Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 28, 2024, 11:16:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wayne Bridge  (Read 5402 times)

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
Wayne Bridge
« on February 25, 2010, 05:37:33 pm by DMnumber4 »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8536491.stm

What does everyone reckon then?

For the first time in years, just when it looks like we've got everything going for us with a good manager in charge, a decent squad, even the right climate etc, we are made to look shambolic...again!

For me what goes on off the pitch, stays there. Wayne Bridge has done this purely for selfish and personal reasons. As fate would have it yes he would probably have to play alongside his former mate, but is that honestly enough to stop him wanting to represent his country at the World Cup finals, surely the pinnacle of any players career?

What's to say Terry won't get injured before the World Cup and have to pull out anyway, they're dropping like flies at the minute?

Sympathy is in short supply when you turn your back on your country i'm afraid, and despite feeling sorry for Bridge, it's not half as sorry as I feel for Capello!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris

• Forum Member
Re:Wayne Bridge
« Reply #1 on February 25, 2010, 05:41:53 pm by Chris »
DMnumber4 wrote:

For the first time in years, just when it looks like we've got everything going for us with a good manager in charge, a decent squad, even the right climate etc, we are made to look shambolic...again!

The other nations will be pissing themselves. They don't have to worry about us when our own media f**ks everything up for us!

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on February 25, 2010, 05:44:11 pm by DMnumber4 »
For the first time in a while, the media actually don't have to go fishing for stories when they're right in front of their eyes!

No rumour mill needed when it comes to Ashley Cole posing in his kegs!

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on February 25, 2010, 06:20:28 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
End of the day it's not a bad thing.  Baines and Warnock are better left backs, Bridge has been very poor for City.  Fingers crossed Cole is fit though, he's far ahead of the others.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on February 25, 2010, 07:16:47 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
DMnumber4 wrote:
Wayne Bridge has done this purely for selfish and personal reasons.

Yeah. And if that cnut Terry hadn't been committing adultery with the mother of Bridge's child purely for selfish and personal reasons, this wouldn't be an issue.

Bridge has done absolutely nothing wrong, he's been put in an invidious position by the actions of someone who the players are supposed to respect. You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

If Terry really had any balls, he'd be the one offering to relinquish his place in the squad, even if he wasn't taken up on the offer by Capello, due it being his actions alone that's caused the problem. But we all know that Terry hasn't got anything like the integrity needed to do any such thing.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on February 25, 2010, 07:27:45 pm by Nudga »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:
DMnumber4 wrote:
Wayne Bridge has done this purely for selfish and personal reasons.

Yeah. And if that cnut Terry hadn't been committing adultery with the mother of Bridge's child purely for selfish and personal reasons, this wouldn't be an issue.

Bridge has done absolutely nothing wrong, he's been put in an invidious position by the actions of someone who the players are supposed to respect. You're pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

If Terry really had any balls, he'd be the one offering to relinquish his place in the squad, even if he wasn't taken up on the offer by Capello, due it being his actions alone that's caused the problem. But we all know that Terry hasn't got anything like the integrity needed to do any such thing.

Well said that man, i'd probably go to the world cup just to smash John Terry every f**kin day in training. And then when I get sent home by the FA i'd go straight round to the ex wifes and t**t her as well.....

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on February 25, 2010, 07:28:16 pm by en aitch »
I happen to think that Bridge probably isn't \"International Class\".

However Terry is just another Billy Big b*llocks - a lying, cheating t**t who deserves no respect.

I thought that he should have resigned and crawled away into a corner.

Anyone who lives in the public eye who believes that they can pick up a bit of skirt, impress them with the size of their bank balance and think that no-one will find out displays the intelligence of most pro sportsmen and deserve all they get.

So, Bridge won't really be missed, and to be honest if Terry was unavailable it wouldn't be a disaster - it's not like we're looking to bring them to DRFC.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on February 25, 2010, 07:36:12 pm by jucyberry »
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Oh blimey, thats half the population f**ked then if you aren't allowed to have sex when you are the mother of someones kid..

Even Mary got to do it after she had Jesus.(excuse the possible blasphemy ) but.........WELL HONESTLY!!!! tut.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on February 25, 2010, 07:52:07 pm by dumbroofer »
omg jucyberry mary didnt even do it to beget or begot baby jesus lol some ones lying somewhere

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on February 25, 2010, 07:57:54 pm by jucyberry »
Well, next it will be how could Cashley do it to Cheryl.. ......they have Chihuahuas.....(Although I hear he is getting treatment for that...) :laugh:  :laugh:

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on February 25, 2010, 08:09:21 pm by dumbroofer »
quick answer hes a man n come on with a mrs like that you would have to stray

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on February 25, 2010, 08:17:33 pm by jucyberry »
The thing that makes me laugh is the papers are now going into hyperdrive about how the hijinks of the England squad are harming our chances...Well perhaps if said media hadn't published all said hijinks the poo wouldn't have hit the designer fans...

personally I think Cheryl Tweedy is the grimmest thing to come out of geordie land since Gazza's rendidtion of fog on the tyne....

