Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 30, 2024, 12:41:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: VSC MOTM  (Read 7158 times)

Wellred

• Forum Member
VSC MOTM
« on March 21, 2010, 07:20:04 am by Wellred »
Wilson top yesterday!!!

I really must go to Specsavers.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re:VSC MOTM
« Reply #1 on March 21, 2010, 07:33:25 am by Donnywolf »
WHY ?

.... BECAUSE you thought he WAS (ie you did not believe he had it in him and you were surprised by his performance) OR

.... BECAUSE you thought he WAS NOT (and loads of other people who voted him MOM need to go to Specsavers)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on March 21, 2010, 08:06:39 am by RobTheRover »
I thought WIlson was good yesterday, and in a team performance where no-one really stood out I can understand why he got some votes.  Oster gets my vote, though.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 21, 2010, 08:22:20 am by Wellred »
Oster was my MOTM, followed by JOC
Wilson had a decent first half, totally vanished for the second half.
If he grew some balls as well as he can grow a beard then he might be a bit better. Always bottles it when its a 50/50 ball as he showed yesterday.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 21, 2010, 08:38:53 am by DonnyNoel »
Wellred wrote:
Oster was my MOTM, followed by JOC
Wilson had a decent first half, totally vanished for the second half.
If he grew some balls as well as he can grow a beard then he might be a bit better. Always bottles it when its a 50/50 ball as he showed yesterday.

You complain about bottling 50/50s but have Oster as motm? Think our entire midfield all has the same faults with regards to not being strong enough and giving silly little balls away which is why so many defenders (and Sharp) get motm I reckon.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 21, 2010, 08:44:15 am by RobTheRover »
Thats an interesting point, Noel.  Just thinking about the midfield we had last season...  if only we'd had the MoM vote then.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 21, 2010, 09:07:35 am by donnievic »
Also thought Wilson had a good game yesterday along with O'Conner and Hayter who did all the hard work running off the ball and also doing JET FAIR SHARE OR CLOSING DOWN!!!!

Sum people just don't like Wilson because he hasn't got the pace or flair like other players just like sum  Sheff Utd fans don't like Montgomery who i also thought was good for them yesterday

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 21, 2010, 09:09:22 am by Filo »
Wellred wrote:
Wilson top yesterday!!!

With your poor eyesight are you sure you can find it   B)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on March 21, 2010, 09:09:26 am by idler »
I think JOC shaded it. The only reason that I choose him over Oster is that although Oster is great to watch and very talented, he needs to stop giving the ball away cheaply quite so often. A lot of talented players seem to find it so easy that they are a little blase and wasteful with their distribution. I'm sure that it drives SOD and ROK mad at times too. Richie Wellens would be telling him were he still here.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on March 21, 2010, 09:24:47 am by Wellred »
Filo wrote:
Wellred wrote:
Wilson top yesterday!!!

Wilson MOTM and you are querying my eyesight??

I think someone needs to take a look in the mirror. But then would it do any good as you wouldn't be able to see anything in it would you?

Biggles

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on March 21, 2010, 09:31:39 am by Biggles »
In the first half i was having difficulty deciding who would be MotM could have been Wilson or Oster for me, but I have Martis down for MOtM based on performance over the full 90.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on March 21, 2010, 09:31:50 am by Filo »
Wellred wrote:
Filo wrote:
Wellred wrote:
Wilson top yesterday!!!

I think someone needs to take a look in the mirror. But then would it do any good as you wouldn't be able to see anything in it would you?

Where did I say Wilson was MoM?

I don`t think my eyesight is as bad as yours!

Norfolk N Chance

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on March 21, 2010, 10:04:09 am by Norfolk N Chance »
Wilson was full of commitment yesterday and should be proud of his performance, without him doing some of the ugly things we would have suffered a heavy defeat given as we played with 10 men for 90 mins !

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on March 21, 2010, 10:08:37 am by TheRev »
Absolutely; a fair assessment Norfolk. He got my vote on his performance yesterday.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on March 21, 2010, 10:18:56 am by Wellred »
TheRev wrote:
Absolutely; a fair assessment Norfolk. He got my vote on his performance yesterday.

