such thing as a \"WSBBA\" (whatever that is supposed to mean). It sounds like an idyllic thing, but it just doesn't make a difference.
Why will sitting in a different stand make any difference to your chances of standing/singing. If it is to be done through the club then it'll be accepted in whichever area it is designated to.[/quote]

Yes it did and this is something we will address with the club.

Now whether you like it or not, the West Stand B Barmy Army are a band of fans who have the club and it's history at heart, we were there when we were sh*t. I imagine you're part of the band of fluffy South Stand Barmy Army kids club who are so clinical, typical of the negatives of success for a club such as ours. We are growing and will continue too.

VikingJames

« Reply #12 on February 18, 2010, 11:04:29 pm by VikingJames »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:
VikingJames wrote:

Why will sitting in a different stand make any difference to your chances of standing/singing. If it is to be done through the club then it'll be accepted in whichever area it is designated to.

Now whether you like it or not, the West Stand B Barmy Army are a band of fans who have the club and it's history at heart, we were there when we were sh*t. I imagine you're part of the band of fluffy South Stand Barmy Army kids club who are so clinical, typical of the negatives of success for a club such as ours. We are growing and will continue too.

You won't, because, the way it is going, the \"singing section\" will be in the South Stand. Sorry to break that to you, I'd imagine it would make you upset.

And also, I like how you failed to respond to 99% of my post and resorted to personal jibes for want of a better retort.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 18, 2010, 11:06:11 pm by CusworthRovers »
It's getting the right people in the right places together. Even on Tuesday there were chants on the left, chants in the middle (and cage rattling, much to the annoyance of the stewards) and chants to the right. All seemed to be looking at each other and feeding off each other. When they all sang together it sounded pretty darn good and made more join in. It was an electric atmosphere on Tuesday aided by the shit footy played by Donny

The electric atmosphere on Tuesday was awesome even with 3 seperate singing groups close together. Imagine if they were all in the same section ie together. NE Corner....It's the future.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on February 18, 2010, 11:12:31 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
Top and bottom of it; the South Stand cannot accomodate 300/400 singing fans, we'd be all over the stand. It would be unfair on current season ticket holders to be asked to move. I had some very good replies on the movement for a singing section - as everyone knows, polls on here mean very little - only a very small section of Rovers fans use this site and fewer notice the poll.

Thanks for the negative spin on a movement a lot of the harcore fans are well behind.

Viva la Revolution. WSBBA - Famous Pop Side

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on February 18, 2010, 11:17:44 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

I used to stand on the pop side, right back to the conference.  I now sit in the South Stand and sing the exact same stuff, with the same loud voice and as much passion.

Whether you like it or not people will do what they want to do.  I don't want to sit in the West Stand near the away fans.  I like where I sit now.  We all have a chant, we all get along and loads of us met just because of where we sit and get along well.  Alot of us are away regulars and have been for years.

Having been down that end of the west stand it didn't really seem like many of you were older than kids either.  So that's a pointless argument.

I've no issue with what you guys want to do, but whinging that others don't want to join you is a bit childish really.  Let people make their own mind up and get on with it.

VikingJames

« Reply #16 on February 18, 2010, 11:22:14 pm by VikingJames »
Precisely. I don't mean to dismiss the whole thing, but I don't think that a singing section can be set up as such. It is just something that either happens, or doesn't happen - especially with the restrictions an all-seater arena imposes on such a movement.

Nice idea though it is, I just can't see the thing working in practise. The South Stand was originally set up to be a sort of a Kop where singers would go, but you can't make people sit in a particular place, and you can't stop kids/families buying a ticket for the area, just because they are unlikely to sing.

WSBBA_Ben

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on February 18, 2010, 11:22:22 pm by WSBBA_Ben »
big fat yorkshire pudding wrote:
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

Having been down that end of the west stand it didn't really seem like many of you were older than kids either.  

The majority of us are mid to late 20's. A lot of the younger lads have gravitated over because of the dissapointing SS support (especially when we're losing).

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on February 18, 2010, 11:24:29 pm by thornerover94 »
i quite agree with cussy, the three seperate sections on tuesday were all good in there own right gettin those three together at home games is the key to getting all this work, before we can arrange it though the club must also be on side and suggest an area in the south stand it would seem for it to be, i would suggest the middle behind the goal as fans at either side can feed off this, and it needs some advertisement as a singing aswell so fans who arent on here can join in if not behind the goal then the best place would be the section with the least STH in the south stand

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on February 18, 2010, 11:40:23 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
Best plan would be to find out from the ticket office where there is a block of say 50 free seats on the SS for most games, and then buy tickets from the back row forwards so that noone can complain that people are blocking the view.

