Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 03:45:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: John Oster and his contract  (Read 2386 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
John Oster and his contract
« on March 29, 2010, 03:59:35 pm by Filo »
It`s time we had Oster on a longer contract, he`s playing arguably the best Football of his carreer, once an out and out Winger, his full potential is now being realised at the Rovers, sureley Mr Thoshack must be taking a look at him and recall him into the Welsh squad

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re:John Oster and his contract
« Reply #1 on March 29, 2010, 04:13:56 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
No chance of that, Toshack fell out with him (now that's no surprise with Toshack) didn't he?

Jonathan

« Reply #2 on March 29, 2010, 04:52:18 pm by Jonathan »
Wales aside, I agree with the main theme of this thread, we should be very busy doing everything we can to tie Oster down to a longer term contract, he has become crucial to us.

Whilst I always thought he would be a useful player, I didn't believe he would be able to adapt into filling the void of Wellens/Stock but I've been proved absolutely wrong on that one. The way Oster plays the game, he has made himself every bit as important and influential as any of the key figures that have been at the heart of our success during O'Driscoll's reign and it's absolutely essential that we keep him here.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on March 29, 2010, 04:55:53 pm by mushRTID »
Im sure contracts will be something we are working on now we know what league we'll be in.

And I would be surprised if Oster's contract wasn't at the very top of SODs 'to do' list.

SkellowRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on March 29, 2010, 05:00:19 pm by SkellowRover »
At the start of the season when we first got Oster i never thought our midfield would be better having lost Wellens, but i now believe Oster to be a better player then Ritchie was, a different type of player but i think our midfield now works at a quicker tempo and is far more threatening.

Lesonthewest

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on March 29, 2010, 06:30:39 pm by Lesonthewest »
Without comparing Oster & Wellens too much I firmly believe Oster offers much more to our play than Wellens ever did. He has absolutely revelled in his current position & is a crucial player for us, especially with the absence of Stock.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on March 29, 2010, 11:48:20 pm by CusworthRovers »
I'd personally still have Wellens before JO, at this moment in time.

Oster has blown hot and cold until now IMO. Yes, when he's on song he is tremendous, but he's had a few off games to balance that, until recently. It's been in recent games, where he has been more central and instrumental in play-making that he has become a fantastic addition to the squad/system. He has been outstanding recently and covered every inch of grass, up front and in defence, and been involved in everything good about our play.

If he keeps this up and continues to play in this role, then yes he's as good as Wellens.

There were many who classed him as good as a journeyman and not a quality player we had hoped for to replace RW. I think it was more a case of SOD changing the dynamics of the team/style of play rather than replace an individual

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on March 30, 2010, 08:29:08 am by Al4475 »
Cussy wrote:

\"I think it was more a case of SOD changing the dynamics of the team/style of play rather than replace an individual\"

And that is why we are so fortunate to have this manager at our club. He's done it every season, tweaked something just a fraction, and boy does it pay dividends! Long may he be at the helm!  ;)

Although this is also precisely the reason why, sooner or later we will lose him! :(

TinyPortal © 2005-2012