Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 04:03:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who do you want relegated from the premier league?  (Read 5112 times)

donnygreenjeans

• Forum Member
It's fair to say that the Rovers won't get relegated this year (unless there is a major hiccup) so who would you like to see join Portsmouth in getting relegated? For me i'd like Hull and West Ham!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re:Who do you want relegated from the premier league?
« Reply #1 on March 25, 2010, 11:34:20 am by not on facebook »
them cockney slags from east london,for only reason that it gives rovers fans
a day out in the smoke.

no matter what game you go to down london area from hayes to brentford,orient or west ham,never mind the result as it's allways a good day on the lash.

DonnyNoel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on March 25, 2010, 12:12:22 pm by DonnyNoel »
Be nice if a \"name\" like West Ham came down just for the experience and the \"teams like Donny\" comments.

Hull - I think we're owed a win at the KC after the L2 and L1 games there. I also used to say Hull as I disliked Phil Brown but thats not an issue any more.

Pintolager

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 25, 2010, 12:56:45 pm by Pintolager »
Agree with the comments regarding West Ham and going to their ground for the experience etc. But personally, I think the 2 clubs to join Pompey will be Hull and Burnley, I can't see either of them staying up. Looking forward to going Portsmouth next season...new ground to go to and their fans are a decent set too.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on March 25, 2010, 01:14:49 pm by Superspy »
i want hull and burnley to come down to give us the best chance of going up next year.

i'd rather not have another newcastle coming down and sitting at the top of the league all season again...or not by as much anyway.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 25, 2010, 01:25:20 pm by Filo »
I wouldn`t mind Bolton coming down, because after reading JR`s book he mentions the Bolton chairman wanting to create a Premier League 1 and 2 and making it a closed shop to all the other league clubs

Townender

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on March 25, 2010, 02:52:12 pm by Townender »
I cant see past those three to be honest.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 25, 2010, 02:58:53 pm by DRNaith »
Burnley, because they took the cheap option of taking on Laws and West Ham for the \"big name in the same league\" thingy.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on March 25, 2010, 06:53:11 pm by RoversAlias »
I think Burnley and Hull will come down and I've got nothing against either side coming down even though Ive been to both Turf Moor and the KC before. Then again I've not seen Rovers at Turf Moor. Plus, neither side surely will be pushing for the title next season which might help not only ourselves but the openness of the league. Let's face it the title/promotion race has been dull for the most part this season.

I don't want West Ham to come down, but someone like Wigan or Bolton I'd not mind too much.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on March 25, 2010, 07:00:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Would like to see the likes of Hull, Leeds, Huddersfield, Blades, Owls, Forest, Derby, Leicester all kicking lumps out of each other, while we'll keep it pure and football them all to death !!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on March 25, 2010, 07:18:06 pm by RobTheRover »
West Ham are my mum's team (she was born in East Ham) so I want them to stay up.  Any of the other Kitsons can come down for me.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on March 25, 2010, 07:36:06 pm by Nudga »
RobTheRover wrote:
West Ham are my mum's team (she was born in East Ham) so I want them to stay up.  Any of the other cnuts can come down for me.

Fack owff

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on March 25, 2010, 08:07:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Will be interesting to see whether this division is stronger or weaker next season.

We'll be losing:

Newcastle
West Brom
Peterborough
Plymouth?
Forest/Leicester/Swanseas/Cardiff (probably)
Sheff Weds/Palace/Watford/Scunny/Derby?

We'll be gaining

Portsmouth
Burnley (probably)
Hull (probably)
Norwich
then take for pick of 2 from Leeds, Millwall, Charlton, Swindon, Colchester, Huddersfield.

Interesting thing is that, we are going to lose two clubs who are smaller than us in terms of crowds and probably financial clout (Peterboro & Plymouth) and unless Swindon or Colchester come up, every one of the newcomers will get bigger crowds than us next year.

