Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 08:10:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Who is Dazza?  (Read 8859 times)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Who is Dazza?
« on June 09, 2010, 08:07:27 pm by bobjimwilly »
You know, the chap who's put together the awesome Rovers vids on Youtube?
Any more importantly, does anyone know if he'll be putting any together of the 09/10 season?

:huh:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
Re:Who is Dazza?
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2010, 08:16:26 pm by bobjimwilly »
on a sidenote, this video always brings a tear to my eye also:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LopFL5BMnPo[/video]

Reminds us all just how far the club's come in recent years

:scarf:

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2010, 09:19:12 pm by BobG »
If you look at his profile on Youtube I think his name is there. And his ambition to be a profesional editor. THere's a few bits about him and some nice comments from his appreciative audience. Including me :)

BobG

DonnyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 10, 2010, 12:02:55 am by DonnyRover »
whats the name of football heavens song?

RoversDave

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 10, 2010, 07:50:11 am by RoversDave »
DonnyRover wrote:

If you mean the instrumental music in the first half, this comment is on youtube

Hoppipolla music? video by Sigur Ros.
If you put it in search on Youtube you'll get the video to watch. The BBC use it quite a lot

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 10, 2010, 09:33:09 am by Mike_F »
bobjimwilly wrote:
on a sidenote, this video always brings a tear to my eye also:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LopFL5BMnPo[/video]

Reminds us all just how far the club's come in recent years

:scarf:

Wonderful.

Truly wonderful.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 10, 2010, 09:34:37 am by Mike_F »
RoversDave wrote:
DonnyRover wrote:

If you mean the instrumental music in the first half, this comment is on youtube

Hoppipolla music? video by Sigur Ros.
If you put it in search on Youtube you'll get the video to watch. The BBC use it quite a lot

Football Heaven also use an instrumental version of Shut Up and Let Me Go by the Ting Tings quite a lot.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on June 10, 2010, 01:17:40 pm by bobjimwilly »
Does anyone else reckon they have the skills and time to give it a go at making a montage of the 09/10 season for the rest of us?  :P

00odazzao00

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 20, 2010, 06:12:33 pm by 00odazzao00 »
Hi Everyone,
My name is Darren Neagle I'm 20 and i am '00odazzao00' and responsible for some of the rovers videos on youtube. Thank you for watching them and the nice comments :)!!! ...

In reply to your question, i was considering creating a round up video of the 09-10 season, but the only footage i would have is whats on youtube already and that from the televised Reading game.

I have previously approached rovers media man, Steve Utterly, about a project regarding the 'End of season awards dinner'. However I received a blunt reply saying I wouldn't be allowed to undertake the project..

I Love my hobby and my passion for Doncaster Rovers and would treasure the opportunity to work voluntary with the media team. Maybe take my professional standard Video camera to a games, film some footage for my future videos and create and present them to rovers for their use. As I Work towards my qualifications in media and pursue my career in Media production.

www.youtube.com/00odazzao00

Jonathan

« Reply #9 on June 20, 2010, 06:20:02 pm by Jonathan »
00odazzao00 wrote:
I have previously approached rovers media man, Steve Utterly, about a project regarding the 'End of season awards dinner'. However I received a blunt reply saying I wouldn't be allowed to undertake the project..

I Love my hobby and my passion for Doncaster Rovers and would treasure the opportunity to work voluntary with the media team. Maybe take my professional standard Video camera to a games, film some footage for my future videos and create and present them to rovers for their use. As I Work towards my qualifications in media and pursue my career in Media production.

Please somebody bring this to the attention of Gartom so that it goes straight to John Ryan and away from the dismissive media team.

Given the quality of the footage you have to work with, the editing you have done on previous projects is superb and it's the kind of thing that can capture the imagination of people.

Here we have somebody that is desperate to use his considerable skills to benefit the club, and even do it for nothing. They should not accept your offer, Dazza, they should put you on the salaried staff. The media team needs people like you - it does not need the short shrift that your initial offer received.

Jonathan

« Reply #10 on June 20, 2010, 06:20:04 pm by Jonathan »
Double post - sorry.

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 20, 2010, 06:55:52 pm by CusworthRovers »
Hi Dazza,

Just had a phone conversation with somebody from Rovers and I thought I would champion your cause. I got this response.

As much as we like Dazza, he unfortunately fails in many departments. Firstly, it seems he actually likes DRFC and the club would suggest he's actually a fan, something the club would frown upon. Secondly, it seems Dazza actually likes doing these video montages and derives a great deal of satisfaction from doing so. Again, this is frowned upon. Thirdly, on looking at his work, it seems he posts too much of his work for all the fans to see. Again, this would be frowned upon, the club has taken the stance that 'once in a blue moon' is an adequate time scale between media releases. Fourthly, it seems Dazza likes to post on Sundays, again working at weekends, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays is very much frowned upon.