Money, lip gloss and a few tears and people forget she likes to thump girls in nightclubs.

dumbroofer

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on February 25, 2010, 08:22:54 pm by dumbroofer »
you've got it hun the north easts answer to jordan,n dont get started on that one ha ha

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on February 25, 2010, 09:04:52 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
jucyberry wrote:
Glyn_Wigley wrote:

Oh blimey, thats half the population fcuked then if you aren't allowed to have sex when you are the mother of someones kid..

Even Mary got to do it after she had Jesus.(excuse the possible blasphemy ) but.........WELL HONESTLY!!!! tut.

I'm not saying he's not allowed to do it, or that things like that don't happen. What I'm saying is that when you're the guilty party take responsibility for your own actions. Terry hasn't. He didn't even offer to resign the captaincy, that had to be taken off him.

If Terry had bothered to empty his sack somewhere away from football this wouldn't be a problem (and I wouldn't care one jot), but either he hasn't got the brain to work that out for himself or he's just too damn arrogant to give a damn.

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on February 25, 2010, 09:12:38 pm by jucyberry »
Strange bloke that one I think all round..JT I mean, not you Glyn.. :) I think it's a bit of both, like many of the Prem boys, too little brain, too much cash and a huge ego that thinks it should be denied nothing.

ferribyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on February 25, 2010, 09:14:39 pm by ferribyrover »
Maybe by staying at home our Wayne thinks he has a chance with either JTs mrs or Cheryl Tweedy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on February 25, 2010, 09:30:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Just another little thing that strikes me...has Terry acknowledged anywhere he's done anything wrong by doing this, either to Bridge or his missus? Or has he, as I think he has, not uttered a peep about his behaviour?

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on February 25, 2010, 09:36:48 pm by jucyberry »
Study the body language between him and his daft wife in the holiday snaps, he doesn't even want to touch her...odd couple all round me thinks.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on February 25, 2010, 09:49:00 pm by BobG »
I'll stick up Wayne Bridge. How many of you, go on - be honest, would walk into work, sit down and get on with it, if the bloke who just shagged your Mrs is sitting 2 desks away?

Well done Wayne Bridge. At least somebody could see the problem coming and made the best decision he could for both himself and for the England team.

An even better decision, of course, would have been for Terry to actually think for a minute or two. But maybe that was too much to hope for...

I remember it happened to me years ago. I ended up smashing the back of the bloke's head against a brick wall. I could have killed him. I'm glad now I didn't, but when emotions are involved, it's best to stay miles and miles away. Wayne Bridge either has a very good advisor, or he's definitely not stupid. Either way, congratulations.

BobG

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on February 25, 2010, 09:58:04 pm by jucyberry »
but Bob, by all accounts she was his ex at the time. That is my bone of contention...if it turns out they were still together thats different.. In my book EX means you have no rights. I have never understood this whole I went out with him/her so they are now off limits for ever after bit.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on February 25, 2010, 10:06:26 pm by BobG »
Oh! I did wonder about that tbh. But I assumed that, from all the furore, they were still an item. If they weren't, then f**k me! What's all the fuss about? If that's true Jucy, then the whole thing can only be a) a press inspired shock horror stunt, and b) a nightmare for both of Bridge and Terry. What the devil is either of them supposed to do? Clearly, my previous post would not haver amny relevance at all in such a circumstance.

Does anyone know if they were an item or not then at the time of what is alleged to be an infidelity? silly me of course. I took the word at face value.

BobG

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on February 25, 2010, 10:08:53 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
It not about 'rights', it's about having some bloody sensitivity. Especially when it involves the person who has custody of your child.

I doubt whether Terry can spell sensitivity, let alone understand the concept.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on February 25, 2010, 10:15:01 pm by BobG »
Hmmm... If you mean that Joohn Terry should have had some sensitivity about whether or not he bedded a lass who was out of the relationship with the father of her child, then I'm afraid I don't agree. Which blokes would you allow to bed said lass? One thing's sure - neither she nor any other 20 something lass will revert to celibacy.

If you didn't mean that, then I've misunderstood your post. Sorry.