On that score, it'll be harder for us to avoid the bottom end next season. That said, Portsmouth may well be in free-fall and I'm not convinced that Burnley will be any great shakes next season. And unless Leeds come up AND do well, there'll not be a single club in the division with anything remotely close to Newcastle's dominance in terms of crowd pulling potential.

So it should all make for a much tighter division, with a smaller gap in terms of resources between the top and bottom clubs.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on March 25, 2010, 08:10:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Marvellous. So Blackpool and ouselves will be punching even
more above our weight. Bring it on !!

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on March 25, 2010, 08:47:56 pm by i_ateallthepies »
DonnyBazR0ver wrote:
Marvellous. So Blackpool and ouselves will be punching even
more above our weight. Bring it on !!

Heart says Hull and West Ham.

Hull because somebody I work with is from Hull, and he's a snake, and because I want as many teams in the Yorkshire league as poss, Leeds scumbags apart.

And West Ham because I still haven't forgiven Brooking for shafting our Sheffield neighbours three years back.
Big BUT! we've all seen how skewed is the media coverage in our league when there's a Big Name in amongst us.  Burnley on the other hand.....

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on March 25, 2010, 10:04:30 pm by BLIR »
I'd love to see Man Ure relegated because I hate them and everything they stand for. Everton because as a Scouser and a born and bred Red I'm supposed to say that, and also Arsenal because I'm not a big fan or Arsene \"everyone hates us, we never get a decision\" Wenger.

Clearly this never going to happen, I can see Pompey, Burnley and Hull coming down.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on March 25, 2010, 10:27:48 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BLIR wrote:
I'd love to see Man Ure relegated because I hate them and everything they stand for. Everton because as a Scouser and a born and bred Red I'm supposed to say that, and also Arsenal because I'm not a big fan or Arsene \"everyone hates us, we never get a decision\" Wenger.

Clearly this never going to happen, I can see Pompey, Burnley and Hull coming down.

If you were born and bred a Liverpool fan, you want to start worrying about the likes of Fulham and Stoke. Those clubs will be Liverpool's challengers for the next few years.

BLIR

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on March 25, 2010, 11:50:32 pm by BLIR »
Sadly I fear you're right BST. I'm not sure how a team can go from pushing for the title one year to be lucky to get a top 6 place the next.

Building a team consisting of 2 world class players surrounded by mediocrity has probably helped Rafa look like a clueless spanish waiter.

Gerrard or Torres out injured leads to piss poor performances and lousy results!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on March 26, 2010, 07:16:46 am by Donnywolf »
Thank you all my VSC friends

You proved your knowledge on football yet again and did not select WWFC !

It looks bad for Burnley - and it does serve them right in a way for taking the cheap option of Laws over our own SODGOD though to be fair he had little time left to turn things round

It looks dire for both West Ham (sorry Robs mother) and Hull but of course Pompey will \"save\" onr of them.I will plump for Hull going down with The Hammers surviving on the last day

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on March 26, 2010, 07:33:58 am by RobTheRover »
Dont get complacent, John.  A week ago we ALL would have said WW, but 2 wins in a week is a precious commodity in the Prem basement.

;-)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on March 26, 2010, 07:35:03 am by Barmby Rover »
No problem Foxy(are you old enough to remember Citizen Smith?) Hull Burnley and portsmouth are looking increasingly doomed, and Wolves had a cracking result midweek. Now if you could just persuade Mr.Shackell to  take a pay cut to play football.........

Ladyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on March 26, 2010, 08:19:50 am by Ladyrover »
I think the question should be who do we want to see on Sky next year!  And, yes I am bitter!

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on March 26, 2010, 12:28:55 pm by Donnywolf »
Barmby Rover wrote:
No problem Foxy(are you old enough to remember Citizen Smith?) Hull Burnley and portsmouth are looking increasingly doomed, and Wolves had a cracking result midweek. Now if you could just persuade Mr.Shackell to  take a pay cut to play football.........

