Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:37:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: World cup flags!!  (Read 6012 times)

sha66y

• Forum Member
World cup flags!!
« on May 31, 2010, 12:35:21 pm by sha66y »
an English flag (4\" x 6\" ) just been erected in my \"new\" neighbours garden (rented accomodation),

and now an English flag hanging out the upstairs window!!

is there a law against this kind of thing, i dont mean from a , being offended by someone elses \"English-ness).

but for people living in \"private\" estates not wanting to see the place go down hill  :silly:

i am not a snob,......on the contrary, i just think this crude way of being \"inyerface\" English,  smacks of \"council estate gone bad\"

or desperate .....please accept me, \"i am English\"

just waiting for the windows to be thrown open to the clang and clatter of \"there will always be an England\" !!!!!

snob-rant-over!!

ps what fkin annoys you about the world cup merchandising phenomenon???

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Boomstick

• Forum Member
Re:World cup flags!!
« Reply #1 on May 31, 2010, 12:42:42 pm by Boomstick »
get a grip...

snods big brother

« Reply #2 on May 31, 2010, 12:43:07 pm by snods big brother »
Are you a NIMBY?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on May 31, 2010, 12:46:48 pm by Filo »
The origional post smacks of snobery! Even the Queen has a flag flying on her house FFS!

Boomstick

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on May 31, 2010, 12:49:25 pm by Boomstick »
sha66y wrote:
an English flag (4\" x 6\" ) just been erected in my \"new\" neighbours garden (rented accomodation),

is there a law against this kind of thing, i dont mean from a , being offended by someone elses \"English-ness).

but for people living in \"private\" estates not wanting to see the place go down hill  :silly:

i am not a snob,......on the contrary, i just think this crude way of being \"inyerface\" English,  smacks of \"council estate gone bad\"

just waiting for the windows to be thrown open to the clang and clatter of \"there will always be an England\" !!!!!

snob-rant-over!!

so your asking if there is a law against flying a St Georges flag IN ENGLAND?

once again, get a grip

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on May 31, 2010, 01:08:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »
sha66y wrote:
an English flag (4\" x 6\" ) just been erected in my ....

I wouldn't have thought 4 inches by 6 inches would have been too offensive!

I-was-there1976

« Reply #6 on May 31, 2010, 01:09:01 pm by I-was-there1976 »
its ok as long as you take the flags down after the World Cup.

If you leave them up after the event (like lazy Stainforth people do with their xmas lights) it will look very council estate ish

Snods Shinpad 2

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on May 31, 2010, 01:12:42 pm by Snods Shinpad 2 »
sha66y wrote:

Endless tedious TV commercials.

Footy being associated with wars/gladiators/brave heros/battles etc, when the reality is some overpaid ponse who rolls around on the floor at the first hint of any physical contact and pays a man in a suit to negotiate his shampoo commercial contracts.

Our dreadful national anthem. Slow, boring and keeps going on about the Queen, like anyone gives a crap about the old bag anymore.

30/40/whatever years of 'hurt'. Hurt? Its a game of footy for gods sake, get a grip.

snods big brother

« Reply #8 on May 31, 2010, 01:18:44 pm by snods big brother »
Snods Shinpad wrote:

Our dreadful national anthem. Slow, boring and keeps going on about the Queen, like anyone gives a crap about the old bag anymore.

I give a crap about the Queen and I do not think the national anthem is dreadful or boring - I particularly like verse 6

6. Lord grant that Marshal Wade
May by thy mighty aid
Victory bring
May he sedition hush
And like a torrent rush
Rebellious Scots to crush
God save the Queen/King

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on May 31, 2010, 01:40:57 pm by Wellred »
This could also apply:

A professor has found after extensive research there two sizes of penis amongst English men.

There are those that fall into the normal size range and those which are less than 2 inches when erect.

The professor has appealed for help to continue his research and has asked that all English men with small penises make themselves known over the next 6 weeks by flying a white flag with a red cross from their cars.

DN5Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on May 31, 2010, 01:50:26 pm by DN5Rover »
i am not a snob,......on the contrary, i just think this crude way of being \"inyerface\" English, smacks of \"council estate gone bad\"

What is wrong with council estates? not everybody has the good fortune to own their own property.

And YES you are a snob of the highest order.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on May 31, 2010, 02:25:49 pm by Rovers Return »
sha66y wrote:

snob-rant-over!!

Again being proud to display your Englishness is being frowned upon. If this kind of attitude continues we will all see within our lifetime the further decline of our nation. No other nation in the world, and I've been to a few, has this attitude. Most people are immensley proud of their nation and it's flag. Have you ever been abroad? You can't move in America for flags displayed everywhere.You have just convinced me to go out and get a flag to put on my house today. Our street displays numerous flags every tournament, draped from the houses and the lamposts. Oh! and we live on a very, very, private road with big posh houses.