Cheers

BobG

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on February 25, 2010, 10:24:51 pm by Nudga »
BobG wrote:
Hmmm... If you mean that Joohn Terry should have had some sensitivity about whether or not he bedded a lass who was out of the relationship with the father of her child, then I'm afraid I don't agree. Which blokes would you allow to bed said lass? One thing's sure - neither she nor any other 20 something lass will revert to celibacy.

If you didn't mean that, then I've misunderstood your post. Sorry.

Cheers

BobG

Are you saying that it's ok that JT forgot about his own kids when he was humping WB ex? They're the injured party in all this, I saw this behaviour happen twice to my own mum before I turned 13 years old. It's simple really, if you haven't got what it takes to be a good husband and a bloody good father then DON'T get f**kin married.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on February 25, 2010, 10:29:47 pm by BobG »
:):) Nope mate. I wasn't sayaing that - and I hope you knew it. That point is a fine and fair one - but it wasn't the issue under discussion. Well, I didnt think it was anyway. As you'll have spotted, it happened to me once so I know all about that and its consequences.

Cheers

BobG

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on February 25, 2010, 10:38:21 pm by Nudga »
It just surprised me that hardly anyone has mentioned the kids in all of this, smacks of sensationalism, which is what the media thrive on. All this b*llocks will be on the front pages of the shitey OK magazines for weeks, like the obvious Max Clifford publicity stunt where Jt and his missus \"try to work things out in Dubai\". Nowt like washing your dirty laundry in public. f**kin wasters the lot of em.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on February 25, 2010, 10:46:27 pm by CusworthRovers »
We have done this before and JB then went down the road that WB and the mother of his child were parted.....so for some that meant fair game.

It might just be me, but this made up scenario would not sit well with me.

I've been with a girl many a year and we live together, have a child together and are practically man and wife.

Through one reason or another we split up.

A short time later my mate, who I see a lot and work with from time to time, starts nailing her behind my back and obviously I was oblivious to it all.

The mere thought of:

he's not told me (I am his mate and he ought to know it would strike a nerve with me)

it's the mother of my child

we had only recently split

I was pissed off and down about the split

.....really in my book makes it's unfair game.

Another scenario:

As above in the circs, however time's gone by. General lad chat over time means my mate tells me he quite likes my ex and asks what my thoughts are if he asked her out ie would it jeapordise our relationship as mates. He see's her a few times, time moves on; they hit it off and we speak again to say they are now in love, they want to get engaged. Again we chat about how I feel in relation to my child and his involvement on the scene......blah blah

Might just be me, but scenario 2 I could cope with better than scenario 1.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on February 25, 2010, 10:46:34 pm by BobG »
Now that is spot on Nudga. In Spades. Redoubled.

BobG

jucyberry

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 26, 2010, 06:31:02 am by jucyberry »
Perhaps it is a man thing? Because I still say my body my right.

However... I also think JT's wife is an enabler (sp) like a naughty child is constantly indulged she keeps on taking him back.. He hasn't got it in him to be faithful some people sadly havent. He knows that chuck her a ring/holiday / what ever and she will forgive him. she might adore him who knows, perhaps she and her family like the premiership lifestyle. but at the end of the day she and she alone  is the only one who can hobble him, and if press reports are right she ain't going to.

why the hell do people stay together for the kids? it is so damaging it sets up a world of hurt and quite possibly a life time of repeat pattern actions when the child grows up.  Like a girl who will pick a bully for a partner because it's all she has ever seen her mother live through.

Far better to be apart, with two stable homes than to be a child in a crap relationship..

One more thing, how many other clubs are as morally easy as Chelsea do you recon? Staff by all accounts acting as little more than go-betweens and pimps to get the lads laid.... Lovely.

As for the girl at the center of the Bridge/Terry scandal.....I still firmly believe that she turned to him as a friend, and he saw it as a chance to 'comfort her'  slimy bas**rd. Perhaps the club pimp was off the day he fancied a little extra work out?

en aitch

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on February 26, 2010, 07:06:20 am by en aitch »
Of course its \"Your body, your right\"

The single girl has every right to get herself a shag/some comfort - although involving a toad like Clifford post bonk could be a bit strange, unless she was thinking of a potential cash benefit.

As for
she and she alone is the only one who can hobble him
- I don't agree. As a father and a husband a guy can \"self-hobble\" and should do, no matter how many gorgeous \"air-head\" bits of fluff admire his physique (or money/fame).

However I do agree about the 'staying together for the sake of the kids' comment. Why make the little buggers miserable watching their parents fight/argue. Do the decent thing, get separate homes and make proper parenting arrangements - ffs it's not like money is a problem for them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012