Old enough to be Foxy's dad tbh ! :woohoo:

I would love the Shack to join us for good too - Wolves DONT appear to want / need him so who knows - and if they (Wolves) do stay up they are going to strengthen even more and so he in theory goes further down the pecking order

For me he has been a great Loanee and I would welcome him back anytime - based on my love of Rovers rather than him being a Wolfie

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on March 26, 2010, 01:47:37 pm by wilts rover »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Will be interesting to see whether this division is stronger or weaker next season.

We'll be losing:

Newcastle
West Brom
Peterborough
Plymouth?
Forest/Leicester/Swanseas/Cardiff (probably)
Sheff Weds/Palace/Watford/Scunny/Derby?

We'll be gaining

Portsmouth
Burnley (probably)
Hull (probably)
Norwich
then take for pick of 2 from Leeds, Millwall, Charlton, Swindon, Colchester, Huddersfield.

Interesting thing is that, we are going to lose two clubs who are smaller than us in terms of crowds and probably financial clout (Peterboro & Plymouth) and unless Swindon or Colchester come up, every one of the newcomers will get bigger crowds than us next year.

On that score, it'll be harder for us to avoid the bottom end next season. That said, Portsmouth may well be in free-fall and I'm not convinced that Burnley will be any great shakes next season. And unless Leeds come up AND do well, there'll not be a single club in the division with anything remotely close to Newcastle's dominance in terms of crowd pulling potential.

So it should all make for a much tighter division, with a smaller gap in terms of resources between the top and bottom clubs.

I seem to remember there were quite a few posts on this subject at the end of last season. If only teams were based on their potential resources...Wednesday would be top of the league! Fortunately it is played on the pitch and based on an acute manager getting the best out of his squad.

hope Burnley survive for all the little teams so its, Hull (good local derby), West Ham & Portsmouth (2 new grounds to visit with Rovers) for me

Redandwhitewhizards

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on March 26, 2010, 02:07:28 pm by Redandwhitewhizards »
Makes me laugh that people want to see Burnley get relegated as it will 'serve them right' for going for Laws over So'D.

Its like you wanted SoD to leave - personally, I am delighted he never, and couldn't give a toss if they went for the cheap option, infact, I am glad that they did, as we all should be!

For me, Pompey, West Ham and Bolton please!

River Don

• Forum Member
Re:Who do you want relegated from the premier leag
« Reply #25 on March 26, 2010, 03:53:07 pm by River Don »
I would love it if Bolton went down. It'd serve Coyle right for dumping Burnley and it'd be a disaster for Phil Gartside who is always angling to stop relegation out of the Premier league. Come to think of it, it's probably him who wants to up the parachute payments too. Detestable man.

Sadly, I don't think it'll happen.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on March 26, 2010, 10:18:28 pm by BobG »
I'm happy with most of the selections on here but I can't get my head round the common feeling that Burnley won't do much next season if they do come down. Aren't they in exactly the position everyone seems to want the Rovers to be in? GO up. Fail horribly. Come down shed loads richer. Have a right bash at winning the title the season after? What makes Burnley different to the Rovers then?

Cheers

BobG

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on March 27, 2010, 08:10:18 am by RobTheRover »
Absolutely nothing, Bob.  Burnley will be much stronger for their sabattical year in the top flight.  Can see them doing a Charlton (when Charlton were half decent I mean) and yo-yoing between the top two divisions for a few years.

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on March 30, 2010, 01:36:58 am by RedRover45 »
From a personal ground visiting to see the Rovers angle, its got to be West Ham, Bolton and Sunderland. Down to my last 15 current league grounds to see the Rovers play at, and 10 of them are in the Prem, so promotion would go down a treat.
 However, realistically it'll be Pompey deffo, Burnley deffo and either Hull or West Ham.

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on March 30, 2010, 01:49:17 am by Snods Shinpad 2 »
BobG wrote:
What makes Burnley different to the Rovers then?

:)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012