As you can see Dazza clearly comes no-where near the benchmark we have set within DRFC media land. I wish him all the best in any future projects.

Sorry mate. I tried, but these guys are pro's in there.

Goldthorpe Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 20, 2010, 07:00:30 pm by Goldthorpe Rover »
Top stuff there fella keep it up.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 20, 2010, 11:00:22 pm by BobG »
I'll echo Jonathan, and others. Dazza is a treasure. He should be cuddled, protected and given all the assistance he wants. He would do wonders for DRFC. It's a certainty. I've never seen such talent, such intelligence and such powerful emotion generated by a lad without any support at all beyond his own skills.

Dazza for DRFC. So, gartom, please do put this to JR - and avoid, like the plague,  the pillocks who bury every single one of the good ideas that us pesky supporters come up with.

Cheers

BobG

PS  I've just found this one. Rather like it - though the ending is too abrupt.

http://www.youtube.com/00odazzao00#p/u/10/gDEm8XMOQ5o

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 20, 2010, 11:38:56 pm by bobjimwilly »
Thanks for finally getting in touch Dazza! And welcome to the VSC forum!
The first thing you should do is sign up to the VSC, of course  ;)

I'm sure most on here would agree your videos are excellent, and hopefully we can sort something with the club to let you edit/contribute to future video/DVDs, whether they be official or similar to the stuff you have done for the playoffs etc.  B)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on June 20, 2010, 11:52:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Steve Utterly!

Eeh, wi a sense of humour like that, tha'll gu down like a Mexborough teenager on here cocker.

Bald Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 21, 2010, 04:18:26 am by Bald Rover »
Guys I have passed this on via a different route! and have been told JR will get to see your work Dazza as the person was quite impressed with your work! I hope good things come of this!

gartom

« Reply #18 on June 21, 2010, 09:29:54 am by gartom »
Hi guys,
Just seen this topic and I will take up the challenge as well.
All is not lost, and I agree we should look to encourage folk who have the creative skills to improve our web experience...be it on DRFC or our little piece of web heaven.
Watch this space !
Cheers, Gareth

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 21, 2010, 09:35:39 pm by CusworthRovers »
If we are championing the skills of the humble Rovers fan, that would be much appreciated by a wider audience, can we suggest that Glen (aka VivaRovers) is also highlighted for his literacy/journalistic skills (assuming he would like to have some involvement in writing articles for DROS)

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 21, 2010, 10:27:24 pm by Barmby Rover »
The days when fans were trusted to contribute to rovers seems to have gone, and it is a great shame. The skills of these folks are way beyond some of the efforts produced by the \"professional\" media team at Rovers. We could do with a bit of a clear out and serious money offered to the passionate fan again to do a job they would dream to do, and who would go a million miles extra for the club.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on June 21, 2010, 10:32:30 pm by BobG »
Thank you Gartom. Irrespective of John's final view, you won't be wasting your time. I firmly believe that Dazza has produced magical clips with just about sod all equipment and exactly zero access to anything but publicly available material. Dazza to produce all CD production!

Cheers

BobG

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on June 22, 2010, 07:31:51 am by CusworthRovers »
Wouldn't it be Ironic though, if Dazza was infact Steve Utterly Butterly. By day a DROS media worker and by night a person who produces high quality media releases to all Rovers fans.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 22, 2010, 08:35:59 am by bobjimwilly »
CusworthRovers wrote:
Wouldn't it be Ironic though, if Dazza was infact Steve Utterly Butterly. By day a DROS media worker and by night a person who produces high quality media releases to all Rovers fans.

:woohoo:

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 26, 2010, 01:51:02 am by VivaRovers »
CusworthRovers wrote:
If we are championing the skills of the humble Rovers fan, that would be much appreciated by a wider audience, can we suggest that Glen (aka VivaRovers) is also highlighted for his literacy/journalistic skills (assuming he would like to have some involvement in writing articles for DROS)

Cheers Cussie, only just picked up on this thread whilst taking a break from current writing project Twinty Tin and its much appreciated.

Like Dazza I have actually contacted the club to offer my services before. I wrote to the media department four years ago with a few suggestions as to how they could expand content on the website and in the match programme, including getting a fan's perspective on matches/events which I was happy to write. I received a short reply telling me they were not after such things at that time.