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on May 31, 2010, 03:03:18 pm by STABNASTY »
As you well know Skip you cant see one side of my house for the 24ft Doncaster St Georges Cross adorning it. Going to scale the roof this aft to raise the flagpole on the chimney. If its good enough fro her majesty its good enough for me.
Oh yes and i live in a six bed detached and anyone that complains in my street can f**k right off.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on May 31, 2010, 03:19:45 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I fly a Yorkshire flag from my room in my house.  Annoys the rest of the house.  Not sure how they're going to take to the 10 ft by 6ft St George Cross I've just bought :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on May 31, 2010, 04:44:05 pm by silent majority »
sha66y wrote:

i am not a snob,......!!

Oh I think you are!!! Why else would you point out that your neighbours house is rented? Or even highlighting the fact your estate is private?

Personally I love this time of year when we all show how proud we are to be English, its people like you who denigrate the English flag, the way the BNP etc. did to the Union Jack, that causes us to question our pride and values. Since when did all of this become the preserve of council estates? If you cast your mind back the English flag has not been flown so widely at all, certainly not prior to the Euro 96 competition.

As for me, I'm that posh I don't even live on an estate, very upmarket here and I'll be displaying my flag quite clearly and proudly!

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on May 31, 2010, 04:53:41 pm by RoversDave »
sha66y wrote:

snob-rant-over!!

Ian you are a topnotch shit stirrer.  :unsure:

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on May 31, 2010, 04:55:30 pm by RoversDave »
Filo wrote:
The origional post smacks of snobery! Even the Queen has a flag flying on her house FFS!

Get it right Filo, \"houses\"

PS how's the rolling stones today?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on May 31, 2010, 05:10:51 pm by Filo »
RoversDave wrote:

PS how's the rolling stones today?

Top jobby thanks, have n`t felt a thing since the stone dropped into my bladder, don`t know if i`ve pissed it out yet or not  :)

Now where`s my England flag, so I can hang it out of my window on my private house just to piss those commoners (in rented accommodation) off next door  :laugh:

Wellred

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on May 31, 2010, 05:15:42 pm by Wellred »
I know there are public houses in Stainy....but private ones as well?? whatever next.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on May 31, 2010, 05:31:20 pm by Filo »
Wellred wrote:
I know there are public houses in Stainy....but private ones as well?? whatever next.

Yes private houses, not Pilkington Workers houses  ;)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on May 31, 2010, 05:49:25 pm by Dutch Uncle »
sha66y wrote:

snob-rant-over!!

Tell you something sha66y - I wouldn't recommend you coming and living over here - talk about over the top and everywhere - Orange in your face as far as the eye can see

thornerover94

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on May 31, 2010, 06:56:24 pm by thornerover94 »
i would rather than see an english flag than another countrys flag flying from any house if some people want to show there colours let them it cant be offensive to you as an english man yourself so why start moaning about it, there are millions of people through the country flying flags from there windows or cars or bikes even is every person inferior to yourself for doing this? no! i would say they are all better than you as there not on a donny forum moaning about it go and post it on englands forum and see how many agree with you there

Chris

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on May 31, 2010, 06:58:29 pm by Chris »
I like to see flags in the street as we're approaching a World Cup. Car flags just look tacky though.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on May 31, 2010, 11:20:12 pm by not on facebook »
shaggy66 silence on this thread since it was started speaks
volumes about how they might just relaise how wrong one looks

STABNASTY

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 01, 2010, 12:23:21 am by STABNASTY »

my flag flying proudly

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 01, 2010, 12:27:00 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Filo wrote:

Aye. But she's a Kraut married to a Greek, and had a Jocko for a mam. So she's just hedging her bets.

She ought to have the EU or UN flag on Buck House if she were going to call a spade a spade.

You watch. When Podolski scores against us in the semi, she'll be goose-stepping upp and down The Mall in a kilt giving it all Uber Alles on the bagpipes.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 01, 2010, 08:23:40 am by bobjimwilly »
BillyStubbsTears wrote:
Filo wrote:

Aye. But she's a Kraut married to a Greek, and had a Jocko for a mam. So she's just hedging her bets.

She ought to have the EU or UN flag on Buck House if she were going to call a spade a spade.

You watch. When Podolski scores against us in the semi, she'll be goose-stepping upp and down The Mall in a kilt giving it all Uber Alles on the bagpipes.

LOL!  :laugh:

fudgepacker

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 01, 2010, 08:59:08 am by fudgepacker »
STABNASTY wrote:

my flag flying proudly

So thats yours, i see it every morning on my way to work. Almost caused a pile up when I slowed down to try and read what it said though!!!

Thinwhiteduke

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 01, 2010, 09:19:03 am by Thinwhiteduke »
STABNASTY wrote:

my flag flying proudly

Where is that?

Im sure Ive passed it hundreds of times.

As for sha66y, what a miserable git. I hope his supposed inferior neighbours pur another 10 flags up. Probably the sort of bloke who moans about his neighbours having a BBQ on a warm summers night.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 01, 2010, 09:19:54 am by MrFrost »
sha66y wrote:

snob-rant-over!!

Why make the point that the house is rented? What difference does this make? Do you have a low opinion of renting tennants?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012