Stick to your Sunday job Rev, you obviously know more about that than football.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 21, 2010, 10:26:31 am by Barmby Rover »
No need to be so negative Wellred, Wilson had a good first half as did all our players, second half all our midfield did worse as is always the case when the other team ups their game and start to use muscle and the odd kick to try to break up their play. I went for Martis by the way, I thought he had a great game, good tackles and some great balls out from the back.

redbrez

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 21, 2010, 10:27:12 am by redbrez »
Biggles wrote:
In the first half i was having difficulty deciding who would be MotM could have been Wilson or Oster for me, but I have Martis down for MOtM based on performance over the full 90.
                                                                                                                           not seen it mentioned but i thought martis did OK but he could of got penalised for pushing a couple of times,one was a nailed on penalty to sheff u in the first half

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 21, 2010, 10:34:16 am by TheRev »
Wellred wrote:
TheRev wrote:

Stick to your Sunday job Rev, you obviously know more about that than football.

Yes that's true....so are you some way involved in football away from your daily job  because with your negative comments on here it doesn't show up too often?

Anyway, it looks like Care In The Community has failed you.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on March 21, 2010, 10:58:01 am by Wellred »
If you care to read back you will see that I actually did say Wilson had a decent first half.
I don't however share the belief that he adds anything to the side.
He is a plodder who can't tackle and unless a player is less than 5 yards from him often fails to make a pass.
He wasn't good enough when he first came to club and for me he hasn't done anything to show he is good enough for this level.
If you think that by making do with an average player we will progress then good for you.

timdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on March 21, 2010, 11:19:59 am by timdrfc »
Martis got my vote, he definatley adds to our team with his physical presence & like last season when we had him we don't leak goals.

But as a side note JOC has been the revelation since moving to centre half for me he does an amazing job with James Chambers on the right side with their pace . If we had Martis , O'Connor , Elliot Ward & being greedy Shackell we would have an amazing defensive unit in the middle of the park with Roberts & Chambers on the flanks.

TheRev

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 21, 2010, 11:53:52 am by TheRev »
Wellred wrote:
If you care to read back you will see that I actually did say Wilson had a decent first half.
I don't however share the belief that he adds anything to the side.
He is a plodder who can't tackle and unless a player is less than 5 yards from him often fails to make a pass.
He wasn't good enough when he first came to club and for me he hasn't done anything to show he is good enough for this level.
If you think that by making do with an average player we will progress then good for you.

Well it's obvious that you don't have a career in football then from those comments.
He can't tackle and can't pass more than 5 yards? Yeah OK - what were you saying about Spec Savers?
I think you just like to slag him off. Am I right?
You also say that because he was here before, under Penny (and don't forget we played a different style of football then) that he still isn't good enough.
Well SOD thinks he is, so shouldn't that be good enough for us all?

And he still gets my vote....

donnybel

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 21, 2010, 12:29:13 pm by donnybel »
The comment about Wilson vanishing in the second half could apply to most of our players simply because we were made to play deeper and couldn't get out passing game going.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 21, 2010, 01:07:55 pm by Filo »
Filo wrote:
Wellred wrote:
Filo wrote:
Wellred wrote:
Wilson top yesterday!!!

Where did I say Wilson was MoM?

I don`t think my eyesight is as bad as yours!
Again wher did i say Wilson was MoM? Do you only reply selectivly?

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on March 21, 2010, 01:15:20 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Wilson was our MOTM.  Best player out there yesterday.  First half he was outstanding, second just OK.  First half was his best spell ever in a Rovers shirt, he was superb.  He was carrying Woods and JET who struggled second half yesterday.

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 21, 2010, 02:03:24 pm by Wellred »
Well SOD thinks he is, so shouldn't that be good enough for us all?

I am surprised a Rev would be a follower of the principles of communism!

Do we all have to accept what the man in charge says or are we not allowed opinions?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on March 21, 2010, 02:17:47 pm by Filo »
You still haven`t pointed out to me where I said Wilson was MoM!

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on March 21, 2010, 02:21:52 pm by Wellred »
The reason is I didn't.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 21, 2010, 02:38:18 pm by Filo »
Wellred wrote:
Filo wrote:
Wellred wrote:
Wilson top yesterday!!!

It looks like you did to me

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 21, 2010, 02:44:21 pm by Wellred »
Maybe you interpreted what I said wrongly then.

VikingJames

« Reply #29 on March 21, 2010, 03:42:15 pm by VikingJames »
The man of the match poll just seems to be a way for the Wilson lovers to get their point across.

He had an ok game yesterday, but no way was he man of the match, and shouldn't be anywhere near the top of the poll when Copps, JOC, Oster and Hayter were all superb, and Wilson bumbled along as usual \"not doing anything wrong.\"  :blink:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012