If you start small then people get wind of what's going and join in.

At present most of the noise comes from the back of the blocks directly behind the goal, so if we can get seats at the top near to them, spreading out to the right or left, then we are onto a winner.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on February 18, 2010, 11:40:36 pm by MrFrost »
Why are so many seats in the west stand used for segregation? It has only happened this year. Last season against sheff utd i sat one seat away from the barrier. Bit stupid if you ask me.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 18, 2010, 11:44:53 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
In reality it's needs co-operation between the VSC and the club if something proper wants sorting.  Rigo makes good poitns.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on February 18, 2010, 11:50:31 pm by MrFrost »
Rigo it is only this season you haven't been able to sit right on the corner of the west stand. Potentially shooting ourselves in the foot I'd we ever sell out.

Mr Croft

« Reply #23 on February 19, 2010, 01:01:42 am by Mr Croft »
People keep bringing up an arguement and I agree with Rigo the only darn solution of unreserved seating will never happen, the South stand is our Kop, and it probably always will be, However I think it is time the club re-assess the situation, we have had 3 long years in the keepmoat, and time to settle in, the DROS did make a poor attempt of promoting the South Stand Barmy Army, and failed after not posting regular updates.

It would be effective for all parties if they basically add a extra £20 for the top 4/5 rows of the keepmoat and promote it as a singing section, those that do not want to sing will be charged extra, and if they try to complain the KMS can use a cheesy excuse that this is for a better atmosphere therefore a better price, or something like this, Us singers should be happy to pay the extra on top knowing we can sing every game, the keepmoat make more money and problems are solved.

swain_drfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on February 19, 2010, 02:55:13 am by swain_drfc »
Basically the South Stand was advertised as the atmosphere stand and at first the people who wanted to sing went in there.

Over the seasons more people have gone in there not wanting to contribute to the atmosphere but just feel a part of it.

Thats my gut feeling anyway  ;)

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on February 19, 2010, 08:17:39 am by Superspy »
swain_drfc wrote:
Basically the South Stand was advertised as the atmosphere stand and at first the people who wanted to sing went in there.

Over the seasons more people have gone in there not wanting to contribute to the atmosphere but just feel a part of it.

Thats my gut feeling anyway  ;)

i agree with that, thats how it seems, so its down to us to get it back. realistically, as has been said, without the club helping us out, the ONLY way i see for it to be able to happen is if people try and move into the south stand and stick with it and see how we go.

without the club intervening i really dont see another option at this point, unless one of us wins the euromillions tonight and pays for the keepmoat to have a south stand upper tier built, then we can make our singing section there ;) hehe

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 19, 2010, 07:12:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'll just add my two penneth on how the Keepmoat evolved in terms of the South stand.

In the run up to the opening the club didn't promote or designate any area to be our Kop therefore, some fans assumed that at last we could have a behind the goal kop. Some other fans assumed we'd recreate a pop side in the West Stand opposite the pran sarnie brigade.

Result - people all over the place. It was only for the following season that fans and the club started to promote the south stand and I know a number of fans switched there for this reason.

I see it that the whole stadium is a singing area, just that some areas sing more than others.

jpp08

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on February 20, 2010, 02:41:57 am by jpp08 »
i sit in the south-east corner with my kids they love the singing and so do a few of the others kids around us. when we get to attend the away days they enjoy the atmosphere more because they are dancing around like litte idiots.

for us it starts in the south west area by time it gets over to us its died down.

i can see how it can work in the south-stand and making a fan effect but its something thats never going to happen over night.

well my thniking is these are oour next generation and need neutring into the whole atmosphere of football

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on February 20, 2010, 03:33:25 am by thornerover94 »
just a little thought we never really fill the stadium and have people scattered all over in each stand, wonder if the club would consider shutting off more seats on the east and west stand of the ground therefore this would mean people are closer together maybe force in a fashion more people into the south stand who do want to sing its just a thought mind whether it could be done is a different matter

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 20, 2010, 03:25:45 pm by Townender »
WSBBA_Ben wrote:

How come being in West Stand is for all them who was there when we was sh*t? Me and junior sit in South Stand and we was there in conference days. Just because you're in West stand doesn't mean that everyone is there.

I love the idea of a singing section but as it's been said before it will be very hard to move people around, my vote for the section though is South Stand. Just like someone else said earlier make it into the kop of Doncaster.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012