Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 06:14:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sharp signing: A view from our rivals.  (Read 16752 times)

blakey

• Forum Member
Re:Sharp signing: A view from our rivals.
« Reply #90 on July 08, 2010, 12:42:09 am by blakey »
Thanks Bob.
Leeds have ended up where they were because of the shoddy goings on behind scenes. I envy you in a way because you are a well organised football club and done things the way a proper football club should be run. No one has no given right to be in the premiership. You mean business by the likes of Sharp who clearly picked you over us. He knows the other players and the backroom staff which is a bonus to him.He obviously feels comfortable going back to a club that he knows.
Im not arse licking in anyway but I fully do respect where you came from and where you are now.You play good football and you have a good manager and to break the bank like you did in signing Sharp I guess it's like us going for a £10m striker which we know that ain't ever gonna happen. Again that comes down to being a lot caucious nowadays and rightly so. To be fair though we could have made money on Beckford and it was a calculated gamble to turn down the £2m offer just for the sake of a few games even though it did really boil down to the winning goal on the last day.
I guess most of us thought Bates would have sold but he backed Grayson on that one.

This is gonna be a good season.Some tasty local fixtures and a bit of banter in the process.!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #91 on July 08, 2010, 12:53:31 am by RobTheRover »
And you will always be welcome on here for the banter, Blakey.

Just dont tell some of the knobs on WACCOE! ;-)

Ryan B

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on July 08, 2010, 08:57:03 am by Ryan B »
I'm currently working in an area called in Altham in the North-West, it's basically in Burnley.

On my trip across the M62 West this morning I acquired the Doncaster Free Press, and I have ensured that as I sit at my desk, the back page (showing a lovely photo of a Mr. Sharp beneath a large font of a headline) is appropriately positioned so it is on full display to the 3 or 4 Burnley fans that are working around me.

It feels so good to gloat! Better than avoiding folk following our position 10yrs ago.

sham69

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on July 08, 2010, 09:16:38 am by sham69 »
At least you lot are leaving the Wednesday fans alone.....oh, oh........ :laugh:

donnybez

• Forum Member
« Reply #94 on July 08, 2010, 11:59:46 am by donnybez »
Truth be told, I don't see Blakey as a typical Leeds fan. Now I know the average Leeds fan and there is so much arrogance and ignorance that it's a wonder they learnt to understand what a league table is and means...

However if intelligent Leeds fans want to post on this board, I welcome them, at least they arent the usual dross we'd normally get from that lot and its usually worth the banter. Better then the typical 'Champions of Europe' and 'Greatest team' crap i get my way because i'm one Doncaster fan in a town full of them.

The L J Monk

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on July 08, 2010, 12:56:39 pm by The L J Monk »
blakey wrote:

Leeds have had a massive turnover but still remain cautious. The signings we have made are by no means promotion stars but enough to hopefully estabish ourselves for the first year back in the second tier. I also agree that we haven't won anything in 30 years,well, except for the premier league title but that's it.

Remind me when you won the Premier League? Is another bizarrely named forum about to spring up?

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #96 on July 08, 2010, 06:07:41 pm by bobjimwilly »
The L J Monk wrote:
blakey wrote:

Leeds have had a massive turnover but still remain cautious. The signings we have made are by no means promotion stars but enough to hopefully estabish ourselves for the first year back in the second tier. I also agree that we haven't won anything in 30 years,well, except for the premier league title but that's it.

Remind me when you won the Premier League? Is another bizarrely named forum about to spring up?

A quick peak at wikipedia:
\"A total of 44 clubs have competed in the Premier League, but only four have won the title: Arsenal  (3 titles), Blackburn Rovers (1), Chelsea  (3), and Manchester United (11 trophies).\"

:silly:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012