Three weeks later the club website advertised for fans who might want to write about the club/on the club website. I emailed back, a little tongue in cheek, to say how delighted I was they had taken one of my ideas on board and asked what it would entail. After a bit of a rummage in my inbox I've actually found the subsequent reply I got from Steve Uttley. This is it in its entirety and with original spelling;

What we need is volunteer reporters for the youth set up. This would be on expenses type and would depend on qulaity of the reports.

We also need people tp give their views in a poistive way

Not so much as a hello, not so much as a pause to check you've spelt the word quality right when saying that it would be a determining factor on getting paid for such a thing.

I've recently (within the past couple of months) tweeted suggestions to the club on how they can get more from their presence on Twitter. These suggestions too have been ignored. Nowt changes. And sadly its holding the club back as a result.

I hope they do take Dazza on, he's strung some great montages together on limited means and material. Surely a club of our size and stature can't afford to turn down offers of help from anyone

CusworthRovers

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on June 26, 2010, 07:28:56 am by CusworthRovers »
I really wish I had not read this. I just leant back in my computer chair, tilted my head and gave out a huge sigh. Then the words 'f**kin christ almighty' left my mouth. This is really awful reading in so many ways.

I'm going to have stab at that reply with my O' Level English and O' Level English Lit. Would this reply be any better?. I'm sure many will write better, but I personally feel it does a job

Glen,

Many thanks for this email and your concerns for our great club. Ideas like this are always welcome within DRFC. I receive many ideas/initiatives from fans and they are all discussed in great detail by the media department in our regular team meetings. Each one is taken on merit and the benefits it could have on the well being of our club. You will be pleased to know that all within the media team liked this idea and thus it was forwarded to Dave Morris to be ratified and rubber stamped at a higher level. By way of feedback for you, what came out of this was that we would need volunteer reporters for our excellent and fast growing Youth set up. Payment would be by way of expenses only and obviously based on the quality of the report and suitability for use as a media release. Whilst I am sure there are many differing views on DRFC from the fans, there is an expectation that all media releases will contain a positive message and sell the club in the correct manner.

I am happy to discuss this further either via email or my private number on ??????????????.

Once again many thanks for this. Its fans like you that help drive this club forward and I look forward and welcome continued support and correspondence with you.

Up The Rovers

Utterly Butterly

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 26, 2010, 09:13:12 am by rover-n-out »
Cussie, that's a great piece of writing, and should be the sort of reply everyone receives (content apart of course) when contacting our media dept.
If they cannot construct a piece similar to yours, they should NOT (imo) be representing our club as a public mouthpiece. The answer that Glen received was a disgrace, curt, dismissive and bad mannered.

It just seems to me this lot in the Media Dept. are shit scared of being found out for what they really are.......\"Jobsworths\". They will eventually be found out though, as you can only get away with it for so long.

WTH is wrong with recognising that there are people on here with obvious talent, who only want to offer that talent, (be it for expenses or not) to try and move our club forward, and present to the rest of the outside world a professional, well run and well respected club. Why not just embrace that talent, after all aren't we all supposed to be singing from the same hymn sheet?. CLOWNS!!

P.S. My thanks to Dazza also for sharing some wonderful Rovers moments. :)  :)

Adam

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 26, 2010, 04:01:00 pm by Adam »
00odazzao00 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
My name is Darren Neagle I'm 20 and i am '00odazzao00' and responsible for some of the rovers videos on youtube. Thank you for watching them and the nice comments :)!!! ...

In reply to your question, i was considering creating a round up video of the 09-10 season, but the only footage i would have is whats on youtube already and that from the televised Reading game.

www.youtube.com/00odazzao00

Small world, Darren. Didn't know it was you who did the play-off video - best video on YT by a far.

No, I will not be your relief   ;)

I echo everyone's sentiments on here though, definately worth another pop and now Gartom's on the case you may get somewhere and good luck - better than the grotty yellow and green hellhole you're currently at.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on June 26, 2010, 06:01:52 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Pray God JR takes a 'serious' look at this thread and more importanty, Dazza's work.

I know JR is very loyal to his staff, which is not a trait to be undermined in this day & age however, on the other hand, if the club is to move on 'off field' as quickly as it's moved 'on field', someone needs to take a long hard look at the people we have in what are key areas of the club, if we are ever to progress & move onwards & upwards.

No names of course, but we fans know who these toe curling men & women are. Time to ship 'em out, gently & with thanks, and get some REAL enthusiasm, new ideas & passion in there.

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on June 26, 2010, 11:53:24 pm by BobG »
Personally, Colin, I'd tell 'em to 'f**k off and never darken the door again'. I think they have done positive harm to the club. I think they are positively incompetant. They need a positive boot up the jacksie.

BobG

TinyPortal © 2005-2012